Where do I receive or find a delivery receipt?

To test how delivery receipt works I sent an email to myself, requesting
delivery receipt, (so I know that it was received) but what form does
delivery receipt come in?  Same thing with read receipt, I sent myself one,
respond yes when I opened the message, but haven't received anything I can
see that is a read receipt. Where would I find it?

Delivery receipts are generated by the recipient's mail server, if it is
supported.  As for the read receipt, have you hit send/receive after reading
the email?

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, MarlinPress Manager asked:

| To test how delivery receipt works I sent an email to myself,
| requesting delivery receipt, (so I know that it was received) but
| what form does delivery receipt come in?  Same thing with read
| receipt, I sent myself one, respond yes when I opened the message,
| but haven't received anything I can see that is a read receipt. Where
| would I find it?

0
MillyS (3228)
2/16/2006 8:59:14 PM
Is my mail server Outlook or the company that gives me my email address/my
incoming server, or my ISP/my outgoing server?

I have hit send/receive numerous times after reading the email. Would the
receipt show up in my Inbox?

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> Delivery receipts are generated by the recipient's mail server, if it is
> supported.  As for the read receipt, have you hit send/receive after reading
> the email?
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, MarlinPress Manager asked:
>
> | To test how delivery receipt works I sent an email to myself,
> | requesting delivery receipt, (so I know that it was received) but
> | what form does delivery receipt come in?  Same thing with read
> | receipt, I sent myself one, respond yes when I opened the message,
> | but haven't received anything I can see that is a read receipt. Where
> | would I find it?

It would be the mail server that the recipient uses.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, MarlinPress Manager asked:

| Is my mail server Outlook or the company that gives me my email
| address/my incoming server, or my ISP/my outgoing server?
|
| I have hit send/receive numerous times after reading the email. Would
| the receipt show up in my Inbox?
|
| "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
|
|| Delivery receipts are generated by the recipient's mail server, if
|| it is supported.  As for the read receipt, have you hit send/receive
|| after reading the email?
|| --
|| Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
|| Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
|| unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
|| reading.
|| After furious head scratching, MarlinPress Manager asked:
||| To test how delivery receipt works I sent an email to myself,
||| requesting delivery receipt, (so I know that it was received) but
||| what form does delivery receipt come in?  Same thing with read
||| receipt, I sent myself one, respond yes when I opened the message,
||| but haven't received anything I can see that is a read receipt.
||| Where would I find it?

0
MillyS (3228)
2/16/2006 10:55:10 PM
So since I sent this to myself, do you mean my ISP or my domain hosting/email
address company? And would the receipt show up just like an email in my
Inbox?  BTY, I'm a newbie, not a techie, so I beg you to be patient with my
questions!

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

> It would be the mail server that the recipient uses.
>
> --
> Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

> reading.
>
> After furious head scratching, MarlinPress Manager asked:
>
> | Is my mail server Outlook or the company that gives me my email
> | address/my incoming server, or my ISP/my outgoing server?
> |
> | I have hit send/receive numerous times after reading the email. Would
> | the receipt show up in my Inbox?
> |
> | "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:
> |
> || Delivery receipts are generated by the recipient's mail server, if
> || it is supported.  As for the read receipt, have you hit send/receive
> || after reading the email?
> || --
> || Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]
> || Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact.  All
> || unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without
> || reading.
> || After furious head scratching, MarlinPress Manager asked:

Cannot Find Outlook Today in 2003
The Outlook Today button is not anywhere on the Navigation Bar in Outlook 2003, nor it is an optional button to add to the nav bar nor is it on any menu. Where do I find it/get it? There should be an Outlook Today button on the Advanced Toolbar. You can also click either the Mail button or the Folder List button on the Navigation Pane, then click the root folder of your default mail store (the set of folders where your mail is delivered), and Outlook Today should appear. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only ...

Outlook 2000, Want to stop automatic sending of Read Receipts
Is there a way to stop auto sending of Read receipts to senders? I want to control if a read message is sent back to senders. The options/emailoptions/tracking window has the reply choice grayed out so I can't choose it... Thanks Michael D. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Is there a way to stop auto sending of Read receipts to > senders? I want to control if a read message is sent back > to senders. The options/emailoptions/tracking window has > the reply choice grayed out so I can't choose it... Is this in a corporate environment? -- Brian ...

Boolean Find
Hello, I think I've seen a post here explaining a way to use the Find Method in VBA to effectively return "True" or "False". I have a variable string that I want to search for a particular sub-string. If it contains Sub-String A, I perform Action A, if it is Sub-String B, I perform Action B, and if it is neither, I perform Action C. Any suggestions? Bill Do you mean in a formula? =IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("substringA","string")),"Action A",IF(ISNUMBER(FIND("substringB","string")),"Action B","Action ...

POP3 Receive Mail Problem
I have had a problem occur out of the blue. I have Exchange 2003 with Outlook 2003 clients. Half are MAPI clients and the rest are picking up mail using POP. A number of the POP clients have developed a problem whereby send/receive will hang and only download messages at about 1 byte/s. Restarting POP, exchange services will not rectify the problem. The only workaround I have found is to move the mailbox to a different Mailbox store / Storage group. This seems to fix it for the time being, but is not ideal as I do not know why this is happening and whether there is a (more serious...

getting and receiving email in Outlook after importing from Express
I have used Outlook Express and want to switch from Outlook-I loaded my email address as explained on the website-but everytime I hit the send/receive button I get a message say the operation failed. An object could not be found. If anyone else has this problem please explain how to fix. thanks, Janelle Tell us the versions of Outlook and OE and someone can help. What types of accounts are you using? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer Janelle Bowersox <jcbowersox@mi...

Receive Copy of email
We have SBS 2003 with Exchange. I'm new to all of this so please be patient. I have set up an exchange email account and a pop account in Outlook 2003. Whenever I send an email while Exchange is the default email account I always receive an email that is identical to the one that was sent out. The receipent of the email receives it, but it is a little annoying that I get a email also that is identical. How can I avoid this? And why is this going on? On Wed, 2 Nov 2005 06:46:08 -0800, thomas <thomas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have SBS 2003 with Exchange. ...

Not Receiving Email #3
I have set up outlook in my laptop. When I am at work, I can get my email off the exchange server which is maintained by my work's ISP. Yet, when I go home, using Verizon as my home ISP, I get an error message that the server could not be contacted and cannot download my mail. I have not changed anything at my home network settings that would all of a sudden prevent access. Then again, I cannot recall the last time I used outlook to get my mail when at home. Any ideas? What version of Outlook and have you checked your server settings? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all re...

Box next to "Find" Icon on toolbar
I use OL 2003 and have a bo ...

receiving messages automatically
Greetings: I am having issues with Microsoft Outlook. If anyone can provide me with some assistance that would be great. -My Operating System is Windows XP -My Microsoft Outlook Configuration is Internet Email. My problem is when I click send/receive. It sends but does not receive. To receive I have to manually click tools, send/receive, then click on my profile name. Is there a setting I can change so that it does both send and receive at the same time. Thanks in advance, Regards, Andrew ...

E2K Send/Receive Limit NDR
Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 Server, all latest SPs/patches. I am going to be implementing send and send/receive limits in a couple of days and this question came up: Since we have NDRs turned off, will the email server send a message to the sender (either inside or outside the company) when the recipient's mailbox has reached the receive limit? Thanks for your help, Mike On Tue, 15 Feb 2005 11:21:06 -0800, Mike55 <Mike55@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000 Server, all latest SPs/patches. > >I am going to be implementing send and send/re...

finding the delay from one day to maybe 3 day later
hello i am looking for a formula can you direct me to where i can find it? I am looking for this a study was completed on 4/1/2004 @ 8:00a our paper work was sent 4/2/2004 @ 7:00a the report was returned 4/4/2004 @ 8:00P I need to find out what the time delay is between each of the above -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try the following formula =INT(B1)-INT(A1)-(MOD(B1,1)<MOD(A1,1)) & " days " & TEXT(MOD(B1,1)-MOD(A1,1)+(MOD(B1,1)<MOD(A1,1)),"hh:mm") -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > hello > i am looki...

Can send but can't receive email
For some unknown reason I stopped receiving emails via windows mail about two weeks ago. I can still send them and I'm not getting any error messages at all. I'm using virgin media with a ntlworld.com email account Has anybody get any idea what I need to do to fix this? Thanks Are you able to see those missing messages via webmail? (http://www.virginmedia.com/webmail/ ) Which antivirus are you running? Some of them cause problems with Windows Mail over time. Make sure your antivirus is not configured to scan emails.=20 --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Ma...

Receipt.xml -- token not found error
Hi All, I have RMS 1.3R1 installed on two computers I use for testing. Both are running XP/SP2 and SQL Server 2005 Standard. I was trying out printing receipts the other day and was working with the Receipts Formats windows (Database | Registers | Receipt Formats). When I tried to view the properties of the default "40 Column Receipt Format", I get a series of errors like: "XML Render: Compiler Error: Token 'transactionAbortedTransaction)' was not found.". The Receipt Properties with a graphic view of the receipt will eventually display, but I will alw...

Outlook Email Send/Receive Error "Unable to compete operation. A fatal error...
I recently attempted to load a web-base email service into my Outlook Emai Accounts list. Worked fine for about an hour, then I began getting the error noted in the subject line. Have done everything from deleting/adding all email accounts (not web-based) to removing/reloading Office XP. No changes. All else in Outlook works fine. HELP!! What was the webmail account? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. Aft...

data files and receiving email
For the past week I thought I couldn't receive email. It turns out I can, but not in the way I wanted to. I found this out merely by bumbling my way through drop down menus and troubleshooting lists (I didn't set my Outlook up, or otherwise I might understand what this all means), and here's what seems to be my issue: I have three separate 'Data Files' in my Outlook; one is for me, one is for the other user of my computer, and one is simply called 'Outlook.' I am guessing that this is because my friend who set it up thought that by naming places for email t...

Object reference syntax, where can I find it defined?
I am a died in the wool Java/C/C++ and some time Python programmer but I occasionally have to dabble in Access and VB. Every time I do this I get totally confused (and frustrated) by the syntax for object references in VB. Can anyone point me at a good "programmer's reference" type guide to the basic syntax of object references in Access/VB please. I'm currently trying to run a function (that I have written) from the AutoExec macro so the function gets run at startup. I'm messing around with:- Modules.Module1.startupCheck() Modules![Module1]!startupCheck() a...

Outlook send/receive #10
I am setting up Outlook 2003 on a windows XP laptop. When I try to send/receive emails, I get the following message. "The operation failed. An object could not be found." I found nothing in the knowledge base. Any Ideas? Thanks, Dave Try these unless you have already: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=324918 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;312354 -Rob >-----Original Message----- >I am setting up Outlook 2003 on a windows XP laptop. >When I try to send/receive emails, I get the following >message. > >"The ...

Outlook 2003 auto send/receive
When I start Outlook, it does NOT go out and get waiting e- mails. I have to manually click it to do the job. In Tools, Options, I've made sure that the box is checked to send/receive when Outloomis started...but it doesn't. Also, when I tried to get online help, the MS system would NOT accept my product ID, no matter how I tried. Any thoughts? There is no such setting in Outlook. You need to set an automatic Send/Receive interval. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "sam k" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1698001c41c99$f2e4ee40$a601280a@p...

can not send/receive emails error 0x800CCC0F
When I sign in to Windows Live Mail, this error box pops up. It won't receive or send any emails. Any help on this one is much appreciated as this is my business email and I am unable to my job if I can't be in contact with my clients... thanks!!! Unable to send or receive messages for the ********* (jenn) account. Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Server: 'pop.bizmail.yahoo.com' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: POP3 Port...

can't find product key number
Publisher was already installed on my laptop when i bought it quite a while ago i want to use it now, but don't have a CD or key number how do i get a key number to get it started? Contact your laptop supplier who should have supplied the case with your laptop, or contact your local MS Office. -- ...

Search Engine for finding text?
I have a project which requires me to be able to search across 500 - 1000 Visio documents looking for text within the document, (e.g., network device labels). Most search engines only return metadata (properties) information. Is anyone familiar with a utility than can do this type of search returning a hit list with links to the documents found? What operating system are you using? Win 2000 and XP can easily search for not only files but also text within the body of the file via Windows Explorer. Have you tried that? Randall Arnold "KM w1z" <w1z@swbell.net> wrote in mess...

Remove "Notify Sender" when receiving emails
Anyone know how to remove the annoying "Notify Sender" that pops up when emails are received from senders who turn this option on. I would like to have it permanentaly turned off in MS Outlook. Thank for your help. Pierre (remove X from email when responding) <pflava@Xsympatico.ca> wrote: > Anyone know how to remove the annoying "Notify Sender" that pops up > when emails are received from senders who turn this option on. I would > like to have it permanentaly turned off in MS Outlook. You don't state your Outlook version, but in Outlook 2003, click ...

Excel wait for Find Replace dialog box in Word
I have a macro in Excel which opens up a Word doc then updates data to the doc. I want to use find and replace to update some text. Rather than replace all, I am using the find replace dialog box, so the user can check each found text. The trouble is, the code keeps executing while the dialog box is open in word, and some of the subsequent steps crash when the dialog box is still open. I can't move this code to the end either. Is there a way to tell Excel to wait while the dialog box in Word is still open? See below for the stripped down version of my sub. Sub temp...

Outlook not receiving emails but Webmail is receiving them instead
How do I make emails go to Outlook and not Optus Webmail Setup your account in Outlook using your ISPs server settings available from their website. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, mozza asked: | How do I make emails go to Outlook and not Optus Webmail ...

Cannot find and delete an old named formula