where can i get templates for a "how-to" manual?

I have several users who are less conversant with Outlook than they would
like to be and I do't have time to create a "how-to" manual from scratch.

What they need to learn is how to archive their email and get it off my
servers and onto their local machines. We are literally running out of space
and some of the users have emails going back to 1998!
0
Telesco (1)

"Paul Telesco" <Paul Telesco@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:9CD40CCB-7606-49A5-9B36-0F83EEF1086F@microsoft.com...
>I have several users who are less conversant with Outlook than they would
> like to be and I do't have time to create a "how-to" manual from scratch.
>
> What they need to learn is how to archive their email and get it off my
> servers and onto their local machines. We are literally running out of
> space
> and some of the users have emails going back to 1998!

Hi Pual,

and "older" posting of me:

here is a list of websites with further informations:
http://www.kellogg.northwestern.edu/kis/docs/howto/software/email/archivebackup.htm
http://email.about.com/od/outlooktips/qt/et082505.htm

A PDF file of an education with pictures and a description:
http://www.law.fsu.edu/current_students/technology/pdf/archive.pdf#search=%22archive%20Outlook%22

How to compress a PST file after to archived your emails:
http://ask-leo.com/what_can_i_do_about_outlooks_huge_pst.html

John (another meber in the NG) wrote as answer:

[...]
All these websites offer solutions for managing the pst file.
I stopped keeping my e-mail in Outlook, it became to slow and I had a
double archive: one in Outlook and one on my file system
(d:\data\projects\..)

Now, all my e-mail is saved in folders on the file system.
On this very moment, my outlook.pst is only 25 MB!
[....]

So you can also create a shared folder in your file system for every user
and store all emails in the file system. You can move your emails with your
mouse into this folders on your harddisk.

I prefer the Microsoft archive solutions, because they will work atomaticly.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share Outlook without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

0
trash9558 (70)
9/4/2006 4:24:43 PM
http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?AssetID=RC010294911033

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Paul Telesco asked:

| I have several users who are less conversant with Outlook than they
| would like to be and I do't have time to create a "how-to" manual
| from scratch.
|
| What they need to learn is how to archive their email and get it off
| my servers and onto their local machines. We are literally running
| out of space and some of the users have emails going back to 1998!

0
MillyS (3228)

I have several users who are less conversant with Outlook than they would like to be and I do't have time to create a "how-to" manual from scratch. What they need to learn is how to archive their email and get it off my servers and onto their local machines. We are literally running out of space and some of the users have emails going back to 1998! "Paul Telesco" <Paul Telesco@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:9CD40CCB-7606-49A5-9B36-0F83EEF1086F@microsoft.com... >I have several users who are less conversant with Outlook than they wou...