Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?

I'm using Outlook 2003

So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book.
Her email is SW@......
Later her email changes to SAW@......
I make the change in my contacts.

But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO
field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why?

How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever?

(Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?)

Thanks
Gary

use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn

"jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I'm using Outlook 2003
>
> So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book.
> Her email is SW@......
> Later her email changes to SAW@......
> I make the change in my contacts.
>
> But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO
> field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why?
>
> How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever?
>
> (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?)
>
> Thanks
> Gary

0
DL
1/3/2007 12:53:05 AM

"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
> use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn

Well I'll be damned if that doesn't work.

I feel really stupid for not trying something that simple. Sometimes being
too technical gets in the way. Here I'm wondering what table or list it is
pulling the address from and trying to "find" it so that I can delete it.
When, all I had to do was press DELETE.

THANKS, DL

Can't Send Messages Until I Press F9 Key
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------030800050502050601040701 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii; format=flowed Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit After I compose a message and click Send, the message does go its way until I press F9 or choose Tools|Send/Receive. I'm using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. In case it matters, there's a toolbar for ZoneAlrm Outlook Addin with Junk filters (I use the Zone lite firewall freebie). Is there a setting in Outlook I need to set to automatically send messages? Should I disable the Zone addin? If so, how? Thanks. ---...

Backing Up Outlook Express Emails
Does anyone know how to back up email's in Outlook Express? Backup your dbx-files For more assistance ask in an Outlook Express forum. This is an Microsoft Office Outlook forum. Outlook Express is family of Internet Explorer and Outlook of the Office family. Here is the link for the right forum http://communities.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.asp?icp=InternetExplorer Good Luck! -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Backup and Restore -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "Cindy" <anonymous@discussion...

I have a data table that looks like this: Code ------------------- STR-S SNK-S STR-K STR-F SNK-S STR-3 STR-2 STR-F SNK-S SNK-4 SNK-S STR-3 SNK-F STR-4 STR-O ------------------- "STR", etc at the beginning are pitch types, SNK is Sinker for example The end character is the result of the pitch, a 4 would be a home run, 3 a triple, and so forth. O is out, F is foul, S is strike --- you ge it. How can I figure the amount of RBI's? I know that it's 5, but I can' think of any automated way to calculate this, anyone got any ideas? THANK YOU!! :confused -- AVER...

Cannot move emails between folders

Using category colors to automatically generate emails?
I am trying to set up my Outlook so that if I mark an email with a certain colored category (red, green, orange, etc) it automatically send out a specified email template. So if green='need additional info' and an email came in where I needed additional info, I would tag it green and a template would automatically send out. I played around with rules, but could not seem to find one that functioned this way. Thanks. You'd need to use VBA to do something like this, unless you use Outlook 2010, then quick steps can be used for it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

Can't edit print styles in Outlook 2007

can't open files

How insert a file into an email w/o it automatically attaching it
Hi, I am trying to insert a word document file from a folder to an email and it keeps attaching it to the email instead of inserting it inside of the email. Thanks for any assistance! "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5D04C381-637A-4C6D-937C-2451B7321977@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I am trying to insert a word document file from a folder to an email and > it > keeps attaching it to the email instead of inserting it inside of the > email. > > Thanks for any assistance! What version of Outlook? use copy and paste or...

I want to send to junk
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C8141A.629164A0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am a member of a club with several thousand members. I want to be able to automatically junk all incoming mail that does = *not* contain one of many key words. =20 When a member sends an email they will be required to insert their = chapter name in the subject line. Our spam filter does not eliminate = all junk mail. =20 ------=_NextPart_000_0016_01C8141A.629164A0 Content-Type: text/html; charset=...

Can you separate information by House?
I have two homes and want to track expenses for each home separately as well as roll up reports by category (utility, phone, etc.) for both. Is that possible? MT In microsoft.public.money, MT wrote: >I have two homes and want to track expenses for each home separately as well >as roll up reports by category (utility, phone, etc.) for both. Is that >possible? One way to do that is to use a classification. As Cal notes, Classification is tailor-made for this. Look it up in online help and then come back with questions. "MT" <MT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrot...

can't find project or library
encounter this error : can't find project or library when try to run a code which contains Calendar1.Value any help? Hi Lynn Read the info on this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm Excel 97-2007 It is possible you don't see it in the list, because it is installed with Access. So if you don't have that program installed you possible don't have the control. You can download the control if you don't have it (See link on the bottom of this page). -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "Lynn" <moley_cruz@yahoo.com.au> wrot...

I deleted my Public Folder under IIS By Mistake
I have deleted my Public Folder Virtual Folder in the IIS Manager by Mistake How can I re-create this so that users can use the Public Folders through OWA again Any help Cheers, You have a back up strategy every night right? If so copy it from the back up, if not, you need to have all of yoru databases log files. try this; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;313184 ...

How do I break URL address over two lines?
I am trying to enter website addresses into footnotes and Word automatically forces the footnote onto a separate line. I need to conform to certain aditing requirements and want the url to start right after the citation and continue on to however many lines are necessary, but not leave a gap because it starts the url on a separate line in the footnote. Help please. In the edit hyperlink dialog, put the URI in both the Address and Text-to- display boxes. That way you can use a space or linebreak to wrap the display text to the next line without affecting the hyperlink ability. Hyp...

Can I delete everything on MSN Money?
Hello, I seem to have lots of problems syncronizing my MSN Money information with the web. It seems to work fine for a few months, then, for no reason, I start to get syncronization errors. I have signed up for multiple passports, because when these problems start, it seems that I get tons of multiple accounts. For example, on my one MSN Money account I have 15+ old accounts that I can't delete. 1. How do I delete ALL of the information out on MSN Money for my passport account? 2. How do I keep the syncronization from breaking in the future? Any tips or advice would be g...

I can no longer convert my files to pdf

Anonymous LDAP Browsing in OL2K3 Address Book
Authenticated users are able to browse, list, and resolve email addresses to my LDAP directory server. Anonymous users are able to resolve email addresses to my LDAP directory server but are not able to browse or list the LDAP directory. Is their a permission I need to set for anonymous users to be able to browse and list the LDAP directory? Any help is greatly appreciated. You need to ask this in a group that supports your mail serve, not the client. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name ...

Send 1 address to 2 mailboxes
I want to create an address and have any mail sent to that address delivered to two separate users' mailboxes. How can I do that. I've tried simply adding the address in the two users' "Email Addresses" tab in the User's properties of ADU&C. But it wouldn't allow me to add the same address to the second user ("This email address already exists in this organization"). I've also tried creating a new user for the address and forwarding the email to the 2 other users (Exchange General tab - Delivery Options button - Forward To field). But ...

Can't get rules to run.
I can't get Outlook 2003 rules to run. I am getting my mail from a pop3 account and would like to have new mail sorted to specific folders when it arrives. I set up the rules as I did in previous versions of outlook, but they do not run automatically. I can run the rules manually and they will move the mail. I have this rule (for example Apply this rule after the message arrive from some@email.address and on this machine only move it to the somefolder folde I have tried deselecting on this machine only Thanks. Do you have an Exchange service in this profile? Are you using Cache...

Email to generate case
Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT support company, and as such we recieve support queries by email. I have set up CRM so that it puts inbound email in our support queue as email activities, is there any way to get CRM to automatically convert these email activities into new cases? Many thanks, Dan. c360 has an add-on that will do this (www.c360.com). -- Matt Wittemann http://icu-mscrm.blogspot.com "Dan Baird" wrote: > Hi, we've recently implemented CRM in out organization, we are a small IT > support company, and as suc...