Where can I delete an old/incorrect email address?

I'm using Outlook 2003

So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book.
Her email is SW@......
Later her email changes to SAW@......
I make the change in my contacts.

But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO
field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why?

How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever?

(Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?)

Thanks
Gary

use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn

"jabadoodle" <jabadoodle@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I'm using Outlook 2003
>
> So I have, say, Sandy in my contacts book.
> Her email is SW@......
> Later her email changes to SAW@......
> I make the change in my contacts.
>
> But when I'm creating a new email and I start to type "Sandy..." in the TO
> field, it still finds the old "SW@..." address. Why?
>
> How can I delete that old & incorrect address forever?
>
> (Without starting from scratch and loosing all my old email?)
>
> Thanks
> Gary

0
DL
1/3/2007 12:53:05 AM

"DL" <address@invalid> wrote in message
> use arrow keys to highlight 'bad' address then hit delete btn

Well I'll be damned if that doesn't work.

I feel really stupid for not trying something that simple. Sometimes being
too technical gets in the way. Here I'm wondering what table or list it is
pulling the address from and trying to "find" it so that I can delete it.
When, all I had to do was press DELETE.

THANKS, DL

Mails deleted when read
Hi This is a strange one if I hadn't seen it myself I wouldn't have believed it. When some messages are read the messages then disappears after closing. It is not a meeting it is just a normal mail messages there are no Rules or Alerts running. It's not even in the deleted items or the recovery of deleted items. If anyone knows of the answer to this that would be great Thanks Shona ...

Inserting email recipient into email message
I've tried looking only be be frustrated. So not to waste more time, direct me... I would like to insert either the receipients name/address into my email message. My example is this: "Dear {name/address}, " I know Word is used for mail merging, but is that the only way to compose an email with this same information rather than just using Outlook? I appreciate your help. Mail merges require Word. Always have. Always will. -- Russ Valentine "royalones" <mroyal@royalones.com> wrote in message news:D2CDF89E-D0AC-4297-8875-E33FA34058A4@micr...

from sbcglobal.net to outlook for receiving email
I don't know how to change from sbcglobal.net to Outlook. I want all my messages to go to outlook. What do I do? Please help me! Babysis Do you have the details from SBC Global about their POP3 (incoming) & SMTP (outgoing) servers? "Babysis" <Babysis@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EB7FCA1E-3012-488D-9328-E6EB7B5F8C76@microsoft.com... >I don't know how to change from sbcglobal.net to Outlook. I want all my > messages to go to outlook. What do I do? ...

RM Statement on Blank Paper
I am making some changes on the RM Statement on Blank Paper. Currently Statement Name, Address 1, Address 2, and Address 3 all print in uppercase. I created a calculated field City-State-Zip which prints in the appropriate upper/ lower cases. How can I adjust the Statement Name, Address 1, Address 2, and Address 3 to print in the appropriate cases? I tried to adjust the Format Definition but this had no effect. If it is not possble to make those fields print in the appropriate case, how can I make my calculated field print in uppercase? Thanks for your help. in report writer ther...

"unable to open your default email folder"
After a successful install (and reinstall) of Office XP, and attempt to open Outlook, I get the message "unable to open your default email folder Could not open the item. Try again" I click OK. Next message is "do you want open your default file system folder instead" I click OK and get a screen with the title bar of Microsoft Office and all the menues but with a window showing "my computer" and all the drives etc. Under Tools the Option button is grayed out so the suggestions I have read so far I am not able to access. I tried copying my Office 2002 pst file ...

Previous Balance Incorrect
I spend a god deal of time last weekend updating and balancing accounts (ok, so I was lazy for a few months). So my statement for January came in for my main checking account and to my surprise, it says the last time I balanced was July. When I decided to do it all again, it brought up the wrong starting balance. Thinking I could correct by putting the correct balances in, it let me re-balance the July statement, but the starting balance once more is incorrect for the next statement. I'm afraid to go any further. None of the other accounts is experiencing this issue. Has anyone ever...

Can't email new Public folders after moving from exch 2k to exch 2k3
All of the public folders created in exch 2k still work normally, any new public folder made in exch 2k3 won't let you email them regardless of the smtp address. I've made sure that all of the anonymous permissions are correct. It just sends a rejected by server error. Any ideas? R ...

Incorrect Version starts when I double-click document
Is there any way to stop Office 2004 from starting when I doubleclick a document when using OS 9? There are some programs that I need to use while booted in OS 9 (not classic) and this is becoming a problem when I need to open Office documents as well. Thanks for any advice you can give me. On 11/5/04 9:35 AM, in article e66928c.0411050935.4a8e0a8f@posting.google.com, "Janet Moe" <moexx012@umn.edu> wrote: > Is there any way to stop Office 2004 from starting when I doubleclick > a document when using OS 9? There are some programs that I need to > use while booted i...

Journal
I am using Outlook 2002/XP. I use journaling to keep log hours I have spent on different projects over the weeks. I work on different projects and every day I log entries in the journal (with an Entry Type of Task, Meeting or whatever; and I use the Company field for the Project name; and I key in the number of hours spent in the Duration field). What I would like is a sort of report or view where by given a start and end date the outlook would provide me with consolidated figures (for example, to get total number of hours spent on each project in a given month) Any ideas about...

email is not delivered to outlook data file
I have mutliple email POP3 accounts. I went in and created a new .pst data file and on account settings linked email1 with data file1 and email2 with data file2 for incoming messages to be delivered. However, all emails coming in still go to the original data file1 inbox....How do I get emails delivered for email2 to the data file2 inbox? It shows in the account settings to be correct Hi Billie, Outlook only has 1 default PST file which is your "Personal Folder" with your "Outlook Today". All incoming emails will be delivered into this "Inbox&quo...

How do I send emails showing my email address but hiding my name ?
I know it can be done cause I had it set up that way when I first opened my email account several years ago. A friend didn't believe it was me emailing him so I set it to show my name. Now it has been so long I forgot how to set it back. Can anyone help me with this please & thank you! Remove your name in the Mail Setup -- Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Baffled Chic-a-dee" <Baffled Chic-a-dee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:455AD3E0-8...

SHOW Customer ADDRESS in Customer FIND WINDOW?
Is there a way to show customer street address in the FIND customer lookup window. Our business is address based, and verifying we are not adding a address that already exists is important. Are there any add on's ? -- RMS 1.3, MSDE 3 Lanes, 5 Back Office Clients XP sp2 Server 2003 sp1 Domain Static IP Hi, We have an add on which displays all fields for customer and also allows you to search on these fields. If you register on www.rmsstore.com, you will be able to download the add on, Thanks "DDowningMO" wrote: > Is there a way to show customer street address ...

email address format
I ran into a problem that I cannot find documentation for. I created a distribution list in the format !name@domain.com I realized that Exchange 2003 would not accept internet email to that address when the exclamation mark is the first character in the email address. Can someone confirm that is the case or some weird bug? Thanks. ...

can't send message to other process
Hello! I'm developing a dialog-based mfc app for Windows Mobile 5, but my question should be the same for a "normal" mfc app. In Windows Mobile only one instance of an aplication is allowed. This is done in the AfxWinMain function. When a same app is found running I want to send a custom message to it. This is the important code in my new "winmain.cpp" in this function: ::EnumWindows(_AfxFindModuleInfoProc, (LPARAM)&moduleInfo); if (moduleInfo.hwnd) { HWND hWnd = (HWND)(((DWORD)moduleInfo.hwnd) | 0x00000001);//(HWND)moduleInfo.hwnd; ::SetForegroundWindow(hW...

Can Not Clear Temporary Files
We are having a problem opening an email attachment that is sent daily using the same name. When opening the attachment the user receives the following error: "Can't create file: %filename% Right-click the folder you want to create the file in, and then click properties on the shortcut menu to check your permissions for the folder." I know the default location for opening up an email attachment in Outlook 2002 is "C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKxxx". After checking this folder I verified the attachment was being stored ...

How can users select recipients by AD attributes?
Hello, We have populated many of the standard fields in Outlook and even added some custom fields of our own. How can our users select recipients using those fields, e.g., select all users by dept, without administrator intervention? We're using Outlook XP and Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks, - Alan. When you open the Address Book, there will be an Advanced Find link and menu option as well. Not sure if this was the case with your versions of Outlook already but it definitely is the case with Outlook 2007. If your users often make the same queries, your ma...

email shows up in deleted folder instead of inbox
I first could not see any items in the Deleted items folder, and I still cant. Now I cant see any incoming email and it shows up in the deleted folder instead of inbox. Boy have I messed it up. Check Outlook rule "Judy" <Judy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08A30A36-8B9D-40A2-935B-B8F6932631A1@microsoft.com... >I first could not see any items in the Deleted items folder, and I still > cant. Now I cant see any incoming email and it shows up in the deleted > folder > instead of inbox. > Boy have I messed it up. Judy, you wrote on Thu, 18...

Can I use my Picture It from ME on my XP
I would like to use Picture It from my ME software Package. Can I use it with you XP? Hi Linda F (Linda F@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I would like to use Picture It from my ME software Package. Can I || use it with you XP? Picture It! can be installed on Windows ME as well as Windows XP. Both operating systems are supported. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Linda F wrote: >I would like to use Picture It fro...

Question about contact list(s) and address book(s)
Outlook 2002 Windows XP I am having some problems with getting my contacts to sort the way I want them to. When I say "contacts" I am referring to the window that opens should one click on the "To..." button when composing an email. I profess that I find many of Outlooks features confusing, so I don't know if Contacts and Address Book are different things or are the same thing. In any event, I have quite a large contacts list for email purposes. Many of them are fellow employees where I work, but most aren't. What I would like to do is have all of the people ...

How can retrieve a thread's state
All, I can't find something to get the state(suspended, running..) of a thread, Any suggestions ? Thanks. "JiangHan" <JiangHan@kdt.com.cn> wrote in message news:OoR9$cszDHA.1100@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > All, > > I can't find something to get the state(suspended, running..) of a thread, > Any suggestions ? In "normal" circumstances, the probability of a thread being in the running state when observed from another thread would be very low (clearly zero on a uni-processor system). Obviously cases like threads doing stuff like the SETI applic...

How can I reference the last data item in a column or row?
I want to display or use the last (most recent) data in either a column or row withour specifically accessing the individual cell. Is there a funcion similar to Min() or Max() that can help me or perhaps another way to solve this question? Thanks See: http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html Hope this helps Rowan snappy wrote: > I want to display or use the last (most recent) data in either a column > > or row withour specifically accessing the individual cell. Is there a > funcion similar to Min() or Max() that can help me or perhaps another > way to solve th...

Outlook 2003
Hello all, I would really appreciate some help on this. I run Norton AntiVirus and it has this really aggravating behavior .. all virus infected attachments are deleted, but the emails they rode in on end up in my inbox. There is no NAV option to not only delete a virus infected attachment but also its email. Since all of the virus infected email I get is spam, I end up with lots of extra junk in my inbox. The Outlook 2003 junk filtering does a pretty good job on everything else. So .. I want to create a rule to move all emails with a file attachment called "Norton AntiVirus Deleted1...

How can I add the "open with" as a choice to Outlook menus?
A co-worker with a mac sends me a .txt file attachment. If I 'preview' the file in Outlook, all the formatting is fine. However, if I open the attachment (default is to open a .txt file with notepad), the formatting is lost. I know I can either: 1) save the file to disk, and then from Windows explorer, do an "open with" to open it with Wordpad. 2) Change the file type associatein for .txt files so they will always open with wordpad. I don't like either of these choices. Option 1 adds extra steps (I may not want to save the file at all!). Option...

can't delete wmv file in media player 11
i have got a wmv file that i can not delete. i go to tools, privacy, clear history and cache and it appears to be gone, but when i close out wmp and open it again it is back. can anyone help me? thanks -- wayne Do you mean a WMV file in your library? What exactly happens when you select the file and press delete? Regards -- Tim De Baets http://www.bm-productions.tk wayne wrote: > i have got a wmv file that i can not delete. i go to tools, privacy, clear > history and cache and it appears to be gone, but when i close out wmp and > open it again it is back...

can't load office 2004 student/teacher on macbook pro
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Never had a problem loading office 2004 on my powerbook g4. Upgraded to macbook pro intel mac with leopard. Install CD spins around forever. Eventually the office icon shows up on the desktop. I drag it to the hard drive and it starts to load and then quits. Then I get an error message. There is definitely a problem. I know the CD is Okay and this is a brand new computer that loads other software just fine. I never had any other versions of office installed on this computer. I also tried to install it under a fresh accou...