Whenever I try to route a document from Word

I get this message:  "A program is trying to access email
addresses you have stored in Outlook.  Do you wish to
allow this?" and then it goes on about if you don't
expect this, it may be a virus and to select No.

Is this some type of setting I can shut off or is this
normal?  I'm only sending the doc internally around the
office, why is the security so paranoid?  Can I turn this
off somehow?

Thanks
0
anonymous (74722)

viv <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I get this message:  "A program is trying to access email
> addresses you have stored in Outlook.  Do you wish to
> allow this?" and then it goes on about if you don't
> expect this, it may be a virus and to select No.
>
> Is this some type of setting I can shut off or is this
> normal?  I'm only sending the doc internally around the
> office, why is the security so paranoid?  Can I turn this
> off somehow?

http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2002sp3.htm#problems
0
Tillmabg (988)

SOP Document Lookup Error
Whenever we try using the document number lookup on the Sales Transaction Entry screen in GP8, we get the following message once we click the magnifying glass: Unhandled script exception: Index 0 of array 'Type Name' is out of range in script 'Document_Scroll SCROLL_FILL'. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_SCRIPT_OUT_OF_RANGE SCRIPT_CMD_INDEX Does anyone have any ideas on how to clear this up? This pops up as soon as you click on the magnifying glass, then once you click ok, it pops up 2 more times. Do a query against table SOP10100 and look for any values in the SOP...

error 80070103 after trying to install my saitek cyborg x joystick
i have tried installing my saitek cyborg x joystick several different ways - install cd, "plug and play" while getting the drivers from microsoft and the saitek websites and have had no luck. still getting the "error 80070103" message. help? Tip: Do not install any driver updates offered by Windows Update. Get them from the manufacturer's website instead. http://www.saitek.com/uk/down/drivers.php "gabriel_blues" wrote: > i have tried installing my saitek cyborg x joystick several different ways - > install cd, "plug and play" ...

'Some' Word files suddently corrupted
Just today, when I attempted to open some older MS Word (2003) files (in MS Word 2003), a dialog box appeared requesting the type of encoding required. The text appeared all jumbled and included numerous meaningless characters, rather than the original English text. I had recently installed OpenOffice 3.1 in an attempt to open some older OpenOffice documents. I uninstalled OpenOffice but the problem remains? What has happened and is there a reasonable 'cure?' Do the file icons appear to be different than what they were before? It may be that the file association has been...

Media players opens and keeps trying to refresh about 5 times a mi
I have done numerous spyware chaecks all showing nothing detected I have eliminated any options in the media player that would have it trying to check for updates or web items. Completely at a loss and extremely unhappy the microsoft site does not have an answer. Acer Exyenza Laptop with Win XP , Office 07 and player 11 any help guys? in the time in took to type this meassage the player popped up three times Try disabling (unchecking) all active WMP plug-ins in WMP's Options. If you download and run Process Explorer - http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb8...

create xml document based from schema
I have the following schema. I need to know how to make an xml document based from it. The main worry I have is the DateTime field. <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?> <xs:schema attributeFormDefault="unqualified" elementFormDefault="qualified" xmlns:xs="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema"> <xs:element name="NewsArticle"> <xs:complexType> <xs:sequence> <xs:element name="Description" type="xs:string" /> <xs:element name="Body" type="xs:string" />...

Problem opening up current Excel wksht to mail merge in Word
Hi, I have Microsoft 2007. I created a list in Excel with clients' name, address, city, state, zip. Then, in Word I go to Select Recipients, locate the Excel file and click open. Here's the problem: a Select Table box appears with Sheet1$, Sheet2$, and Sheet3$ as options. clicking on any of the three results in NOTHING. Nothing at all appears! I'm not sure what the problem might be. Thank you for the help! Rachelle ...

deleted document
I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. Contact your IT staff and ask them to restore it from the last backup. But try to find out what share it was on (and folder and filename). It might mean a quicker response. dcalhoun wrote: > > I have deleted an important document and need to retrieve it. The document > deleted was on our server and I don't know how to find it and restore it. -- Dave Peterson Hope your network administrator does regular backups (like da...

trying to split a stock 1:4
When I were trying to split a stock using Money2000, Money2000 ended up telling me: "The stock split can not be completed due to a lack of disk space." But I still have 18G left on my hard disk. In microsoft.public.money, Wei wrote: >When I were trying to split a stock using Money2000, >Money2000 ended up telling me: "The stock split can not >be completed due to a lack of disk space." But I still >have 18G left on my hard disk. I would try booting into Safe Mode and see if you can do the split. I don't expect it to solve the problem, but it is ea...

Technical Documentation #2
All, We're getting ready to install Great Plains and I will like to better understand the backend(database) processing of Great plains. I would like to know what each table is and when is it used in the process. Is there any technical documentation that describe the tables and the process. Any help or suggestion would be appreciated. Jamal Hello Jamal, you may want to refer to the Software Development Kit. If you have access to customersource, you can get it from there. i'll try to look up some more for you. /timber\ On Nov 1, 10:17 pm, "Jamal" <j...@newsgrou...

Program trying to access Contacts
I did a clean install of WinXP and OfficeXP. I use Incredimail for Outlook and Spam Daemon for Outlook and have never had a problem with them. I also did an Office Update this morning. Now whenever I click "new" message, I got a window that says "a program is trying to access the contacts folder" and suggests it may be a virus and gives me an option to permit access but only for 1 to 5 minutes, as a select. What is causing this problem and how do I get rid of it? [I have Norton AV and Zonealarm installed, and they have never caused this problem.] Arthur Broadh...

error 0x8004210 occurs when I try to send email from outlook Vista
When I send emails addressed to any number of recipients from my att.net email account, I receive: Task 'email@ATT.net - Sending' reported error (0x80042109) : 'Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-mail server. If you continue to receive this message, contact your server administrator or Internet service provider (ISP).' I get the same message intermittently when I try to send emails to multiple recipients from my gmail accounts (I can send to individuals). "BMcD" <BMcD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D1DFD17C-6...

Requisition Management
I am suggesting that the Requisition Management documentation be more complete - specifically in the area of covering the migration from eReq to RM. I've seen pretty good examples of migration documentation and "What's New" information with Great Plains 8.0 and with Grant Management. I am suggesting that there be more consistency with this level of documentation across all modules and products. The Requisition Management documentation could especially use some improvements in this area. For example, please include answers to the following questions in the RM Doc: What...

Try on critical pack from the M$
--jzimiylyqqqsoyv Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="dhziknmbrpdcad"; type="multipart/alternative" --dhziknmbrpdcad Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="kicivcidlndhzwtmm" --kicivcidlndhzwtmm Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Partner this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to continue keeping your computer secure from th...

New Exchange Routing Group in child domain / site
I have just finished installing a child domain (leaf node) and installing a exchange server for that new domain. First problem I had was that when my email was coming in via the main domain it was sending some of the public folder emails over to the sub domain (witch I had not configured for public folders) So I placed each domain in its own routing group, created a routing connect (both ways) pointing at each other as well as SMTP Connectors with * and cost of 1 (all default settings in each location / routing group. These server will be split via a T1 and both will receive email (ma...

Great Plains 8.0 Evaluation CD
I have downloaded the CD using my MSDN subscription to evaluavate the product. But I am not able to read any documentation (neither PDF nor .CHM) files. Its giving me errors. I tried using both Acrobat 6.0 and 5.0 . Acrobat says files may be corrupted and when I tried opening .CHM files its says cannot open the file mk:@MSITstore: <file path> Any idea ? Please advise. Sakeer ...

Excel Charts in Word
I have a word report I need to do every month. The data and charts are in excel and the data changes monthly. How do I get the excel charts linked into a word document so that when I enter the new data in the excel spreadsheet that is automaitically updated in the report in the word docuemnt? Thanks Copy the Excel chart. In Word, use Edit menu > Paste Special, and select the Paste Link option. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "Marc" <Marc@discussions.microso...

Problem linking excel charts in word
I have linked an excel chart into a word document by pasting special as a link. It looks fine when I paste it. I close the application and when I open it again the chart is cut off on the left, and sometimes at the top. It's as if the chart itself is off the edge of the frame it is sitting in. The chart in excel is perfectly OK. I can edit the excel chart, and edits are updated in the word document when links are updated, but it doesn't change the position of teh chart, so it's still cutting off part of the chart. The chart is on it's own sheet rather than being i...

Two users on a network editing documents simultaneously in word 20
My office just upgraded from Word 2003 to Word 2007. We are on a network and share access to Word files. In Word 2003, if one user tried to open a file in which another user was working, a message would appear stating that the file was "locked for editing by (user)." It seems that with Word 2007, any user can open a file (and edit it) while another user is doing so as well. We do not want this to be the case, and just want the settings to be as they were with Word 2003 (i.e. if a document is in use, another user cannot access it simultaneously). Ideally, we'd lik...

Error: "The Payment Document Management Setup is missing or damaged".
Hi, When I click Payment Document Setup or Payment Document User Preference in the Purchasing and the sales module then get the eror: "The Payment Document Management Setup is missing or damaged". Thanks. From your other thread Sadique - You are looking at Payment Document Setup and Payment Document User Preference under Purchasing Setup, correct? There is another Payment Document Setup under Setup>Company in the Administration Setup window in V10 or Tools>Setup>Company>Payment Document Setup in V9. This is the Payment Document Setup I was referring to. Give that a...

Extracting a word from a long text field
I have a text field (up to 200 characters) and I need to extract a specific word. The text field name is "MEDICATIONS" and the word I need to extract which might appear anywhere in the field is 'VENOFER'. The word need to be entered in a separate field in a query. Could any one help as to how to enter the code in the query? Thanking you Leo In the criteria I entered Like "VENOFER" Or "Venofer" It seems to work. Will it cause any problems down the line? In other wrods is this an acceptable procedure? "Leo" wrote: >...

How do I hyperlink directly to a section within a Word Document?
I have the need to provide html hyperlinks on our SharePoint portal that will open a Word document and go directly to specific section. I've tried creating anchored links to bookmarks within Word (docx format) but only get as far as having the document open (with a uri like http://portal/requirements.docx#anchor) but it doesn't navigate to the bookmark. Since some of these documents can be quite large, jumping directly to the use case is important. Has anyone else successfully done something like this? Any help is appreciated, Don ...

Editing Password protected form fields in Word 2007
We have created a Word document with a legacy text form field. We inserted a word date field and protected the document allowing Filling in Forms. After protecting the document when we try going to the form field and clicking on back space to delete the entry we get "This is not a valid selection" message box. We have existing word documents in 2003 with similar form fields. We were able to delete the entries and add new data. After converting the documents to 2007 or create new documents in 2007 and try to delete the entries we get the above error. Hi Veera, ...

Re: is MS Publisher compatible with Word?
<<Can you use Word to edit Publisher files?>> No. Mac Townsend Adcom Graphics, Fairfield, C A www.adcomgraphics.com Powered by the E-mail PIM - Info Select - www.miclog.com ...

In Word 2007, I want to enable tabbing between fields in my .docm
In Developer Mode, how can I set the properties of my fields to support tabbing from one field to another in my Word form? What kind of "fields" did you insert? If they're form fields from the Legacy Controls button, you have to turn off Design Mode and then protect the document for forms. Either click the Protect Document button and go through the Restrict Formatting pain/pane, or add the Lock command to your Quick Access Toolbar. If they're content controls (the other buttons in the Controls group), tabbing between controls other than a Rich Text control w...

Problem With Word Finding Outlook Contact Lists For Email Merge
I am having a problem getting word (Small Business 2003) to find the current contact database lists in my Outlook . For some reason or another when I am asked by the merge wizard to select a contact list from the contact list folder I am presented with old or deleted lists. I have done this operation many times before so I am baffled why this should just happen. If anyone is interested please email me at tonyisburntout@yahoo.com and I will be more than happy to send of a word document with the relevent screen shots. Any and all help would be appreciated. Best to start mail merges from inside...