When new items Arrive dsiabled - HELP!! Cannot turn off Play a sound

I really hope someone can help me.

I have outlook 2000 (9.0.0.6627) on a Windows 2000 Pro (SP4) in AD with Exch
2000. At the moment I am being flooded with new items which is getting
annoying but even more annoying is that I can not turn of the Play a sound
feature.

Checked the policies and can not see anything that should be disbling the
"When new items arrive" section in Advanced E-mail options, but it is
disbled :(

Have tried removing the wave files and changing the settings under Control
Panel -> sounds but this results in just a beep being used instead.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Jaan

0
jaank (1)

Jaan Klouman <jaank@e-hackd.net> wrote:

> Have tried removing the wave files and changing the settings under
> Control Panel -> sounds but this results in just a beep being used
> instead.
>
> Any ideas?

You could always unplug the external speakers and open your PC and cut the
wires to the internal speaker ;-)
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

items already on placed PO
Why, does this system not combine the TOTAL for all items on order (in transist) and in inventory, and use this TOTAL AS NOT TO BE included when I want to create another PO from the same vendor? I am having to auto generate and go back to see what I need to delete that is already in transit on previuos PO. Proink Proink, Seems to work on this end. Maybe you don't have enough on-order + ((on-hand - committed) - transfers)) < re-order point to satisfy the re-order level. -- * Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security You must be using Outlook Express or some other type of new...

HELP!!! Can't Apply Payment for Posted Invoice while Unposted in C
One user was entering in a transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry Window. She had not saved or put the transaction in a batch. The power went out, and she started up the computer when the power come back. She could not see the transaction in the Sales Transaction Entry for that Customer. She could see the transaction in the Collection Main window for that Customer but in the Unposted Sales. I tried to view the transaction from the SmartList but it is says it has been posted. So the user goes ahead and post thru the GL from the Series Post window. She still can not view t...

First post, need help guys!
Hi to all, I pasted together the below attachment. Can anyone help me with it. I need to know how to start a second grap 55% of the way up the original graphs axis. http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a121/Moxy1980/graph.jpg PS. I cant get the pic bigger but can mail if you leave a reply on th thread. Thanks again -- Moxy198 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Moxy1980's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2807 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47583 Moxy The second set of dat...

outlook blocked access to potentially unsafe item, archive .pst
Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. "Egro" <Egro@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8BC04C1-B005-43CF-ABA5-9C171EA74B9F@microsoft.com... > Tried to open archive in outlook 2003 said file was enormous. As far as I can tell, there is no error message in Outlook 2003 that states a file "is enormous". You should zip a PST before sending or rename it to, say, ".psx" or ".ps_" before you send it. The recipient can undo the steps you took to send it. -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] ...

Remove sent and deleted items on all MB
Can I remove all sent items and deleted items in all mailboxes. Is the a utility or somewhere in Exchange to do this. I am running Exchange 2000 on Windows 2000. I don't want to manually open all mailboxes and do it. Thanks http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;EN-US;Q278024&ID=KB;EN-US;Q278024 On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 18:48:04 -0800, "Ken Pollard" <kpollard@mvusd.org> wrote: >Can I remove all sent items and deleted items in all mailboxes. Is the a >utility or somewhere in Exchange to do this. I am running Exchange 2000 on >Windows 2000. I don't...

Division help? #2
In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know a.s.a.p. I can't deduce the logic you are applying here. Can you post some more examples of what you want to input and how you would like the output to appear? Pete If you put 16 in A1, you can put this in B1: =int(a1/3) you can put this in C1: =b1 you can put this in D1: =a1-b1-c1 clayblay wrote: > > In MS Excel I would like to show a quotient in three separate columns such as > 16/3 = 5 + 5 + 6. Can this be done? Please let me know ...

Testing new account
Hi Tod/MS tech support. This is a test to see if my account has been changed to managed group. Thanks ------=_NextPart_0001_13BD40A1 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good afternoon Kay, Your post is still not showing up. Did you change anything? If so it could take 48 hours to take affect. Also, if you don't mind could you post your company name, or the first part of your company name, so I can take a look to see if I see anything that may be causing the problem. If you don't want to post it here please contact Technical Support to open a support ...

Stack Charts? ? ? Please help
I am trying to produce a stack chart with a difference ! I Have got a list of depots which i want to analyse and four columns containing data (bit like below). Basically i want two stack "bars" for each depot. Depot, Days Outstanding, Turnaround Time, Ttl Tickets Opened, Cust - Planner 1-231 3 1 3 1 1-922 2 1 2 1 I want days outstanding and turnaround time in one stack and then the second stack will be the remaining two columns side by side. Is this possible ? ? ? Or should i add this to the list of questions for Bill? -- twiggy ---------------...

Item reorder number
The "item reorder number" is not a field included in the build of a new item. Therefore, there is no item reorder number on a PO for the item. It is especially painful when one deals with matrix items. Is it possible to include the field "item reorder number" in the new item wizard on the next upgrade? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open th...

when inserting a chart excel is saying i cannot add any new fonts
When I attempt to insert a chart i am getting a message which says,"no new fonts may be added to this workbook". I am adding it to a billing process and I did the first 100 or so before it began this doing this, I am not adding any new fonts but I am getting this message, any suggestions on what is the cause so I can overcome it? I've described the problem and fix here: Error: "No more new fonts may be applied in this workbook" http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/FixFonts.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://peltier...

Dynamic Chart :S please help me !!!
Damn , I'm getting so confused with this so please help!! This is what I want to do. I've got one databasetab with this column : week1 week2 week3 week4 object1 3 4 5 45 object2 43 34 43 43 object3 88 554 object4 and so on. Now ik want on another Sheet a box where I can fill in the wee number and than a chart wil show only the numbers of that week as: WEEK # 1000 500 0 -----------------------------------------------------------------...

Money 2004 installed on a new machine
I just got a new PC and am tryint to get my copy of Money 2004 up and running. On my old PC I had installed the trial version of Money Deluxe and then upgraded to a full version. So, I have the exe to install the trial version and I have an activation code. I have installed the trial version on my new PC and when I try to open my money file from my previous computer, it says "The system date in your computer must be 2003 or 2004 in order to run this trial version of Microsoft Money 2004". So, I change the date to 12/29/2004 to see if I could at least get in a enter my acti...

Thank you for some wonderfull help
Hi all Just a word of much appreciation to 2 wonderfull guys (Oliver Moazzezi and Mark Arnold) for helping me to implement RPC over HTTP.Specially Oliver who really replied everytime i posted. You are stars and made my lifE alot easier. now i can help some other administrators also who i know is struggling to implement this wonderfull feature of exchange. thanks once again guys. The only "sort of " error i still get is that "Outlook is trying to retrieve data from your exchange server" but i assume its because i'm working from a "not so fast wireless conne...

Need Help... 03-07-10
I have two tables TblEmp and TblEmpService with a common field EmpID. TblEmp has the fields: EmpID, EmpName and Site. A form is attached to this table to enter new or edit existing employee. TblEmpService fields are : EmpID, EmpName, ServiceType,Site..etc I made a form based on TblEmpService in which all the fields is there from tblEmpService. What I want is that if I put Employee ID in the EmpID text Box the Employee Name should come in the EmpName text Box from the TblEmp. Also this Emplyee ID should store in the TblEmpService. Thanks & Regards, hi Nad, On 07.03.201...

Exchange disaster recovery help
I was wondering I have a client thats wants to have a disaster recovery site where if site A goes down site B will be able to handle his mail needs. My real question is can exchange some how replicate the data store to a 2nd site so that site B will have all of the same data in case of a disaster? I know I can do clustering but that would be in the same physical location not in seperate location if I am not mistaken. Any ideas would be great you can also do stretch clustering, which is geographically spanned cluster nodes in different locations...but it is quite expensive and the replica...

Outlook 2007 help problem

Strange problem ... items in Inbox disappearing ...
Hi, I have a NT4 domain with Exchange 5.5 Recently I found out emails in my users' inboxes are disappearing. I have been carrying out some testing myself today. 1) 25/09 9:00am : send some external email to my mailbox, eg. hotmail, gmail ... etc 2) Got all of the external testing emails in my inbox 3) 25/09 10:30pm : got around 20 emails in my inbox (some read, some unread) 4) 26/09 00:10am : all emails disappear and my inbox become empty 5) go into Tools -> Deleted items recovery and I found all of the missing emails with a deleted timestamp at 25/09 11:54pm I am sure I didn...

help 02-09-06
Who wants to help me with the subnetworking Ex: IP : 14.0.0.0. Used Subnets 10 Nr Hosts = ? Mask ? The 3-th Subnet ? The defaul brodcast ? Sorry, you'll need to find a more appropriate newsgroup in which to ask this question, one that deals with networking. This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no private e-mails, please) "Cuparencu Virgil" <Cuparencuv2003@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:%237HgORLLGHA.2768@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... &...

open older msn files with new Money 2003
I just received my new computer with MS Money 2003 loaded. I've been using Money for Windows 95. When I tried to open my files with the new version it got corrupted after the conversion. AND it also corrupted the original version! What to do? Is my past year's work down the tubes??? H E L P moneyless in Chicago! What do you mean that it also corrupted the original version? You will not be able to open the 'converted' file in the original version. But Money always saves a copy of the file prior the conversion and changes the extention to .mn* where '*' is the...

Pivot Table
I'm creating a pivot table and only want to show items with data. When I leave the "show items with no data" unchecked, it still shows all data. The help pages indicate that some types of source data does support this option. Which types would they be? That option isn't available if the source is an OLAP cube. HJM wrote: > I'm creating a pivot table and only want to show items with data. When I > leave the "show items with no data" unchecked, it still shows all data. The > help pages indicate that some types of source data does support this ...

Macro Help!
I am creating a combo box in which a user will be able to select a month, and based upon that selection I need a macro that will open a specific file. For example, if the user selects June, then I need the macro to open the June report, if the user selects July, I need the macro to open the July report, etc. Jeff, Workbook.Open Filename = myPath & "\" & Combobox1.Value & ".xls" Just put in your file path. -- HTH Bob Phillips "Jeff" <hurlbut777@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:284601c3794c$e4ac0520$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I am cr...

Creating new series requires div cell val by itself . How to do t.
I am trying to rebase a time series which requires dividing the first value in each series by itself. I keep getting circular error messages regardless of how I format the calculation. Is ther a way around this issue? Texas When you divide a number(and time is a number) by itself you will get 1. Is that what you want? You could use a couple of helper columns. Assume data in column A. In B1 enter =A1. In C1 enter =A1/B1. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 12:35:08 -0800, "Texastom" <Texastom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am trying to rebase a time ...

Help, NDIS BSOD
We have an NDIS IM developed based on Passthru sample. It works fine on x86 platform for years. Recently, we port it to x64 server and got BSOD every 20 hours of loading. It won't happen at sunday when nobody connect to that server. The crash code are DRIVER_CORRUPTED_MMPOOL (d0), DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL (c5) or BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2). Sometimes, it crashed at allocating memory in our driver. Sometimes, it crashed at deallocating memory in our driver. Most of the time, it crashed out of our code. Any hints how to debug? Segments of dump are as followings: Windows...

Opening file from an item loses Word document properties
Hello, I have just discovered that when you double-click a Word file attached to an appointment item (although I imagine it will be the same for other items too), Outlook does not open the actual file, but takes a copy and puts it in the temp folder and opens that. This is a pain as it mucks up some of the automation coding I have done, but what's worse is that the copy doesn't seem to have the custom properties I have set. Is there any way of forcing Outlook to open the original, instead of a copy? Failing that, any ideas why the custom document property would have been lost...

How would I hire someone to help w Outlook issues remotely?
I have a lot of little bugs with Outlook 2007 and Windows XP and do not seem to be able to find help. I have asked questions multiple times on this forum with no help. Is there a way an individual can hire another individual to come on my computer remotely and help with my little issues? ...or should I just call someone like geek squad to send someone over? please copy my email as I never seem to find responses on this forum and when I login it says I have no responses. (I have also checked notify of replies) Kevin grold@aol.com Your questions in this group, in Januar...