When launching Outlook I recieve the following error... please he

When launching Outlook 2003 I recieve the following error:

The add-in "C:\PROGRAM~1\SPAMBL~1\Bin\461~1.0\SBOLExt.dll" could not be
installed or loaded.  This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair
on the Help menu.

I ran the Detect and Repair and that didn't work.  I ran the repair option
from Add and Remove Program in Control Panel and that didn't work.  I also
un-installed and then re-installed Outlook 2003 and that didn't work.  I'm
running Windows 2000.

Any ideals...?

0
EZ1 (2)

Did you have something possibly called SpamBlocker installed at some point?
Looks like Outlook is trying to load it

"EZ" <EZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When launching Outlook 2003 I recieve the following error:
>
> The add-in "C:\PROGRAM~1\SPAMBL~1\Bin\461~1.0\SBOLExt.dll" could not be
> installed or loaded.  This problem may be resolved by using Detect and
> Repair
> on the Help menu.
>
> I ran the Detect and Repair and that didn't work.  I ran the repair option
> from Add and Remove Program in Control Panel and that didn't work.  I also
> un-installed and then re-installed Outlook 2003 and that didn't work.  I'm
> running Windows 2000.
>
> Any ideals...?

0
vince8328 (2733)
3/22/2007 11:09:35 AM
EZ <EZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When launching Outlook 2003 I recieve the following error:
>
> The add-in "C:\PROGRAM~1\SPAMBL~1\Bin\461~1.0\SBOLExt.dll" could not
> be installed or loaded.  This problem may be resolved by using Detect
> and Repair on the Help menu.

WIth Outlook closed, try removing the file %UserProfile%\Local
Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat, then start Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
3/22/2007 11:45:55 AM
Thanks Brian...  it works!!!

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> EZ <EZ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > When launching Outlook 2003 I recieve the following error:
> >
> > The add-in "C:\PROGRAM~1\SPAMBL~1\Bin\461~1.0\SBOLExt.dll" could not
> > be installed or loaded.  This problem may be resolved by using Detect
> > and Repair on the Help menu.
>
> WIth Outlook closed, try removing the file %UserProfile%\Local
> Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\extend.dat, then start Outlook.
> --
> Brian Tillman

0
EZ1 (2)
3/22/2007 3:13:05 PM
EZ, you  wrote on Wed, 21 Mar 2007 23:50:20 -0700:

> The add-in "C:\PROGRAM~1\SPAMBL~1\Bin\461~1.0\SBOLExt.dll" could not be
> installed or loaded.  This problem may be resolved by using Detect and Repair
> on the Help menu.

If Brian's suggestion deleting the extend.dat does not resolve your
problem, see if in following registry keys an entry for the file exists.
If so delete it.

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Exchange\Client\Extensions

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller
EZ, you  wrote on Thu, 22 Mar 2007 08:13:05 -0700:

> Thanks Brian...  it works!!!

Fine! In this case forget my other posting ;-)

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

the error came back