When doing a mail/merge from word it shows my outlook contact folder as empty. Why?

I'm using Office 2003 on XP Home. I was in word and said I wanted to
do a mail/merge on a particular outlook contact folder. The folder
shows up on the selection list of folders but when I click on it it
shows no contacts in the list. This feature works fine with other
outlook contact folders but just not with this one. Any
help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Don
0
don7027 (2)

Most likely the Folder that appears in that list is an outdated reference
and not the one that points to your current Contacts Folder. Remove it. Make
sure the Folder you want to appear is enabled as an email address book in
its properties and has been added to your Outlook Address Book Service.
Read the instructions:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"Don" <don@comcast.net> wrote in message
> I'm using Office 2003 on XP Home. I was in word and said I wanted to
> do a mail/merge on a particular outlook contact folder. The folder
> shows up on the selection list of folders but when I click on it it
> shows no contacts in the list. This feature works fine with other
> outlook contact folders but just not with this one. Any
> help/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Don

0
russval1 (2100)
9/27/2005 8:50:48 PM
That fixed it. You're sort of on a hero status now. Thank you so much.

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 15:50:48 -0500, "Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]"
<russval@gmail.com> wrote:

>Most likely the Folder that appears in that list is an outdated reference
>and not the one that points to your current Contacts Folder. Remove it. Make
>sure the Folder you want to appear is enabled as an email address book in
>its properties and has been added to your Outlook Address Book Service.
>Read the instructions:
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;287563&Product=ol2002

0
don7027 (2)

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Unable to delete empty database

NDRs forwarding to external contact

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

Contacts in Exchange #2

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

"View Image Slide Show"

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

contact list #13