when click send/receive mail

when I click send/receive mail button, I get message "you don't have
permission to perform this operation" what do I do?
0
JM (81)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/microsoft-office-support/48969-outlook-2003-email-error-message-you-don-t-have-permission.html

"JM" <JM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: when I click send/receive mail button, I get message "you don't have
: permission to perform this operation" what do I do?

0
tom1577 (119)
4/2/2008 2:04:45 PM
thank you. i don't have money to pay for support services. is there another
possible link or answer to this question?
thanks

"Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote:

> http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/microsoft-office-support/48969-outlook-2003-email-error-message-you-don-t-have-permission.html
>

> "JM" <JM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : when I click send/receive mail button, I get message "you don't have
> : permission to perform this operation" what do I do?

0
JM (81)
4/2/2008 6:40:00 PM
> thank you. i don't have money to pay for support services. is there
> another
> possible link or answer to this question?
> thanks
>
> "Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote:
>
>> http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/microsoft-office-support/48969-outlook-2003-email-error-message-you-don-t-have-permission.html

And where does it say on that page that you need to PAY?

0
gbplinux (1141)
4/2/2008 6:44:30 PM
You must not have read far enough down.  The answer is there:

"Try checking the properties of the following files: outlook.srs,
outlook.dat and views.dat-- or they may have a different filename, but there
aren't many files in that folder.

These files are located in:

c:\document & settings\<Username>\application data\microsoft\outlook

What most likely is the problem is that these files now say read-only and
you need to change the setting. This should correct the problem."

"JM" <JM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: thank you. i don't have money to pay for support services. is there
another
: possible link or answer to this question?
: thanks
:
: "Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote:
:
: >
http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/microsoft-office-support/48969-outlook-2003-email-error-message-you-don-t-have-permission.html
: >
: >
: > "JM" <JM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: > news:9BB5AEA4-5FDC-44D2-9214-1394FE204B6F@microsoft.com...
: > : when I click send/receive mail button, I get message "you don't have
: > : permission to perform this operation" what do I do?
: >
: >
: >

0
tom1577 (119)
4/2/2008 6:55:23 PM
thanks. I changed the read only settings as instructed and no change.  Now my
message is "There was a problem logging onto your mail server. Your Password
was rejected. Account: 'mail.assistantproductgroup.com', Server:
'mail.assistantproductgroup.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR
authorization failed', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90,
Error Number: 0x800CCC92"
Now what?  It seems my passwords are not working or something.
Any help?

"Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote:

> You must not have read far enough down.  The answer is there:
>
> "Try checking the properties of the following files: outlook.srs,
> outlook.dat and views.dat-- or they may have a different filename, but there
> aren't many files in that folder.
>
> These files are located in:
>
> c:\document & settings\<Username>\application data\microsoft\outlook
>
> What most likely is the problem is that these files now say read-only and
> you need to change the setting. This should correct the problem."
>
> "JM" <JM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : thank you. i don't have money to pay for support services. is there
> another
> : possible link or answer to this question?
> : thanks
> :
> : "Tom [Pepper] Willett" wrote:
> :
> : >
> http://www.techsupportforum.com/microsoft-support/microsoft-office-support/48969-outlook-2003-email-error-message-you-don-t-have-permission.html
> : >
> : >
> : > "JM" <JM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> : > news:9BB5AEA4-5FDC-44D2-9214-1394FE204B6F@microsoft.com...
> : > : when I click send/receive mail button, I get message "you don't have
> : > : permission to perform this operation" what do I do?
> : >
> : >
> : >

0
JM (81)

Number of e-mail Acccount Limitations???
I am using Vista home addition with Outlook 2007. I have 8 different e-mail accounts that I check. When I open some of the e-mails, ones from Dell or Costco etc, with any graphic content a blank page opens. If I click on the reply button I can read the e-mail but not on the main page. There is plenty of memory so that should not be a problem. I called support at Dell, and after paying a fee was told that there were too many e-mails accounts for Outlook to handle. Does anyone have this problem and is there a fix for it. Thanks I can tell you that Dell was wrong in telling you Out...

Ensure A Form Receives Focus
I'm returning from another Form to the Form "Opening" w/ code in the "Parts" Form... Private Sub Form_Close() DoCmd.OpenForm "Opening", acNormal, , , , acWindowNormal End Sub Even Form_Load in the "opening" Form includes Field1.SetFocus. The Form's Titlebar remains Dimmed until a Mouse Click. Ideas? TIA - Bob On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:54:08 -0800, Bob Barnes <BobBarnes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I'm returning from another Form to the Form "Opening" w/ code >in the "Parts" Form... ...

IMAP accounts not recieving mail in scheduled send & recieve

Send Receive Errors
If you have been getting regular Send / Recieve error messages...eg. "can't connect to server" etc. in XP...and have been bashing your head against a wall tinkering with NAV and other possible fixes, try this simple solution... add a period (dot) to the end of your mail server names in the account settings for each mail account you have. For example: change mail.servername.com to mail.servername.com. I read this on another forum, tried it, and I have not had an error message in the last 5-6 Send/Receive cycles (touch wood), when I was getting them each time prior to th...

I am not able to send outgoing messages
I am recieving this message when i try to send an email: The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider. The rejected e-mail address was 'senders email'. Subject 'Re: Next week?', Account: 'imap.aol.com', Server: 'smt...

Import Windows Mail groups into Outlook 2007?
I successfully imported my Windows Mail (Vista) contacts, but the groups (distribution lists) didn't come over. Do I have to create them all over again? Yes. Well known. Groups in Windows Mail have no counterparts in Outlook and cannot be imported. Create Distribution Lists if you think you need them. Categories work better. -- Russ Valentine "Lynn" <Lynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5EFD6CF4-4FCD-4110-A2D6-03FAC7C12209@microsoft.com... > I successfully imported my Windows Mail (Vista) contacts, but the groups > (distribution l...

How do I cancel an outgoing email
I tried to send an email with 2 photos attached last Friday around 10: AM. It is still in my outbox today (Monday). I can't delete it and keep getting a message that says that it's because it has already started sending. It's been more than 3 days! I've shut down my email, shut down my computer and even restored to the day before. It is still there sending. As a result, all other outgoing messages are waiting too. http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/messagestuckinoutbox.htm should be helpful. "Connie" <Connie@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Send To (Not Working)
Hi all, I am having a nightmare with a GP 10 installation on a Win2003 Terminal Server. Apart from horrific GP startup speed (fine for the local administrator on the terminal server) I am also having trouble with simply sending (either txt or pdf) documents from the screen layout window for any report generated in GP. The button is active as is the option to select either Txt or Pdf (we are running Adobe 6.0) but the new message window that normally opens up for you to insert a mail address (with the respective attachment) simply does not open. Anyone please help. There is nothing on ...

merging mail servers
Two companies merged together. Currently we are still using both mail servers. We want to get everyone using the same mail server and on the same domain (e-mail, not AD) Our current setup is both sites are on the same AD domain. All e-mail comes into a mail gateway and then gets routed to the correct mail server depending on which domain it was sent to. We are unable to complete the move in one night and need to somehow link the mail servers so I can move users one at a time. How can I set this up in Exchange (sorry, running 5.5 on old server and 2k3 on the new main server) so that the o...

Sending Outlook email by category
This is really frustrating and I'd appreciate anyhelp with this at all. I want to send emails out of my contact list by a category which I have assigned to certain people. I have tried creating a distribution list but there is no option to select members by category. I have thousands of names in the Contacts and to go thru each one to select the particular list seems absurd. Is there any way to do this? Sort your Contacts Folder by Category. Select a Category Header Actions > New Message to Contact. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Andy Z" <anonymous@discussions.mi...

Outlook 2000 -can not send out email
I can receive emails into my Outlook but I can not send out emails...it always gets returned. I am wondering what the outgoing mail (SMTP) setting should be; currently it is 25 while the incoming is 110. Also, under the servers portion it reads the same for me....pop3 is mail.(server name).com and this is the same for the SMTP mail.(server name).com ? What should I do? Check with your ISP to see if you need to authenticate to the outgoing mail server....a lot of companies require that to prevent spam. The port settings you mention are normal, unless the ISP requires something else. S...

Mail-Enable Public Folders #3
Is it possible to mail-enable all public folders in a tree in one hit? Thanks On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 16:16:01 -0800, Help <Help@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is it possible to mail-enable all public folders in a tree in one hit? >Thanks Exchange 2003 SP2 permissions wizard will let you do this. ...

LOST MAIL Outlook 2000
I need some help from people with technical knowledge of Outlook 2000. Here is the issue. My PC had to be reformated and Windows, MS Office, etc reloaded. I identified the directories I wanted backed up before the hard drive was reformatted. My Outlook 2002 Directory was one of them, but I didn't export the messages to a file using a comma delineated format before the backup was done....instead the directory was backed up with the inbox, address book, etc. keeping their original file extensions There is no .pst file in this directory. Filed extensions in this directory are: .nch; .msf; ...

can't right-click
I can't right click in Microsoft Excel 2000. Even create new documents or restart pc. Please Help!!! Hello Stan Simply try: Tools>Customize>Tool bars tab then click Reset button and OK If still not available: Paste and run the code below into a new module of a blank workbook Sub ResetCbs() For Each cb In Application.CommandBars If cb.BuiltIn Then cb.Reset Next cb End Sub HTH Cordially Pascal "Stan" <Stan@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news: 9839F5BB-30F8-4180-B6F7-BFAC323477A0@microsoft.com... >I can't right click in Microsoft Excel ...

Microsoft CRM e-mail integraition
I'm currently in the process of evaluating Microsoft CRM for use in the support function. I've managed to have email sent to an email address from external addresses to be directly routed to an Queue, but email from internal addresses (same Exchange server) does not appear in the queue. Also, I'm wondering if there's an easy way of converting an email to a support case? Regards, Anders Thorsen You can convert an email to a support case by building a custom function using the API. Mike "Anders Thorsen" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Adding SMTP connector stops mail
Hi I have just added SMTP connectors to several of our sites to forward outbound external mail through a smarthost for virus scanning. These sites work perfectly however the other sites that do not have the SMTP connector (just Routing Group connectors) now cannot send external mail. Do I need to add an SMTP connector to every site, even if they do not need the smart host? Should the cost on the '*' Address Space be lower or higher than my site to site Routing Group connector costs? Many thanks A routing group connector should enable you to send mail. All an SMTP connector...

Cannot import send/receive dates for emails stored in Access (.mdb) file
I have some mdb (Access format) database files with thousands of emails extracted from couple of Yahoo groups forums. I'd like to import these into my Outlook 2003 PST so that I can search and read them offline. The mdb files contain all the fields necessary for a proper email import, including from_name from_email subject receive_date receive_time message (HTML format) When I use the Outlook "Import and Export Wizard", selecting Access file type, etc., all appears fine. However, after the import completes, in Outlook there is no date information populated under either sent ...

2k3 Server, Send As Permissions Dissapear
Hi We are running an Exchange 2k3 on a 2k3 SBS and have been adding Domain Users Send As permission for some accounts. The Domain Users seem to 'dissapear' from the Security Tab after a short period. I am assuming that this is an inheritance problem? Any help would be much appreciated Thanks B ...

Forwarding Mail #3
How can I forward all mail for a particular mailbox to an external email address on Exchange 2000? "Lee Taylor" <services@webdevplus.com> wrote: >How can I forward all mail for a particular mailbox to an external email >address on Exchange 2000? > Create an AD contact with the external email address. Use the delivery options on the AD Account properties to forward messages from the account to the contact. Tick the box to deliver to both recipients if necessary. Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exchange.htm Blog: http://www.msexchan...

OUtlook e-mail sending errors
Hi all, We have begun the roll out of MS CRM within our organisation but have gotten into some problems with the Outlook integration. Whenever we link an e-mail to CRM and try to reply to the sender we get this error: "An error occurred while trying to send the e-mail. Try again." This also happens when you try and start a new CRM e-mail. Can anyone help us out here? Thanks in advance Eddie Geller ...

Mail Merge Printing
Hello All, I recently tried to print about 500 postcards with addresses using Mail Merge from Publisher 2003. I sent the print job over my network to a Minolta 5430DL. After the job completed I found about 100 postcards missing. It appears that the first 192 were printed fine, then the following pattern emerged: postcard 193-212 NOT PRINTED (20 cards) postcard 223-232 NOT PRINTED (10 cards) postcard 253-272 NOT PRINTED (20 cards) postcard 283-292 NOT PRINTED (10 cards) postcard 313-322 NOT PRINTED (10 cards) postcard 343-362 NOT PRINTED (20 cards) postcard 383-392 NOT PRINTED (10 cards) Any...

Excessive Delays in CAsyncSocket::Send()?
I've got an CDialog based application using a TCP connection. I'm using VS 2003 .NET. The application works as I expected using a software emulation program on the same machine (via lookpack) or when connecting to the emulator on another XP machine. So far so good. When I connect with the target machine (some embedded Linux derivation), CASyncSocket::Send() blocks for geometrically increasing times. TRACE Output Send in 0 Send in 250 Send in 578 Send in 1125 Send in 2329 Send in 4734 Send in 9547 Send in 0 .... I then run the application using Linux/Wine and everything is hap...

Outlook 2000 hanging, taking forever to send

Mail notifier when checking other users folder.
Hi. I have created a mailbox for a department at this company I working for. Three persons has access to the departments mailbox and everything works just fine. For a minute ago, one of the user give a call and wondering if there is any possibility to have a notifier that notice the user when there is a mail in the box. He is notyfied when he got a mail in his own box. Is there any possibility to get a notify when a mail reaches the departments mailbox? We are using Outlook 2002 at this company. ...

Outlook hijacks mail
I was forced to install Outlook while trying to get a handheld to sync, and then decided that Outlook is simply not worth the trouble, so I uninstalled it. As an unintended and annoying result, Outlook Express claims it is now not the default mail client when invoked, and would I like it to be. Tools|Options|Make Default does NOT "stick". Reg-cleaning did -not- free my mail/news from bondage to Outlook. How to set OE as default mail client? Laurie whati s the default in IE's tools, options, programs tab? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, T...