WHAT object cannot be found?

Incredibly frustrated and hatred of Microsoft Office 2007 increasing
every day... I miss the day when there was a dropdown and not a ribbon
and especially when my email worked without a problem.

So I set up a new profile after deleting the old. Added email
accounts. Check. Tested the send/receive during setup - that worked.
Now I try to send email from my accounts and I get a message:

"The operation failed. An object cannot be found."

What the... I've checked the knowledgebase. I have one profile. It's
default and opened when Outlook starts. It receives email just fine.
It even sends a test message when you open up each individual account
and click the "test" button to show that send/receive works.

Now I'm stuck being unable to send email and there is no reason for
this. It's not the only issues I've had with Outlook failing, even
after reinstalls. I'm using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7  Professional 64
bit version.

Of note, I get plenty of "the operation failed" when I've tried
compacting PSTs in the past yet the PST does compact. I wonder if it
works flawlessly for others but for me, this is the latest setback I'm
having with Outlook 2007. Not sure what to do as this inability to use
it has paralyzed me, as you can understand. I hope someone else has
been able to conquer the same issue.

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 00:58:04 -0500, Mojo <manoncampus@thecampus.edu>
wrote:

>Incredibly frustrated and hatred of Microsoft Office 2007 increasing
>every day... I miss the day when there was a dropdown and not a ribbon
>and especially when my email worked without a problem.
>
>So I set up a new profile after deleting the old. Added email
>accounts. Check. Tested the send/receive during setup - that worked.
>Now I try to send email from my accounts and I get a message:
>
>"The operation failed. An object cannot be found."
>
>What the... I've checked the knowledgebase. I have one profile. It's
>default and opened when Outlook starts. It receives email just fine.
>It even sends a test message when you open up each individual account
>and click the "test" button to show that send/receive works.
>
>Now I'm stuck being unable to send email and there is no reason for
>this. It's not the only issues I've had with Outlook failing, even
>after reinstalls. I'm using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7  Professional 64
>bit version.
>
>Of note, I get plenty of "the operation failed" when I've tried
>compacting PSTs in the past yet the PST does compact. I wonder if it
>works flawlessly for others but for me, this is the latest setback I'm
>having with Outlook 2007. Not sure what to do as this inability to use
>it has paralyzed me, as you can understand. I hope someone else has
>been able to conquer the same issue.

To add:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354

This is exactly what I followed.

Running Setup diagnostics was a joke. I am the administrator on my
machine and all the tests came back saying I'm not. It's my machine.
I'm the admin. I installed everything. It tells me that my "beta
installation" is not up to date. Say what? It was installed from the
package I have and updated everything as of this morning. Of course
it's not a beta. I've got a RAM failure, etc. and all of these things
say XP and Vista, not Windows 7.

And no, I shouldn't be required to pay for Office 2010 to get these
things to work correctly. Many of my problems were after the upgrade
to Windows 7, which is great, but Office 2007 hasn't played nicely
with it.

On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 01:21:37 -0500, Mojo <manoncampus@thecampus.edu>
wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 00:58:04 -0500, Mojo <manoncampus@thecampus.edu>
>wrote:
>
>>Incredibly frustrated and hatred of Microsoft Office 2007 increasing
>>every day... I miss the day when there was a dropdown and not a ribbon
>>and especially when my email worked without a problem.
>>
>>So I set up a new profile after deleting the old. Added email
>>accounts. Check. Tested the send/receive during setup - that worked.
>>Now I try to send email from my accounts and I get a message:
>>
>>"The operation failed. An object cannot be found."
>>
>>What the... I've checked the knowledgebase. I have one profile. It's
>>default and opened when Outlook starts. It receives email just fine.
>>It even sends a test message when you open up each individual account
>>and click the "test" button to show that send/receive works.
>>
>>Now I'm stuck being unable to send email and there is no reason for
>>this. It's not the only issues I've had with Outlook failing, even
>>after reinstalls. I'm using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7  Professional 64
>>bit version.
>>
>>Of note, I get plenty of "the operation failed" when I've tried
>>compacting PSTs in the past yet the PST does compact. I wonder if it
>>works flawlessly for others but for me, this is the latest setback I'm
>>having with Outlook 2007. Not sure what to do as this inability to use
>>it has paralyzed me, as you can understand. I hope someone else has
>>been able to conquer the same issue.
>
>To add:
>
>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354
>
>This is exactly what I followed.
>
>Running Setup diagnostics was a joke. I am the administrator on my
>machine and all the tests came back saying I'm not. It's my machine.
>I'm the admin. I installed everything. It tells me that my "beta
>installation" is not up to date. Say what? It was installed from the
>package I have and updated everything as of this morning. Of course
>it's not a beta. I've got a RAM failure, etc. and all of these things
>say XP and Vista, not Windows 7.
>
>And no, I shouldn't be required to pay for Office 2010 to get these
>things to work correctly. Many of my problems were after the upgrade
>to Windows 7, which is great, but Office 2007 hasn't played nicely
>with it.

Deleted everything, rebooted, added a new profile and now Outlook 2007
won't open at all:

"Cannot open your default email folders. The information store could
not be opened"

What a joke. Apparently I'm not the only one with this issue and I've
read at least 10 complaints about the same problem with Windows 7 but
no answers.
On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 01:50:48 -0500, Mojo <manoncampus@thecampus.edu>
wrote:

>On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 01:21:37 -0500, Mojo <manoncampus@thecampus.edu>
>wrote:
>
>>On Thu, 16 Dec 2010 00:58:04 -0500, Mojo <manoncampus@thecampus.edu>
>>wrote:
>>
>>>Incredibly frustrated and hatred of Microsoft Office 2007 increasing
>>>every day... I miss the day when there was a dropdown and not a ribbon
>>>and especially when my email worked without a problem.
>>>
>>>So I set up a new profile after deleting the old. Added email
>>>accounts. Check. Tested the send/receive during setup - that worked.
>>>Now I try to send email from my accounts and I get a message:
>>>
>>>"The operation failed. An object cannot be found."
>>>
>>>What the... I've checked the knowledgebase. I have one profile. It's
>>>default and opened when Outlook starts. It receives email just fine.
>>>It even sends a test message when you open up each individual account
>>>and click the "test" button to show that send/receive works.
>>>
>>>Now I'm stuck being unable to send email and there is no reason for
>>>this. It's not the only issues I've had with Outlook failing, even
>>>after reinstalls. I'm using Outlook 2007 on Windows 7  Professional 64
>>>bit version.
>>>
>>>Of note, I get plenty of "the operation failed" when I've tried
>>>compacting PSTs in the past yet the PST does compact. I wonder if it
>>>works flawlessly for others but for me, this is the latest setback I'm
>>>having with Outlook 2007. Not sure what to do as this inability to use
>>>it has paralyzed me, as you can understand. I hope someone else has
>>>been able to conquer the same issue.
>>
>>To add:
>>
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;312354
>>
>>This is exactly what I followed.
>>
>>Running Setup diagnostics was a joke. I am the administrator on my
>>machine and all the tests came back saying I'm not. It's my machine.
>>I'm the admin. I installed everything. It tells me that my "beta
>>installation" is not up to date. Say what? It was installed from the
>>package I have and updated everything as of this morning. Of course
>>it's not a beta. I've got a RAM failure, etc. and all of these things
>>say XP and Vista, not Windows 7.
>>
>>And no, I shouldn't be required to pay for Office 2010 to get these
>>things to work correctly. Many of my problems were after the upgrade
>>to Windows 7, which is great, but Office 2007 hasn't played nicely
>>with it.
>
>Deleted everything, rebooted, added a new profile and now Outlook 2007
>won't open at all:
>
>"Cannot open your default email folders. The information store could
>not be opened"
>
>What a joke. Apparently I'm not the only one with this issue and I've
>read at least 10 complaints about the same problem with Windows 7 but
>no answers.

What a joke -

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-GB/outlookacct/thread/28ae7363-30cd-4275-a30b-c8192e1eb047

That's the answer. All the diagnostics in the world for Outlook 2007
couldn't figure this out. In addition, setting up a new profile and
specifying the PST to use does NOT work. The mail control panel
creates its own new PST and doesn't care what else was there before.
You cannot add the other PST and then set it as default and delete the
one that was setup by Outlook. Simply will not work. So I'm going to
have to copy all my mail from PST1 to this new PST2 since I'm not
going to spend any more time worrying about the name of the active PST
because the software isn't doing what it should under Windows 7
Ultimate 64 bit. By now, Outlook 2007's diagnostics should have been
updated. Damn frustrating but at least others can use this information
to help themselves.

Different Versions of Object Libraries
I have Access 2000 and 2003 on my development machine. My client only has Access 2000. When I develop for this client, I run Access 2000. However, my code requires that I have the Microsoft Word Object Library and Microsoft Outlook Object Library listed in References. As I result, on my machine they're listed as version 11.0, and then, when I upload the file, they show as missing. So I have to go through the steps of removing the references and then re-adding them on the client's machine for version 9.0. Obviously this is a bit of a pain I'd prefer to avoid. I realize I cou...

OnChange event error "Does not support this object or property"
Hi all, I'm trying to test the OnChange event on the Opportunity form - I added the following JScript code to the Sales Stage field on the form: if (crmForm.salesstagecode.value=="2-Qualified Lead") { crmForm.SetFieldReqLevel("Solicitation_Number", 1); } But when I publish these changes and run CRM,and select the '2-Qualified Lead' value on the Sales Stage picklist, I get the error: "Does not support this object or property" Anyone know how to fix this? Thank you! What is the data type in the db schema of the salesstagecode field? If it is...

How can I draw objects in pixels and not in inches?
In Excel I am trying to draw lines, boxes, and cubes and than going to the format picture tab and trying to resize them in pixels. It only lets me do it in inches. Is there any way to change this from inches to pixels? Or, is there a formula I can use to convert my pixel mesurements to inches? Pixels per inch depend on the user's screen resolution and zoom. There are a fixed 72 *points* per inch, and you can set the dimensions of drawing objects in points (e.g., enter 72pt instead of 1"). Historically, standard Mac screen ppi (pixels per inch) is 72, so points and pixels ar...

Orphaned Objects #2
Hi Having some mailboxes that are connected to an AD account that doesnt exists (to a user in an OU that doenst exists) I can see these mailboxes in ESM but its not poosible to reconnect them since its looks like they are connected and through In AD you cant find these accounts since they are gone.. Any idea how to remove these orphaned mailboxe (Exchange2000 on Windows 2000 /Stefan Hello Stefan You did run the clean up agent before you attempted to reconnect these mailboxes Otherwise...make sure you RUS is running correctly Try resetting the deleted item retention .. Use LDAP to search al...

CA2000 Warning call Dispose on object
Hello, I get a CA2000 warning on the following code. public class Taskbar { private static Taskbar _default; private bool _isSynchronized; public static Taskbar Default { if (_default == null) { _default = Taskbar.Synchronized(new Taskbar()); } return _default; } public static Taskbar Synchronized(Taskbar taskbar) { taskbar._isSynchronized = true; return taskbar; } } Can somebody explain me how to resolve the CA2000 warnings on the code? Regards, Fred za wr...

"Object not found" error and Archive Folders
I am battling hard to find who on this planet knows this one I have a rogue 'Archive Folder' living next to my Personal Folders tha I am unable to remove - when I select 'Close "Archive Folders"' th following error dialog is displayed "The operation failed. An object could not be found I've got Outlook 2003 (Office Pro Edition) running on XP Pro - with al and latest updates. I've verified I can add and remove other datafile with no issue - this is also my default archive folder. To explain further, the archive folder in question is the same one a spe...

Please help
Only one of my users (who us utilizing IE8) is getting the following error when creating a new Timesheet in PWA 'g_oMainForm_name' is null or not an object mytssummary.aspx Code: 0 URI:http://[project server]/mytssummary.aspx Many other folks are using Timesheets - some with IE8 - and it works fine. This is the only user so far who has reported this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Andy Novak UNT Hi Andy, Maybe this will help: http://allfaq.org/forums/t/136987.aspx "anovak@unt.edu" wrote: > Only one of my users (who us...

Found new abstract artist webpage
I found this new artist and I love the work. I have already have a couple hanging in my home. http://www.geocities.com/thtrchk/ ...

Notes should roll up onto parent objects.
Notes entered onto a contact, an address, or anything should roll up onto parent records. I don't think this needs to be done on a hard data-level (copying the notes), but there should atleast be a stock report that, when run against a given entity, will show all notes, all notes under activites, and any related notes under contacts. It's very hard to try to have multiple people (support, sales, cold-callers) all keep in-sync with their notes about communication without seeing total visibility. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to t...

Printing graident fades and semi transparent objects in Publisher xp
Hello, I am having troubled printing certain objects in Publisher 2002. Example. I want to create a black rectangle layed over a photograph and have one side of the rectangle to fade to transparent so the photo shows through and blends in to that part of the rectangle. I draw a rectangle, go in to fill effects, slect the fill color as black and adjust the end "transparency" slider to max. On screen the picture looks perfect. The rectangle fades from solid to totally transparent. But, when I print... the fade does not print... the printer prints the fade as a normal opaque square....

Compile: File Not Found
HELP! I don't know what happened. I was just doing basic cleanup of forms and reports. Now any event that fires gives me an error - all based on "File Not Found". (ex On Load you entered as the event property setting produced the following error: File Not Found"). I have done Compact/Repair. Also when I compiled the code I get a "File Not Found" error. Does anybody have any ideas? I dont know what I did - things were working just fine then all of a sudden this issue - I was not modifying/adding any code. -- Message posted via http://www.accessmons...

Count Textboxes and other objects
Is there any way that you can count the number of textboxes and other drawing objects in a sheet using c# or VB from an application and change their contents? Dana: this code should work Sub count_boxes() Count = 0 For Each myshape In ActiveSheet.Shapes If myshape.Type = msoTextBox Then Count = Count + 1 End If Next myshape End Sub "Dana" wrote: > Is there any way that you can count the number of textboxes and other > drawing objects in a sheet using c# or VB from an application and change > their contents? > > > > > > ...

Access OLE Object Field
Through VBA, I am trying to read an OLE Object field (which are images) and insert it into a Word document. I can read the item as Datatype OLEFormat, but can't figure out how to get it into the word document. I tried using a bookmark with the format: Set wrdsig = ..Bookmarks("sig").Range.InlineShapes.AddPicture(FileName:=NuisQuery!sig, LinkToFile:=False, SaveWithDocument:=True) but it wants an actual filename for the Filename property of the AddPicture object. Any help would be appreciated. -- Mert ...

Cannot create link for object word doc. Link to file greyed out
I am trying to do the following in a calendar in Outlook 2007. Insert Object (inserting a linkable Word document into the Calendar) Create from File (I select the file and it shows its path on the network) Link to File is greyed out Does anyone know why the Link to File is greyed out. Thanks, Crazyhorse ...

Convert EMF image to drawing object
Hi, In Word, if you insert an EMF picture, you can then convert it in a drawing object (by right-clicking on the picture, then select "Edit Picture"), which allows you to "natively" change the image as a vector drawing. How can I achieve the same result in Publisher 2002? There is no "Edit Picture" option in the image contextual menu, so the only way I could find is to perform the conversion in Word, then copy/paste the Word canvas to Publisher. But there must be some more direct means to do this? Thanks in advance. Raph Raphael Goubet <rgoubet@yahoo.fr&g...

No such object found while trying to remove Exchange 2000
I just upgraded a client from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003 by moving all mailboxes and rehoming all vital exchange services and public folders to a new server. The old Exchange 2000 now has nothing left other than the system mailboxes. I tried to remove by doing add/remove programs. when I select hte remove option, I get an error "Setup encountered an error while checking prerequisites for the component "Microsoft Exchange 2000": 0x80072030 (8240): There is no such object on the server. If I turn off all Exchange services and go to my Exchange 2003 server's syst...

Document not found!
I have a spreadsheet which looks at several months worth of data. Each month has its own workbook for 5 different things. Therefore ther are 5 new files every month about 5 different things. My master sheet collates all the information from these files. BUT fo the months which don't exist yet I get the annoying message of Exce cannot fid this file, because that month hasn't occured yet and s those files dont exist.] Eg File Name "January 04.xls". Is there a way that I can get Excel to just display a 0 if the fil cannot be found or just not display anything at all in that c...

How do I put text on top of an object?
How do I cause text to flow over the top of a colored background, object or graphic w/o changing text format? I'm using MS Office Publisher 2003. healthynhappy <healthynhappy@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > How do I cause text to flow over the top of a colored background, > object or graphic w/o changing text format? I'm using MS Office > Publisher 2003. Click your text box, then click Bring To Front on the menu bar. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher More specifically, since you sound new to Publisher, click: ARRANGE / ORDE...

Attempt to execute com object RmsGcm.Rms failed
When I go to tender a sale I get the message "Attempt to execute COM object RmsGcm.Rms failed" - How can I fix this? "Mark_MVN" <MarkMVN@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:8AD9EEDD-BF94-4EB7-8C9C-12B060860EE7@microsoft.com... > When I go to tender a sale I get the message "Attempt to execute COM > object > RmsGcm.Rms failed" - How can I fix this? It's an add-on. Contact your RMS vendor! antonio "Mark_MVN" wrote: The solution is as follows: 1.) Shutdown the PC. 2.) Remove the parallel printer cable f...

Outlook 2007 Object could not be found error
We have a user who is a delegate on 10 other users in Outlook 2007. The user has been provided editorial rights to modify and create appointments on the client’s Outlook. She is able to manage and create appointments on 7 of the 10 clients, but the other 3 come up with an “Object could not be found” error. The user can set up meetings fine in her mailbox as well as when creating appointments for other. It’s just the 3 users that are causing the problem. Any hints or suggestions would be appreciated. JoeP ...

How to find all the properties associated with an object
In VBA when you type something like Sheets and then a period you are given a dropdown list of what can be associated with Sheets. I have on many occassions had great help from many in this group that give instances such as "ActiveSheet.ShowAllData" where typing in ActiveSheet and the period reveals no such list. Is there somewhere or somehow a method that I can get the full (or fullish) list where the objects' properties are not given? Rob "rob nobel" <robnobel@nospamdodo.nospamcom.nospamau> wrote... .... >where typing in ActiveSheet and the period reveals n...

Open embedded object (xls) with trigger from another shape
I have an embedded object, in this case an Excel spreadsheet (although I may also need to include some PDFs). can set the action to open the embedded document with a click on the object itself, but I want to have it open with a click on a different shape, an action button. It's been a while since I've had to try to do something like this, and I haven't been able to figure out if this is possible or not. I don't see the "open object" option anywhere in the animation menu, and it seems that is the only way that you can set up a shape to use a trigger. Powerp...

removing objects..!
hi all.! i have copied a column of data from a website and pasted it into an excel sheet..! the problem is one of the cell is containing an object, something like a text box may be a "radio button" while copying from the website..! i tried my best to remove that object but could not succeed..! any help, please..! -via135 -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-excel/201003/1 Could you use a short macro like: Sub RemoveShapes For Each sh In ActiveSheet.Shapes sh.Delete Next End Sub -- Best Regards...

How do I get around the MSVC++ Dialog Object Limit?
I am developing in MSVC++ .Net 2003, using MFC, building a realtime telemetry display. I have reached an object limit of 255, but need to add another 20+ objects. Is there a simple way to increase this limit? I am aware that I could possibly add more views or tabs, but that is not my first choice for this display as I would like all items visable at the same time. SpaceDust wrote: >I am developing in MSVC++ .Net 2003, using MFC, building a realtime telemetry >display. I have reached an object limit of 255, but need to add another 20+ >objects. Is there a simple way to increas...

Dynamic serialization of objects with lists or pointers as members
I need to serialize objects of several (or even many) different classes, all of those derived from a common ABC (Abstract Base Class). The problem is that some of those classes have arrays as members. It goes like this: first comes the Abstract Base Class: ///////////////////// class CFoo : public CObject { public: CFoo(); DECLARE_SERIAL(CFoo) virtual ~CFoo(); virtual void DoThis() = 0; virtual UINT DoThat() = 0; } ///////////////////////// here come derived classes: Class CFoo_A : public CFoo // this is the troublesome one { public: CFoo_A(); DECLARE_DYNCREATE(CFoo_A) ~...