What Is the Term for Sending Messages to a List, but Recipent Only Sees His/her Address

In the past I've been able to send a message to a number of recipients, but
each recipient received the message with only his address displayed.

The term is not "batch", but I can't remember what it is.  I have the
instructions saved, but can't find them, not knowing the term.

Thanks,

Dennis

0
dvhughes (47)

BCC (blind carbon copy) or Mail Merge might be what you're looking for?
--
Kathleen Orland
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

"Dennis Hughes" wrote:

> In the past I've been able to send a message to a number of recipients, but
> each recipient received the message with only his address displayed.
>
> The term is not "batch", but I can't remember what it is.  I have the
> instructions saved, but can't find them, not knowing the term.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dennis

0
KOrland1 (1012)
8/25/2005 8:06:03 PM
As I recall, it uses mail merge, but Microsoft uses another term.

I'll keep looking,

Dennis

"K. Orland" <KOrland@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> BCC (blind carbon copy) or Mail Merge might be what you're looking for?
> --
> Kathleen Orland
> http://www.howto-outlook.com/
>

> "Dennis Hughes" wrote:
>
>> In the past I've been able to send a message to a number of recipients,
>> but
>> each recipient received the message with only his address displayed.
>>
>> The term is not "batch", but I can't remember what it is.  I have the
>> instructions saved, but can't find them, not knowing the term.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Dennis

0
dvhughes (47)
8/25/2005 9:09:09 PM
I didn't find the name of this feature, but went into MSWord2003 and used
the mail merge wizzard to make up personalized messages.  Very easy to do
and took only a few steps.

Dennis

"Dennis Hughes" <dvhughes@mindspring.com> wrote in message
> In the past I've been able to send a message to a number of recipients,
> but each recipient received the message with only his address displayed.
>
> The term is not "batch", but I can't remember what it is.  I have the
> instructions saved, but can't find them, not knowing the term.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Dennis

0
dvhughes (47)
8/25/2005 9:55:49 PM
Hello Dennis Hughes, you  wrote on Thu, 25 Aug 2005 17:55:49 -0400:

> I didn't find the name of this feature, but went into MSWord2003 and used
> the mail merge wizzard to make up personalized messages.  Very easy to do
> and took only a few steps.

In outlook itself you find the bcc-option in View | Bcc-field. If Word
is used as e-mail editor you'll find this option behind the
options-button.

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

Sending message as a delegate
Is there a way for a secretary to send an email that says it's from two people (she is the delegate for both of these people). jschwartz@pattonboggs.com wrote: > Is there a way for a secretary to send an email that says > it's from two people (she is the delegate for both of > these people). A message can come from only one address/account, so, short answer is no. ...

How do I get address book to include e-mail address?
When I select to: box in the new message the search box does not include the e-mail address and is not included in the address line. How do i fix that? Any chance the Contacts folder has lost it's "Show this folder as an E-mail Address Book" checkmark in Properties? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/197577/en-us "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" check box is dimmed in Outlook Contact folder properties Hal -- Hal Hostetler, CPBE -- hhh@kvoa.com Senior Engineer/MIS -- MS MVP-Print/Imaging -- WA7BGX http://www.kvoa.com -- "When News breaks, we fix it!...

Auto fill and drop down lists
The fields are Rank and Rank Sort (I cant do this alpabetically as a the ranks (Military) don't run in alphabetical order. The idea is this: The form (Pers Details Form) contains personal details Name, Number etc from the Pers Details Table. There will be box where I can select the rank from a dropdown list. The Rank details are contained in a seperate table (Rank Table) containing a Rank and Rank Sort column. In the Pers Details Form I can create a record, enter details but I want to have a drop down box to choose the rank from. Once chosen I would like the rank to show (but ...

Price list 02-23-06
Does anyone know how to default a quote to a particular price list, or can I remove this mandatory field? Tks. Ian Hi Ian, You could write a script at the OnLoad Event of the Quote Form. var CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE = 1; var CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE = 2; switch (crmForm.FormType) { case CRM_FORM_TYPE_CREATE: alert("This is a create form."); //insert the PriceList GUID into the Price List look up field here. break; case CRM_FORM_TYPE_UPDATE: break; } Hope this helps. -- Manisha Powar (Madhusudanan) Program Manager Microsoft Dynamics - CRM This post...

Never Ceasing Error Message in My Mailbox
Account: 'cwjamaicA', Server: 'mail.cwjamaica.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC18 Hello, I keep getting the message as stated above in Email box. What does this mean and how can I clear this up. Thanks. Burchie S burchsam@cwjamaica.com ...

Error message needed if incorrect Date Of Birth (DOB) entered
Hi, In cell D6 I have a DOB entered....in cell E6 I have a datedif function that has 3 conditional formatting set as: 1 - If D6 is blank, E6 is blank. 2 - If DOB in D6 is between 18 - 24 then E6 shows age and cell is yellow. 3 - If DOB in D6 is 25 or over then E6 shows age and cell is blue. What I need is when a DOB is entered in D6 under 16 years old, then D6 returns an error message -" You have Entered an Age under 16 Years - Retry!! ". I have tried Data Validation, but cant get a message from tha as I dont know what to set as the date validation. I do need a...

How to filter to show only one message from a specific sender/subject
I would like to filter out all but one email with the same subject line from a specific sender. I subscribe to a message board that sends an email every time a posting is made to a thread, instead of just the first posting after I have read the thread. Is there a way for filter out the duplicate messages and just keep the oldest email? Thanks, Brian ...

Can I see the summary report of each resouce's booking status ?
Here we using AutoAcceptAgent to booking resource account like meeting room. Is there any method to view the summary report ? for example, a summary report show which meeting room booked by which one for what agenda. I have tried to use public folder with email address, but can't register by AutoAcceptAgent. Any one has any idea of such request ? Pls help soon. Thanks. On Thu, 20 Jul 2006 19:14:02 -0700, Enid <Enid@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Here we using AutoAcceptAgent to booking resource account like meeting room. >Is there any method to view the summary repor...

Send/Receive at Launch does not work
I cannot get send/receive to work when I launch Outlook 2003. I went to the knowledge base and found "Microsoft Knowledge Base Article - 312336" and tried it but it didn't do anything. Any help on how to get this working? Thanks Anyone have an idea here? What automatic polling interval did you set? -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Doc" <doc@teamexs.com> wrote in message news:37ec01c3b071$2d7aee50$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I cannot get send/receive to work when I launch Outlook > 2003. I went to the knowledge base and found "Microsoft > Knowledge ...

Not able to send email from CRM client
Help, please. I cannot get CRM configured to send email from the CRM client software. See error message below. I have tried all the solutions I can find, including: -Confirmed mailserverurl is set correctly on the CRM server and that the specified server is the Exchange server. -Confirmed that the mailserverurl returns well formed XML. -Gave the IUSR_ORCAS user full control of the the "...mailroot/vsi 1" on the exchange box, which is named ORCAS. -Confirmed platformurl setting on Exchange server is correct. -Confirmed that the machines can communicate with each other. What...

Send and Receive All Error Message
When Sending and Receiving before going offline with Outlook XP,(exchange 2000) I get the following error... Task 'Microsoft Exchange Server' reported error (0x8004010F) : 'The operation failed. An object could not be found. ...

Rule to forward mail to external address doesn't work
It might be an XCON issue but I didn't find the corresponding group so I post my questions here. I set up a rule that when an email arrives if my name is in the "to" or "cc" field then forward the email to another external SMTP address for example an hotmail address. however this rule never works through. It's a Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows 2003 SP1 I have no problem to manually forward the email to that external SMTP address; If forward to an mailbox in our Exchange Org, it works; I turned on diagnostic for Transport, no error or warning logged; I tracked mes...

List box with available queries question
I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all the queries within the database. The following code is what I have so far but it does not work. Any help is appreciated. SELECT [Name] FROM MSysObjects WHERE [TYPE] = 5 and LEFT([Name],1) <> "-" ORDER BY [Name]; "Billy B" <BillyB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F47BB77B-7B66-4860-8954-F4FE32FE7C3C@microsoft.com... >I have a list box control on a form and want the list box to display all >the > queries within the database. The following code is what...

Restore messages from Exchange database
Our SBS2000 crashed the other day without a backup of Active Directory. We now only have a backup of the exchange database (edb and stm files). The domain has been recreated from fresh and 5 computers were re-joined the domain. Exchange also were installed. Question: what would be the right way to restore the messages from the edb and stm backup copy? Thank you in advance! -jesk Jesk You'll have to recreate the Exchange org and do a restore. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/disrecopgde.mspx Unless you have a flat file recovery tool like Quest R...

Force command to run for each computer in txt file list of compute
I have a few hundred computers that haven't been defragged in years. I was wondering if rather than doing it manually, if someone had a script where if i just put all the computer names in a txt file, it would iterate through the list and perform a "defrag c: -f" on them all from my workstation. The workstations all have the same local administrator password, so the process would be the same for each. I just dont know how to write scripts. I know if i were going to do this manually from my computer I would run the command below for each ComputerName psexec ...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ? #2
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman ...

Changing a username/address
Hello, I work with someone who just changed her name, and I'm trying to figure out how to change it on the Exchange (2000) server. I changed the username in Active Directory (also 2000), but messages from the user still have the old name in the Sender field. Also, when I point to the mailbox for saving messages, it has the new name (Mailbox - New Name) until restarting Outlook, and then it has the old name. Do I have to Exmerge out the mail, delete the account, re-create the account, change the name of the .pst file and import the mail? Thanks in advance! Jeff Follow these steps: =...

Outlook 2003 Personal Address Book forwarding problem
This Outlook 2003 is connected to a Exchange 5.5 Server The problem is this, everytime I try to forward any e-mail and use any distribution list on the Personal Address Book it does not want to send the e-mail but if I try to send it any other way it works fine. Thanks ...

How to find addresses stored in Favorites folder
My toobar shows a button for adding to favorites but I can not find my favorites list anywhere after I add them? http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2004/20041116.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/ol2007/ "Zuli" <Zuli@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E1B7543A-7BE9-40C6-A4BA-5770FD90AB79@microsoft.com... > My toobar shows a button...

What program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in outlook?
I have one user (Vista Business, Outlook 2007 connected to Exchange 2003) who has today started to see a pop-up from Outlook saying: "A program is trying to access e-mail address information stored in Outlook. If this is unexpected, click Deny and verify your antivirus software is up-to-date." Anti-virus (McAfee) is up todate, and I'm doing a scan now and afterwards will do a separate scan for malware. This user tells me that he hasn't knowingly installed anything recently. My question is: is there any way to determine what the program is which is try...