What does the hammer & wrench symbol mean in the rules window?

When pulling up the "Rules & Alerts" tool, some rules have a hammer and
wrench symbol on the same line.  What does this mean?
0
wardgn (1)

On Tue, 03 May 2005 14:51:11 -1000, wardgn
<wardgn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> When pulling up the "Rules & Alerts" tool, some rules have a hammer and
> wrench symbol on the same line.  What does this mean?

It means that the rule actions conclude with a "Stop Processing More
Rules" action so that if a message meets its criteria none of the
succeeding rules will be applied.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook
Ben M. Schorr, MVP <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote:

> It means that the rule actions conclude with a "Stop Processing More
> Rules" action so that if a message meets its criteria none of the
> succeeding rules will be applied.

Not exactly.  It means that the rule contains an action, not just the "stop
processing" action.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)
5/4/2005 1:22:31 PM
On Wed, 04 May 2005 03:22:31 -1000, Brian Tillman <tillman1952@yahoo.com>
wrote:

> Ben M. Schorr, MVP <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote:
>
>> It means that the rule actions conclude with a "Stop Processing More
>> Rules" action so that if a message meets its criteria none of the
>> succeeding rules will be applied.
>
> Not exactly.  It means that the rule contains an action, not just the
> "stop processing" action.

Well, actually we're both wrong.  It means that the rule contains more
than one action. :-)

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook
Operations Coordinator
Stockholm/KSG - Honolulu
http://www.scgab.com
0
bens1 (1425)
5/4/2005 7:06:27 PM
Ben M. Schorr, MVP <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote:

> Well, actually we're both wrong.  It means that the rule contains more
> than one action. :-)

I just tested it.  The icon appears with a single action.
--
Brian Tillman
0
wrote:

> Ben M. Schorr, MVP <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote:
>
>> Well, actually we're both wrong.  It means that the rule contains more
>> than one action. :-)
>
> I just tested it.  The icon appears with a single action.

Well, you must have a different build than I do then.  It only appears on
mine when there is more than one action.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook
Operations Coordinator
Stockholm/KSG - Honolulu
http://www.scgab.com
0
bens1 (1425)
5/4/2005 9:35:57 PM
Ben M. Schorr, MVP <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote:

> Well, you must have a different build than I do then.  It only
> appears on mine when there is more than one action.

11.6359.6408
--
Brian Tillman
0
wrote:

> Ben M. Schorr, MVP <bens@bogusaddress.mvp> wrote:
>
>> Well, actually we're both wrong.  It means that the rule contains more
>> than one action. :-)
>
> I just tested it.  The icon appears with a single action.

Well, I decided that the best way to find out the real answer was to go to
the top.  So I checked with my contacts at MS, they checked with the
person who actually coded it and discovered that what it means is...

.....other.  "It's the icon for things we didn't do icons for."

Amazing.  :-)

Now we know.

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP-OneNote/Outlook
Operations Coordinator
Stockholm/KSG - Honolulu
http://www.scgab.com
0
bens1 (1425)

Windows 7 Mail Question
Does Windows 7 have an included email application? If so, does it support IMAP, POP, SMTP, EXCHANGE and HTTP email configurations? Thank you. -Frank YES "Frankster" <frank@SPAM2TRASH.com> wrote in message news:ze6dnYRTr8IDfqXWnZ2dnUVZ_hOdnZ2d@giganews.com... > Does Windows 7 have an included email application? If so, does it support > IMAP, POP, SMTP, EXCHANGE and HTTP email configurations? > > Thank you. > > -Frank Windows 7 does not include an email program. I use the free Windows Live Mail,(http:\download.live.com) but ther...

Rules and Reply-to E-Mail addresses
I have tried searching through the solved questions listed here and did not find anything that solved my problem, but please let me know if there's something I've missed! I receive many e-mails from example@theirdomain.com. The e-mails have a different reply-to address from the one above. Now normally, I click reply on each of the hundreds of emails, and paste in the same response. This works fine, but is time consuming. I thought I could use a rule to simplify the whole process. My problem is, in my rule, when I select reply using specific template, it replies to the ...

rules wizard, corporate
Do rules function differently when Outlook is configured for 'Workgroups' than for configurated for 'Internet Only'? I have rules set up to direct email into different folders, with the final 'resting place' being up to 3 layers deep in some cases (with sub folders within other folders). Using 'Internet Only' configuration, the email will get directed to the correct folder, the folder tree (+) will expand to reveal the exact highlited folder that has the message. When I reconfigure for 'workgroups', the mail gets to the folder but the tree do...

Windows XP Start.wav / Start Navigation sound isn't working
Hello, and thank you for reading my post. For some time now, I noticed that my PC's "click sound", which normally appears while surfing in IE 6, wasn't working. I'd learned that I'd need to visit the Start Navigation sound in Control Panel-->Sounds and Audio Devices, and select Windows XP Start.wav...which I'd do, but it wouldn't stay in place as soon as I clicked on "Apply". Because of this issue, and others, too, I reinstalled a "clean" version of Windows XP SP2, and then upgraded it (&, by extension, IE 6) to SP3,...

Which one first?Install Windows Server 2003 SP1 or Exchange SP2 ? #2
Hi, We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update the software in terms of patches, so which one should I do first, the OS patches (SP1 and onwards) or the Exchange patches ? By the way, any issue with Exchange SP2 ? Rgrds, Zul See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=37488 and http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=896742. I would recomment upgrading Exchange first. -- Regards, Roland "Zul J" wrote: > Hi, > > We are running Exchange 2003 on Windows Server 2003. We planned to update > the software in terms of patches, so which one...

Money 98 Delete symbols from obsolete symbols file
My obsolete symbols ,txt has over 250 symbols so when I go on line to update stock market prices I have to uncheck several manually on the pop=up window which says it can't search for over 250 symbols. I can not figure out how to empty or permanently eliminate uneeded symbols from this file. Anybody got any ideas? Howard In microsoft.public.money, Howard wrote: >My obsolete symbols ,txt has over 250 symbols so when I go >on line to update stock market prices I have to uncheck >several manually on the pop=up window which says it can't >search for over 250 symbol...

Outlook Express Mail Rules Problem
Hi, I'm using OE 6.0 on my home system and have a number of rules setup to either move incoming mail to specific folders or to delete it based on subject or message content. The delete rules are the last ones in the list. I've recently changes a couple of rules and now I find mail being deleted which should have been moved into a folder. The rules look okay. Is there a registry key or a file somewhere in the system which might be the problem? TIA Bernie -- bernie@ms-training.org.uk MS Training and Consultancy http://www.ms-training.org.uk Since Outlook Express is part o...

no matching symbolic information found
After I changed pc's recently, I started noticing the following. What should I do now? Loaded 'ntdll.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded symbols for 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\MFC42D.DLL' Loaded symbols for 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\MSVCRTD.DLL' Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\gdi32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\user32.dll', no matching symbolic information found. Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\system32\imm32.dll'...

Mail validation using rules.
I have some questions for Outlook 2000: - - - - - 1) I prefer to validate incoming mails using rules checking the sender against a whitelist of addresses and domains. To my knowledge this is rather unhandy to implement in Outlook 2000 because the addresses must be in my addressbook/contact which can not contain domains only addresses. Hereby I have to maintain a long list of rules just for this validation purpose. I wonder if there is a possibility somehow for using simple textfiles (1 or 2) containg valid addresses and domains handled by 1 or 2 rules. Or maybe there is another way around i...

Text Field Validation Rule for Date
Hi, I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text field (I do not want to change it due to specific requirements)- however, I'd like to set up a validation rule to determine whether or not it is a valid date: mm/dd/yyyy. What should I input in the validation rule? Thanks I do not think it is possible at table level but in your data entry form us AfterUpdate event and IsDate function. -- Build a little, test a little. "shm135" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a RESPONSE field on my table. This field is set up as a text > fiel...

AfxBeginThread and wait for the window creation before return to the caller
Hi, I write a child class, derived from CWinThread: MyUI_thread. This thread only creates a dialog with animated GIF and some others static controls. When I start the tread with AfxBeginThread (for example in a static function MyUI_thread::CreateMyUI) I don't want to return to the caller before the window is created, activated, and visible. If I don't do that, the caller can deal with the window too much early (invalid hwnd, invalid handle of the thread of animated gif ..etc) I try to set an event, which is signaled in a handler of WM_SHOW, and I lock while the event is not signaled j...

Windows Server 2008 Remote Application
Planning on running GP 10.0 on a Windows 2008 server as a Remote Application (not the full RDP client). Testing is going well, with the expection of Default Printer Selection. Dynamics is not successfully selecting the client's redirected Default Printer. This behavior seems fairly random and other applications that have been published as Remote Applications do not have an issue with printer selection. The goal is that Dynamics GP uses the client's re-directed (via TS EasyPrint) default printer. Clients are running XP SP 3.0, .Net 3.5, and RDP 6.1. Anyone experiencing simil...

Convertibility Issue between Windows Excel 2007 and Mac Excel 2008
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) I have created a very extensive budget for my company in Windows Excel 2007 containing multiple tabs, hundreds of formulas, a few arrays, some conditional formatting, etc. A few of the individuals needing access to the file are running Mac Excel 2008. Unfortunately, whenever I try to send it to them, they are unable to open the file getting an error saying The file might have been modified or damaged from its original format. However, whenever i send it to another user of Windows office 2007 they can open it without any proble...

Windows 2008
Hello, I want send Clustercommands, set Ressources Online/Offline, against a Cluster. We are using a Windows 2008 x64 SP2 Server. Unfortunately I didn't find any links in the web to help me for this question. Can anyone help me? * witch Power shell version do I need for this tasks * can you give me some Examples Thaks for your help Franz-Josef Only Server 2008 R2 comes with clustering cmdlets. For Server 2008, if you want to automate clustering, you will have to use cluster.exe. There's also at least one other interface: either WMI and/or COM (I can't ...

move to new windows server and upgrade sql server 2000 to 2008
Hi I need to move/upgrade one of our sql server (sql server 2000 SP4 on windows server 2003) to a new sql server 2008 on a new windows server 2003 R2 box. What is the best way to upgrade move the databases /logins etc. If I just backup and restore the database logins/passwords will not be transfered. dbdba -- ontario, canada db There is upgrade advisor for sql server 2008 , search on interent "db" <db@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:99D3A184-9888-4ABA-9A2F-AF2363302950@microsoft.com... > Hi > > I need to move/upgra...

There was an error reading the rules from the server.
I received the following error when opening Outlook 2000: 'There was an error reading the rules from the server. The format of the server rules was not recognized'. I have checked there are no rules set in the rules wizard. The server is running Exchange 2000. I tried outlook.exe /cleanrules but no good. I have searched on the Microsoft site and on here, but can't find any reference to this error. Has anyone ever come across it before? How should I take out any server-side rules from Exchange server itself? I haven't done it before. Thanks! There are a couple of tool...

IE7, webpages won't fit in a window?
When running IE8 many webpages open too wide for the window and they have to show a scroll bar at the bottom. I've switched back and forth from IE8 to IE7 to Firefox and only IE8 shows this behavior. The worst offender is the forums at Crackberry: http://forums.crackberry.com/ Any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks. -- XS11E, Killing all posts from Google Groups The Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org/ Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista 64-bit SP2) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so...

Outlook Rules #26
None of my rules are working automatically but when I run them manually they work correctly. I am getting a "Rules in Error" pop-up window when a specific rule is initiated. The phase below is in the pop-up window: "The folder you are trying to move or copy the message to can't be found. Make sure the rule refers to a valid folder." ...

Rules not working after profile change
1. I created a new mail profile to solve problem of email stuck in Outbox. 2, After re-starting Outlook, Rules to flag email and put in Alert window no longer work. 3. In Rules Wizard '(for other machine)' now appears after each Rule Name iin Wizard's first screen. 4. "On this Machine' is checked in options. Any ideas on how to get the rules to work again without redefining them? Thanks. Alan Unless you can open the old profile and remove the 'this machine only' tag, or remove it from the rule, you]'ll need to make new rules. -- Diane Poremsky [M...

how to stop a thread early in the process of closing a window
I have an MFC program that uses this thread to continuously update some animation: while (!m_StopFrameTrigger) { Sleep(10); Invalidate(false); } when I close the window, I often get errors. From the callstack I see that the last call was the above invalidate. I need to make sure this thread gets stopped before the window is closed. setting m_StopFrameTrigger to true in OnClose isn't fast/early enough. What might work? -j Don't use the sleep function Try to create a "waitable object" like Event, and use "wait" instead of sleep and with the timeout, and che...

Customising "Create order" window
When I want to create a Sales Order from my Quote, I have a "Create order" pop-up window, and there check-box "Close opportunity" is selected by default. Can I set up in someway the other check-box (don't know the exact name in English, must be something like "leave an opportunity opened") as selected by default for this web-form? ...

migrating windows Server 2003 to windows 2008 with Microsoft Dynam
Hi, Someone know, if exist any problem to migrate windows server 2003 to windows server 2008 with microsoft Dynamics GP 10.00 without any Service Pack? Microsoft Dynamics GP is only compatible with Windows Server 2008 on Service Pack 2. With this said, you can upgrade to Windows Server 2008 without the service pack, but will need to apply Service Pack 2 after the upgrade. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, PMP Maximum Global Business, LLC http://www.maximumglobalbusiness.com "Jorge" wrote: > Hi, > Someone know, if exist any problem to migrate windows serve...

Rule to forward email after user SENDS email
One of my users wants to forward all emails sent by her to another address. Rule wizard doesn't seem to have a situation that applies. The option to add a "CC" to the email isn't workable, as the receiver sees that address in the "CC" box. Forward (or BCC should work) is what I need...suggestions???? Thanks! Bob You can use a third party tool for this; http://www.sperrysoftware.com/Outlook/Always-BCC.asp?Source=RS If you decide to order use "BH93RF24" to get a discount -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office rela...

Exchange 2003/Windows 2003 Server getting "Virtual Memory Minimum Too Low" Popup Window
This is a new Dell server with 2GB of memory. I currently have the paging file set at 2046 - 4092 on two seperate drives which should be more than sufficient for this server. The server only has 10 low usage users on it currently. When going into task manager on that server currently, the PF Usage shows it's at 7.58GB. I have the recommended setting in the boot.ini for memory utilization and have another several other Exchange 2003 servers that are being taxed much more heavily than this server that have no problems. One of the servers only has 1 GB of memory with around 200 users an...

Rules Wizard #45
Hi, I use Outlook's Rules Wizard to eliminate most spam that comes into my inbox, by checking the "with specific words in the recipients address" box, and adding the offending address. But lately I've noticed that mail that is sent (To or CC) to "Spam" or "Webmaster" slips under the radar somehow. Any clues as to how to eliminate these messages?? ...