What controls what appears in the Title Bar?

I have a user who usually runs Outlook 2007 with several calendars open:
her own, and calendars of two other people in her department

If she has only her own calendar open the title bar says 'Calendar -
Microsoft Outlook'.  If she has these shared calendars open, the title bar
shows the name of one of the people who's calendar she has open, i.e. 'Bob
Smith - Microsoft Outlook'

She would like the title bar to display 'Calendar - Microsoft Outlook' all
the time, regardless of who's calendar she has open.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
Jim

By the way, our back end is Exchange 2007

0
jimcoo (7)

Jim Cooke <jimcoo@allstream.net> wrote:
> I have a user who usually runs Outlook 2007 with several calendars
> open: her own, and calendars of two other people in her department
>
> If she has only her own calendar open the title bar says 'Calendar -
> Microsoft Outlook'.  If she has these shared calendars open, the
> title bar shows the name of one of the people who's calendar she has
> open, i.e. 'Bob Smith - Microsoft Outlook'
>
> She would like the title bar to display 'Calendar - Microsoft
> Outlook' all the time, regardless of who's calendar she has open.
>
> Can this be done?
>
> Thanks,
> Jim
>
> By the way, our back end is Exchange 2007

This is default behavior and AFAIK can't be changed.
Personally, I think your user needs to get more fiber in her diet. ;-)

0
lanwench1 (65)

Task Category does not appear to sync between CRM 3.0 and Outlook
I've been trying to find a way to sync the category field on a CRM task with the outlook task categories. Is this possible? Have I missed something? Whatever category I set for a task in Outlook it is blank in CRM. The same is true the other direction. The tasks themselves seem to sync but the Category fields are unaffected. Any help would be appreciated. ....Steve This field is not synchronized and the mapping is not customizable. Maybe you could store the data in the subject field. -- Jason -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no ri...

scanning bar codes in pos
Is it possible to scan a bar code without having to press the enter key to make a transaction? It seems counter-productive to do it this way Frank, You should be able to program your scanner to add an 'ENTER' as a suffix to the scan. That is the way we do it. Marc "Frank" <nary@ec.rr.com> wrote in message news:1153175013.344333.97120@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to scan a bar code without having to press the enter key > to make a transaction? It seems counter-productive to do it this way > Some scanners require programming to s...

In Excel 2000, how do I add a vertical scroll bar to a split scre.
When I split my worksheet screen, I get an additional horizontal scroll bar but not a vertical. How do I rectify this? If it helps, what I am trying to do is lock two colums so that they don't scroll when other columns do, so that they always remain visible. Lisa Split won't allow that. Take the Split off and then Window>New Window to get two windows. Now Window>Arrange>Vertical to get them side by side. Resize the two column window. If you tire of this configuation, close one of the windows then save. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:37:03 -0800, &qu...

How do I make my tool bar icons larger?
I am just trying to enlarge my tool bar icons, i.e., the home, etc. Maybe there are some Accessibility options that can help (look in Control Panel)? If not, reducing the screen resolution is the only way. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Debbie T." <DebbieT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0852D8-DAD1-49EB-A08B-CA4D3E1BB293@microsoft.com... >I am just trying to enlarge my tool bar icons, i.e., the home, etc. > > "Debbie T." <DebbieT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6D0852D8-DAD1-49EB-...

Control charting #2
How did I build a true control chart that has the mean in the middle, the control limits; mean +-2(stdev) and mean +-3(stdev), see below. I have attempted to use both scatter and line charts and then manipulate the axis, but that only works for the X and Y axis and does not give me the mean line or control limits on the right. Ideas? I'm sure that I'm making this more difficult than I need.... mean+2(stdv)30.1 mean-2(stdv)13.3 Mean 21.7 mean+3(stdv)34.3 mean-3(stdv)9.1 Day # treated 1 25 2 19 3 17 4 15 5 20 6 24 7 30 8 19 9 16 10 23 Than...

appearance of the "to" in sent messages
First I would like to thank all the persons who kindly already helped me. I have another question, and I cannot find the answer in help (OL 2000). I setup my contact list, with the names, the way I want them to appear, the email address etc... When I want to send an email, I click on the contact I want, action, etc... When it is sent, it appears with the email of the person. For example, I would like "John" to appear, and I get (and he too) say.. john@msn.com. It would be more friendly, and I know it can be done, as I receive some to my name. what can I do ? Thanks ...

No Group dialog box appear when working in Pivot Table
I'm trying to group a range of dates in pivot table. According to help files a dialog box should appear when selecting Group..., but nothing happens except a grouping of the entire marked range. How do I go about in order to make the Grouping dialog box show? Best Regards PerD > PerD, This might be something particular to my set-up (XL2K), but I have to build the table initially by specifying the data range *exactly* (click'n'drag on the worksheet) for grouping dates to be an option. If I use a blanket source (eg: A:B) it won't cut it. Try it again from scratch, the...

controlling spam with MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml
Hi I need to know if there is a way of using a wild card word inconjunction with the MSExchange.UceContentFilter.xml. I will try to explain, recently our ISP who provide our first line spam filtering changed their methods of controlling spam and since this change we are getting alot more spam into our exchange systems. They delete obvious spam but the ones they are a little unsure about they now send it out and adjust the subject to include the word spam I now this sounds daft but just go along with it. So we are getting alot of spam with the different subjects all prefixed with {s...

How to insert date using a pop up calendar control in a cell in E.
It has to be simple to add a control to an excel worksheet so when a user clicks on a cell a calendar pops up allowing the selection of a date. I just can't figure out how to do it. 1. View..ToolBars...Control Toolbox 2. Click the button for More controls (looks like two hammers) 3. From the list Select "Microsoft Date Time Picker " 4. Drag on sheet for the size of the control 5. Turn off design mode (green triangle on the control toolbox) to use the DT control "sinned81" wrote: > It has to be simple to add a control to an excel worksheet so when a user &...

formula bar #7
I'm calculating simple percentages. I enter 5/10*100 and 50 appears in the cell. When I go back to that cell, what shows up in the formula bar is ..5*100. This makes it impossible for me to check to make sure I entered the correct numbers to begin with. Is there a way to make it keep the original formula in the formula bar when you return to the cell? Peter, If the cell is formatted for Percentage then enter =5/10 (equals fiv divide by 10) to produce 50% in the cell and =5/10 in the formula bar. The formula you are using suggests the cell is formatted to Number, bu if you enter =5/...

Bar Chart depicting the "percentage of another percentage(less than 100)"
I am trying to figure out how to create a progress chart that include two values. The first values (78%, 61%, 0%, 11%) represent the percentage o reports submitted. The second values (50%, 17%, 0%, 40%) represent the percentage o reports submitted that are complete. Does anyone know how to represent his on a graph -- TEA ----------------------------------------------------------------------- TEAM's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2281 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47947 Submitted Complete Al ...

Referring to control on subform
I have a parent form named fMemberInfo with a tab control called tabSubforms with a subform called fYInfoSubform with a combobox call cboSeqNo I would like to requery the combobox on the parent form's "OnCurrent" event. How do I refer to the comboxbox? On Thu, 3 Dec 2009 18:51:56 -0500, "Joseph Greenberg" <jjgfromnj@gmail.com> wrote: >I have a parent form named fMemberInfo >with a tab control called tabSubforms >with a subform called fYInfoSubform >with a combobox call cboSeqNo > >I would like to requery the combobox on t...

Controlling excel chart axis
Hi, I have automated plotting of charts of date v/s speed recorded on a particular day with date on the x-axis and speed on the y-axis for each car that is being tested say Focus, Escort and Ikon. The graph gets displayed properly for the first data selected (say Focus) from a combo box. Now, for the other selection, the graph axis are getting reversed i.e date is getting plotted on the y-axis and speed on the x-axis ! Is there some why to control this ? I’m using Excel with VBA. TIA Is it still the same type of chart? You must somehow be mixing up Values and XValues for ...

Google vs the new Windows Live Desktop Search (tool bar) and Outlook
a) Google finds everything and quickely b) Google Desktop Search crashes Outlook 2003 when a manual "send & recieve" is done with at least one HTTP account. c) The new Windows Live Tool Bar Desktop Search (with Outlook integration) is stable and has a nice "conversation" feature to follow an email "thread". d) The new Windows Desktop search fails to find email in Outlook Has anyone else experienced these issues and / or have solutions? Thank you Try Copernic Desktop Search. http://www.copernic.com/ I find it superior to both MS and Google Regards Mark D...

how do I assign a variable to a check box or radio control?
I need to assign the value of a radio control or check box when clicked on to a variable, preferably using the SetTemVar macro. Use the AfterUpdate of the control (if it's a stand-alone control), or of the option group (if it's part of an option group) to SetValue (in a macro) or assign the value (in code.) Not sure if it's really a good idea though. Considerations such as: - You can quite easily read the value from the form. - Doesn't work in versions of Access before 2007. - If it's a bound form, the tempvar would not be up to date when you move to a different recor...

Outlook tags outgoing email with 'Spam' on subject title
Outlook is somehow automatically attaching the word 'Spam' to the subject title of my outgoing emails! I'm not speaking of incoming messages that are filtered as Spam. I'm talking about outgoing messages that are tagged as 'Spam' in the subject heading by Outlook (and Outlook Express). Anyone know how I may end this? Thanks Dezzy Please Help...see below... >-----Original Message----- >Outlook is somehow automatically attaching the >word 'Spam' to the subject title of my outgoing emails! > >I'm not speaking of incoming messages that...

Convert File text box appears
I have the capability to to open resumes that have been submitted by potential future employees so that I can assign them to the correct department manager. Just recently I've started having a problem in that some of the resumes, after I launch them, I get a Convert File text window. I've tried every option in this list but I either get an error and nothing opens up or I get the boxes and other strange characters. I believe that the ones that I'm having problems with most likely were created in something other than Word, such as Works, Wordpad, Notepad, etc. I hav...

Bar Chart based on report calculations...
I am using Access 2002. I have a query with one field called txtUsedKnowledge that has four possible responses. They are Never, Small Extent, Moderate Extent and Great Extent. I did many calculations with these including counting them individually and getting the percent for each one based on the over all count. Now I would like to create a bar chart with the four responses listed that will update each time it's run. I created the chart but have to type in the figures for each response myself. Since the calculations are done on the report and not in the query is the...

Scroll Bar's bubble identifier
In Excel 2000, when u have a huge worksheet and u drag the scroll bar to jump into a specific row/column, it will show you an identifier in which row/column u have scrolled in to. But in Excel 2003, this feature seems to be taken out. Is there a way to enable it back or was it really taken out permanently? regards, Obrien >>But in Excel 2003, this feature seems to be taken out. Actually it disappeared in Excel 2002. The reason it was removed is that in Excel 2002+ the worksheet actually scrolls real-time as you drag the scroll bars. So it's not needed as you can see where...

navigation bar links
My navigation bar does not link correctly to all of the pages of my website. I have added pages and moved them around to get them in the right order. They do not link correctly when I preview my website. Any suggestions? -- raybie2305 Nevermind. I got it. -- raybie2305 "raybie2305" wrote: > My navigation bar does not link correctly to all of the pages of my website. > I have added pages and moved them around to get them in the right order. > They do not link correctly when I preview my website. Any suggestions? > -- > raybie2305 ...

how do i get my menu bar back?
I've lost my menu bar in Excel. I tried to enable Worksheet Menu bar, but that is not even listed in my toolbar section in the Customize box. Any other ideas? If you right click on any bar you have left (one with buttons on it) and go down to customise. you'll get a box appear with a tab on it labeled toolbars. Scroll to the bottom and tick the checkbox next to "worksheet menu bar" and it should come back. Let me know how you get on "Rienne" wrote: > I've lost my menu bar in Excel. I tried to enable Worksheet Menu bar, but > that is not ev...

ActiveX Controls #3
Hi, can any one tell me how to create and use activex control?? -- For all problems in ur life u r the only solution. Underdog wrote: > Hi, > can any one tell me how to create and use activex control?? Look for the CIRCLE tutorial in MSDN. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] Hi, Thanx for ur reply..but i tried that sample but its not working properly.....i.e when i tried changing the back color of the circle using the steps given in the sample it didnt work i.e the color is not changing .....Is there any other link for ActievX samples??? thanx in advance "Scott McPhillips...

ASP.Net 2005 Editable Drop down server control
Could any one share me open source code to customize Asp.net 2005 drop down control as an editable drop down control. This is an urgent requirement. Thanks in advance Check out the code at this link: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/aspnet/EditableDropdown.aspx - Dave "JPrasad." <JPrasad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:50FF9826-BB9B-4E99-9D73-745274229164@microsoft.com... > Could any one share me open source code to customize Asp.net 2005 drop > down > control as an editable drop down control. This is an urgent requirement. > > Thanks in a...

Outlool 2000 -TO: names appear when typed
Does anyone know if you can activate the automatic name feature in the To, CC box. That is, in Outlook 2000, if you begin to type a name in the To box can you get it to appear automatically. Right now I have to click on the "to" icon and then type in a name There's no autocomplete in OL2000 - you'd need to upgrade to OL2002/2003 for this. OL2000 has autoresolve - if you type "George" and then check names/press F9, it will try to look up George in your contacts/address books. Note - posting your valid e-mail address in a newsgroup post, or in your news accoun...

Hided values appears when I'm copying/pasting it to other worksheet
So, in one worksheet I have some data and there is some colums hided. When I selecting all that data and pasting to other worksheet, al these hided colums or rows values appears and I have to hide it again. Is there possibility to copy/paste in such way, that these hided value don't appear again? Thanks in advance Best Regards, Aivara -- Aivaras_Bakana ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Aivaras_Bakanas's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2518 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threa...