Watch/Ignore in outlook, Auto Complete addresses, next/prev and Print Option

I have a few questions about Outlook 2003 for the experts here,

In outlook express, we could use watch/ignore to Highlight a message, and all new messages with same subject would be highlighted (watched) with the eyeglass icon. I couldn't find anything on Outlook. There is only Flag, which doesn't highlight or do anything to the next messages.

The auto complete in Outlook address field (when sending) is not Auto-Completing for some reason. It will only check for addresses if i say Check addresses or click on send. How can I force it to auto complete the address as I type? Yes, the auto complete option is selected. I found that sometimes it will auto complete if I sent an e-mail to the recipient before..

In reading pane, I used "Advanced" toolbar and added "Print" button from File submenu. But that print button won't let me choose if I want to print 1 page or all pages, etc. It is giving me a strange print setup screen.

And last question can we add next/previous buttons to the reading pane? I tried everything, but I cannot find that.  With OE, we could use Next Unread of newsgroups to do this.

I apologize for asking too many questions, I didn't want to start multiple threads.

Thanks in advance.

Bad idea. Start multiple threads. The odds of one person having the time and
information to answer all your questions at one time is vanishingly small.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"hyedipin" <herseyburda@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a few questions about Outlook 2003 for the experts here,
>
> In outlook express, we could use watch/ignore to Highlight a message, and
> all new messages with same subject would be highlighted (watched) with the
> eyeglass icon. I couldn't find anything on Outlook. There is only Flag,
> which doesn't highlight or do anything to the next messages.
>
> The auto complete in Outlook address field (when sending) is not
> Auto-Completing for some reason. It will only check for addresses if i say
> Check addresses or click on send. How can I force it to auto complete the
> address as I type? Yes, the auto complete option is selected. I found that
> sometimes it will auto complete if I sent an e-mail to the recipient
> before..
>
> In reading pane, I used "Advanced" toolbar and added "Print" button from
> File submenu. But that print button won't let me choose if I want to print
> 1 page or all pages, etc. It is giving me a strange print setup screen.
>
> And last question can we add next/previous buttons to the reading pane? I
> tried everything, but I cannot find that.  With OE, we could use Next
> Unread of newsgroups to do this.
>
> I apologize for asking too many questions, I didn't want to start multiple
> threads.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
russval1 (2100)
11/8/2007 9:35:40 PM
hyedipin <herseyburda@hotmail.com> wrote:

> In outlook express, we could use watch/ignore to Highlight a message,
> and all new messages with same subject would be highlighted (watched)
> with the eyeglass icon. I couldn't find anything on Outlook. There is
> only Flag, which doesn't highlight or do anything to the next
> messages.

A search folder would work for this, but it's not as simple to set up at the
Watch option in OE.

> The auto complete in Outlook address field (when sending) is not
> Auto-Completing for some reason. It will only check for addresses if
> i say Check addresses or click on send. How can I force it to auto
> complete the address as I type? Yes, the auto complete option is
> selected. I found that sometimes it will auto complete if I sent an
> e-mail to the recipient before..

Usually caused by a damaged mail profile.  Create a new one.

> In reading pane, I used "Advanced" toolbar and added "Print" button
> from File submenu. But that print button won't let me choose if I
> want to print 1 page or all pages, etc. It is giving me a strange
> print setup screen.

Outlook's print styles don't allow printing selections.  Open the message,
change the format to HTML, and you'll be able to print portions of the
message.

> And last question can we add next/previous buttons to the reading
> pane? I tried everything, but I cannot find that.  With OE, we could
> use Next Unread of newsgroups to do this.

If you open messages to read them, the standard toolbar will have Previous
Item and Next Item buttons on it.  It doesn 't seem possible to move them to
the main Outlook toolbars, though.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/9/2007 1:46:13 AM
Thanks for the replies, but this is incredible. It is such a shame that many
options/features have been replaced/removed in Outlook, that were very useful
in Outlook Express.

What I do generally, Send out e-mails in various intervals, during those
times, I just go ahead and flag some of those e-mails if they are complete,
or if I got a response to those e-mails. So all of my e-mails sent out
yesterday, if I get a reply to them, I just go ahead and flag them, the flag
means, that e-mail is complete/ or got a response back.

This is an incredible function that is missing in Outlook... ability to SENT
messages with something on them if you got a reply back. You know, when you
reply, it puts a little arrow on them, something like that. :(
0
hyedipin (4)
11/12/2007 9:09:03 PM
"hyedipin" <hyedipin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the replies, but this is incredible. It is such a shame that
> many
> options/features have been replaced/removed in Outlook, that were very
> useful
> in Outlook Express.

Don't confuse the two products because they have a similar name.  Two
completely, totally different products.  Different teams building them.
Different Organizations.  Outlook Express is built by Windows, Outlook is
built by Office.  They are as similar as Aviator Gin and Aviator Sunglasses.

Just an aside.

--
f.h.

0
f.h.muffman (751)
11/12/2007 9:56:10 PM
Yeah, I know they are completely different products, but honestly, if they
merged them together, with all the functions from each other, they would have
a one killer e-mail client...
I would possibly keep Outlook Express if I wasn't getting Memory problems
when searching 5 year old e-mails, and only if OE had Calender. :)

Thanks for the input.
0
hyedipin (4)
11/12/2007 10:10:34 PM
"hyedipin" <hyedipin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks for the replies, but this is incredible. It is such a shame that
> many
> options/features have been replaced/removed in Outlook, that were very
> useful
> in Outlook Express.
>
> What I do generally, Send out e-mails in various intervals, during those
> times, I just go ahead and flag some of those e-mails if they are
> complete,
> or if I got a response to those e-mails. So all of my e-mails sent out
> yesterday, if I get a reply to them, I just go ahead and flag them, the
> flag
> means, that e-mail is complete/ or got a response back.
>
> This is an incredible function that is missing in Outlook...

I can flag messages in my Sent Items folder......or are you meaning
something completely different?

0
gbplinux (1141)
11/12/2007 10:13:47 PM
hyedipin <hyedipin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> What I do generally, Send out e-mails in various intervals, during
> those times, I just go ahead and flag some of those e-mails if they
> are complete, or if I got a response to those e-mails. So all of my
> e-mails sent out yesterday, if I get a reply to them, I just go ahead
> and flag them, the flag means, that e-mail is complete/ or got a
> response back.
>
> This is an incredible function that is missing in Outlook... ability
> to SENT messages with something on them if you got a reply back. You
> know, when you reply, it puts a little arrow on them, something like
> that. :(

Isn't that what receipts are for?
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]
0

Brian, receipts won't help you in that situation. There is no way of
remembering if you got a receipt or reply on a message you sent, with an
indication next to it. I sent an e-mail to you last week, and maybe you
replied two days ago. If I am going through my sent e-mails, check if all of
those are complete, it would be nice if something indicated that after you
sent that e-mail, you had a response to it. That could only be achieved by
Outlook adding a digital invisible stamp on each sent e-mail, and expect to
have that stamp once you get a reply, therefore noting on the "Sent" e-mail
that you had a reply back to that message. Am I asking too much, or is there
an alternative way of doing this (other than flagging messages).
0
hyedipin (4)
11/13/2007 2:57:01 PM
hyedipin <hyedipin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Brian, receipts won't help you in that situation. There is no way of
> remembering if you got a receipt or reply on a message you sent, with
> an indication next to it. I sent an e-mail to you last week, and
> maybe you replied two days ago. If I am going through my sent
> e-mails, check if all of those are complete, it would be nice if
> something indicated that after you sent that e-mail, you had a
> response to it.

If you request a receipt and a receipt is received, there will be a tracking
tab for the message.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

0
tillman1952 (16052)
11/13/2007 9:52:35 PM

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

> hyedipin <hyedipin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Brian, receipts won't help you in that situation. There is no way of
> > remembering if you got a receipt or reply on a message you sent, with
> > an indication next to it. I sent an e-mail to you last week, and
> > maybe you replied two days ago. If I am going through my sent
> > e-mails, check if all of those are complete, it would be nice if
> > something indicated that after you sent that e-mail, you had a
> > response to it.
>
> If you request a receipt and a receipt is received, there will be a tracking
> tab for the message.
> --
> Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

OK. Thank You. I will check that. For now, I just put a shortcut on the icon
bar, that marks messages "Completed" with check mark directly.
0
hyedipin (4)

print
how can i print from clistctrl without using CView This article might help you out. I haven't tried this one yet, but it's worth a look: http://www.codeproject.com/Purgatory/printlistctrl.asp Tom "mido1971" <mido1971@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA6BFE63-983C-41E3-B95B-DE9491881E41@microsoft.com... > how can i print from clistctrl without using CView ...

Print Screen Key disabled

invalid email address

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

option button
Hi I need some help! I have a column with results from a survey. The results are in text but do have a ranking, e.g. the results can be A,B,C,D or E. I now want to create an option button or similar where I can let the user choose to cap the results so e.g. the maximum result is a B and then all A results should show up as B's. Is this possible? Thanks You'll need a helper column to do this. Try something like this: =IF(B3<=C$1,C$1,B3) B3 is the survey result, C1 is the "Cap" value. HTH, Barb Reinhardt "Andreas" wrote: > Hi > > I need som...

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

cannot open hyper links in outlook

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03