warning mail then password Expired

Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5
days before your user password on the domaine expires ??
0
Peter9980 (3)

"Driogan" <Peter@driogan.dk> wrote in message
> Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5
> days before your user password on the domaine expires ??

There's already a warning that can be set when the User logs on.......

0
gbplinux (1141)
11/27/2007 10:41:23 AM
On 27 Nov., 11:41, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> "Driogan" <Pe...@driogan.dk> wrote in message

> > Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5
> > days before your user password on the domaine expires ??
>
> There's already a warning that can be set when the User logs on.......

Yes, I know, but we have some users, there is working from home and
using webmail..
0
Peter9980 (3)
11/27/2007 10:56:21 AM
You would have to develop a script/program that reads this information from
Active Directory and sends e-mail notification when required.

Other than that and not sure if you use Microsoft Exchange, but if your site
does, do you have the option turned on in Outlook Web Access that lets users
change their domain password?  Reason I ask is that if this feature is
turned on, OWA should display a notification in the web application
interface when it gets close to that time.

> On 27 Nov., 11:41, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
>> "Driogan" <Pe...@driogan.dk> wrote in message

>> > Hi, I was thinking is there a way, that you can get a warning email 5
>> > days before your user password on the domaine expires ??
>>
>> There's already a warning that can be set when the User logs on.......
>
> Yes, I know, but we have some users, there is working from home and
> using webmail..

0
Neo (372)
11/27/2007 12:05:45 PM
On 27 Nov., 13:05, "neo [mvp outlook]"
<n...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> You would have to develop a script/program that reads this information fro=
> Active Directory and sends e-mail notification when required.
>
> Other than that and not sure if you use Microsoft Exchange, but if your si=
te
> does, do you have the option turned on in Outlook Web Access that lets use=
rs
> change their domain password?  Reason I ask is that if this feature is
> turned on, OWA should display a notification in the web application
> interface when it gets close to that time.
>
> "Driogan" <Pe...@driogan.dk> wrote in message

> > On 27 Nov., 11:41, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> >> "Driogan" <Pe...@driogan.dk> wrote in message

..

> >> There's already a warning that can be set when the User logs on.......
>
> > Yes, I know, but we have some users, there is working from home and
> > using webmail..- Skjul tekst i anf=F8rselstegn -
>
> - Vis tekst i anf=F8rselstegn -

We are running Microsoft Exchange Server, and the users can change
password in OWA, but thye dont get a warning email, or any form of
warning in OWA
0
Peter9980 (3)
11/27/2007 12:18:10 PM
What version of Microsoft Exchange?

On 27 Nov., 13:05, "neo [mvp outlook]"
<n...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> You would have to develop a script/program that reads this information
> from
> Active Directory and sends e-mail notification when required.
>
> Other than that and not sure if you use Microsoft Exchange, but if your
> site
> does, do you have the option turned on in Outlook Web Access that lets
> users
> change their domain password?  Reason I ask is that if this feature is
> turned on, OWA should display a notification in the web application
> interface when it gets close to that time.
>
> "Driogan" <Pe...@driogan.dk> wrote in message

> > On 27 Nov., 11:41, "Gordon" <gbpli...@gmail.com.invalid> wrote:
> >> "Driogan" <Pe...@driogan.dk> wrote in message

> >> There's already a warning that can be set when the User logs on.......
>
> > Yes, I know, but we have some users, there is working from home and
> > using webmail..- Skjul tekst i anf�rselstegn -
>
> - Vis tekst i anf�rselstegn -

We are running Microsoft Exchange Server, and the users can change
password in OWA, but thye dont get a warning email, or any form of
warning in OWA

0
Neo (372)
11/27/2007 8:53:23 PM
by the way, i need the version of the operating system as well.

I should let you know, that the thought I have in mind doesn't send an
e-mail.  the one i have in mind is when they logon to owa, there is a
notification panel that states there password is about to expire.  if you
need an e-mail to be sent, then you have to roll your own code or using
something like http://www.sysoptools.com/password-reminder-pro.html

"neo [mvp outlook]" <neo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> What version of Microsoft Exchange?
>
> "Driogan" <Peter@driogan.dk> wrote in message
> On 27 Nov., 13:05, "neo [mvp outlook]"
> <n...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> You would have to develop a script/program that reads this information
>> from
>> Active Directory and sends e-mail notification when required.
>>
>> Other than that and not sure if you use Microsoft Exchange, but if your
>> site
>> does, do you have the option turned on in Outlook Web Access that lets
>> users
>> change their domain password?  Reason I ask is that if this feature is
>> turned on, OWA should display a notification in the web application
>> interface when it gets close to that time.
>>
>> "Driogan" <Pe...@driogan.dk> wrote in message

>> > Yes, I know, but we have some users, there is working from home and
>> > using webmail..- Skjul tekst i anf�rselstegn -
>>
>> - Vis tekst i anf�rselstegn -
>
> We are running Microsoft Exchange Server, and the users can change
> password in OWA, but thye dont get a warning email, or any form of
> warning in OWA

0
Neo (372)

Lost Junk E-mail folder
I have a user that has deleted thier junk e-mail folder. I was wondering how to get it back. If I just make a new folder called junk e-mail then it doesn't have the "empty" option. Outlook calls these special folders. thanks Z ...

E-mail auto deleting
In our office one of the users has a problem with Outlook choosing someone (usually from the corporate address book) and deleting their e-mails automatically. It acts just like she'd set up a rule to delete the e-mail, but I cannot locate anything she has done wrong. I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Office on her workstation. It didn't change anything. She's using Outlook XP and we have an Exchange server 5.5. HELP! ...

Windows Live Password
Anyone else experiencing Windows Live Password problems tonight? In microsoft.public.money, William Smith wrote: >Anyone else experiencing Windows Live Password problems tonight? Several Money 2004 and earlier users have reported problems. What program are you using? I am using Moneyplus, on WindowsXP, I get continual error messages the email address or password is incorrect. It is not incorrect, I can sign onto msn with the email address and password. "Cal Learner-- MVP" <via_newsgroup@please.tnx> wrote in message news:noj3n31pi4tqvjgdbiah9sp3rgsgm8ki8t@4ax.com...

How do I block receiving mailes from some one ???

ASP CDO mail issies
HI, I was using the built in SMTP 2003 server and recently upgraded to Exchange 2003. When I submit my contact form from my website, I get this error. CDO.Message.1 error '80070005' Access is denied. /cgi-bin/email.asp, line 35 Thanks for any help here. David I found this fix that worked for me. Hope it helps anyone else that may encounter the problem I posted. "I posted this problem before. Now I found out solution post here, It may help other people with same problem. Just for Reference Only. It does NOT imply any guarantte. Since the Exchange 2003 installed...

Sending e-mail from Access
After searching all morning and finding a lot of messages about codes (SendObject) and macros (which I know nothing about), I finally found Wayne's answer (below) on how to send e-mails to individual contacts in our Contact Management database (which I created based on a sample CM database I downloaded from Microsoft.) It works great!! However, I already have over 900 email addresses in my EmailAddress field (we have over 1600 records, but many are missing this data). Is there an easy way to add "MailTo:" in front of the ones already in the database? Also, the Contac...

Mail folders are disappearing without being deleted.
Folders from both "Favorites" and "All Mail Folders" are disappearing and cannot be found anywhere. They are not being deleted. There one day, gone the next, along with all of the emails contained therein. Running Outlook 2003, SP3. Does anyone have a fix? My IT department thinks I am doing something wrong! Do they recover automatically as well? Which mail account type are you using? If Exchange, do they still show in Outlook Web Access (OWA)? If so, it sounds like your ost-file holds a corruption. Rename it to .old when Outlook is closed and have Outloo...

unable to send mail 09-07-10
i get this message. i did not have a problem til 3 days ago. The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'address', Account: 'incoming.verizon.net', Server: 'outgoing.verizon.net', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 10013, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Looks like you are running into a port 25 block. When you got that error message, was your Internet connection being obtained from Verizon? I'm not sure if Verizon supports it, but try changing port 25 to port = 587 for the outgoing server. If you need more help, tell us ...

Lost my passwords for sheet protection
Help, lost my password for sheet protection and am not able to make changes. Anyone know how to get around this? Thanks, Skitiludrp Hi Skitiludrp, Don't worry, there are many simple tools available to download online that can recover the passwords in Excel files. Many such tools are free or very cheap. I quote from a recent post which I hope may prove helpful to you... Please do not attempt to access a file unless you are authorised to do so. --- Original Message --- >There are a number of very good password cracking & recovery programs available, many of which can easily be...

Outlook 2003 keeps setting itself as my default e-mail client
Hello Outlook 2003 - I have unchecked the box in Tools --> options --> other that says "make outlook the default program for e-mail, contacts, and calender" Still every time I open outlook it resets itself as my default email client... Anyone know how to resolve this problem? Thanks manish500@hotmail.com <manish500@hotmail.com> wrote: > Outlook 2003 - I have unchecked the box in Tools --> options --> other > that says "make outlook the default program for e-mail, contacts, and > calender" > > Still every time I open outlook it resets ...

Password Protected PST
Do you know if there is a way at check if a personal folder is password protected via the registry? I read some of the other posts, and it seems that they only way to determine if a pst is password protected is by checking programmatically if the store can be added. I need to be able to identify whether a personal folder is password protected. Bunny <Bunny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Do you know if there is a way at check if a personal folder is > password protected via the registry? I read some of the other posts, > and it seems that they only way to determine ...

Password rejected!
Recently I re-installed WinXP, and also Money 2003 for that matter. Now I'm unable to access my Money file with the following message whenever I key in my last accepted password (before the re-installation): "The password you entered was incorrect. Please try again. You may have made a typing error or typed the password for a different file." HELP!!!!!! After days of agony, finally I found out the problem source - Compaq & Microsoft! When I first got the Presario notebook recently, the PC was already pre-installed with Money 2003. I was pretty impressed with the speech-...

outlook 2002 passwords #2
i recently upgraded outlook 2000 to 2002. now the new version is asking for a password to access my personal folder. i cannot remember the password and the old version remembered it in the password list. how do i change, or access the password? help!!! ...

Outlook 2002 Junk mail
Outlook 2002 puts unmarked email in junk email folder that is not marked as such. Nor has it ever been marked as junk email as it is from my wife from another computer. It just does it and you can not change it back to normal as when you do it will put one of the same email in the inbox and the same one in the junk email. So now you have 2 copies of the same letter: I junk email and 1 in the inbox. Crazy! It works fine for a while after formatting the hard drive and usually will change after an Office update or so I think. No virus's, no adware and no spyware. ...

Exporting Outlook Mailing Address to Excel ?
I'm using Office 2003 on Windows XP. I have an Outlook contact database in which individual contacts may have more than one address, with the mailing address indicated via the "This Is The Mailing Address" indicator. However, when I try to export some basic details to Excel from Outlook, via Outlook's "Export To A File" function, when I get to "Map Custom Fields" this area does not appear to give me the option of stipulating 'Mailing Address'. Is there a way that I can export just the mailing address from Outlook to Excel? My problem is that the...

Can saved MS publisher documents be password protected and how?
Hello, I'd like to make some confidential Publisher documents password protected - so that only I can open them. Can this be done and if so, how? I can not find any info on this in the online or program help options. Cheers There are several programs that can password protect files and even folders; one I've used is EasyFP. A nice feature with Easy FP is a file can not be deleted from your hard drive without the password; a little extra protection. EasyFP http://www.easyfp.com/ or you can do a google search for file encryption for other programs. -- Don - Publisher 2000...

Mail Merging #2
I need to mail merge about 900 names & addresses from a query that I pulled & put into an Excel spreadsheet onto sheets of 3 postcards per sheet. I would like to know how to do that from Publisher 2000. Ed looks left. Ed looks right. No-one is there. Furtively, Ed picks up a note from Beth <Beth@discussions.microsoft.com>. On it is written: > I need to mail merge about 900 names & addresses from a query that I > pulled & put into an Excel spreadsheet onto sheets of 3 postcards per > sheet. I would like to know how to do that from Publisher 2000. Step 1: Remo...

Mail delete date
Can I sort the items in delete folder in deleted date? I don't think you can. I'm not sure if deleted date is a field Outlook maintains. "Lok Tak Cheong" <tc.lok@adckrone.com> wrote in message news:uMvGfxPkFHA.2484@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Can I sort the items in delete folder in deleted date? Yes you can. �f you add "modified" column and you didn't change item then deleted you can sort item in modified date (~deleted date). Evren Arslan "Lok Tak Cheong" <tc.lok@adckrone.com> wrote in message news:uMvGfxPkFHA.2484@TK2MSF...

inserting animatins in Windows live mail
Have tried all the various methods of inserting photos and other formats into new messages however the animation in gif images does not work. The image will appear but no animation. Have tried the inline and photo layout versions but no success. Did not have this problem with any other mail versions I have used in the past. Is there a simple solution I am missing???? I prefer to stay with Windows Live Mail after using windows Mail with Vista which was very similar to this version with Windows 7. Insert | Image | Inline. It will be animated /after/ you send it. -- ...

Problem sending e-mails with Outlook & SBC Yahoo DSL
I have been unable to fix a problem and am looking for help. I have Outlook 2000. I also have SBC Yahoo DSL. I have spent hours on the phone trying to fix this problem, reloaded my software, etc. I can recieve e-mail from the SBC Yahoo DSL server with my Outlook, but cannot send e- mails. The error message I get is 0x800ccc0f. I know this means the outgoing mail server does not recognize and log me in, but does anyone know a way to change this? SBC made sure my settings were correct, but the problem persists. They claim it is an Outlook problem, but it never happened with other ISP...

CRM 3.0 doesn't send mail to customers
Hi All I've Installed CRM 3.0 on a domain, and a second Exchange Server 2003 to handle the users' mailboxes. The Exchange Router was installed, and the rules were deployed. I use the Web Client, and created a new customer (the DB is empty), and assigned an email address. But when I send a mail to that customer, the customer doesn't receipt the mail, but the customer's history shows as completed those mails. The second Exchange Server relays all mails to the first Exchange on the organisation. Any idea to put to work the mail? Thanks -- Luis Quiroz On Apr 16, 5...

Is there any ultimate password protection in Excel
I was amazed to see how many different ways there are to unlocking workbooks/sheets if the password to unprotect them is not known. I need to send a workbook to a customer, but I dont want them to see one of the worksheets therein. I have therefore hidden the worksheet, and protected all the worksheets and the workbook. However, judging by some of the answers on here, my customer could have the hidden worksheet open in seconds! What else can I do to stop him finding the password to the workbook and unhiding everything? Thanks, MW see your other post >-----Original Message----- &...

how do i get rid of outlook mail and get msn mail back
i hate this , now when i try and send an email out from a site i get "outlook" mail how the heck did i get this where is my MSN mail? how do i fix this? i want my msn mail or hotmail back. -- GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS The default e-mail application is configured in Windows control panel, except where you have a Gmail account and the Google toolbar when it is configured additionally in the Google toolbar. It has nothing whatsoever to do with Word. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><&...

VB6
Hi All, I used this code to automatically generate e-mails and it worked great on my development machine. When I went to test it at my customer site, I continue to receive the following error: Run-time error 429. Active X component cannot create." This occurs when it gets to the line Set olApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application"). Any suggestions on how to fix this issue or what is causing it? In addition, another terminal is receiving the error: Run-time error -48. Error is loading dll. Does anyone know the dll file name that needs to go with the MSOUTL.olb file? -- Th...

Junk Mail Glitch in Outlook 2003
If you EVER (intentionally or accidentally) label a sender as Junk Mail, nothing seems to work to fix it. I have tried the following: Adding sender to Safe Sender; editing Junk Mail list to remove the email address; remove the email address from Blocked Senders; marking email from the sender (once retrieved from the Junk Mail folder) as Mark as Not Junk. I have removed the email address and re-entered it. I have written a rule to allow email from that email address. NONE of it works. Once listed as Junk Mail, it cannot be redirected as an acceptable, allowable sender. It wi...