Wanted: Outlook Expert for Personal Assistance

Hello,

I'm looking for an Outlook expert who is willing to provide me with
personal assistance for a couple of problems that I've been having.
Ideally phone assistance would be best, but instant messaging would
also work.  I'd like to find someone who really knows his/her stuff and
I will of course be paying for the help.

I've been having various problems with Outlook for the last week and
even after a fresh install received a software exception error forcing
me to shutdown.  Additionally, I have a repeating Warning message in my
Event Viewer ... "The MOF file created for the Outlook service could
not be loaded."

I've already tried using places like Geek Squad and my local computer
shop, but it's beyond frustrating because their normal response is
"let's reinstall Office" without even addressing the issue or listening
to the research I've done.  I want to speak with someone who honestly
knows what he/she is talking about.

Any takers can e-mail me.  Thank you for your time and to everyone who
participates in this group.

~Heidi

0
heidiann (3)

Are you using Outlook Express or Outlook
heidiann@gmail.com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'm looking for an Outlook expert who is willing to provide me with
> personal assistance for a couple of problems that I've been having.
> Ideally phone assistance would be best, but instant messaging would
> also work.  I'd like to find someone who really knows his/her stuff and
> I will of course be paying for the help.
>
> I've been having various problems with Outlook for the last week and
> even after a fresh install received a software exception error forcing
> me to shutdown.  Additionally, I have a repeating Warning message in my
> Event Viewer ... "The MOF file created for the Outlook service could
> not be loaded."
>
> I've already tried using places like Geek Squad and my local computer
> shop, but it's beyond frustrating because their normal response is
> "let's reinstall Office" without even addressing the issue or listening
> to the research I've done.  I want to speak with someone who honestly
> knows what he/she is talking about.
>
> Any takers can e-mail me.  Thank you for your time and to everyone who
> participates in this group.
>
> ~Heidi

Outlook 2003.

~Heidi

Ashu wrote:
> Are you using Outlook Express or Outlook
> heidiann@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > I'm looking for an Outlook expert who is willing to provide me with
> > personal assistance for a couple of problems that I've been having.
> > Ideally phone assistance would be best, but instant messaging would
> > also work.  I'd like to find someone who really knows his/her stuff and
> > I will of course be paying for the help.
> >
> > I've been having various problems with Outlook for the last week and
> > even after a fresh install received a software exception error forcing
> > me to shutdown.  Additionally, I have a repeating Warning message in my
> > Event Viewer ... "The MOF file created for the Outlook service could
> > not be loaded."
> >
> > I've already tried using places like Geek Squad and my local computer
> > shop, but it's beyond frustrating because their normal response is
> > "let's reinstall Office" without even addressing the issue or listening
> > to the research I've done.  I want to speak with someone who honestly
> > knows what he/she is talking about.
> >
> > Any takers can e-mail me.  Thank you for your time and to everyone who
> > participates in this group.
> >
> > ~Heidi

0
heidiann (3)
9/11/2006 12:48:35 AM
Requests for personal assistance are frowned upon in a community news group.
It does no one except you any good and the answer, which could apply to
myriad other potential posters, is never known.

Ask your questions here, give complete details about your configuration,
error messages, when it began and what changes you made prior to it
happening and someone here can help you for free, as well as have the answer
available for anyone else to see in the archives of this group.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, heidiann@gmail.com asked:

| Hello,
|
| I'm looking for an Outlook expert who is willing to provide me with
| personal assistance for a couple of problems that I've been having.
| Ideally phone assistance would be best, but instant messaging would
| also work.  I'd like to find someone who really knows his/her stuff
| and I will of course be paying for the help.
|
| I've been having various problems with Outlook for the last week and
| even after a fresh install received a software exception error forcing
| me to shutdown.  Additionally, I have a repeating Warning message in
| my Event Viewer ... "The MOF file created for the Outlook service
| could not be loaded."
|
| I've already tried using places like Geek Squad and my local computer
| shop, but it's beyond frustrating because their normal response is
| "let's reinstall Office" without even addressing the issue or
| listening to the research I've done.  I want to speak with someone
| who honestly knows what he/she is talking about.
|
| Any takers can e-mail me.  Thank you for your time and to everyone who
| participates in this group.
|
| ~Heidi

0
MillyS (3228)

Override Outlook Security Pop-up
Does anyone know how to override the Outlook security popup? We are integrating an application that automatically generates an email. Unfortunately, for every rule, it pops up a dialog box asking if we are sure we want to send mail. How do I get around this popup? Thanks in advance! Kit See if the information on the following page helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** "Kit Adams...

How to use outlook address in Excel
Hello, I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I keep all my contact-data of my customers. So, I want to select a customer from my Outlook contactlist when I am writing a new invoice in Excel. In Word, I have a macro which does this, but unfortunately the Application.GetAddress does not work in Excel. Can somebody help me ? "Henny Slokker" wrote: > Hello, > > I have an Excel sheet which I use as an invoicing-application. I would like > to retrieve address-data from Outlook where I...

Outlook 2000 under Win98
Hi, Have a machine with Win98 and Outlook 2000. I am giving this machine to another user. The problem that I have is that when I start Outlook 2000, it has the previous user name in the splash screen. here are the things that I have tried. 1. Uninstall Outlook 2000 (twice) 2. Delete all occurances of Outlook in Registry 3. Reinstall Outlook 2000 (twice) 4. Delete .pwl files And still when I reinstall again, I entered a new user name in the installation process. After that, I start Outlook and still have the previous user name. Note: Don't really want to reinstall Win98. Any s...

impossible to access the "news" from outlook 2003
I wanted to set-up my newsgroups access In outlook 2003. I followed the documented procedure (toolbar/standard/customize) from the help menu to add the "News" selection to the "GO" menu. It worked but when I exited Outlook and got back later the "news" menu disappeared. I tried to reinstate it following the same installation procedure but the News option is no more available in the "toolbar/customize list". Looks like a bug. Has anybody faced the same issue ? Is there a workaround to access the Newsgroup interface ? Thanks, Laurent conflicts ...

How do I add vertical lines to separate columns in Outlook 2003 #2
In Outlook 2000, all columns were separated by a gray vertical line. I can't seem to set this up in Outlook 2003. Any help would be appreciated ARe you using Word as the message editor? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, mschwartz asked: | In Outlook 2000, all columns were separated by a gray | vertical line. I can't seem to set this up in O...

After Re-Install
HELP!!! After a crash and a re-install of Office we are now getting user name and password errors in Outlook 2002. We can access the same accounts via a www interface with the same account information. PLEASE help. I've downloaded all the service packs for XP and Office and I've tried un-installing and re-installing including deleting all of the profile information I can find and deleting Outlook's registry, but to no avail. I'm obviously missing something. Any help would be fabulous. Please e-mail Monica@ViaSollertia.co.nz Thanks so much!!! Monica ...

How do I transfer Outlook 2003 to my laptop
Is this possible? I bought Office 2007 Home but it doesn't contain outlook. Outlook is on my desktop. Desktop running windows XP on both computers. Thanks "deborah" <deborah@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3C23711-925C-41F9-A3D1-9B2C24DA6083@microsoft.com... > Is this possible? I bought Office 2007 Home but it doesn't contain > outlook. > Outlook is on my desktop. Desktop running windows XP on both computers. > > Thanks Find the disk from which you installed Outlook onto your desktop and put it in the CDROM drive of the laptop....

Limits on Exporting Outlook Contact Data
Anyone know how to get custom fields, follow-up flags, and/or the "contacts" (links between contacts) from MS Outlook 2003 to Excel, CSV, Goldmine, or Act? The standard export utility in Outlook does not offer export of these fields. Most important is the links between contacts. You'd have to write your own code to do this. A key issue would be what information from the linked contact(s) you want to include. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode....

Outlook: Can't open JPEG files
I have Outlook 2000 an unable to open JPEG files. What setting has to be changed to open these files? ...

why can't I get outlook to send when I'm emailing a webpage?
Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately opens with the email template but it is always missing the send button and there is no option under actions to send it either. What is going on? Thanks!!! If you tell us your Outlook version and Windows version, and exactly what you're doing to send the page, then you'll have a better chance of getting a response. The Internet Explorer version might also be helpful. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "reinadelmar" wrote: > Hi. When I try to email a webpage to someone, Outlook immediately...

GUID/Outlook format link giving error "Unable to open the seleted folder or item"
Hi, I have created custom forms in multiple public Outlook folders and when I send the GUID type link to the user, they receive an error: "Unable to open the seleted folder or item". The same happens if I send the Outlook type link. However, if I ask the user to go to the folder and find the appropriate posting, then the form opens and after that the link works, too. Is this due to some Exchange server setting? My clients are not the type that tolerate opening the form the long way, they want a one click solution. Please help, this is driving my team crazy. Any ideas are welcome...

End user wants to create items in Global Address List
I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do this? Douglas he would have to have Exchange permissions, and that isn't a particularly good idea... "Douglas McIver" <douglas@nospam.com> wrote in message news:OFGd$QhiEHA.1104@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I have an end user who wants to be able to create distribution lists and > entries in the global address list. Any idea how I can configure him to do > this? > > Douglas > > ...

I want to be able to scroll smoothly rather than one cell at a ti.
I want to be able to view my Excel file a certain way, but when I use the scrollbar, it only lets me scroll based on the widths of the cells. I want to be able to scroll smoothly. I want to be able to view partial cells, without being forced to view the entire cell. If i want to have some border cells surrounding the information of interest, it doesn;t let me partially exclude them from view. Please fix this so that I can view my files the way I want to view them. I can scroll "smoothly" ... using my mouse! *Clicking* the scroll wheel brings up a 4 headed arrow "thi...

Customizing Outlook 2003 toolbar
I want to customize my Outlook 2003 toolbar. I know how to add buttons, but how do I customize the button groupings by adding the vertical slash /separator? I can't find the separator in any of the categories/commands in the customize dialog box. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks Jim "Jim" <kraskamess@dakotacomm.net> wrote: >I want to customize my Outlook 2003 toolbar. I know how to add buttons, but >how do I customize the button groupings by adding the vertical slash >/separator? I can't find the separator in any of the categories/commands in >the ...

outlook.ost
I keep getting file access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file C:\Documents and Settings\oner\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\outlook.ost. I need to know how to fix this in a simple way. -- Steph "Steph" <Steph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:89BB82B4-DF24-4436-B9F3-FB780AA77041@microsoft.com... > I keep getting file access is denied. You do not have the permission > required > to access the file C:\Documents and Settings\oner\Local > Settings\Application > Data\Microsoft\O...

is there a posting site for Outlook Express?
I'm having a problem with OE (6.00.2800) and don't know where to post a question. It opens AIM every time I open OE and I can't imagine why. Thanks. It's an option in AIM, but I'm not sure which menu you need to look at in AIM. The express group is here: http://communities2.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/default.aspx?dg=microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engin...

Outlook 2003
We're on Exchange 2003 and have started rolling out Outlook 2003 in place of Outlook 2000. In Outlook 2003 by default all folders come up grouped by day and with solid lines between the messages. Everyone hates these "features" and has made a point of telling me so. Yes, each individual folder can be changed back through the user interface but that's a non-solution for 100 users that have an average of 25 folders each plus the 50 or so public folders as well. Is there any way to change this default behavior in Outlook 2003 so that all folders come up without the solid lines...

how do I set up my email with outlook
I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? tokyo gyoza wrote: > I have just installed outlook but I can send emails form outlook, > what do I need to set up and to link to yahoo? You have to pay Yahoo if you want to use it in Outlook (via POP). ...

Size Limitations for Attachments send with Outlook E-Mail
Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? Thank you. "Tim" <tgregoire@craneandhoistsales.com> wrote in message news:080201c3dea4$4a835670$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Any attachment larger than 100 kb does not send when > attempted using Outlook 2003. Please advise as to how > one can adjust the size limits for outgoing attachments? > Thank you. Have you checked that your ISP and/or system admin haven't put a limit on? ...

Outlook 2003 won't open in ie but outlook express does
I just upgraded my harddrive form 120 gb to 400 gb using segates disk utility and when all was done eveything except system restore and the read email link from ie 7 worked fine. OL express would open and run ok but OL 2003 would not, no error just won't open. Doesnt' work in firefox either. Have uninstalled and reinstalled Office, no luck. Have unistalled ie7, no go either. Got system restore to work again by diabling the service from the managment console then starting it from the system restore tab in my computers/proporties. There seems to be some connection from ie to outlook...

Using Outlook client for CRM 3.0 in a remote office
I need to set up access to the corporate CRM from several remote offices. All of them have VPN connections (Windows or Checkpoint). What are the steps required to configure remote clients to be able to use CRM features in Outlook. Remote users can connect to CRM through Internet Expolorer. Thanks. Assuming they are connected, the isntallation over a VPN connection should not be any different than a typicaly installation. If the connection is slow though, the first synch & Go Offline process will be noticiably slower though. -- Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM "mkatsev"...

Outlook Profiles #9
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0035_01C56148.FB334CF0 Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="----=_NextPart_001_0036_01C56148.FB334CF0" ------=_NextPart_001_0036_01C56148.FB334CF0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable In order to eliminate the wizard that runs when a new user first logs = into Outlook, I created a default PRF file and configured Outlook using = the "Custom Installation Wizard". Everything works fine except I cannot = configure the profile file so ...

outlook 2003 missing emails offline
I am trying to setup a user with an offline folder in outlook 2003. The problem is it does not download all his emails. ON the server it shows he has 200 emails, but in his offline it is only 30. I checked and there is no filters or anything on it. I tried recreating his offline folders and everything, to no avail. Any suggestions? It looks like the emails he is missing are a month or so old, although he has older ones from a few years ago? Did you check to see which folders are set for offline synch? Is this user using Exchange Cached Mode? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post al...

Cant erase sent folder in outlook express
I cant erase emails in my sent folder. No egg timer. nothing at all. Any help appreciated ...

"Customize Outlook Today
I just purchased a new computer with Windows XP Professional installed (replacing my old one, with Windows 95). After installing my Office 2000 suite onto the new computer, I find that in Outlook, when I click on the "Customize Outlook Today" button, nothing happens. Acordingly I am unable to configure the display to suit my needs. For example, I need to have the days tasks only, rather than the full list you get when you cannot customize the display. Any suggestions? The answer may be found in MS Knowledge Base article 820575, "You Cannot Customize Outlook Today After...