WAB and Office 2k3 problem

Greetings All:

    I've Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange 2003 server.  The only
addresses that appear in my address book are the Global Addresses from the
server, my contacts do not appear.  Now when I go to the appropriate
"Outlook Address Book" tab in the contacts properties dialog, the "Show this
folder as an e-mail Address Book" checkbox is grayed out.  I have several
other contact folders that exhibit the same grayed out checkbox.  If I try
to add them from the Options dialog in the Address Book specifically, they
don't even show up in the  as being available for selection.

    Now I recently, in the past week in fact, formatted the hard drive and
reinstalled the OS and all software (obviously).  Our user profiles were
migrated to the server and then back to the workstation after the
re-install.  Prior to this re-installation, the Address Book functioned just
as it was supposed too: I could add and remove contact folders at will.
Since the re-installation though, this functionality has not been available.
Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

--
Regards,

Jerry M. Gartner
www.gartnerwebdev.com

0
jerry1699 (21)

Did you try making a new profile?

If you have Contacts in the Contacts folder but they are not accessible when
you click on the To button, check these settings:

Make sure the Contact folder is enabled as an email address book. Right
click the Contacts folder, choose Properties then Outlook Address Book. Is
the box to enable as email address book is checked?

If this is grayed out...

Go to Tools | Email Accounts, choose View or change existing directories or
address book. Is the Outlook Address Book present? If it isn't listed, add
it and close and restart Outlook.  If it is listed, then remove it and close
then restart Outlook and repeat these steps to add it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Jerry M. Gartner" <jerry@SPAM_BE_GONEgartnerwebdev.com> wrote in message
> Greetings All:
>
>    I've Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange 2003 server.  The only
> addresses that appear in my address book are the Global Addresses from the
> server, my contacts do not appear.  Now when I go to the appropriate
> "Outlook Address Book" tab in the contacts properties dialog, the "Show
> this
> folder as an e-mail Address Book" checkbox is grayed out.  I have several
> other contact folders that exhibit the same grayed out checkbox.  If I try
> to add them from the Options dialog in the Address Book specifically, they
> don't even show up in the  as being available for selection.
>
>    Now I recently, in the past week in fact, formatted the hard drive and
> reinstalled the OS and all software (obviously).  Our user profiles were
> migrated to the server and then back to the workstation after the
> re-install.  Prior to this re-installation, the Address Book functioned
> just
> as it was supposed too: I could add and remove contact folders at will.
> Since the re-installation though, this functionality has not been
> available.
> Any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Jerry M. Gartner
> www.gartnerwebdev.com

0
info2937 (567)
4/15/2004 5:42:46 PM
Hi - you confused things when you mentioned WAB (that's Windows Address
Book, used by OE). You're talking about the Outlook Address Book, a view of
any contacts/address folders.

Go to tools | e-mail accounts - view/modify address books, and make sure you
have the Outlook Address Book listed there. If it's there, remove any named
contacts folders referenced therein, remove the address book service,
apply/close, and re-add it and try again

You might want to go to the properties of it and change the display settings
to File As (unless you prefer the default, First Last, which I personally
dislike). Then you should be able to right click on the contacts folders in
question to add them.

Jerry M. Gartner wrote:
> Greetings All:
>
>     I've Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange 2003 server.  The only
> addresses that appear in my address book are the Global Addresses
> from the server, my contacts do not appear.  Now when I go to the
> appropriate "Outlook Address Book" tab in the contacts properties
> dialog, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" checkbox is
> grayed out.  I have several other contact folders that exhibit the
> same grayed out checkbox.  If I try to add them from the Options
> dialog in the Address Book specifically, they don't even show up in
> the  as being available for selection.
>
>     Now I recently, in the past week in fact, formatted the hard
> drive and reinstalled the OS and all software (obviously).  Our user
> profiles were migrated to the server and then back to the workstation
> after the re-install.  Prior to this re-installation, the Address
> Book functioned just as it was supposed too: I could add and remove
> contact folders at will. Since the re-installation though, this
> functionality has not been available. Any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance!

0
lanwench (7567)
4/15/2004 5:47:30 PM
Jerry M. Gartner <jerry@SPAM_BE_GONEgartnerwebdev.com> wrote:

>     I've Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange 2003 server.  The only
> addresses that appear in my address book are the Global Addresses
> from the server, my contacts do not appear.  Now when I go to the
> appropriate "Outlook Address Book" tab in the contacts properties
> dialog, the "Show this folder as an e-mail Address Book" checkbox is
> grayed out.  I have several other contact folders that exhibit the
> same grayed out checkbox.  If I try to add them from the Options
> dialog in the Address Book specifically, they don't even show up in
> the  as being available for selection.

Click Tools>E-mail Options>Add a new directory or address
book>Next>Additional Address Books>Next and select Outlook Address Book.
Click Next.  At this point, I can't tell you exactly what to click, but you
should be able to figure it out.
--
Brian Tillman

0
Tillmabg (988)
4/15/2004 7:07:38 PM
That did the trick.  My profile is several years old and I hesitate to
create a new one, as you can imagine.  My bad on confusing WAB and OAB -
thanks for the clarification!

--
Regards,

Jerry M. Gartner
www.gartnerwebdev.com

"Jerry M. Gartner" <jerry@SPAM_BE_GONEgartnerwebdev.com> wrote in message
> Greetings All:
>
>     I've Outlook 2003 connected to an Exchange 2003 server.  The only
> addresses that appear in my address book are the Global Addresses from the
> server, my contacts do not appear.  Now when I go to the appropriate
> "Outlook Address Book" tab in the contacts properties dialog, the "Show
this
> folder as an e-mail Address Book" checkbox is grayed out.  I have several
> other contact folders that exhibit the same grayed out checkbox.  If I try
> to add them from the Options dialog in the Address Book specifically, they
> don't even show up in the  as being available for selection.
>
>     Now I recently, in the past week in fact, formatted the hard drive and
> reinstalled the OS and all software (obviously).  Our user profiles were
> migrated to the server and then back to the workstation after the
> re-install.  Prior to this re-installation, the Address Book functioned
just
> as it was supposed too: I could add and remove contact folders at will.
> Since the re-installation though, this functionality has not been
available.
> Any suggestions are appreciated.
>
> Thank you in advance!
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Jerry M. Gartner
> www.gartnerwebdev.com

0
jerry1699 (21)

Problem with SDK sample code
I am trying to run the sample that is in the Microsoft CRM Version 1.2 SDK under "How To --> Creating a Query 1". The sample runs fine until it actually calls the Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CRMQuery.Create() method and then it throws the following exception: SOAP Server Application Faulted A parse error was encountered in the XML A tag was encountered where data was expected at line1, column 227 I cut and pasted this code verbatim and I don't see anything wrong with the XML that gets passed into the Create() method. I can run the sample in "How To --> Creat...

booklet problem
Hi, I have a 16 page document that I want to print as booklet on a Laserjet 4100 with duplex unit installed. The duplexing works fine, however the back side gets printed at an 180� angle. Consider the first paper: It should (and does) contain pages 1, 2, 15 and 16. After folding the document to be the first and last pages of the booklet, the order is : page 1 (fine) page 15 printed upside down page 2 printed upside down page 16 (fine) So the whole backside of the document should be rotated 180�.... Thanx for any help, Ward What version Publisher? What model printer? Does your p...

Perhaps not an outlook problem, but maybe a setting change will help.
Hello, I'm using Outlook 2003 on a Vista Business system. I use it to monitor four email accounts, one POP mail from my work, a gmail account, and two POP accounts from my ISP (Bell), who contracted their mail service to Microsoft some years ago. The two non-ISP accounts work perfectly and are very reliable, but intermittently, one or the other of the ISP accounts start rejecting the username and password, which I know is correct. If I go to the web mail interface and test the username and password - there's no problem, unless the login server really, really is broken, w...

OsCommerce - Easy Populate Script
I am having a problem I just had this Easy Populace script installed for OsCommerce, I am having problems getting the correct format in order to mass upload all of the products I have in my database files from the companies that supply me. Below is all the information. I need to be able to convert a CSV file, to a TXT file, in the EXACT same format as below. If some one could please post a walk through on how to achieve this I would highly appreciate it! The Easy Populate Script - http://www.oscommerce.com/community/contributions,500 The .txt file showing the Format I need. http://pricetri...

Need product key for Office XP Developer
Please take pity on the absent minded. Back in the heyday of Office XP, I never had the need to set up the developer tools for it. I was a subscriber to MSDN Universal so have all of the DVDs. I just never jumped through their hoops of going on the MSDN site to lookup the product and get the key. I didn't need it then. Now it's out of support and the keys for obsolete products are no longer available from MS. My email address is readily decodable. I'll be most grateful. Thanks -- -Larry- -- To anyone who may have been digging in their archives on my behalf; Thanks, but ...

Holiday Pay problem
I am unable to get a transaction created in the attendance window for Holiday Pay. We have recently updated to GP 10.0. I can get vacation and sick to generate a transaction, but holiday pay does not generate any type of transaction nor does it reduce the total available. I have tried entering a new pay type with a benefit time type, but I still do not get any results. Please help...Thanks Cheryl ...

CD Key problems with FrontPage
I am trying to install FrontPage 2003. For some reason, my cd key is not working. What should I do? I have even looked on sites that offer keys but they dont work. -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/publisher/200712/1 This Newsgroup addresses issues with Microsoft Office Publisher. "vista2 via OfficeKB.com" <u32050@uwe> wrote in message news:7d5f22c87a5bc@uwe... >I am trying to install FrontPage 2003. For some reason, my cd key is not > working. What should I do? I have even looked on sites that offer keys but > they dont wo...

Problem with Event Management Accelerator
I have installed Event Management Accelerator successfully on a test environment. I have created a campaign in CRM and I can see the Event in Sample Web Portal. When I click on the Register Button, the Registration form opens up. However after filling out the form, by clicking "Submit" button, I get an error message as "Date Invalid" for the current date. As a result, I am not able to create the Campaign Response record in CRM from the web portal. I have all the CRM date formats set as English Australia and my computer has also the same date format. Can someone put me in...

multi user problem on small vista lan
I have three new pcs running vista business and I installed office 2007 on each. I put Access FE on each pc and BE in a public folder on one of the PCs with full control permissions for everyone on the public folder. Why can only one person on each pc get into access at any one time? Possible reasons: 1. No permission to create the LDB file 2. One user opening in Exclusive mode 3. The file may need to be in a Trusted Location 4. You may need to sacrifice a chicken. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "davidve&qu...

Problems setting sending and receiving emails
I keep getting this message when i try to send an email. I am not sure if my windows mail is set up correctly. Help I do not know what to do. The host 'SMTP' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'test', Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'SMTP', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D Account: 'windows mail', Server: 'POP3', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC17 "POP3" and "SMTP...

Outlook has encountered problems and needs to close.......
it just will not stay open. I have reverted to using plain text email editor. If I've detect & repaired once I've done it 10 times Howard: We've got the same problem on our system. OL 2000. Can't send email. If we try (through this one machine on our 4 computer network) the machine will show that same error message you describe and when we hit the enter key, Outlook immediately shuts down. IF you get this figured out, please let me know. Good luck and thanks. Scott in Austin MN "Howard" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2a2001c...

problem in mfc
I have to draw a grid such that the distance between two lines should be 1mm. I have used various mapping mode but it results in a gap between constant group of lines. Please send me some solution The ultimate task is to design a graph paper on screen. "Paritosh Sawalapurkar" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2A636FBA-0683-4820-B3CA-44607E5969FC@microsoft.com... > I have to draw a grid such that the distance between two lines should be 1mm. I have used various mapping modes > but it results in a gap between constant group of lines. Please send ...

Office 2004--what's the 3rd installation CD for?
I just purchased and installed MS Office 2004 on my brand-new Mac Mini. Everything seems to be working fine, but the installation process only required two of the three CDs. What's the third installation CD for, and if I didn't use it, am I missing anything from the installation? Hello, Maybe it's the CD for Virtual PC (if you have the professionnal version of MS Office) On 18/11/05 1:43, in article 1132274609.639685.321710@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com, "japanime" <gkardy@gmail.com> wrote: > I just purchased and installed MS Office 2004 on my brand-new Mac ...

PDFmaker loads when i open any Office program
How do I stop the Adobe Acrobat PDFmaker from loading whenever i open an Office program? In article <1149735234.626126.158000@h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, adam@fanaticalmarketing.com wrote: > How do I stop the Adobe Acrobat PDFmaker from loading whenever i open > an Office program? See http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/office/pdftoolbar.html ...

Font Problems
I've seen numerous posts about alleged font problems in Office X for=20 Mac causing Office to crash. Most of the suggestions and the official=20 suggestion from MS is to check your fonts. I've done that, with 2 seperate font checking programs (FontDoctor and=20 Extensis). Both found the fonts on my system to be fine. But Office still shuts down. No other application has any problems, just = Office. I've tried restarting, removing the Office font cache, etc... = with=20 no luck. MS's suggestion to go font by font to find the problem is completely=20 unworkable, since it seem...

VBA unter Office v. X
Hallo zusammen, ich versuche gerade ein VBA-projekt an MacOS X anzupassen, aber ich kann keine Dokumentation oder Beispiele f�r DECLARE unter MacOS X finden! Konkret m�chte ich die Rainbow Sentinel API auf diese Weise ansprechen, aber ich konnte bisher noch nicht einmal herausfinden, welche Libraries Word �berhaupt unterst�tzt, und wie die entry points zu deklarieren sind. Ich w�rde mich �ber jeden Tipp freuen. Viele Gr��e Sascha Leib -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- Sascha Ren� Leib - KOPFteam GmbH - http://www.kopfteam.de/ "There is not, and will...

Multiple Accounts problem
I am using Outlook 2000 with all the MS required updates. When I add a 3rd Internet E-Mail account, it will not work if the other 2 are functioning. In other words, when I have a functioning 1. Me@what.com 2. you@what.com and I go to add a third account: 3. who@what .com It will not send/receive from this 3rd account. If I erase one of the original accounts, the new one WILL work. Plus, at the Menu, Tools, Send/receive option, only 2 will ever show up at the same time. I have completely removed and then re-installed Outlook 2000 more than once. Any suggestions? Anyone seen...

Office Enterprise 2007 failed to reinstall
Enterprise was uninstalled with intention to reinstall after Outlook window failed to open. Installation from cd now gives "error 1935. An error occurred during the installation of assembly component {837BF1EB-D770-94EB-A01F-C8B3B9A1E18E}. I also tried safe mode with command prompt and still got the same results. Any ideas? Not knowing if you have a legal version,I can safely tell you the following Free phone support from MS for Office Enterprise customers. Please have all your needed documentation on hand including the VL and the Volume License holders number that ...

DPM 2007 SP1 iSCSI problems
I have a DPM2007 SP1 server which needs to backup an iSCSI drive on a 2008 R@ 64-bit server that runs Exchange 2010. I have set the server to back itself up to this iSCSI drive since DPM 2007 doesn't support Exchange 2010 yet. Problem is when I go to select the iSCSI drive in DPM it's not there. I tried sharing the backup folder and can't see it under shard folders either. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the DPM agent on the 2008 R2 server and rebooted both the servers. I have installed KB970867 on the DPM server. HELP!!!!! ...

Problems with using/converting Access 2002 to Access 2007
After upgrading a few PC to Office 2007 and then attempting to use or convert a 2002 Access database, some of the SQL queries are no longer able to understand the defined filter values and instead are pop/displaying a dialog box requesting the value. Since this only occurs with 2007, we are wondering if there is something we can do to make the migration from 2002 to 2007 seamless? Since our Access database are designed with an attempt to keep the database operations as simple as possible. I'm of the opinion that Microsoft must be aware of this issue and may have a built ...

Problems deleting from the DELETE ITEMS & JUNK MAIL folders
Hi, Cannot delete certain messages from the DELETE ITEMS & JUNK MAIL folders. Why is that and how can I overcome this please? -- Kind regards, ColUCol How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "colucol" <colucol@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:871EFF7F-09F0-485A-9CD7-71330D792E1E@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can...

Sending with attachment problem
Hi: can someone point me in the right direction. I have used outlook for years and had few problems. However, all of a sudden, for no apparent reason, I cant send mail when there is an attachments. It sends mail with NO attachment, but stalls when there is an attachment and wont connect to the server. Suggestions>>>?? John Baker ...

Win98 SE, Office 2000: ODBC from Excel behaves strangely on one computer
Hi When I create an ODBC query from another Excel workbook, using query wizard, then usually after I select the workbook as data source, in wizard's next window all available tables (defined non-dynamic named ranges in this workbook) are displayed, ans I'm asked to select columns. The source workbook remains closed. Now in one single computer, after I select the workbook as data source, this workbook is opened and recalculated automatically, and only after that the wizard continues with next window. And when I open some workbook, containing such ODBC query, or when I try to refresh s...

POP3 problem #3
Outlook 2000 running on an XP Pro client. I have set up internet email accounts, but Outlook and OE give error messages 'cannot find POP3 server named <mail.(ISP).net>. Telnet will not connect, and netstat shows ports 110 and 25 are not listening. How do I activate these ports? Thanks S.Low Recheck your server settings with your ISP. No < > or (ISP) although I assume you are using shorthand for the real settings. It should look something like this: pop-server.isp.net or pop.mail.isp.com "S.Low" wrote: > Outlook 2000 running on an XP Pro client. I have...

Cannot Open Microsoft Office Outlook
Hi, I cannot open outlook. I uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook and still receive the error message below: "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook windo. The set of folders cannot be opened. Errors have been detected in the file C:\Users\Jay\AppData\ Local\Microsoft\Outlook\Outlook.pst. Quit Outlook and all mail-enabled applications, and then use the Inbox repair tool (Scanpst.exe) to daignose and repair errors in the file. for more information about the inbox repair tool, see Help." Thank you for your consideration of providing advice for thi...