Viewing the Outlook Global Address Book & Contacts from VB 6.0

Hello,
I am a developer currently writing an application in *Visual Basi
6.0*. My target environment is *Citix Metaframe XP* running on *Window
2000 Terminal Server*.
I am trying to instantiate the "Select Names" dialogue box one normall
gets when clicking on the "To..." button when creating a new email i
*Outlook 2000 SR-1* within my VB 6.0 application.

Basically my Users want to have the application access the Contacts
Global Address Book, etc. that they maintain in their own Outloo
account (rather than maintain these email addresses in two places).
I have already developed code that can list all Contacts within a tex
box and have the Users select from that list, but I feel like I'
"re-inventing the wheel" (so to speak).

Is there some way to instantiate this dialogue box and select the emai
address via Visual Basic?

Sorry if this question has been posted before. I've been looking al
over for a solution to this question, but have yet to find an answer.

Any pointers, clues or links would be greatly appreciated.

Sincerely
M Katzma

--
KatfishPosted from - http://www.officehelp.i

I wanted to add the "Check Names" dialogue box can also be instantiate
by the "Tools > Address Book" menu entry (Ctrl+Shift+B) when created a
email message.

It seems like there should be some fairly simple way to get to thi
feature outside of Outlook. Any thoughts?

KatfishPosted from - http://www.officehelp.i

You would have to use Collaboration Data Objects 1.21.  This component is
not installed by default under Outlook 2000.

I should also warn you that Outlook 2000 SP2 and later versions can end up
with Collaboration Data Objects 1.21(s).  The "s" denotes additional
security that can trigger the warning dialog box that a program is trying to
access the address book.

/neo

PS - You are after the AddressBook method.  You can find a code sample @
http://www.outlookcode.com/d/code/selectnames.htm

"Katfish" <Katfish.1za92a@NoSpamPleaze.com> wrote in message

> Hello,
> I am a developer currently writing an application in *Visual Basic
> 6.0*. My target environment is *Citix Metaframe XP* running on *Windows
> 2000 Terminal Server*.
> I am trying to instantiate the "Select Names" dialogue box one normally
> gets when clicking on the "To..." button when creating a new email in
> *Outlook 2000 SR-1* within my VB 6.0 application.
>
> Basically my Users want to have the application access the Contacts,
> Global Address Book, etc. that they maintain in their own Outlook
> account (rather than maintain these email addresses in two places).
> I have already developed code that can list all Contacts within a text
> box and have the Users select from that list, but I feel like I'm
> "re-inventing the wheel" (so to speak).
>
> Is there some way to instantiate this dialogue box and select the email
> address via Visual Basic?
>
> Sorry if this question has been posted before. I've been looking all
> over for a solution to this question, but have yet to find an answer.
>
> Any pointers, clues or links would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Sincerely
> M Katzman
>

> --
> KatfishPosted from - http://www.officehelp.in

0
neo7948 (622)

Copy entire row where CellValue=0

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

copy my vb project... is it as easy as copying the directory..
Hi, I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the idea is i can play around with one, and not effect the original.. is it as easy as just using file explorer to copy the directory from say c:\project1 to c:\project2... or do the project files like forms etc have paths in them and therefore I can't just copy like this.. thanks "AussieRules" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:uzrSvxp6KHA.5112@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I want to take a copy of a project so I have two projects the same.. the > i...

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Address book updating...

Outlook "Ruler" won't go away