Viewing Outlook 2007 calendar in a "stacked" view?

I used to be able to view my Outlook 2003 calendar in a "stacked" weekly view,
so rather than the vertical columns in 2007, I was able to see my week as
(imagine boxes around each day with the appointments listed underneath):

Monday                   Thursday

Tuesday                   Friday

Wednesday              Sat/Sun

I can't seem to find this view now and I'm wondering if it's even an option?
Or do I just have to get used to 2007's vertical columns?

0
shanita257

That view is gone in 2007

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant   www.pragmatix.com.au
Outlook 2003 user?  Read "7 settings all Outlook 2003 users should change"
on my website.

..
"shanita257" <u44281@uwe> wrote in message news:85d3acbdb3e20@uwe...
>I used to be able to view my Outlook 2003 calendar in a "stacked" weekly
>view,
> so rather than the vertical columns in 2007, I was able to see my week as
> (imagine boxes around each day with the appointments listed underneath):
>
> Monday                   Thursday
>
> Tuesday                   Friday
>
> Wednesday              Sat/Sun
>
> I can't seem to find this view now and I'm wondering if it's even an
> option?
> Or do I just have to get used to 2007's vertical columns?

0
Judy
6/18/2008 1:30:27 AM
I, too, am saddened that the stacked, 7-day calendar view has been excised
from Office 2007. I haven't seen anyone mention what I see as the biggest
loss : The stacked calendar, which provided a list of all your appointments
for each day (what Blackberry calls an agenda view) without a lot of wasted
blank space for unscheduled time, allowed you to see an entire week's worth
of events on a single screen. As best as I can tell, Outlook 2007 requires
you to scroll down to see your afternoon events; in addition, the truncated
descriptions of overlapping events often make no sense unless you open them.

Does anyone know if I can shrink the size of the calendar so at least I
don't have to scroll down to see what appointments I have in the afternoon?

"shanita257" wrote:

> I used to be able to view my Outlook 2003 calendar in a "stacked" weekly view,
> so rather than the vertical columns in 2007, I was able to see my week as
> (imagine boxes around each day with the appointments listed underneath):
>
> Monday                   Thursday
>
> Tuesday                   Friday
>
> Wednesday              Sat/Sun
>
> I can't seem to find this view now and I'm wondering if it's even an option?
> Or do I just have to get used to 2007's vertical columns?

0
hempster (2)
8/19/2008 7:58:11 PM
Thanks. I didn't immediately see how that might solve my problem, but I'll
take a closer look later.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

> See http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/2wk_cal/2wk_cal.htm.
>
> --
> Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
>
> Outlook Tips by email:
>
> Exchange Messaging Outlook newsletter:

> http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx or point your
> newsreader to msnews.microsoft.com.
>

> "hempster" <hempster@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I, too, am saddened that the stacked, 7-day calendar view has been excised
> > from Office 2007. I haven't seen anyone mention what I see as the biggest
> > loss : The stacked calendar, which provided a list of all your
> > appointments
> > for each day (what Blackberry calls an agenda view) without a lot of
> > wasted
> > blank space for unscheduled time, allowed you to see an entire week's
> > worth
> > of events on a single screen. As best as I can tell, Outlook 2007 requires
> > you to scroll down to see your afternoon events; in addition, the
> > truncated
> > descriptions of overlapping events often make no sense unless you open
> > them.
> >
> > Does anyone know if I can shrink the size of the calendar so at least I
> > don't have to scroll down to see what appointments I have in the
> > afternoon?
> >

> > "shanita257" wrote:
> >
> >> I used to be able to view my Outlook 2003 calendar in a "stacked" weekly
> >> view,
> >> so rather than the vertical columns in 2007, I was able to see my week as
> >> (imagine boxes around each day with the appointments listed underneath):
> >>
> >> Monday                   Thursday
> >>
> >> Tuesday                   Friday
> >>
> >> Wednesday              Sat/Sun
> >>
> >> I can't seem to find this view now and I'm wondering if it's even an
> >> option?
> >> Or do I just have to get used to 2007's vertical columns?

0
hempster (2)
8/19/2008 8:18:06 PM
I probably wrote this in another topic as well, but would it be possible to
work around this problem using a custom designed form (as i did for the
contacts form) or can you decrease the font size of the calendar items so you
can read more of them?

maybe using the customize current view option?

thanks
PS: is there a way to get informed if an update correcting this turns up?

0
kh (11)
10/2/2008 8:13:01 AM
You can't customize the current view to design a stacked view.  You can
decrease the font size - right click on the calendar and choose Other
Settings.  (I use size 8 for all 3 font selections.)

You can follow all updates at Microsoft Update but you won't be notified for
any specific update. I do not believe they will do anything with Outlook
2007 to address this because it won't work with calendar overlays.

The options are http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/2wk_cal/2wk_cal.htm and
More Productive Tools (link at
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/calendar_print.asp).

You can (and should) open a support incident so they know why this view is
important - having a 'business case' ready to cite when you call is very
helpful so they know why the view is important and useful to you - just
saying 'I like this view better' is not going to make a dent.  See
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2007/20070321.htm - retail buyers get 3
free incidents within 90 days.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

"KH" <KH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I probably wrote this in another topic as well, but would it be possible
> work around this problem using a custom designed form (as i did for the
> contacts form) or can you decrease the font size of the calendar items so
> you
> can read more of them?
>
> maybe using the customize current view option?
>
> thanks
> PS: is there a way to get informed if an update correcting this turns up?

0
outlookmvp (5838)

Showing Percentage Value Data Label in a 100% Stacked Column Chart
I'm using Excel 2004 for Mac. I have created a 100% Stacked Column Chart and I want to show the percentage data label on each data series but the tick box is greyed out under 'Format data Series', sub-tab labels. Can anyone tell me how to enable this feature? ...

Stacked Chart
Hey everyone, Does anyone know if there is a way to get a stacked chart side by side? For example, you have airplanes, cars and trains on the x axis and values of 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008. I know you can have all these values in one bar but is it possible to have two stacked bars for one x-value? For example, for airplanes, you have one bar with 2005 and 2006 and a bar next to it with the 2007 and 2008 values. Thanks, appreciate your help. Try one or more of these links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP...

Stacked bar graphs
I am trying to create a stacked bar graph that will group sets of data by year for a given month. For example, I would like to display number of widgets red and blue for 2003 and 2004 for January? Any ideas on how to achieve this goal? Evelyn - Are you describing stacked-clustered charts? You might find something to help you here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Evelyn Miles wrote: > I am trying to create a stacked ...

Possible to show clustered and stacked columns on one chart?
I have 2 categories of sales for two companies. one is projected sales the other is actual sales for a series of years. I want to show for each year stacked company one and company two projected sales. Then next to it (clustered) I want to show the same two company actual sales stacked. thanks Jon Peltier has an example of that here: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html "crochetlady" wrote: > I have 2 categories of sales for two companies. one is projected sales the > other is actual sales for a series of years. I want to show for each year > ...

Stacked and single column in same chart?
How can I do a chart with a stacked column beside a single column? When I build a stacked column chart, any new source data I add wants to put it in the same stacked column. Use one of the links on this page. You need to set up the data so the single column is in a stacking position with no other columns of data. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ Einstine wrote: > How can I do a chart with a stacked column beside a sing...

stacked column chart not baselining at 0
I have a data set with categories in columns A-B, and data in columns C-I. I've configured my chart to use stacked bars for the first 6 data series and a line for the last one. The first 6 are revenue allocations, with the 7th being a cumulative total. Most of the chart looks as expected, but the first category or row of data is displaying oddly. The figures in this row are all negative (or 0), so I expect the top of the bar to sit at zero, but it doesn't. The top of the bar sits at the value of the 7th/line series, so that the bottom of the bar is at 2x that (negative) value. ...

Cluster AND Stacked Bar chart
Hi All: I'm curious whether I can create a combination cluster AND stacked bar chart. I have a group of students I'm tracking out over a number of semesters. As semesters progress, I'd like to indicate the number that engage in a certain beahvior (stacked bars). I'm tracking four different cohorts. Ideally I'd like to lay the cohorts side-by-side. Furthmore, I'd like to display differences within each cohort by gender, ethnicity, age, and disability (cluster bars). By way of example, un my mind's eye I'd have a chart for gender that would group fou...

Display percent and value on stacked column chart
I'm displaying cumulative $ totals from 3 sales groups on a 100% stacked column chart. We've recently exceeded 100% of our total $ goal so the chart isn't able to display the amount above 100%. If I switch to a standard stacked column chart, I can't choose the display percentage option. I downloaded the Rob Bovey's Chart Labeler but I can't get it to display what I want. Perfect world would be displying the dollar value of each sales group in the column segments and showing percent of total goal on the y-axis. I would even be okay with showing the dollar valu...

Stacked Bar Legend problem
The table of data for my chart has names down the side and CBT Groups across the top. The data in the middle is number of CBTs completed by each person. Something like this: Name Winx OS10 MCP A+ Bill 5 0 1 0 Jim 2 1 0 0 Jane 7 0 1 0 Lacy 1 0 0 1 Marvin 3 1 1 0 I want to create a stack bar chart that has names as the X axis. The bar for each name will have within it stacks of CBTs they have completed. I'm able to create the chart but I can not get the CBT Group titles to appear in the Legend. The ...

creating stacked charts with two comparative columns
How do you create a stacked chart with two comparative columns, each column containing different data series. Example: column one would have various categories of type of items sold in $, column 2 would have $ shipped, back ordered. The columns would be grouped by month. How should the data be displayed in the spreadsheet? Is this doable in Excel? How do you want the charts to display? That'll help. "birchbark" <birchbark@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:269CE2F8-06FB-4ACD-9C00-7A2ED72BA516@microsoft.com... > How do you create a stacked chart...

can I put a stacked column next to a solid column
I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that references two numbers. Maybe a better question is can I put two stacked columns righ next to eachother? Hi, Have a look at the links on Jon Peltier's page. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy RobXCSP wrote: > I am trying to graph some information and can't figure out how to place a > solid column that references one number next to a stacked column that > references two numbers. Maybe a...

Problems with stacked bar charts
A coworker put together a work book for reporting. All I have to do is enter figures in 3 or 4 fields on one sheet and the bar chart is supposed to pop up on the second sheet. We are tracking several programs and each program has a data input page and then the "pretty" chart page. On some of the charts, they come out just fine. But there are 2 (and 1/2 of a 3rd - it's only a little bit wrong) charts that are showing the total amount in 1 color instead of the 3-4 colors that it should be showing. I would like to think that I am exceedingly proficient in Excel (and, tru...

Excel 2007 How to change width of stacked columns
When I create a stacked column chart, the columns appear as thin coloured lines. How do I make them into normal size coloured vertical bars, please Hi, Try right-clicking any column and choose Format Data Series, and on the first tab, Series Options, reduce the Gap Width -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire "bowfin" wrote: > When I create a stacked column chart, the columns appear as thin coloured > lines. How do I make them into normal size coloured vertical bars, please Hi, Unexpected skinny columns is normally a sign that the x...

numbers in data sheet of stacked bar chart
I'm trying to label segments in a stacked bar chart, example: 1-10, 11-20, etc. I'm not able to enter the number with the dash. In most cases it automatically changes to Jan-10. Any tips on how I can fix this? Thanks! Format the cell as text and see if that helps. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2010? http://www.echosvoice.com/2010.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "Genevieve" <Genevieve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in me...

Stacked Bar Chart Over 100%
Currently have a stacked bar chart showing to 100% (the plan) by 8 clients, how can I show that 3 of the 8 will be over 100% (greater than plan)? Brian, If this is a normalized chart (the one on the right in the chart types), it will always be 100%. You'll have to use the middle one. Are these percentages (as they appear in the worksheet)? If so, use the regular stacked chart (the middle one), and the axis should adjust to accomodate whatever your greatest percentage is. -- Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com/ ------------------------------------------- "Brian" <Bri...

Dynamic Charting But for a Stacked Colum Chart
Hi Excel charting Gurus, I have been trying for 3 days to adapt the dynamic Charting examples from Jon Peltier's and TechTrax (http://pubs.logicalexpressions.com/ Pub0009/LPMArticle.asp?ID=246) But I Need to chart with a Stacked Column where the dates are stacked along the X axis Here is a link to what I am trying to do (www.jonson.ca/2Axis Not Dynamic2.xls) So that I do not have to make 12 charts, I want to allow the user to pick a start and end dates (Via Sliders, That I get no problem!) and have the chart update based on the selection. Basically I want the functionality that is in t...

change color to selected columns in a stacked column chart
Can I change colors to selected columns in a stacked column chart? I have 3 data series for each year, and would like each group of 3 to be colored differently. The 'vary colors by point' option [under format data series/options] is disabled for this type of chart. Thanks, Noa Click once to select a series of columns, then click again to select just one column, then format it like any other element (Format menu, double click, or Ctrl+1). - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _____...

Stacked Bar with a line. Possible?
Greetings everyone, I'm trying to create a graph that has the stacke bar with 2 data series stacked on the bar. I would like to have a lin representing the goal of the stacked bar....is that possible. Playe around with the various charts and it didn't seem to be an option. Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com See http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html or http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office produ...

combination stacked column and line data
Help. I've been asked to create a chart that has two sets of data that are stacked (columns) and 5 sets of data that display in line format. Is this an option in Excel. I can do a columan and a line but can't seem to add more than that. I'm using Excel 97 (but have access to Excel 2003). Please and thanks. Don't spend a lot of time looking for every last permutation in the "built in custom" chart types. What you probably want isn't there, but it's easy to roll your own type. Make a chart with all data plotted in one format (probably line, so you ha...

Needed: Chart that combines clustered column and stacked column types
The chart is to show projected financials for a business. - Using Clustered Columns, I can show Revenue and Net Income. Not a problem. - Using Stacked Column, I can show the contribution to Revenue from each of the businesses two product lines. Not a problem What I would like to do is to combine these into a single chart: Show a Stacked Column with the Revenue contributions and next to it (Clustered Column) show Net Income. Is this possible? If so, can you please explain how to do this. Posting a simple example would be a bonus. Many thanks. gerry <at> pairofdocs <dot> net O...

Need stacked chart help #2
can nobody help me please ???? -- wjviveen ------------------------------------------------------------------------ wjviveen's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16474 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278258 Hi, Have you had a look at these examples? http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ClusterStack.html Cheers Andy wjviveen wrote: > can nobody help me please ???? > > -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

how can create stacked column chart join with line
Dear I am trying to create stacked chart which data point join with line but I am unable to create. Pls some one help me. thanks Hi, In xl2003, create your stacked column chart and then double click one of the series. On the Series option tab select Series Lines. In xl2007, create your stacked column chart and then apply series lines via Chart Tools > Layout > Analysis > Lines > Series Lines If these are not the sort of lines you mean you need to provide more information. Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info <cdac.anand@gmail.com&g...

Single Series Stacked Column
I am working late and frustrated. I need to construct a single series vertical stacked column to show a fundraising results for a special challenge with giving to 5 programs on our school website. I have tried for hours in excel 2007, searched online for templates. One answer said you can do it in 2003 with the template wizard, then save it in 2007. I don't have 2003. Here is my ss: Fund 1 Fund 2 Fund 3 Fund 4 Fund 5 Total 11,000 8,000 200 11,000 5,000 35,200 -- Frustrated in SC Single series means only one item in the stack. I think wh...

Pipeline Chart/Stacked Chart
Is it possible to create a pipe or stacked chart that will show the values of the pipeline? What we wish to see is that if the values are the same in all the weighting stages, then the pipe will be almost a straight or tubular shape; whereas the way it looks now, it will actually be a bit lumpy in the middle stages depending on what we have in the works? Weighting 100% 90% 70% 20% 10% 9% 1% Grand Total Pipeline 2 21 19 39 4 1 10 96 Hope someone can help me with this one as I tried the stacked pyramid and it didn't actually show me the actual shape of my ...

Making Special "Stacked Column" Chart
Excel 2003. I want to make a sort of hybrid "stacked column" chart. I have two categories that make up income (regular and vision) and one expense category. I want to make a stacked column with regular and vision income and another column next to it with only expense. How would I accomplish this? Thanks for the help. If you stagger your data, you can create side-by-side stacked columns. Bernard Liengme has an example and instructions on his site: http://www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme/ExcelTips/Columns.htm and Jon Peltier has links to other sites with information: ...