Viewing IMAP messages #2

I connect to a Linux IMAP server remotely for my emails.  When I click on an
email in Outlook P once the headers have been updated the system seems to
download the email and the attachement. All I want to do is read the message
before I download the attachment - Is this possible?

Its a bit of a problem if an email has a 3mb attachement and all I want to
do is read the mail content before deciding to download the attachment -
especially a pain if I am CC into some mail.

Regards

Andy

---

Unfortunately there is no way to change this behavior.

--
Jeff Stephenson
Outlook Development

"ray maltby" <rgw.maltby@ukonline.co.uk> wrote in message

> I connect to a Linux IMAP server remotely for my emails.  When I click on
an
> email in Outlook P once the headers have been updated the system seems to
> download the email and the attachement. All I want to do is read the
message
> before I download the attachment - Is this possible?
>
> Its a bit of a problem if an email has a 3mb attachement and all I want to
> do is read the mail content before deciding to download the attachment -
> especially a pain if I am CC into some mail.
>
> Regards
>
> Andy
>

> ---

stephenson (1246)

Ending dot in subject does not displays message using OWA
Hi all, I've got a problem when I try to read mails that have an ending dot in the subject, it displays me a "HTTP 404 - File not found Servicios de Internet Information Server" error, but when I try to read the same mail using Outlook I have no problem. I have a front-end server and a back-end server,both with Exchange 2003. When they where Exchange 2000 I hadn't this problem. Any ideas?? Thanks in advance, Mito Hi Mito, do you have URLScan installed on FE server? -- Regards, Sasa Milovanovic MCSE:Messaging sasa.milovanovic(at)exchangemaster.net "Mito" <...

Lookup function? #2
I'm not sure if I'm using the right function, but I have a row of test results and some cells have the option for a "pass/fail" result (not a number or a grade). I want to summarise the results from each section of the test, so am adding the scores quite happily. However, if one of the questions is failed, this needs to be shown in the summary. I have tried to use Lookup but it won't display "Fail" in a cell on the summary. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Spursgirl;367526 Wrote: > I'm not sure if I'm using the right function...

How to Import messages from old versions of OE
Is it possible to import messages fromold versions of OE? My old computer died and my wife was using Outlook Express - I think version 5 (not sure exactly which version). I had backed up all her old emails in .dbx files, but live mail will not recognise the files when I try to import the messages -- Andrew If your mail account is POP you can setup a rule to do exactly that. Tools/Message Rules/Mail. If your using hotmail then you would need to setup this rule in your hotmail account on the server. Colin Brown WL MVP "Andrew M" <AndrewM@discussions.microsoft....

Exchange 5.5/2K3 and Address Book views
Hi all! We have a mixed exchange org at the moment with exchange 5.5 and 2003 (SP1). Can someone please tell me how to setup the Address Book view to be like the one used by 5.5 users for exchange 2003 users? Or does anyone know how to migrate the exch 5.5 GAL to exch 2003 to save waht looks like a lot of work? Thanks in advance!! Ste On Thu, 5 Jan 2006 10:19:42 -0000, "Ste" <stephenbrandley@hotmail.com> wrote: >Hi all! We have a mixed exchange org at the moment with exchange 5.5 and >2003 (SP1). Can someone please tell me how to setup the Address Book view &g...

Responding to a Message from a Recreated Mailbox
Hi guys, over the weekend I had to recreate a user's account/mailbox and now nobody can reply to the user's old emails. I was wondering if anyone knows anything that can be done to resolve this issue? Thanks! On Mon, 16 Oct 2006 10:48:54 -0400, "Ahmed Hamade" <ahamade@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi guys, over the weekend I had to recreate a user's account/mailbox and now >nobody can reply to the user's old emails. I was wondering if anyone knows >anything that can be done to resolve this issue? > >Thanks! > It's a different mailbox so ...

Basic Question #2
....I hope. I just started doing my own VBA Programming and I'm stuck. I've created a formula that is just a series of nested ifs (12). I'd like to be able to dragged the cell containing the formula and have the REF change as I drag it, but right now the formula is not variable and REF's only one set of cells when I try to drag it. here's my formula... Function CalcDate(pVal As String) As Long If pVal = "1" Then CalcDate = Range("I4").Value ElseIf pVal = "2" Then CalcDate = Range("I12").Value Else...

How do I design a little game by excel? #2
I have a project about excel,and I want to design a little game by excel,who can give me some suggestion? Thanks a lot~ ...

Multiple message stores with Exchange
I am wondering if you can have multiple message stores with exchange server 2003 standard. Thanks you can have one mailbox store, one public folder store that will be available via mapi, and I believe you can have one or two public stores that will be available via IE...for multiple mailbox stores, you would need Enterprise Edition... "mikea" <mikea@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B20001F8-EC26-4BAF-B0DC-66E2933743BC@microsoft.com... > I am wondering if you can have multiple message stores with exchange server > 2003 standard. Thanks nevertheless,...

Creating a Macro Button to Extract Data #2
Hi All, Okay i have an Excel Spreadsheet with 3 Sheets inside this. 1) Summary Sheet: is what i would like ALL the data to go to once i press the Macro Button. I'd like it to Capture all the Data from sheets, 2) Sheet1 & 3) Sheet 2. Please refer to the Attached Zip as this explains it in Depth. Thanks W +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: Send this Copy Book23.zip | |Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=4969 | +-------------------------------------------------------------------+ -...

Pivot Table problem #2
hi, I want to un select some of the items in the child items of a dimension in pivot Table. So for this I have written a query. But unselecting part, visible property is not working. Tried to update "pi.Visible" = False when even year = 2003 . But it is not updating. Seems like visible property of pivot items is read only. Always the value is true. When i checked microsoft site, its written visible type is read/write boolean. where I am going wrong ? Or Visible property of Pivot items will not work for OLAP data source (my data source is poiting to analysis Manager) ?? ...

Can't move message to another folder
Using Outlook 2002 and cannot send/receive email nor can I move a message from inbox to another folder. No error, no explanation. Worked fine yesterday. Windows XP PRO with Office XP SBE. Anybody have this happen to them before? TIA! You should at least get some sort of message when you send yourself an e-mail and do a manual Send/Receive (either you get an error message or your own message) For the moving; how do you move them? Clear your Deleted Items folder and run scanpst.exe against your pst-file (when Outlook is closed) and try again. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Micro...

Message Tracking Software...
Hello Guys, I am looking for some software that can track message per user with custom schedule ability.More Precisely,a sofware that can track and export details in some valid format like excel that howmuch numbers of mails one particular user sent in particular time.Exchange Message Tracking Center has this ability but it can't export details it tracked which becomes problem in creating report. Let me know if such kind of utility is available or not. I had tried maildetective 2.0 but it gives errors. -- sachin shah exchange system administrator ashima group,india i'm not s...

Sorting views....what's up??????
Hello, I've seen a couple of posts on this and just cannot believe what I'm reading! We've created several custom account views (ie Active Accounts, Inactive Accounts, My Accounts, etc). We've added 10+ so far, and were planning on adding more to the drop down list. All of a sudden out of the blue this morning the views are in a completely random order. All along they've been sorted alphabetically. Now today, they're completed jumbled in the drop down and unusable. I'm reading that there is no way to resort - is this true?? And why would it all of a sudden b...

how to in Excell #2
I want to convert 212 seconds to mn:sec format in Excell ...

I can't quite figure out how to solve this... so here goes... I'm making a report template in Word that has several links to an Exce spreadsheet. When finished, I would like to be able to reuse thi combination (ie: make copies of both files) while maintaining th links. However, if I copy the Excel file, it is not linked t anything; if I copy the Word file, it maintains the links the origina Excel. Does anyone know how to solve this?? Thanks for your help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com FYI - I tried recording a macro to update the links automatically, bu that d...

pivot table question #2
I have two columns of data: Date Value 1/1/05 9 1/1/05 10 1/1/05 12 .... .... 1/9/05 16 1/9/05 4 There may be a variable number of dates, and does not contain a complete list of consecutive dates (i.e. some dates have no associated data and are not in the list) I want to produce a calculation the that subtracts the MIN for each date from the MAX of each date. I do not necessarily have to display the max and min values - I am really after the result Date (max - min) 1/1/05 3 <12-9=3> 1/9/05 12 <16-4> What is the best way to do this? I have experimen...

cannot send email #2
I have exchange 5.5 sp4 I deleted a site last night and now I cant send emails out, event thought the imc sevices is on this server ...

Error Message 05-14-10
The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Test', Account: 'Windows Live Email', Server: 'smtp.live.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E Here is the error message that popped up when I tried to send a message (it was just a test) and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Can anyone help me??? Olivia Change port 25 to port 587. You can do so here: Go to Tools, Accounts, select that account, Properties, Advanced. --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) Microsoft MVP progra...

Not confirm delete of message in OL 03
I just had to reinstall OL 03 after a system crash and have forgotten how to have OL delete my email message without asking me to confirm that I really want to delete it. I cannot find the place to uncheck on the Tools | Options menus. Can someone remind me where to find this? Thanks. Bob S <BobS@nospam.com> wrote: > I just had to reinstall OL 03 after a system crash and have forgotten > how to have OL delete my email message without asking me to confirm > that I really want to delete it. I cannot find the place to uncheck > on the Tools | Options menus. Can someo...

Mail encoding in Entourage and Outlook for Mac (Beta-2)
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: Exchange Hi, <br><br>We have a problem with writing non English text in emails. If I write email which have Lithuanian letters in it, like( &amp;#260;&amp;#269;&amp;#281;&amp;#279;&amp;#303;�&amp;#371;&amp;#363;� ) recipient (Outlook 2007 or Apple Mail) receives this as ( &amp;#260;&amp;#269;&amp;#281;??�??� ). This can be solved with inclusion of any spacial symbol like Euro sign ( � ). If this sign is anywhere in the email text, Entourage or O...

Feet and Inches #2
I need to add the inch sign (") after a fraction to display a number with feet and inches. The fraction is in a separate cell by itself and I need to format it to display the fraction with the inch sign. For example: 5/8" Just to do the fraction, use the custom number format # ?/#\" However, to do feet and inches with the " requires a lot more math and formatting using the Text function. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "alfarmer01" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:25ff01c3e0ea$0c168f40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I need to add the in...

cannot send messages from outbox
I have checked all the previous posts I could find regarding how to send messages from the outbox. I am using a Gmail Account and even the test Account Settings won't work. It says: Log onto incoming mail server (POP3): The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port and SSL information is correct. To access these settings close this dialog, then click More Settings and click on the Advanced tab. Send test e-mail message: The specified server was found, but there was no response from the server. Please verify that the port a...

getting a message box with the unc file path
I need help getting a message box with a unc file path to pop up(ie. \ \server1\folder1\file1) my current code is Sub whatisfilepath() MsgBox ActiveWorkbook.Path End Sub i need to know if it is possable to have a unc file path any help is good help. Untried as I don't have a network at home but.... Private Declare Function WNetGetConnection Lib "mpr.dll" _ Alias "WNetGetConnectionA" _ (ByVal lpszLocalName As String, _ ByVal lpszRemoteName As String, _ cbRemoteName As Long) As Long 'basics created by Frank Isaacs (www.DolphinTechnology.com/Frank) '1...

How do you delete only 1 or 2 gridlines
Can anyone advise how to delete 1 or 2 gridlines. I know how to add them or remove them but need to only delete part of the four. Thanks Format-->Cells, Border tab. In the bottom-left of the dialog, click only on the ones that you want to UNdo. ************ Hope it helps! Anne Troy www.OfficeArticles.com "pauline21" <pauline21@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7947B9CA-5A5E-4BC9-AE5C-9C538BE4315E@microsoft.com... > Can anyone advise how to delete 1 or 2 gridlines. I know how to add them > or > remove them but need to only delete part of the f...

Outlook automatically deletes messages
Somehow I have changed a setting, and now my Outlook inbox automatically rids itself of messages over a week old. I need desperately to set it to keep all messages until I manually delete them; could you pleas provide explicit instuctions as to how to effect this change? Thanks in advance, Criag ALSO: I am running Outlook 200 on XP Pro >-----Original Message----- >Somehow I have changed a setting, and now my Outlook inbox >automatically rids itself of messages over a week old. > >I need desperately to set it to keep all messages until I >manually delete them; co...