Viewing Attached Images in OE2007

When I receive a message in Outlook 2007 that has several attached images is
there some way that I can quickly view these as a slide show ... without
having to click on each one individually to see them in a previewer?

Thanks.

0
young1 (6)

fripper, you  wrote on Sat, 26 Jul 2008 11:33:17 -0400:

> When I receive a message in Outlook 2007 that has several attached images is
> there some way that I can quickly view these as a slide show ... without
> having to click on each one individually to see them in a previewer?

Nope!

--
Best Regards
Christian Goeller

MVP - MS Outlook
http://www.outlookfaq.net
0
cg2706 (163)
7/26/2008 3:44:15 PM
Have you tried saving the attachments to a separate folder, perhaps on your
desktop, and then viewing them with a photo program?

"fripper" <young@indiana.edu> wrote in message
> When I receive a message in Outlook 2007 that has several attached images
> is there some way that I can quickly view these as a slide show ...
> without having to click on each one individually to see them in a
> previewer?
>
> Thanks.

0
jangro (136)
7/26/2008 5:22:50 PM
fripper <young@indiana.edu> wrote:

> When I receive a message in Outlook 2007 that has several attached
> images is there some way that I can quickly view these as a slide
> show ... without having to click on each one individually to see them
> in a previewer?

There's a third -party tool you can buy.  It's written by Outlook MVP Eric
Legault.
http://www.collaborativeinnovations.ca/products/pictureattwiz.htm

0
tillman1952 (16052)

MSOutlook 2000 Corrupts Incoming Mail Attachments
I am using MSOutlook 2000 on company LAN and attachments with incoming e-mails are being corrupted/lost. If I do not use MSOutlook but use webmail to view my mail on server, attachments are fine. What is going wrong? What happens if you select File | Save Attachments on one of these messages that have a corrupted/lost attachment? (or better stated, does the size field indicate that the attachment is still there even if you can't see it?) -- Neo [MVP Outlook] Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to this account will be deleted w/out reading. <anonymous@discussions.microsoft...

Operation Failed opening attachment
hi all, We have 2 machines here which randomly display the following error when trying to open attachments in outlook "operation failed" They are both running Win XP Pro using Outlook 2002 (10.6515.6626) SP3 Sometimes they open fine, other times they display the message, the attachments are normally word or excel files. Cheers in advanced.. ...

Cannot view file after double clicking on a file with 2007
Also, when I load excel, or word. When I click on the main menu button up in the left corner it doesn't show up. Granted it is Windows XP, but we have 394 machines give or take and they all work fine in Office. And they are all identical software setups. "Chris" wrote: > Also, when I load excel, or word. When I click on the main menu button up in > the left corner it doesn't show up. Another thing, I called Microsoft support today and some woman named Vija answered the phone. She was telling me with the file not showing up until clicking the balloon this is how...

Sending Attachments #14
In Outlook 2000, when I added an attachment to an e-mail message, the name of the attachment neatly appeared on a line just under the subject line. In Outlook 2003, when I add an attachment, a rather large icon representing the attachment appears plonk in the middle of the message, wherever the cursor was last located, just before I clicked on the attachment button. I've looked, but can't find any way to make Outlook 2003 behave as Outlook 2000 did. Is there a way? If so, what is it? Thanks. -- Bob S. "Bob" <xxxx@xxxxx.com> wrote in message news:esskk2tc2796h9en5...

Viewing messages #2
When I get e-mail and try to view the messages, they never come up. Can someone help me? Not yet. State your Outlook version, the type of mail transport you are using, whether you are using a preview pane or opening the message, etc. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Wleef33 asked: | When I get e-mail and try to view the messages, they | never come ...

ESM
Hi, I created some Public folders in OL 2003 before Xmas no problems as I am the administrator for the local domains server & Exchange admin. Today I tried to create additonal folders form my LAN XP machine but continually receive the error of: Unable to create the folder. You do not have sufficient permission to perform this operation on this object. See the folder contact or your system administrator. When I look at the folder properties in OL I see the folder contact is NT USER:S-1-5-21-606747145-1682526488-682003330-1109 but I have no idea who that is...or was more likely! If I then g...

double display in the Watch view with VC++6 sp6
Hi, Since the install of Visual Studio service pack 6 the double display differe in the Watch window of example before (with vc++ sp5) -7701.7701 give in the window -7701.7701 now (with the sp6) in obtain -7701.7700999999997 Thanks Why is this an issue? It strikes me as a bit of concern over an irrelevancy. Floating point isn't accurate anyway, so there is no particular reason to be concerned about trivial differences like this. joe On Wed, 30 Jun 2004 09:39:11 +0200, "Olivier" <olive@nospam.fr> wrote: >Hi, > >Since the install of Visual Studio service ...

Outlook lockes when promoting or viewing a promoted email
I have a user whose Outlook locks up for 30-45 minutes if he clicks on the CRM button in the toolbar, opens an email that is tracked in crm, or tries to promote an email to CRM. Also, when Outlook opens now and again Outlook reports a problem with the CRM addin, and it seems to remove it to start outlook correctly. We have completely removed the CRM client and it's entire database and did a complete clean install. This problem still occurs. I am going to check the .net framework version today, create a new Outlook profile, and a few other hints I have found online. But I could use som...

Any idea how to delete a custom portfolio view???
Anytime I select a custom portfolio view within Money 06 Deluxe Trial, it crashes Money and I have to reinstall (and not select that particular view) in order to use the Portfolio Manager function w/in Money. Money '05 Deluxe did the same thing, hence my "upgrade" to '06 Deluxe Trial. In what I thought was more than a strange coincidence, the same thing happened when I used Money online through MSN. It crashed Internet Explorer and now if I select Portfolio online, Internet Explorer must close. Any potential solutions other than deleting the view are most welcome. Thanks...

Send To as attachment
When I click the Send To (As attachment) from withing MS Excel, Outlook Express opens. When I do it from withing Word, AOL Opens. I want AOL to be the default for MS Excel too. How do I change this? ...

Trouble opening zip attachments
My Outlook 07 email has suddenly started trying to open every zip attachment with Internet Explorer, which doesn't work. I assume I must have somehow inadvertently changed the default setting for what Outlook uses to open this kind of attachment, but I can't find a way of re-setting that default. Any advice? Outlook doesn't choose what to open a file with, Windows does. Set the appropriate application to open a Zip file with in Windows Explorer. Tools > Folder Options > File Types. "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Try again: Using mail-to hyperlink with an attachment
I'm creating forms using Excel and Word. Somewhere in the form is an email address. I can use Edit-hyperlink to specify the recipient address of the email address as well as the subject field. Great. What I'd really like is to be able to specify that the form file itself (the ..doc or .xls) is also attached to the email message. I'd like to specify that right in the hyperlink. Then it can act as a workflow. I don't know anything about VBA so I'd rather not go there. Is this possible? Hi Hall, No, I don't think it is possible without some amount of VBA - I c...

Conditional Formatting for Image box on Continuous Forms
Hello again, This problem is driving me crazy. I am a car enthusiast and love taking photos of classic cars. I have a table which describes the make and model in a series of fields. There are several fields that contain a reference to photos of those cars. Ie: the fields are called "Front" "Side" "Rear" "Angle". My form has four image boxes to display the images stored in these fields. But when I open the form all the records show the images of the first car only. I asked about this a few days ago and was advised to check out http://www.lebans.co...

Cannot view print preview of HTML messages after IE7 uninstall
I can no longer view a print preview of HTML messages in OUtlook 2003 after uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2. Anyone know how to fix this? Have you tried reinstalling IE7 Beta 2? Patrick Schmid "QaT" <QaT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8662AD3-5552-4B70-967C-E602E792C439@microsoft.com... >I can no longer view a print preview of HTML messages in OUtlook 2003 after > uninstalling Internet Explorer 7 Beta 2. Anyone know how to fix this? Yes, and still does not work. Very annoying. Might Windows Repair fix this issue? "Patrick Schmid&...

Require Password to View Worksheet
I have a workbook with 12 worksheets. One of them contains data that i not for all to see. I'd like to require a password to view this on worksheet while leaving the remaining sheets open to all. Right now I' just hiding it, but I'd like to make it more secure. Any ideas? Thanks -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you protect the windows structure (tools|protect workbook), then that worksheet can't be shown (until the workbook is unprotected). The bad news is that there is code posted every day to do just that. If you really want to protect the info on that...

Cannot open attachments
I'm running Office 97 and when I try to open an excel attachment in Outlook I get the error message in Excel saying "The system cannot find the file specified" I ahve gone to the options and 'Ignore other applications' is ticked, I have ran the excel.exe /unregserver and /regserver command and reticked 'Ignore other applications', but still the same problem. Any ideas would be grateful. All I can suggest is you try saving the attachments first- it could b xl can't "see" the outlook file. If you want more help you might want to try the outlo...

Outlook 2003 messages with attachments hang
When I open an email with an attachment in Outlook 2003 Symantec will scan the attachment and Outlook will wait for 30 seconds before trying to open it again. I want the messages scanned, but it doesn't take 30 seconds to do so. My outlook 2000 clients do not have this problem and their attachments are scanned. Can I configure Outlook to wait 1 to 2 seconds before trying again? >-----Original Message----- >When I open an email with an attachment in Outlook 2003 >Symantec will scan the attachment and Outlook will wait >for 30 seconds before trying to open it again. ...

Outlook 2003 links and attachments
I am all for security, but when it gets in the way..look out! :^) Operating System XP Pro 2002 SP 1 (build 2600) Office 2003/Outlook 2003 ver. 11 (build 5608) Here is two of my problems: 1. I can open Outlook 2003 and attach a file to an email and send without problems. When I am on the Net, and go through IE I try to send a link. Outlook strips the .com or .html or what ever the extension is from the link, making the link useless. 2. If I need to send a file from my hard drive to someone and use the "Send To" option with the right click, I get the new mail window with the attac...

Windows Mail can't receive attachment from Outlook 2003
My friend using Outlook 2003 send a email that content attachment to me ( using Windows Mail) and the others friend that (using Outlook 2007). I can received the email but the attachment is missing, but the others friend he can received this email and the attachment together. Any solutions for this issue? Please help. Ask your friend (and any other Outlook users) to only send messages to you in Plain Text format, especially if there's an attachment. Keen wrote: > My friend using Outlook 2003 send a email that content attachment to me ( > using Windows Mail) an...

Be able to Center the texct in datasheet View
Hi Guys, Does anyone know how to center the text in Datasheet view?? Is it possible?? many thnaks for your input!! Cheers, Select the fields in the form design view and set them to center. -- Daryl S "DontKnow" wrote: > Hi Guys, > > Does anyone know how to center the text in Datasheet view?? Is it possible?? > > many thnaks for your input!! > > Cheers, ...

Cannot open an attachment #2
Hello, I work with Microsoft Outlook 2000. Since, I've updated my Acrobat Reader to 7.0 version, I cannot open PDF attachment files from outlook. The message I get is :"The system cannot find the file specified". I think it cannot find the new Acrobat Reader exe file, but it is looking for the 6.0 version I had before. Is there a way to check it, change it ? Thanks, Janiv Ratson. Does it behave in the same manner outside of Outlook? If so, you may only have to reassign its file association. Control Panel > Folder Options, select File Types, scroll down to PDF files and hi...

Iterate through collection of attachments
In my Outlook.Attachment collection I want to be able to distinguish between real attachments as opposed to images that have been embedded in the message body. However, in the attachment collection of objects, I am not sure how I can do this as they are all just treated as attachments and there is no distinguishing feature that I acn see to tell them apart. File type will not suffice I dont think? Outlook.MailItem mi = (get MSG file from database); // Iterate through the attachments foreach (Outlook.Attachment att in mi.Attachments) { // I only want to save real attachments, eg i...

Attachment problem #2
Our site includes Exchange2003 server and Outlook97/xp/2003 clients. An e-mail with attachment (Office appl) sent from specific sender to a number of recipients in different organization. Only to our site the attached file came damaged so that you can't open this file while the same file is received in a proper shape and can be opened in other site/organization (for instance at hotmail.com). What can be the reason? Would someone be able to help me solving this problem, please ? Thank you in advance Ben What are you using for AV/Content Filtering? On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 01:41:01 -0700...

PWA My Tasks -> Go to -> Task Gantt View
In Project Server 2007 PWA My Tasks -> Go to -> Task Gantt View is greyed out for all users. I cannot seem to find this view or set permissions for it. Pete: Server Settings > Task Settings and Display Select the check box at the bottom for "Enable ActiveX Gantt view for all users." -- Gary L Chefetz, MVP, MCT, MCITP msProjectExperts http://www.msprojectexperts.com FAQs and Reference http://www.projectserverexperts.com BLOG: http://projectserverhelp.com "Pete Hay" <PeteHay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7FDEB2FE-89...

view outlook calendar in web browser
I know there should be people who ask the same question before what I want is display the calendar in the outlook in a web page not using file->save as web page method it is sort of synchronizing with the outlook calendar whenever appointments changes, it will also show in the webpage the outlook i am using is 2002 version, and I am not using outlook web access to do this. need your help. thanks If you want a method that isn't built into Outlook, see = http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/olpubcal.htm for available solutions. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Micros...