View

In Outlook/Contacts/View/By Company, how do I get the Companies to
appear in collapsed mode?  Thanks in advance.
0
mrnevarez (5)

In the view, right click on the field header, choose Customize View, click
Group-By then set the Expand/Collapse defaults to "All Collapsed"

"Michael" <mrnevarez@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> In Outlook/Contacts/View/By Company, how do I get the Companies to
> appear in collapsed mode?  Thanks in advance.

0
vince8328 (2733)
11/3/2005 5:52:03 PM
thanks

On Thu, 3 Nov 2005 12:52:03 -0500, "Vince Averello [MVP-Outlook]"
<vince@omegageek.com> wrote:

>In the view, right click on the field header, choose Customize View, click
>Group-By then set the Expand/Collapse defaults to "All Collapsed"
>
>"Michael" <mrnevarez@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> In Outlook/Contacts/View/By Company, how do I get the Companies to
>> appear in collapsed mode?  Thanks in advance.

0
mrnevarez (5)

Automattically generate Microsoft Exchange Views....what to use?
I am using Outlook 2003 to bring down pop3 email and also synch with Hotmail. Should I have the "Automatically generate Microsoft Exchange Views" box ticked? Outlook seems better with it unticked. Iam beginning to wonder if that was the cause of my hangs. -- JohnPerry@redoak.co.ukNOSPAM (delete NOSPAM) www.redoak.co.uk www.eze-buy.co.uk No, that setting is relevant only if you're connecting to Exchange server. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlook...

Trouble Viewing Zipped Attachments
When receiving an email in Outlook with an attachment that is zipped, when opening the zipped attachment there is no file present and nothing to extract. This happens with zip files that contain files with extension .doc. I am unsure if it occurs with other file types. I am running Windows XP and have Office 2002. Would installing Office XP SP3 correct this problem? ...

disconne3ct or unlink data label from data etxt box in design view
Access 07 on WinXP Have used report wizard to create basic reports. Want to move the data labels in the headers independently of the data field. really want to "stack" multiple fields in header and deatil area. Isn;t there some way to disconnect the label from the data field to enable this? Because of gropupings and headings, I would like to move some of the lower level fields back to the left to improve readability. Anyone have way around this aggravation for me? JR - You can delete all the headers and then replace them with labels in whatever format you wan...

udate for internet explorer 8 compatibility view list vista KB978
Since update installed internet explorer has stopped working,how do i uninstall? I have same problem - caused by D.E.P. I think!- Try removing IE 8.; but would like to know how to stop Auto Updates! "Teddyboy" <Teddyboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E7014C77-4D13-42B9-9E4C-ED01E2501FA8@microsoft.com... > Since update installed internet explorer has stopped working,how do i > uninstall? ...

Export Fields in Design View of Access to Excel
Is there a way to take the fields in the Design view of a MS Access table (Field Name, Data Type and Description) and export that or copy and past it to excel? So for example, as we create our tables, we have Field Name Owner Data Type Text Description Owner of the Contact How could I export that...not the actual data in those fields but the field properties essentially? Did that make sense? Dano On Aug 21, 3:32 pm, SteveM <Ste...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Curious...why would you want to do that? > > You can get these field properties through VBA and then use ...

How do you block sales people from viewing other sales peoples activities?
When I give user level read permision to Accounts, Contacts, etc., other users cannot print reports on other user contacts and accounts, but they can still read them. I don't want them to be able to read each others accounts and contacts. They can do this using Advanced Find or the View lists. I can prevent them from accessing all accounts and contacts on the view lists by sharing them only with an admin team, but this does not work for Activities because System Customization does not include Activities in the list. I don't know how to keep them from reading each others r...

IE8 Compatibility View List KB982632
IE8 Compatibility View List KB982632 Earlier this AM, checked Microsoft Updates, bon per adventure. 2 were available : Update for Root Certificates [May 2010] (KB931125) D/L'ed and installed OK... Update for Internet Explorer 8 Compatibility View List for Windows XP (KB982632) Installation Failure ; Error Code: 0x8007F0DA Already followed http://support.microsoft.com/kb/958050 - no joy. Just got a systray notify, and successfully updated Silverlight... Update for Microsoft Silverlight (KB982926) successful and fast, but the above KB931125 failed yet aga...

viewing TIFF files
Hi, I posted this question a little while back, however, the fix didn't work. Our church designs and prints bulletins for other nearby churches using Pub. 2000. They use a set of clipart discs with religious symbols and such to add art to these bulletins. The clipart is TIFF formatted. The TIFF files print fine, however when you view them on screen prior to printing they are displayed as black blocks. The suggested fix was to assure the picture viewer was set to "display detail". Doing this did not change the graphic's display though. It may be worth noting that these T...

Custom views in Excel
Is it possible to have a custom view for multiple worksheets with the same name within the same workbook? As an example, I have a workbook that has 10 worksheets. Each worksheet has different print areas. I want to be able to use the worksheet to report both monthly and quarterly data. The monthly data would have a smaller print area and the quarterly would have a larger print area; again, each worksheet has a different print area, because some have more data than the others. If I set up one custom view on one worksheet, when I go to view that in another worksheet, it takes ...

Screen view
I have a workbook that will not display using the full screen. It is only using half the depth available. I have tried all of the settings I can, I have tried to drag the bottom down. There are no icons to minimise or maximise the window. I don't know what to do. Any suggestions. What happens when you double(!) click on the top frame of that sheet - where it says: Book1 or Book2 ?.. Micky "T Rev" wrote: > I have a workbook that will not display using the full screen. It is only > using half the depth available. I have tried all of the settings I can, I ...

How do I make a scroll bar continually update the view while dragg
How do I make a scroll bar continually update the view while dragging? Chris, You could try calling RedrawWindow in your scroll-message handlers. Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "Chris Baker" <ChrisBaker@discussions.microsoft.com> a �crit dans le message de news:C84684F9-B916-43DE-93F8-34E241B5D651@microsoft.com... > How do I make a scroll bar continually update the view while dragging? ...

How to get the drawing overlay of View DC
Hi Group Below is my function to draw a line at view (SDI Application) So i am drawing on the view DC which gets destroyed/disappears when the OnPaint gets called/(application gets focus etc). So how am i to draw on a permanent overlay of the view. I wouldnt want to go into DirectDraw now ;-) I am currently displaying image (8bit) but i want to do my drawing in colour. I used to do drawing on the overlay created by my imaging sdk, but now i want to do my own drawing. HDC hDC; CDC *pdc = NULL; hDC=GetDC(pParentView->m_hWnd); //m_hWnd of view) if(hDC) pdc = CDC::FromHandle(hDC); if(!pd...

Form does not open in design view
I have form with subform and buttons. This form is the main data entry form which allows user to view, and edit data, and open few other forms thru this also. While I am in design view of this form, I get a memory error - something like "You do not have enough memory to perform this operation, close all other application". I closed all other open windows application. Then hit OK. but the message stays. Then Access 2003 terminates, and gives the Microsoft "Send Error Report" message. The database did not create a backup copy, which it should. Now I open the ...

Viewing Outlook Messages in a Larger Font (After you click to open
I have been able to change my views to a larger font in outlook, except when I click on the message to open it, the message itself does not appear in a larger font. Please advise if this is possible, and if so, how. Thank you ...

Open database so only form in view no menu bars etc...
Hi, i am doing a project at uni in access 07 and am looking for a way to hide all the toolbars/menubars when you open a database initially, i only want the forms to be viewed and am having trouble do you need to write code? if so where do you put it? i have used access 03 before and i'm sure i just made an autoexec macro but that doesnt seem to work in 07 - any help would be appreciated... -- Gareth Boughtwood University of Brighton, Sussex, ...

Viewing OWA using the Outlook Full Client Browser
I just tried to access my corporate email account using OWA from within the Outlook full client running on my personal machine. I find it quite funny that OWA serves up its non-IE version when displayed using browser built into Outlook. Not really considering Outlook is running in a much higher security configuration than Internet Explorer and has a lot of features disabled. Just curious; why are you accessing the OWA website via Outlook? Ask your email admin if they also offer direct access to the corporate email servers via Outlook Anywhere (RPC over HTTP). -- Robe...

viewing problem in Excel
Hi all, I work with spreadsheets at work and I have a problem with viewing the templates that are set up. There are certain cells that are shaded Grey which I Tab through to enter data but the Grey isn't showing whilst I need to enter the data but when I enter print preview all the shaded areas are there where they should be. I use several different spreadsheets and it is the same on all of them. The greyed areas show only in print preview. Any ideas anyone? Thanks. If all workbooks and worksheets, perhaps this fix............... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kb...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ?
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman Change the view/arrange by settings in the Sent Items folder instead. Use Outlook's Navigation Pane view to make it easier to configure. "...

Problem with running an action query on a view
Hi, I'm confused as to why the following line of code didn't work in my Access 2007 version.... currentproject.Connection.Execute "INSERT INTO tblCashFlowsHistorical_OUT SELECT * FROM vw_Principal" Where vw_Principal is a View on a table. Basically the code ran, with no errors, however the expected results were not achieved. Yet when I changed the above to "Currentdb.Execute" this did work. Is this a bug in the ACE db engine? Thanks Rob Problem solved.... The view was using the "*" wildcard character which is fine when us...

Larger View of Report Design
Is there any way to zoom into the report design view to make it easier to read as you are creating the report? I've tried adding the zoom button to the tool bar, but it doesn't work. Thanks! Karen Karen I'm not aware of a feature comparable to the Word zoom functionality. On the other hand, if you are having trouble reading the info in your report, wouldn't your users have trouble reading the report also? Can you use a larger font? On yet another hand, if you need magnification, I seem to recall that Windows has an Accessibility feature (no relationship to Access...

0x80040216 error when attempt to view calendar
Has anybody seen the following error when attempting to open the Calendar? All users at my site get this problem. This is a new installed and I've install Update Rollup 2. I've seen documentation for this error related to Workflow (suggested fix Update Rollup 1) but not for Calendar. Any help would be much appreciated. The full error is as follows: at ErrorInformation.LogError() at ErrorInformation..ctor(Exception exception, Uri requestUrl) at MainApplication.Application_Error(Object sender, EventArgs e) at EventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, EventArgs e) at HttpApplication.RaiseOnE...

Showing a DateTime in a View???
Is there a way to modify a view (Grid) to show the date and time not just the date? My users have the same reques as Jake. I have placed the Due Date field through CRM (Associated View Customization), which is the scheduledstart field in SQL. However, only the scheduledstart date is displayed and not the time. Any input on this would be greatly appreciated? Lorenzo On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 12:16:17 -0500, "Jake Horn" <jhorn_remove_@order4chaos_nospam.com> wrote: >Is there a way to modify a view (Grid) to show the date and time not just >the date? > ...

View transaction history
I'm trying to find a way to view individual transactions in RMS that includes the individual items sold in that transaction. I have been using the receipt viewer, but for credit card receipts, it just shows me the total, not the individual items sold. I'm guessing there is a way to create a report for that, but I have no idea how to? HI, it seems that you have disable this in receipt, whereas when you view any credit card receipt it show you the first page of customer and then the transaction sometimes it is reverse. Look at carefully the viewer and scroll down the screen you ...

Subform question re: datasheet view
I am working with Access 2003. I have a main form and subform. My subform is in datasheet view. I would like to know if in a subform - datasheet view you can freeze the column headings so that when you scroll down you can keep the column heading? (like in Excel you can freeze columns/row). Thank you for any help you can provide. The column headings should be the field names and there is no freezing to be done. Are you inserting a record with headings? If so the is the wrong thing to do in Access database. -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "TotallyConfused&quo...

Calendar view in outlook
Hello, Using Outlook 2000, but for some reason, can't view other people's free/busy except for the next 30 days. thanks, ken Figured out my problem...it's a setting on each clients free/busy settings in the calendar options..if you want to see my calendar, I have to set my calendar settings, not vice versa...thanks anyway, ken >-----Original Message----- >Hello, >Using Outlook 2000, but for some reason, can't view other >people's free/busy except for the next 30 days. thanks, ken >. > ...