View Ruler/Tabs in Outlook2007

Maybe it's right in front of my eyes, but I don't see it. In Outlook
2003 I could select View, Ruler from the menu to display the ruler (a
la Word) and see or change tab settings. It doesn't appear that
there's an equivalent command in 2007, but I would like to know how to
see what the current tab settings are and to change them. Thanks for
your help,

         Tanys

0
tanyar (30)

On Feb 8, 10:01 am, "Tanya" <tan...@greenhosp.org> wrote:
> Maybe it's right in front of my eyes, but I don't see it. In Outlook
> 2003 I could select View, Ruler from the menu to display the ruler (a
> la Word) and see or change tab settings. It doesn't appear that
> there's an equivalent command in 2007, but I would like to know how to
> see what the current tab settings are and to change them. Thanks for
> your help,
>
>          TanyaP
Well, it was right in front of my eyes, sort of, but kind of obscure.
Just by accident I noticed an icon at the top of the vertical scroll
bar in a message. It toggles the display of the ruler bar.

TanyaP

0
tanyar (30)

tab order (VC6)
I'm trying to use tab order at design time to show one component above the other. I have two labels and two picture controls. I'm using only standard VC6 controls. First picture shows above label, but I can't force second picture to show above label. :( Please, help. In my experience, tab order does not alter drawing order. I've usually worked around this by drawing the background image on the dialog box itself by overriding CMyDialog::OnPaint() - it's possible to use a hidden static control to make the size and location accessible in the resource editor: ...

Is Doc/View Architecture really needed?
Hi I wanted to try some codes last night and start a default MFC app. with Doc/view support. But it gives so much compiler and run-time error because of doc/view, i forgot what i want then began to correct the code. Do you really need Doc/view or do you use doc/view architecture in your projects? Or you begin with empty project? I want to learn when it is not necessary and when it is. Have you ever faced Doc/View archtecture become painful in your recent projects? I am looking for your opinions. Thanks. If you are going to have "data" and represent it on the "screen"...

Receiving the "DING" chime when using Alt+Tab to toggle between open worksbooks
I have recently encountered an annoying problem with MS Excel 2000. When I use Alt+Tab to toggle between open workbooks, I receive the Windows default "DING" sound. This usually would indicate to me that I am attempting an incorrect keystroke, function or operation within Excel. There does not appear to be any type of conflict or error occurring when I receive the alert, but I am starting to get annoyed with it. Does someone have a simple solution other than turning the "DING" off altogether? It is often a helpful tool. J D Caspall I'm not sure if this app...

Keeping Outlook2007 in Background
I have Outlook2007 and have problem that some incoming e-mails switch Outlook from the background to come in front of my front application that I want to keep in front. I can't find any preferences to set that will keep this from happening. Any solutions? "pestocat" <gel114@theconnection.com> wrote in message news:674247F4-CC24-4970-A070-A195658EA441@microsoft.com... >I have Outlook2007 and have problem that some incoming e-mails switch Outlook >from the background to come in front of my front application that I want to >keep in front. I can't find an...

Strange tabbed dialog message pump issue
I am running into a nasty issue that I don't quite understand. My application has a tabbed dialog type control (Stingray Tab-Wnd control) contained in a CFormView object. Within some of the tabs are CDialog-derived windows containing a grid control. I initialize all tab windows when the form view opens. The grid control also has an OnInitialUpdate method that gets called. When a tab is clicked, if it's the first time, a call is made to the tab to fill the grid. After the CFormView initialization is complete I active the first tab programatically and it fills it's gri...

Pressing Tab to add a new record at the end of one record in a for
Back in Access 97 and 2003, I noticed that when you reach the end of a record in a form and press tab, it used to take you to a new record. But, in Access 2007, it's not doing that. Please let me know what I need to check for to enable this function. There's a form property (Cycle) that affects how a <Tab> affects the screen. You can set it to (re-)cycle back through the fields of the record you're on, or move to the next record. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "briangw" <briangw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:329198...

UK Money 2005 Portfolio Valuation View is blank
I tried to customise the Porfolio Valuation view, which seems to have corrupted itself. It no longer displays any lines and just correctly displays the total in the blue area of the screen. On clicking Change Portfolio view | customise current view | Portfolio Culumns Tab shows that the Display column box is empty. Clicking on the reset to default button re-populates the box and saving does not rectify the problem. As no stocks are display going through the Change Portfolio view | customise current view | Portfolio Culumns Tab shows that the Display column box is again empty. How do I rectify...

Folder positions/tab
How do you set folder hierarchy for InBox. Each new one want to indent and I want it outdented to far left as other personal folders exist. Thanks Hi Tom, To create a new folder on the same level as your Inbox you need to select the Personal Folder file at the very top level, then right-click and choose new folder. If you have the Inbox selected when you create a folder, it will create it as a subfolder. Thanks, Scott Atkins MCSE, MCSA Partner Technical Lead - Outlook Microsoft Technical Support for Platforms and Business Applications -------------------- >Content-Class: urn:conte...

Seperate document for Splitter views
Hi My app shows 2 graph views seperated by a splitter. The base graphview class is the same say CGraphView if i use splitter.CreateView(0,0,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)... splitter.CreateView(0,1,RUNTIME_CLASS(CGraphView)... they both use the same document class but i need them to show graphs frm different docs if i make 2 objects of the CGraphView how can i use the objects as CRuntimeClass*??? is there any other solution. rgds fordge fordge wrote: > Hi > My app shows 2 graph views seperated by a splitter. > > The base graphview class is the same say CGraphView > > if...

Viewing pictures within received emails
When I receive an email with a picture attached I have to dbl click on the image to view it. How can I get Outlook to display the image within the email? You can't. Outlook only displays pictures in-line when they are inserted in-line by the sender of the mail by Insert-> Picture... -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tips of the month: -Setting Permissions on a Mailbox -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "David McCullough" <anonymous@dis...

Retrieve attachments from notes tab of an entity
Hi Guys, In crm 3.0 usually we will attach any files to an entity through notes tab ..Simply i want to retrieve and display those attachments in an aspx page created by using VS.NET 2005. Can anybody provide crmcode for retrieving attachements from notes tab of an entity to aspx page. Waiting for replies. Thanks in advance Prabhakar ...

Copy a column and paste to another tab to save the data for each m
How can I copy a column B10:B70 a spread sheet have 60 rows of calculation and I want to I click save button it will copy and paste just a value to separate tab name Estimate for each month . It need to check on cell B6 if it a month 1 or 2 or 3....to 12 so it will copy and paste data to a correct column for each month. thanks Liem Pho If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgroup and the subject line 3. You send a clear explanation of what you...

Excel Tabs #2
Is there anyway to colour the worksheet tabs in Excel 2000? Cheers, Phil no only available in ver 2002 & above -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "PW11111" <PW11111@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA533D16-C503-4FA4-97BD-E6E65DB4AF59@microsoft.com... > > Is there anyway to colour the worksheet tabs in Excel 2000? > > Cheers, > > Phil ...

How to view a complete schema when using schema includes/imports?
I've got a parent schema file that references complex element types that are defined in several "child" schema files and I used the schema imports statement to include them into the parent schema's default namespace. I would like to generate a complete/single-file instance of the schema to simplify things but I can't figure out how to do it. Each schema seems to live in it's respective memory space inside the SchemaIncludesCollection. Any idea how I could traverse all of the "virtual" nodes in the parent schema to create a physical representation of what t...

Outlook 2003 Task View formatting
Does anyone have a way to format a Task item when in Outlook Task view, such as, highlighting a particular Task row? yes. Explain what you want to do. Or just go and look at the Automatic Formatting function. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "brightenmyoutlook" <rjbeaupre@gmail.com> wrote in message news:278e5a3c-63c3-479a-bc15-391e492495b3@v36g2000yqv.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone have a way to f...

Continuous Forms View Question
Is it possible to prevent the blank New Record row from appearing at the bottom of a form whose default view is Continuous without setting the form's Allow Additions property to False? If I choose to add a new record that's fine, but once the new record has been added I'd like for the empty fields to go away until I ask to add another record. Thanks! -- If you can read this, thank a Teacher... If your reading it in English, thank a Veteran! What you are actually asking for is to disable standard functionallity which should be there in the first place and enable it when you&#...

Close button on tabs
I have a tab control with icons + labels. I want to include a little 'x' on the top-right corner of each tab (a close button). I suspect I'm going to need to create a custom control. My question is: Is is possible to subclass or somehow utilize CTabCtrl so that I don't have to recreate the entire control form a CWnd or CStatic control? If so, how? Thank you all. You can owner-draw the CTabCtrl. Here is a sample. http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/controls/controls/tabcontrols/article.php/c2237 You could draw the "X" in the DrawItem() code. -SM On Sep 9, 2:56=A0am, Se...

excel function to get tab name
On the first tab in my worksheet, I have several cells in a colum in which the cell reference returns the value of cell A1 from the subsequent tabs. For example, the workbook has 10 tabs named Tab1, Tab2...Tab10, and in Tab1, the formula in cell A2 is "=Tab2!A1", and the formula in cell A3 is "=Tab3!A1"....cell A10 is "Tab10!A1". Sometimes, I will add and delete these subsequent tabs (Tab2 through Tab10) and then have to manually re-link the references to A1 on each of these tabs back to the column on Tab1. Is there some way to do this with a relative r...

dual screens, split 2 ppts to view 1 on each, how?
trying to view 2 different ppts with dual monitors, one on each screen. how do I do this? they want to stack one on top of another instead. Try View > Cascade then move and resize as needed. "anvilhead" wrote: > trying to view 2 different ppts with dual monitors, one on each screen. how > do I do this? they want to stack one on top of another instead. Anvilhead, I have to first Restore Down the PPT program (just left of the Red X in upper right hand corner) then click and drag the opwn window to cover both monitors, then select the "view" tab, a...

Displaying Dialogs in Views
I've got several dialogs that I'd like to have up all the time and allow the user to, say, drag the mouse across items in one view and have their definition show up in the other view. At the moment I've got a dialog that comes up by doing a right click that displays the definition, but it takes over the mouse and you have to clear the dialog before you can get back to the main view. Since the Dialog works fine and is in the format I want, is there any easy way to create a new view, on the other side of the splitter bar and just plug that dialog in? I realize I'd need to have so...

How can you hide system defined views in CRM 4.0
In CRM 3.0 you could share the System view to remove them from a users list of views. I cannot see the Share functionality of Views in CRM 4.0 to do the same thing. How can you hide system views in CRM 4.0 Unfortunately, in v4.0 the system views cannot be hidden. This would be a good suggestions for next update. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "B" wrote: > In CRM 3.0 you could share the System view to remove them from a users list > of views. I cannot see the Share functionality of Views in CRM 4.0 t...

Multiple calendar view?
Outlook 2003, At my workplace everybody maintains their own calendar in Outlook at their workstation, but they are shared across the network. So if I want to see where someone is today I just call up their calendar. But is there a way to view all shared calendars at once? That is, I would like to have everybody's appointments and events from their calendars merged together into one (yes, it will be very "busy" but that's okay) calendar so that I have a "big picture" of what's going on at the company? Thanks for any suggestions, ~d. jettster Dexter...

Adding new record in tab subform
Hi everyone, I have a main form, frmMain with a tab control.. There are 2 pages on the tab control and each page has a subform containing only several option groups These subforms are linked to main form by Child and Master relationship. What I would to do is when I click a button on the main form I would like both the subforms add a new blank page of option groups for user to check. I was able to get a blank new record for the second page or subform but not the first page or subform. Can someone please correct my code? Thanks Private Sub cmdNew_Click() On Error GoTo Err_cmdNew_Click...

Viewing Macro..
Is there a way to view a VBS macro without running it? Someone sent me a macro, but I don't know that it can be trusted. I do want to run it, I did scan it with Norton and it found nothing, but Excel warns me against opening it. Hi, Unless its protected, you can press Alt+F8, select it from the list and click Edit. Of course if you don't know VBA, you probably won't know if its safe or not. Of course you could post the code to the newgroup. You first line of defense is to consider the source, do you trust the person who sent you the file? -- If this helps, please c...

Unviewable View
Greetings! I've created a view in the CRM database through SQL Server Management Studio that is viewable to me. but not to anyone else, including people. This also applies to any non-Filtered table. Can anyone suggest a reason for this? This will be a permissions issue. You need to ensure that the CRM Security Groups (SQLAccessGroup etc) have access. Note that in general creating additional objects in the CRM database is unsupported - in general you should create your objects (eg views etc) in a separate database. Regards, Chris http://mscrm4u.blogspot.com ...