View messages by Message Timeline

When working with message views I selected view current
view by "Message Timeline" and find the format very
useful for keeping chronologic track of events.
The question is that from time to time a bar of varying
length appears over some of the messages and I'm not sure
what it means.  At fires I thought it had something to do
with the number of message threads but some of the
messages with few threads had longer bars than the ones
with a good number of threads.

Does anyone know what these thing are?

0
datzme2 (1)

That bar generally shows how long you were working on the item in
question...in the case of an e-mail message, if you keep the message open
for any length of time, you might see the bar increase in length.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

In news:09e901c3bf58$c46386b0$3101280a@phx.gbl,
Kevin wrote:

> When working with message views I selected view current
> view by "Message Timeline" and find the format very
> useful for keeping chronologic track of events.
> The question is that from time to time a bar of varying
> length appears over some of the messages and I'm not sure
> what it means.  At fires I thought it had something to do
> with the number of message threads but some of the
> messages with few threads had longer bars than the ones
> with a good number of threads.
>
> Does anyone know what these thing are?

Viewing shared contacts and exporting them
Before I attempt to do this, please let me know if this is feasible? We have Outlook 2003 with MS Exchange server. The scenario: Each empolyee puts selected contacts in a separate Contacts folder in our Outlook and share that folder with all employees who would have Reviewer permissions (can view and read, but not edit). When it is time to export these contacts for a master non-Microsoft contact database, the database administrator at her desk opens each of these shared folders over the network and exports the contacts. She then preps the data for importing into the master contact dat...

Outlook REPLY-original messages CORRUPTED #2
--------------7B5202BC8A88DA48FD138868 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit When replying to an email, the sender's portion gets lost... Sequence of events: I send a msg to correspondant. Correspondant replies I get reply. It contains both her msg and my original message. I press reply. The msg displayed for me to reply contains my original message, but NOT Correspondant's reply. What is happenning and how can be fixed? Leo --------------7B5202BC8A88DA48FD138868 Content-Type: text/html; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit <!d...

A warning message
I am running into a warning message when I try to print within a workbook. The warning message is: No more new fonts may be applied to this workbook. Can someone tell me why I am getting this message and how I can get rid of it. -- sjackson ------------------------------------------------------------------------ sjackson's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=18052 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=373980 I suspect you have falling foul of this http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;213904 You c...

Getting top down org view with PowerShell
Does anyone have any quick code samples that can return a list of all reports to a manager and below? I'm looking to make some distribution groups based on a manager and all their reports (direct and otherwise). Thanks! Steven Presley wrote: > Does anyone have any quick code samples that can return a list of all > reports to a manager and below? I'm looking to make some distribution > groups based on a manager and all their reports (direct and otherwise). > > Thanks! If you're using LDAP Filters using LDAP_MATCHING_RULE_IN_CHAIN should return ...

Cannot view single page, lots of space under the page
Ok I have a 7 page pub 2003 doc. For some reason now when I click on the pages, i am not just stuck on one page, i can scroll down and there is a bunch of extra space. So when I click on print preview, it shows my page, and 3 blank pages. how do i delete those? I have 7 pages complete, but each of them have all this extra space??SO confused! Please help if you can!!!! Sounds like it accidentally got changed to a web publication. From the File menu, click Page Setup and see what it says. -- Computing should be about insight, not numbers or flash. i chaged it back, and it shows a pre...

how can I avoid missing WM_LBUTTONUP message?
Hello, Inside my WM_LBUTTONDOWN handler, I call SetCapture() so that if the user moves off my control before letting up on the mouse button, I will still receive the WM_LBUTTONUP message. Inside my WM_LBUTTONUP handler, I'm calling ReleaseCapture. However, it seems if the user presses down on the mouse, and then a MessageBox pops up before he lets up on the mouse, I am not getting the WM_LBUTTONUP message. My assumption is that the MessageBox is reclaiming the capture, and my control is losing it. I am aware that I can be alerted of this condition by handling WM_CAPTURECHANGED. I&#...

Old Messages Being Resent
I am running Exhange 5.5 with NT 4.0 (I know, don't laugh). I moseyed in this morning and found out that messages sent to our parent company only (not internal, and not internet mail) were resent over the weekend multiple times...one guy said he got 137 messages. Some of these messages go all the way back to April and have since been deleted from Sent items and no longer in the user's mailbox. I have checked my Internet Mail Connector and find nothing wrong there or with any particular mailbox. Any insight into what would cause this is greatly appreciated. BCD Hi BCD, The ma...

Default View Advanced Find
When I click Advanced Find, it defaults to Contacts. What are the steps for having it default to Accounts which is what my salesforce primarily searches on? Thank you. The default is hardcoded to Contacts within Microsoft.Crm.Application.Pages.Search.dll A work around would be to modifiy the window.onload() funciton in ....\crm\Search\search.aspx Just add the line: objSelectControl.setValue("1,account"); Or one of the following other value's: 1,account 134,activity 112,incident 123,competitor 2,contact 1010,contract 1090,invoice 4,lead 3,opportunity 1088,salesorder 1024...

Customizing Views in OL2003 across a "Personal Folders" folder set
My company has migrated to Outlook 2003 and I would like to make some changes to the new Default Views. I have read the tips at outlook-tips.net and gone through this group in some detail but have not been able to accomplish my goals I have a bunch of folders saved on my local drive under "Personal Folders" which is on the same tree level as the main mailbox. I would like to 1) Disable Grouping 2) Disable the Reading Pane For 1) I tried View->Define Views->... per outlook-tips.net but it did not work across the subfolders in the Personal Folders directory. I also tried dis...

OWA clients can not see message contents
AD2003 sp1 w/ Exchange 2003sp1 one front end server and one mailbox server. Front end server is in a DMZ. Recently, my users have reported to me that they are unable to see the contents of messages while logged into OWA. The message header information is there however, there is not a message body. We have also noticed that messages that have attachments get 404 errors when you try to open them from OWA. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. JH Check the security settings on their IE. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" ...

Error: "Unable to send the message ... 0x800CCC78"
No info in MS KnowledgeBase about this error message summarized in Subject Line in MS Outlook 2003 I am getting when trying to send an outbound e-mail message. Comcast.net does not know why I keep getting. I can receive inbound e-mail just fine. All e-mail account settings verified and re-verified. Any ideas? Thanks. John Hoffmann Does the outgoing SMTP server require authentication? If so you need to check the box in tools - email accounts - change/view - more settings - outgoing server Suzanne, Good idea but, unfortunately, we've tried that as well. JHH >-----Origina...

Mail sent using MailMessage class displays "TO" and "CC" recepients in the message body when sent to large number of recepients
I'm using System.Web.Mail to send an email message from an ASP.NET web page. This is the main section of the C# code. //************* start code ***************************** string[] mailHost = (System.Configuration.ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings.GetValues("mailserver")); //Get data from page string toAddress = ((tbTo.Text==null)||(tbTo.Text.Equals(String.Empty)))?String.Empty:tbTo.Text.Trim(); string ccAddress = ((tbCC.Text==null)||(tbCC.Text.Equals(String.Empty)))?String.Empty:tbCC.Text.Trim(); string subjectLine = ((tbSubject.Text==null)||(tbSubject.Text.Equals(String.Em...

Holding the view of column one
Good morning, I want to hold the view of column one while working on other columns. What is the best approach to my need? Thank you, Mark Windows>Freeze panes -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Mark S." <Mark S.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DDD2DBD-1BF5-4D11-AA96-86368E7BA8E6@microsoft.com... > Good morning, > > I want to hold the view of column one while working on other columns. What > is the best approach to my need? > > Thank you, Mark ...

Different Default Views by Users
How can I set up different default view for different Security Roles. I want for Salespearson to see My Accounts by default and for Sales Manager to see All Accounts by default. Hi, I don't think it is possible to set different default views for different security roles. But if you want to let the salesperson see only his accounts, just narrow his read rights in his roles to user only. Then the default view All Accounts will just show his own accounts based on the security role. But this solution will not work if the salesperson want's to be able to access accounts other than ...

All messages with attachments are blocked
I installed Exchange 2003 and everything seems to be okay. Messages flow through the organization and messages that do not have attachments can come from the outside. Any messages from the outside with attachments are blocked and the receiver gets the error message the the message exceeded the size limit. Please help. I have set the properties of the incoming and outgoing to unlimited in the SMTP virtual server. Karen On Wed, 16 Nov 2005 09:44:25 -0500, "Karen Killinger-Humes" <khumes@velocity.net> wrote: >I installed Exchange 2003 and everything seems to be ...

how set view>zoom>75% for always
Thanks for any help. My Excel zoom is set for 100%, automatically. I would like to set it for 75% automatically, is there a way to do that? I looked in Tools>Options but couldn't find anything. Thanks very much. The Zoom factor is a setting that applies to each worksheet and window individually, and is saved with the workbook. So any existing worksheets/windows will already have their zoom and there is no overriding setting that will change it. You could change it manually or through a macro and the new zoom will always be there for that window. If you want all worksheets in ...

cannot view attachment in outlook express 6
I can't view any attachment on outlook express 6 like word or .doc attachment and all picture formats like gif, jpeg, etc. Please help me on what to do. I've already done what my friend told me which is to installed my Office XP products but still nothing seems to work fine: "I still cannot view any attachmnet files!!!" Will somebody out there can help me...Please. :( In article <OIKpHlevDHA.1908@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl>, jonathan_estabillo@msn.com says... |I can't view any attachment on outlook express 6 like word or .doc |attachment and all picture formats like g...

Updating Text in a message boxes automatically
Hi can anyone help me please?? I'm trying to update the text in a message box automatically using th contents of a particular cell. e.g. the message box would say "last updated on XXXXXXX" where XXXXXX is the contents of a particular cell (say A1) Many thanks in advance Ro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Robert, Is this a VBA Msgbox? If so, you could use Msgbox "last updated on " & activesheet.range("A1").text -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email ad...

Public Folder Message to Inbox
Is it possible to configure a public folder so that a message is sent to a user whenever a new message is posted? Thanks, Jeff Yes, easily. Have a person who has Owner rights on the public folder go to the folder properties page from within Outlook, select the Administration tab, hit the Folder Assistant button, and then create a rule. I would suggest creating a rule that Forwarded any new posts to the user. They can then open the forwarded message as an attachment, or go to the public folder and open it there. ------------------------ Chris Williams Sirana Software www.sirana.com ...

Unable to view Property Details on a Query
Service Pack 2 was loaded onto our computer systems and it has taken away the visibility of the property details on a query. Would anybody know about viewing them without having to right click and actually going into the object properties? We want them to show under the Date Created and Date Modified under the Navigation pane. It is not an Option for us to remove Service Pack 2. Hi Jenn, If you right-click on the "All Access Objects" label, and then select View By > Details, I think you will see the missing properties again. Note: It is always best to includ...

Undeliverable Message #3
I am trying to send an E-mail to Myself from an external web site. As I sent this invitation e-mail to my address on my exchange server I receive the following undeliverable message in my exchange mailbox. Rob Peters on 10/14/2004 11:51 AM The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. Check the e-mail address, or contact the recipient directly to find out the correct address. < primecontract.com #5.1.1 SMTP; 550 <rob@pma-a2.com>: Sender address rejected: Blocked> This message does not appear if I send the invitatio...

Database Not Found Error Message
Hello, I've installed RMS on Server 2003 running MYSQL. I have another machine running XPPro and want to use that one as the POS front end computer with the HP server as the database/file server. I've installed RMS on both machines although the machines are networked and can see each other when I attempt to launch POS on XP Pro machine, it tells me could not connect to the database. I've made sure the SQL server client utility has the same enabled protocols of TCP/IP and Named Pipes. This is the same config on the 2003 Server. I can launch the Store Operations Administr...

Trial expired message
I downloaded a trial of Money Plus a few months ago and could not convert from Quicken 2007 so uninstalled. I would like to try again but the new install tells me my trial has expired. Any way to get it to let me restart the trial? In microsoft.public.money, QuickUser wrote: >I downloaded a trial of Money Plus a few months ago and could not convert >from Quicken 2007 so uninstalled. I would like to try again but the new >install tells me my trial has expired. Any way to get it to let me restart >the trial? Use a different computer. No such option. Only one home computer a...

The messaging interface has returned an unknown error #3
Please help me. I am trying to delete email form my outlook inbox. When I click delete, I get following message: "the messaging interface has returned an unknown error. if the problem persists, restart Outlook." Does anyone know how to fix this? Thanks RJ ...

throttle bandwidth of incoming messages on Exchange 5.5?
I just doubled my incoming bandwith on the Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. Is there a way to throttle the bandwidth a bit - the server is older and is really getting hit when a large file is sent? Same question for outgoing messages. -- Thanks in advance, Les Caudle Les Caudle wrote: > I just doubled my incoming bandwith on the Exchange 5.5 SP4 server. > > Is there a way to throttle the bandwidth a bit - the server is older and is > really getting hit when a large file is sent? > > Same question for outgoing messages. > -- > Thanks in advance, Les Caudle Lower the messag...