View (Arrange by) by groups

Outlook 2003 has put everything into groups - today - yesterday - last week,
etc.
How can I get around this feature accross IN ALL folders - way too annoying
for me

Thanks
Steve

0
sboak.ele (43)

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 14:05:34 -0400,
  s boak <sboak.ele@noritake.com> wrote:
> Outlook 2003 has put everything into groups - today - yesterday - last week,
> etc.
> How can I get around this feature accross IN ALL folders - way too annoying
> for me

I agree this was a terrible change.  Here's the only thing I've
found to address it:

http://techrepublic.com.com/5100-6270_11-5243615.html

THanks to Sriram Sitaraman for posting this find.

--
Theodore (Ted) Heise     <theo@heise.nu>     Bloomington, IN, USA
0

add a new view to an existing singledoctemplate
Hello. Is there a possibility to chage the view in an existing SingleDocTemplate? The only possibility I found to have multiple views in a SingleDocTemplate is by adding a new view B to the existing document (1) and changing the visibility. But this doesn't change the original view A added to the DocTemplate. If I try then to open a new document (menu: New...) with the added view B active, I' getting an error, because the framework is trying to refresh the DocTemplate and the view A connected to the DocTemplate is't the active view. That's why I would like to add the new View...

How can I view files chronologically when opening multiple files
I often open multiple invoices for the same account, and I want to view them beginning from the oldest to the most current. However, Excel situates them in reverse order such that when I close one or do "ctrl tab" to step to the next file it always steps to the newest file. I would prefer the "stepping" begin and proceed with the oldest files. I don't know that we have any control over the order Excel opens workbooks or stacks their windows. You can press Ctrl-Shift-Tab to go in the reverse order though. -- Jim "Stevilsize" <Stevilsize@discussions...

View multiple calendars in one
I want to create multiple calendars in one instance of Outlook. I then want to have a calendar that consolidates all entries in all the other calendars. Any ideas if/how this is possible? Thanks, Tim Creating sub-calendars is easy. Consolidating them all onto one is hard. I wouldn't do it that way myself, instead I would use categories and views. Have a single calendar and create categories for the various sub-calendars you want to have. You can then use custom views to show you only the "calendars" you want to see at any given time. -- Aloha, -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, OneNot...

Problem with Routing Group
Hi, I have 4 x Exchange 2000 SP3 servers sitting on Win 2000 SP4 Servers across 4 sites and am having a problem with messages going through the incorrect routing group. I have a gateway server that scans incoming and outgoing emails for viruses, SPAM and other nasties, but don't want internal emails sent to this gateway. Because of this, i have setup Routing groups to route internal mails between the Exchange servers and external emails go directly to the gateway server. The problem is that, say for instance mydomain.com is the internal mail domain, a couple of the Exchange servers s...

IE8 group policies in Server 2003 AD domain?
OK, first of all can this be done? I see conflicting info about .adm vs ..admx templates. Are full .adm templates available for IE8? The advice I have seen to find the .adm template in C:\Windows\IE8 has resulted in an adm file dated 1-1-2007 and it sure doesn't seem to contain policies pertaining to 8 or even 7. My situation is an AD domain with XPSP3 clients and W2K3 servers and I don't see us updating in the near future but I have been told to go to IE8. If need be I can put a Vista or Win7 machine on the domain to manage the IE8 policies if they can then be appli...

OL 2003
I've recently created two new calendar type Public Folders on our Exchange Server 2003 from my PC running OL 2003. I have the Taskpad view enabled on the RHS of the screen as I like to see a year in advance. On existing Public Folders, the taskpad shows a 2 x 6 matrix of monthly calenders. Eg I see January 2005 through to January 2006. When I click on one of the new public folders, I only see two calendars in the top of the Taskpad view (Feb & Mar). If I then click a day in February, Outlook only then draws up the 2 x 6 matrix to fill the taskpad. Also, I'm sure this is ...

Where is the "Everyone" group?
We are migrating a development environment from one server to a new one. Both are SQL Server 2005. On the old server, at the Home level and in every sub folder, in security, there is a BUILTIN\Administrators, and an Everyone. In the new server, there is only BUILTIN\Administrators. How can I get an "Everyone" everywhere? Thanks! ...

Group
I have a sheet that has rows and columns that are grouped. I need to protect rollup portion of the grouped rows. However, when I do that and protect the sheet, I can no longer group and ungroup. How can I allow the user to group and ungroup rows and columns but protect the grouped row? Example: row 4 is a rollup of MY DATA with the next 10 rows as supporting/detailed data. I have created a group so that I can contract 9 of the rows and show only the rollup MY DATA or expand it and show all the subordinate data. The formulas in the columns MY DATA are protected while the cells in the supporti...

Modified Report showing the data from a SQL VIEW
We have created a SQL VIEW in a company database, and we wish the REPORT WRITER able to get the data from this SQL VIEW and then show it in the modified report (eg, RM Statement On Blank Paper), whether by using Dexterity Programming, Smart builder or whichever method. Hope you can provide some guidance on this matter. Many thanks in advance. P/S: GP 10 SP4, SQL 2008 Standard Hi wkz0 I think Mariano Gomez responded to a question like this (if not this question) in the other Forum. David Musgrave has an article on this here: http://blogs.msdn.com/b/developingfordynamicsgp/ar...

Changing Font of Group Heading in Task View
How do I change the font size/type of a group heading in the Task window pane? I only want to change the group heading, not the rest of the tasks that fall under it. I believe that by default the entire heading row is shaded in blue, which is okay. Thanks. -- Richard Owen http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Viewing Public Folders
Hi all, I've got this message and don't know how to fix it.. I turned on SSL with microsofts CA and applied it correctly. However when I go into the exchange system manager and click on public folders i get the following error message.. The certificate chain was issued by an aunthority that is not trusted. ID no: 80090325 Any help would be appreciated... Thanks!! Make sure you did not apply SSL to the /public virtual directory, the only virtual directory that should have SSL applied to it is /exchange -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.ms...

Unable to view .jpg attachment

load tree view from xml
All, New to VB 2008, I'd like to learn how I can load a tree view from an xml file linked to the form load event. simpler the better so I can understand the process. Not positive I generated the xml file correctly with parent child. but this is my sample I was trying to working with. xml file path = C:\xml\airport-runway-test.xml any direction is welcome Thank you John <?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?> - <!-- add like this for comments --> - <Airports> - <Airport> <AirportID>KMHT</AirportID> <AirportRunways>...

CRM 4.0 System Views
Hello, I'm trying to find the system views such as "active contacts" or "No Orders - Last 6 Months" in the database from CRM. It must be either views or filters... but they must be somewhere in the database. I have no clue where it is and can't find it. Could anyone please give me a little hint? Greets Falko Check the Table "savedquery" ------ Aamir Blog : http://mscrmsupport.wordpress.com/ ...

Shapes with Alternate Views
I would like to modify some shapes that I've created to have selectable views. Is there a good reference that indicates how to do this? I am making a set of shapes to create audio components for rack mounting. For each component, I would like to switch between front and rear views. This would be similar to the electrical symbols, e.g., a resistor, that allows you to select different views for fixed or variable resistance. On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 13:30:02 -0800, WapperDude <WapperDude@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I would like to modify some shapes that I've created ...

How to use custom field in email view
Hi all, Using Outlook 2003 in English I've added a some custom text fields (eg. "Request ID") to the current view (inbox folder). I was hoping to be able to type a value into this new text field for each email in the inbox, so I could easily sort and reference the messages. I see the empty column in the view on screen, but how can I enter a value in that column? Double-click opens the message and it's not in the message properties or options... Any ideas? Thank you in advance, James YOu can do that if you set the view for in-cell editing. It's on the = Other S...

2nd try: Viewing email header in OWA?
We have some shared mailboxes that people access ONLY via OWA. We're getting reports of some of these picking up considerable spam. These mailboxes are only used to accept email coming form our online form. We want to make sure the spam coming in isn't coming directly from our form (we don't think it is, but want to make sure). To do this, we'd like to check the full email headers of these spam messages, but I can't find any option in OWA to view said headers. Is there a way to do this? -Darrel darrel <notreal@nowhere.com> wrote: > We have some shared ma...

Register view changed
Money 2K3 My Register view changed without explanation. I used to have tabs that said Withdrawal, Deposit, and Transfer, and I'd click on the appropriate tab, and enter my info, etc. The view now is simply a cursor in the "Num" column of the register, and tabbing moves the cursor to the next column. No W/D, Dep, Xfer tabs any more. Wha' happen'd, and how do I switch back? Thanks, Ken Click on any one of the 1,000s of places where it says Use Transaction Forms. "Ken Isaacson" <NoSpamK@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:OdDOcwyuDHA.3532@TK2MSFTNGP11....

Disable drag-n-drop on two Outlook View Controls
I have a public folder with a custom home page. On that home page are two Outlook view controls that point at two different ‘Contacts’ folders. I need to be able to do two things: 1. Disable drag and drop between the two controls 2. Disable drag and drop from either control to any other Contacts folder in the users’ folder structure. Has any one done this? Thanks in advance Priz (Outlook 2003) ...

Retrieving View class pointer from non-MFC class
Hi, I have a class, say X, which handles some notifications coming from some source. This is not an MFC class. But when I get the notification from the external source, I need to notify my view class about it. To get to the view, this is what I've tried: 1) CMyFrame *pFrame = (CMyFrame *) AfxGetMainWnd(); if (pFrame) pFrame->GetActiveView(); Here, the pointer returned by AfxGetMainWnd() is NULL. 2) CWinApp *pApp = AfxGetApp(); if (pApp) { CMyFrame *pFrame = (CMyFrame *)pApp->GetMainWnd(); if (pFrame) { ...

List View with no focus
I want to create a list view whose items could never be selected. Although columns could be clicked to sort and those could be adjusted as well. How could i do that. See your post regarding "List view with no item selection". "Mubashir Khan" wrote: > I want to create a list view whose items could never be selected. Although > columns could be clicked to sort and those could be adjusted as well. How > could i do that. > > > ...

Hidden Field in Datasheet view for a table
Hello All, when I go to Table Design, there is a column named Field 1 (it is text). When I switch to Datasheet View, it becomes hidden. Any ideas on how to solve the problem? Thanks in advance Sam Berry "Hidden" as in zero-width, or "hidden" as in "off-screen"? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Access MVP -- Disclaimer: This author may have received products and services mentioned in this post. Mention and/or description of a product or service herein does not constitute endorsement thereof. Any code or pseudocode included in this post is ...

Mailbox Limits for 2 user groups
I am trying to set up mailbox limits for 2 different user groups. Managers have a certain limit for thier mailboxes Staff have another limit. Is there a way of setting this in recipient policies? FYI How to use recipient policies to control mailboxes in Exchange 2000 and Exchange 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/319188 -- Best regards, Good Luck Oz Ozugurlu ____________________________ MCSE 2003 M+,S+, CCNA Http://www.msexchange911.org Http://www.consultusa.us (Blog) "Razorbeard" wrote: > I am trying to set up mailbox limits for 2 different user groups. > > M...

Rolling up Gantt bars to "Group by" summaries
Can the Gantt bars for each activity in a "Group by" group be rolled up to the overall Group summary bar? The Group By Summary bars look just like the ones for Summary activities, but bars do not roll up there. Has anyone seen a native or a programmed way to do that roll up? An important view for my project shows the activities to which each of a set of (non-multitasking) resources are assigned. I can show it doing a "Group by" Resource Names and filtering for the resources that I am interested in, and it would be great if I were able to show it as just one r...

Viewing the montly report
so i get this notification that the montly report is ready to be viewed, which is great... i view it.. and i expect the little reminder note on the main page to vanish. how do i get that reminder to go away? Thanks Justin Wait a day or two or open the report again. "Justin Rich" <jrich523@yahoo.spam> wrote in message news:%23nLxEe4pHHA.4032@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > how do i get that reminder to go away? ...