The LanguageSettings-object is unfortunately not documented on MSDN, but may
provide the language. Is there a property to show the installed Servicepack?

You have to use the minor parts of the version string to see what build is
running and use that to decide on the SP level. Search at www.slipstick.com
on the string "versions" to get all the different versions of Outlook and
the builds corresponding to the SP levels.

Look at LanguageSettings.LanguagePreferredForEditing in the Object Browser
for a list of the language values.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Absolute Beginner's Guide to Microsoft Office Outlook 2003
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Bas" <usenet.m.p.d.o.a@wiemie.nl> wrote in message
> I'm developping an ActiveX-component for Outlook 9, 10 and 11. However,
due
> to a bug in Outlook 10, Dutch, Pre-SP1 it won't work in this environment
> (KB: #310571). I would like to show the user a message urging him to
upgrade
> to SP1+
>
> I'f found the Application.Version field, this only shows the version.
> The LanguageSettings-object is unfortunately not documented on MSDN, but
may
> provide the language. Is there a property to show the installed
Servicepack?

0
kenslovak (742)

Adding same info
I have two worksheets that have the same info on one as the other such as names. To cut my work load in half I would like to know how to insert the name in one form and it automactly insert the name in the other worksheet. How do I do this? Thank Kenny Dee Hold down SHIFT-key and select both sheets ..........then enter the name in your selected cell and it will go in that cell on both sheets........... Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "Kenny Dee" <kennydee@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message news:#Ym$27IPFHA.3788@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > I have two worksheets that have t...

2 versions 2 locations
ms office is installed in 2 locations on my computer (i'm the only = user). =20 10.1.0 is in my applications folder, and 10.1.4 is in my macintosh HD. =20 all my office programs seem to be run from the HD--they're all 10.1.4. =20 should i replace the folder in apps with the current one from the HD,=20 leave both where they are, delete the one in the apps folder and = continue=20 to run from the HD? thanks for any advice. In article <1511501c419e3$f4e8e1f0$a601280a@phx.gbl>, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > ms office is installed in 2 locations on my com...

version
Does your query have a start time and end time. If so, you can't run the query to see your time on Paper with Paper still open as you will not have an end time and the query will (when you try and open it) try a half calculation (that like say 1 + = intead of 1 + 1 =). Maybe I am not understanding. Can you post the sql so we cna see it -- Wayne Manchester, England. "relativehunter" wrote:version > I am having a problem with a form and a query. When I open the form (called > Paper), it runs a query that adds a row to a table called Time. If P...

2003 Excel and 2007 Trial Version Excel

Language #3
Well, actually I'm an American in Romania, so I deal with 3 differently currencies, I prefer the program to register American. sandie In microsoft.public.money, <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Well, actually I'm an American in Romania, so I deal with >3 differently currencies, I prefer the program to >register American. Try to keep your story on one thread. MS make Money in various regionalised versions. US; UK; International English and one or two others depending on sales. If you have a UK or International English version then it is going to th...

Help Please! Messages with no To or From and so much info in email can't find message
I have a new computer. I was using the trial version of Outlook 2003 that came with the computer. It has expired and I was trying to use Outlook 2000 that I had installed on my old computer. My incoming mail does not have a To or From showing. When I open the post I can harldly find the message for all the extraneous material (I'm not very computer literate but I suppose this could be the internet header) before and after the message. Thanks, Sherry C ...

URL link is broken in Rich Edit Box if different language characters are used
Hi I have built an application using RichEdit20 class for displaying rich edit box. When I enter any URL (e.g http:\\dummy.com) it is highlighted and I can click the URL to open it. But if I introduce some other language characters in URL e.g. Japanese language characters then link is broken i.e. it is not highlighted. Example If I write http:\\dummy.com then this URL is highlighted properly but if I write http:\\dumボタンにmy.com where ボタンに are Japanese characters then link is broken after http:\\dum How do I get the whole URL highlighted in rich edit box even if I use cha...

How to use OST to get latest version of mailbox?
Hi there, After a brand new rebuild of an SBS 2003 server and a restore of a 1 week old Exchange database, how can I get my users OST files (who are up to date -- the users worked with Outlook and a temporary POP3 account for 1 week) to sync with the Exchange database which is 1 week old? Should I just copy the OST file to the Local Settings of the user and laucnh Outlook? Thanks for any help, Ambroise I would del *.ost Set up their profiles anew - probably Outlook cached mode which will create a new .ost Then have them open the .pst files from their temporary POP3 accounts. Have ...

Switchboard Me.FilterOn not working in 2007 Full Version
Thanks for your time, first off! Situation is this: A 2002 database in place for years with a stock Switchboard - no tweaks, nothing out of the ordinary. Compiled FE works fine for 2002 runtime and full version. A User moved to 2007 and the client is not filtering as expected. When User loads into the uncompiled FE they are able to click "Toggle Filter" on the ribbon and the SW works fine. (Of course, the TF button is unavailable in the compiled FE - and this should not be necessary anyway.) Obligatory code insert: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) ' M...

Changing Info Store location ?
Hello, Our client has just purchased a new Dell server with SBS 2003 Std pre installed. The Exchange info store is currently running on the OS partition(c drive) and I want to change it to the data partition(d drive). I have rerun the SBS setup to the point where it shows where Exchange is currently installed. However, the "Change Path" button is grayed out. Same thing when I applied Exchange 2003 SP1, it won't let me change the path. I know in Exchange 5.5 there was a tool you can run to change the info store location. How does one do it in Exchange 2003 ? Thanks, Tony ...

How to determine regional setting language?
Is it possible to determine with VBA the regional and language options/setting? Thank's ahead. Take a look at the language settings object in VBA. Something like this: Set objLangSet = Application.LanguageSettings MsgBox objLangSet.LanguageID(msoLanguageIDInstall) Useful link: http://cjoint.com/?ejss2NiNg7 HTH -- AP "Bobby" <rpqc@hotmail.com> a crit dans le message de news:1144507298.968085.37690@j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Is it possible to determine with VBA the regional and language > options/setting? Thank's ahead. > ...

What is the latest version of MSVC?
Hi, I have MSVC 6.0 . I am creating a dll, and I'm getting a internal compiler error: C:\NFP DLL\OuterEnvelopeClass.cpp(397) : fatal error C1001: INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR (compiler file 'E:\8168\vc98\p2\src\P2\main.c', line 494) Line 397 is: if(cc<=ii) gg = TRUE; where cc and ii are doubles, and gg is a BOOL. Compiles fine in debug, gets the internal error in release. I was wondering what is the latest version of MSVC? I'm hoping it will fix this problem. Hamish "Hamish Dean" <h.dean@xtra.co.nz> wrote: >Hi, > >I have MSVC 6.0 . I am creati...

Visio Version Confusion
Hello. We're a MS partner, and we get all the MSDN CDs on a regular basis. Currently we are making a push to get all of our .NET developers onto the same version of Visio. I thought we ought to make it the most recent version. The most recent CD I could find in MSDN was Jan 2004 and is titled exactly "Microsoft Office Visio Professional 2003". I installed it, it works great, but my boss tells me that it is missing some features that he was after. One example he gave me was Reports. When I go to Tools >> Reports all I get is one report (inventry.vrd). If instead of this ver...

How do I turn off info box "This document was sent to the printer.
In Microsoft Office Excel 2003, every time I send a document to the printer I get a pop-up info box. How can this feature be turned off? ...

Change spelling check language in Excel 97
I want to change the spelling check language in an Excel 97 How to do this -- bwetpdpa Don't know about 97 but in 2000 it would be... Tools / Spelling / Dictionary Language HTH, -- Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com Please rate this posting if it is helpful to you. "bwetpdpa" wrote: > > I want to change the spelling check language in an Excel 97 > How to do this? > > > -- > bwetpdpa > ...

Runtime Version
Would like to be able to distribute an Access application as a runtime version so that it can run on several machines that do not have Access installed. I am having difficulty in finding what software I need to do this and where I can get it. Any guidance would be appreciated. Terry Tony Toews has an introduction to the topic at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access/developereditionfaq.htm You need the following in order to create an Access 2003 runtime application: - Microsoft Access 2003 - Visual Studio Tools for Office 2005 (which includes the Access 2003 Developer Extensions) The ...

Debug version of Windows XP
Where can I get debug (chkbuild) version of Windows XP? I can download SP3 but it is update only. You used to be able to get it via MSDN, though I just checked and couldn't find it. Probably gone for good. -scott -- Scott Noone Consulting Associate OSR Open Systems Resources, Inc. http://www.osronline.com "Mahboob" <Mahboob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:60150DE3-9058-4275-A176-080AF79070C8@microsoft.com... > Where can I get debug (chkbuild) version of Windows XP? I can download SP3 > but it is update only. On 5 May, ...

How do I get rid of the TimeZome info?
I have a Smart Client app that connects to web services that connects to SQL Server 2000. The Smart Clients has all kind of forms for the user to apply filters and retrieve historical data from the DB. I have an issue when the WS is on Eastern Time and the client is on Central Time. The Date and Time fields I sent are "increased" by one hour and that meeses up the filters. Question: I want to send the date and the time info from the Smart Client to the web services tier without any time zones attached. I want the web services part to not modify them. How do I do that? Than...

Auto Save Incoming Email Address/Contact Info In Outlook Contacts
When I receive an email from somebody who is not in my contacts I'd like Outlook 2003 to automaticly open a contacts window to allow me to enter the contact info for this new client. Is this possible? there are 3rd party utilities that will add the person, otherwise you'll need to learn vba and write something. See http://www.slipstick.com/addins/contacts.htm#data -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook...

Two versions of Publisher on same computer not working
I need to have Publisher 2002 and Publisher 2000 on my computer. They are both installed but I can only access the most recently installed one. I have both so I can backsave and pass the backsaved file onto another computer that only has 2000. I also need 2000 as it is compatible for 'copying and paste special' items into Corel Draw. This doesn't work between Publisher 2002 and Corel. John there are no issues running all the different versions of Publisher on your computer. They must be installed in different folders. The order they are installed is important depending on...

Changing Outlook from Exchange Services to IMO version
How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail Only (IMO)? I uninstalled my version of Office2000 and reinstalled it from my CD. However it doesn't give me the option to install the IMO version of Outlook. It installed the Exchange/Internet Mail automatically. Without an exchange server the checking of email is dog-slow. Thanks, Alex Moylen Hi, Alex. Alex Moylen ha scritto: > How can you reinstall Office 2000 and change the Outlook > "type" from using Exchange/Internet Mail to Internet Mail ...

Outlook relation to "Language for non-unicode programs"
When I want to use some non-unicode program, I need to change the "Language for non-unicode programs" settings. But actually what does it do behind? Such as what registry key it changes or or any other files or settings modified? ...

Money no authentication version coming?
It's no small surprise that I've noticed many people on here talking about the demise of Microsoft Money. I've read in several posts that Microsoft is planning to come out with a version that doesn't require online authentication so that it can be used as a stand-alone, offline application indefinitely, or at least until some future OS conflict breaks it in the distant future. Does anyone actually know anything about this product? Is it going to be a product for sale? A free download? A patch to the existing final version that will remove the online authentication proce...

Help me Please,trasnfering outlook info to new computer
Hi Can anyone help me please? I have just purchased a new laptop and wa wanting to transfer all my outlook information inclduing calander an task, emails etc to the new computer but don't know how, any help woul be appreciated. Thanks in advanc -- omira ----------------------------------------------------------------------- omiraw's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=729 View this thread: http://www.msusenet.com/t-187460385 The file you need is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these p...

Xml2PDF Server 2007 version 1.1 released
Altsoft is proud to announce the release of Xml2PDF Server 2007 version 1.1 and the accompanying family of products. In addition to new features and enchancements the release includes a new product Xml2PDF Commander 2007 that provides the command line interface to Xml2PDF Server 2007. Altsoft Xml2PDF 2007 is a family of products for automatic conversion of Microsoft Word 2003-2007, XSL-FO, SVG and XHTML documents into PDF, XPS, PS and TIFF output. It contains now the free Xml2PDF Workstation 2007 for desktop use, the commercial Xml2PDF Server 2007 (.NET API), and the new Xml2PDF Commander 200...