VCard and Activities Tab

I'd like to send co workers my vcard, but it shows all of my
activities on the activity tab. I'd prefer that this couldn't be seen.

It's Outlook 2003 btw.

Thank you.

Sam
0
Sam

No, it doesn't. You can stop being paranoid about this. No one is =
monitoring the activities in your Outlook folders. A vCard is a text =
file that contains information about a contact. You can see this for =
yourself by opening it in Notepad. It contains no information about =
activities. REPEATING: It contains no information about activities.=20

The Activities page builds a list *on the fly* of items related to the =
current contact. It builds that list from the *current user's* Outlook =
folders. If someone has activities related to you, they'll see them when =
they open the vCard you sent, because Outlook creates one of its own =
contacts from the vCard. If you open that vCard yourself, Outlook =
creates a contact with your information on it, and that contact's =
Activities page will show all the activities in your folders involving =
you.=20

If you still don't believe me, save the vCard to your hard drive and =
open it in Notepad.=20

--=20
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
  =20
<Sam I Am> wrote in message =
> I'd like to send co workers my vcard, but it shows all of my
> activities on the activity tab. I'd prefer that this couldn't be seen.
>=20
> It's Outlook 2003 btw.
>=20
> Thank you.
>=20
> Sam
0
suemvp (4038)
6/29/2006 4:43:33 PM
On Thu, 29 Jun 2006 12:43:33 -0400, "Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]"
<suemvp@outlookcode.com> wrote:

>No, it doesn't. You can stop being paranoid about this. No one is monitoring the activities in your Outlook folders. A vCard is a text file that contains information about a contact. You can see this for yourself by opening it in Notepad. It contains no information about activities. REPEATING: It contains no information about activities.
>
>The Activities page builds a list *on the fly* of items related to the current contact. It builds that list from the *current user's* Outlook folders. If someone has activities related to you, they'll see them when they open the vCard you sent, because Outlook creates one of its own contacts from the vCard. If you open that vCard yourself, Outlook creates a contact with your information on it, and that contact's Activities page will show all the activities in your folders involving you.
>
>If you still don't believe me, save the vCard to your hard drive and open it in Notepad.

Heh, I guess you've answered this question a time or two before. I
believe.... and thanks for the reply.

Sam
0
Sam

Can I append an archive to active file?
When I first began using Money98 I made an archive file at the end of the calendar year. For my purposes, that was a dumb move, and I haven't done it again. Is there a way to join the archive file to the bottom of my active .mny file? Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, Gualtier Malde wrote: >When I first began using Money98 I made an archive file at the end of the >calendar year. For my purposes, that was a dumb move, and I haven't done it >again. Is there a way to join the archive file to the bottom of my active .mny >file? Simple answer if you were lookin...

Print Tabs
Is it possible to print a list of tabs (worksheets) -- phil1ra ----------------------------------------------------------------------- phil1ray's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=641 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26926 Hi see: http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "phil1ray" <phil1ray.1e4itz@excelforum-nospam.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:phil1ray.1e4itz@excelforum-nospam.com... > > Is it possible to print a list of tabs (workshee...

tabs identifying columns and rows
-- A Child in the Wilderness! hi could you be more specific about what you mean? the rows and columns in excel have headers. regards FSt1 "George" wrote: > > -- > A Child in the Wilderness! Maybe... Excel 2003 and earlier: Tools --> Options [View] tab and then toggle "Row & column headers" checkbox? Excel 2007 Office Button --> [Excel options] then Advanced in left pane, scroll down to "Display options for this worksheet" and toggle "Show row and column headers" checkbox. ?? "George" wro...

activity for a spcecific hosted domain name
Hello: I am running exchange 2003 hosting multiple domain names. I am looking to find out if there is a way to see how much mail, if any, is being sent/received by one specific domain name. My company acquired a domain name for a project a few years ago (before I worked here) and no one seems to know if it is still being used. I would like to remove it from our exchnage servers and not have to re-register it if it is not being used. -- Andy Rudolph You can open your SMTP protocol logs in notepad/Excel and search for the domain.... Or you can download trial version of reporting tool...

Field and Tab Security
I am implementing CRM 3.0 for a customer and they would like to have security on a field and tab level. The buggest ifference is letting someone have read only access to every tab of the Account Entity other than the Notes tab. Is this possible? Kate, this can't be done out of the box without a lot of effort. However, CRMeXtension has an add-in to accomplish this. http://www.crmextension.com/ Mitch ...

Colored Tabs
Is there a way to color tabs in Excel 2000? Sean, No, there is no way to do this in Excel 2000. Colored tabs were introduced in Excel 2002. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1ae301c426f8$4a07b320$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is there a way to color tabs in Excel 2000? NO. If this is an overriding feature, step up to xl2002 or beyond. -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Sean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Hide\View Tab and field
I would need to enable users - belonging to different BUs - to see specific fields (or tabs) according to their BU. How could you get this kind of solution with version 3.0? Thanks for your support. Marco Rocca Lario Engineering www.lario.com it is possible to do this by intercepting the http traffic using httphandlers but this is very unsupported. Search the archives of these groups on groups.google.com for httphandler and you will get some ideas ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Marco Rocca" <MarcoRoc...

Can't reveal sheet tabs in Excel 2007
I created a workbook in Excel 2003 where all the sheet tabs are purposely hidden (tools, options, hide sheet tabs). I recently purchased Excel 2007 and, after I opened my program, I cannot find any command to make the sheet tabs re-appear. Am I missing something obvious? Thanks! Jeff W. Tucson, AZ Hi Jeff, Under options->Advanced->Scroll down to Display options for this workbook -- Regards, OssieMac "Jeff Wright" wrote: > I created a workbook in Excel 2003 where all the sheet tabs are purposely > hidden (tools, options, hide sheet tabs). I recently purcha...

Active Sync Problem
I have reset my pocket pc and cannot sync with my PC outlook files. How do I reset the partnership for the pocket device and the PC. The Wizard will only let me connect as a guest because the partneship is not set for the reset pocket. Thank You Mike1590 <Mike1590@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have reset my pocket pc and cannot sync with my PC outlook files. > How do I reset the partnership for the pocket device and the PC. The > Wizard will only let me connect as a guest because the partneship is > not set for the reset pocket. Thank You Delete the partnership ...

SBS 2008 2nd server activation
Hi, I've got SBS 2008 premium, which comes with a license for a 2nd Server 2008 license. I've just noticed today that the 2nd server is saying my product key isn't valid. Looking in the DVD case which all the disks came in, I can see 4 product keys.. SBS prm Virtual SQL 2008 for SB SQL srv 2005 Standard Windows Svr Std 2008 Virtual There isn't a key for Windows Server Standard 2008 that I can see. I've looked through my other documents and cant find one anywhere. Do you think I've misplaced it, or do I get it from somewhere else? I thought abou...

Activities vs. Emails etc.
Does anyone know a way of adding a field to an Activity such that all activities (e.g. tasks etc.) inherit the field. I am assuming that there is a flag in the metabase somewhere that will temporarily allow me to add fields, but have not found it yet. Thanks Saira I'm sure this is possible, but if it's only one field you should add it to all activities, leaving you in a supported state. If you want to show the field in the various activity forms, you will need to touch them anyway. -- Michael http://www.stunnware.com/crm -----------------------------------------------------...

Using Journal Entries to Track MS Word Activities
I have a user who would like to use his Outlook Journal to track his MS Word and MS Excel activities. We use MS Office 2003. From the Tools menu in Outlook I went to Options\Preferences\Journal Options\and selected the following: TASK REQUEST under Automatically record these items THE USER'S NAME under For these contacts MS EXCEL AND MS WORD under Also record files from I then went into MS Word and opened, edited, saved a document, and exited MS Word. I then went to see if a journal entry was made in Outlook. None was created. What am I doing wrong? Can anyone help? Thanks! ...

Macro to copy active cell
I'm trying to write a macro to copy a row of data that has only one data point across a number of columns that has the year. So what I want to be able to do is to copy the data, and somehow reference the year, which is in the first row 1. So it would give me the data and the year of the one and only data point. I was thinking it must involve a For Each Cell statement. Thanks. Sorry if it sounds a bit vague. It's either a macro, or go through 2300 records by hand, and I don't think I want to even think about the second one. What you write is a little confusing. Post...

Change Sheet Tab Colour
Is it possible to change the colour of your sheet tab in Excel 2000? no feature not introduced until ver 2002 -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway "Jenai" <Jenai@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FA3ED129-8A84-4F0B-BC20-6C37EDBB5362@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to change the colour of your sheet tab in Excel 2000? ...

Save values displayed in unbound text fields from combo box to tab
I have a form called “daily patient info” which has bound list box controls and text boxes. I also have an unbound combo box named combo box 111 This box was created with the combo box wizard query and is based on another Table called Referring Providers. The combo box displays five columns. The first column is the auto id and primary key and is not displayed by design. When a specific row is clicked and selected from the combo box, the combo box is designed to only display the second column of the combo box. (This is the Referring Provider Last Name from the Table Referring Provider...

Subclassing an Active-X plug-in for CHtmlView
Hello, I have an MDI app which uses CHtmlView. That view in turn hosts an Active-X plug-in which I subclass with a small wrapper class. Whenever I open a web page which uses the plug-in the subclassing works fine. I can open any number of pages in different CMDIChildWnd's and all the instances of the plug-in subclass perfectly. However, when I navigate from one page to another within the same CHtmlView, any new (or re-used? cached?) instance of the control fails to subclass, with OldProc = (WNDPROC) SetWindowLong(hWnd, GWL_WNDPROC, (LONG) MyProc); returning NULL and GetLastError...

Activity log content
I am reviewing release 9.0 of dynamics, and looking for the activity tracking to tell me what windows each user has opened so that I can track specifically what the user is doing. In reviewing the log, it appears that the messageing is very generic and not providing the level of detail required. Is there a way to configure the activity tracking to produce the display name or technical name associated with the window the user opened? -- Sincerely, Mike Mike, As you note, activity tracking is fairly generic and of course the setup determines what kind of "activity" is being l...

How to change color for worksheet tab?
I remember seeing this question posted before, but couldn't find it now. I have a workbook with a number of groups of worksheets. I would like to color code the tab name. How do I do it? Thanks, pac Hi if you have Excel 2002+ just right-click on the tab and choose 'change color'.If you have an older Excel version: not possible -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany comp wrote: > I remember seeing this question posted before, but couldn't > find it now. > I have a workbook with a number of groups of worksheets. I > would like to color code the tab na...

WorkBook Tab display mode of SpreadSheet control in VB 6.0
the default display mode of SpreadSheet control in VB 6.0 is a dropdown list, as you know. Is it possible to display the WorkBook Tab of SpreadSheet control in VB 6.0 horizontally? like the display mode of SSTab. thanks On 02/07/2010 09:44, sunlite wrote: > the default display mode of SpreadSheet control in VB 6.0 is a dropdown list, > as you know. No I don't know, I've never heard of the Spreadsheet control. > Is it possible to display the WorkBook Tab of SpreadSheet control in VB 6.0 > horizontally? like the display mode of SSTab. Again, try asking...

Appending Many Tabs into a single Tab
I need your help with a problem. I have a spreadsheet with MANY tabs. Each tab has the same fields but is for a different account. Is there a painless way to append all of these tabs into a single tab? I eventually want to import the entire spreadsheet into Microsoft Access. I very much would appreciate your help. Thanks. Hi One way http://www.rondebruin.nl/copy2.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm <dariomarinmd@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a1461eab-2d12-400f-8378-0cf79df722db@l1g2000yqk.googlegroups.com... >I need your help with a problem. >...

Is there a more active board for Mac/Office questions?
Just wondering. Most discussion groups I visit have much more traffic and answers within minutes rather than days. Am I posting in the wrong areas? Pete -- Pete May May Productions http://www.petemay.com On 2/17/05 10:41 PM, in article BE3AEA57.2E72%MayProductions@petemay.com, "May Productions" <MayProductions@petemay.com> wrote: > Just wondering. Most discussion groups I visit have much more traffic and > answers within minutes rather than days. Am I posting in the wrong areas? > Pete So far you'd only waited for 1 hour and 11 minutes. And your question...

Activation confusion...
I am really frustrated and confused over Microsoft's activation policy on Money 2004 Deluxe Upgrade from Trial. I have attempted to reinstall Money 2004 Deluxe from the file I had downloaded and saved when I first purchased the upgrade. When I entered my activation code it stated the maximum number of times I could activate had been exceeded, and I would have to purchase the product again. It's only been four months since I purchased the upgrade online. I thought this was just a small problem that could be corrected by a call to customer service, since this activation code h...

Unknown Program Activity
Using Windows XP, I notice a program of some sort running in the background for just a second, every once in a while. I have MS Office 2002 installed, and I use an HP 1315 all in one printer. I know, there is not much information in those statements, but the program, whatever it is, shows up on the taskbar, for a second, without any text, then disappears. It does not appear to happen at specific intervals. Any ideas what it might be? First things to check are to run anti-spyware programs (adaware, spybot search & destroy) and then see if it still happens. Update your AV .dat files ...

Problems with task activities on an upgraded CRM 3.0 system
Hi, we've got a problem with task activites in two environments, that are upgraded from 1.2 to 3.0. Every time when we close an activity we receive the following error message: Server was unable to process request. Here the platform error report: Error Description: Crm Internal Exception: Picklists with more than one childAttribute are not supported. Error Details: Not available Error Number: 0x80040250 Source File: Not available Line Number: Not available Date: 01-11-2006 Time: 10:02:52 Type: Platform Error (3) Server: crm Request URL: http://crm/activities/task/edit.aspx ...

How to import a tab delimited text file into MS Access database
Hi, I have the following task to be done in VC++ 6.0. I have a tab delimited text file that needs to be imported into a MS Access table. The table is created and the table structure is defined using DAO methods. So now I have to fill this table with the data in the text files. For a few rows in the text file, the number of columns could be less than the number of columns in the table. Can anyone please post me the code to do this. Thanks a ton in advance. Pradeep If you file has any indication of which data goes in which field you could just parse the CSV file and update the records one by...