VB to create Date/Time in OL Contact\Notes

Hi I use Outlook Contacts \ Notes to do basic CRM it great. I wish to be
able to create a date / time entry as I call a contact. The format would be
dd/mm/yy HH:mm. It could be accessed from a key combo or a button attachable
to the menu.

Can anybody start me off on this I'm involved in IT but never done any
Outlook VB before.

Many thanks

Mike

0
mikevl (2)

Do you want the entry in the contact's notes field? there are samples at
outlookcode.com and a sample form at outlook-tips.net.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Vote for your favorite Outlook and Exchange utilities in the
Slipstick Ratings Raffle at http://www.slipstick.com/contest/

"Mikevl" <mikevl@paradise.net.nz> wrote in message
> Hi I use Outlook Contacts \ Notes to do basic CRM it great. I wish to be
> able to create a date / time entry as I call a contact. The format would
> be dd/mm/yy HH:mm. It could be accessed from a key combo or a button
> attachable to the menu.
>
> Can anybody start me off on this I'm involved in IT but never done any
> Outlook VB before.
>
> Many thanks
>
> Mike

0
dianenws (1904)

How do I create a blank poster document in 11x 17 ?
How do I create a blank poster document in 11 x 17? Thanks If you are trying to setup a poster, you will need to setup your printer for tabloid (11 x 17) first. If your printer cannot print this size stock, your publication will tile. A workaround would be to setup a PDF printer. There are free PDF converters around. Some folks here use www.primopdf.com. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "vtnat" <vtnat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2E980EA1-2654-441B-8228-AFA86A8539BF@microsoft.co...

Unnecessary right side margin created in the PDF
I am using PrimopDF to convert a .pub document to PDF. My .pub document fits nicely in the layout and I do not want any margins on either side. However the converted PDF document by PrimoPDF has about 2 cm margin on the right hand side which I do not need. ...

creating a file...
I have created an SDI project unsing MFC and I want to create a hidden file on the C drive named "MyHiddenFile" How would I go about doing this? Thanks, RABMissouri See the CFileStatus structure and CFile::SetStatus RBert wrote: > I have created an SDI project unsing MFC and I want to create a hidden file > on the C drive named "MyHiddenFile" How would I go about doing this? > > Thanks, > RABMissouri > > If it's a NTFS formatted drive.. you may want to look into streams as well. Rail -- Recording Engineer/Software Developer ...

Incorrect sent time
Hi, Everytime I use MS Outlook to send Internet mail, the sent time of the mail shown on the recipient side is 8 hours later than the actual send time. No such problem if I use OE. Is there any setting in Office or Outlook I can set? Thanks! Regards, Andrew --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.532 / Virus Database: 326 - Release Date: 27/Oct/03 Check your Time Zone settings in both Outlook and Windows. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered -- ...

Forwarding Contact by email
My wife and I both use Outlook 2003. She has a contact I need. She right-clicked on the contact, and selected "Forward". A Compose Mail window appeared, with the contact as a little "card" type attachment. I duly received the email, but the "card" has turned into a Message, and there are no contact details to be seen. How did that happen, and how can she send me this contact? Thanks Is she using rich text format for the message, rather than "let Outlook decide..."? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...

Contact with shortcut to other item
Software pre-installed on new PC: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit & Office Basic 2007 + SP2 and all latest updates In Outlook 2007 can create Contacts and on Insert tab use Attach Item and select Insert as Shortcut and choose any Mail or Contact item to insert icon into Notes. Double-left-click on this inserted shortcut icon to open attached item often gives error message: "The program used to create this object is MailMsgAtt. That program is not installed on your computer. To edit this object, you must install a program that can open the object." Occasionally it wor...

How do I create a link to [insert name here]
How do I insert a field for users to cutomize a brochure with their company name, i.e., [insert name here]. And if they chose not to add their name, that prompt would not print. Will all your users have Publisher? Or are you creating a web type publication? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Ann Marie" <Ann Marie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E41CBC1B-9F78-42C8-ADF6-C12ED9CA7EF4@microsoft.com... > How do I insert a field for users to cutomize a brochure with their company > name, i.e., [insert name here]. And if they chose not to add their n...

Pivot Table--How can I create from multiple sheets?
Dear Steven: Thank you very much for your reply and advice. I am curious now how to create a Pivot Table from multiple sheets. Whenever I try it fails or doesn't allow me to access the Pivot Table/Pivot Chart Report menu option. If you or anyone else has any insight on this, please let me know. Thanks. -- -=- penciline -=- "steven1001" wrote: > > If you organise your data as follows: > > Date source Account Value > 1/2/06 Cash News 2.50 > 1/2/06 Debit Food 21.50 > 1/2/06 Charge Clothes 52.50 > 1/2/06 Char...

Contact Search Issue
Hi, I am having difficulty searching for a contact by Last Name. Here is what's going on: I have imported data from Excel spreadsheet. Import looks good. All the data has been imported as expected. Now, the contact data in Excel did not have two separate fields First Name and Last Name; rather it only had one field called "Contact Name" that contained both first name, last name and that's how the customer wants it to be. They do not want to have two separate fields for name. So when I imported the data into CRM, I imported contact name in Last Name attribute of contact en...

OL 2003 command line
Is it just something wrong with my installation, or is the /recycle command line switch broken in OL 2003? It used to be (with OL XP) that /profile profilename /recycle would load OL with profile name "recycling" (using) the open instance of outlook, essentially replacing the profilename in use. Now, it seems that it's being ignored, and using the above command line simply restores the already open instance of Outlook, leaving its currently loaded profile as-is. Help suggests that /recycle is still supported. ...

OL 2003 locks up when forwarding e-mails
It locks up PC (WinXP Home) requiring reboot. It doesn't do it every time, but VERY often. Any Ideas? Thanks Mark Sorry, I left out that it locks frequently, but not always, only when forwarding e-mails with file attachments. Thanks Mark On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 14:35:28 -0800, mark.perlstein@verizon.net wrote: >It locks up PC (WinXP Home) requiring reboot. It doesn't do it every >time, but VERY often. Any Ideas? > >Thanks > >Mark ...

Domain logon required 2nd time when I try to view mail in Outlook2003/WinXP-SP2
WinXP SP2 did not fix the following problem: I am prompted for domain user name and password a second and sometimes a third time even though I had logged on to the SBS domain. This happens when I try to get my e-mail messages with my client's Outlook 2003 / WinXP SP2 System where these messages are stored on SBS Exchange. This dows NOT happen with my WinXP or WinXP SP2 / Outlook 2000 client systems Knowledge Base Article #820863 did not provide a fix for my computer. Couple of thoughts... 1) Check the event logs to see if the machine has lost its trust relationship. (Wi...

Check time value
In VBA I need to check whether the current time is after 8 in the evening but before 4 in the morning. I looked at the time methods but I can't figure out how to do this check. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks, Lars "Lars Brownies" <Lars@Browniew.com> wrote in message news:hg8h15$2rip$1@textnews.wanadoo.nl... > In VBA I need to check whether the current time is after 8 in the evening > but before 4 in the morning. I looked at the time methods but I can't > figure out how to do this check. Can someone point me in the right ...

CRecordset class giving Exception Query Timed Out With SQL Server if No Of Records are very large
Hey Friends I am creating a database application which is interacting with SQL Server. I am using CRecordset class for database interaction,the problem arises when the recordset is of very large no of records.I am using forward only recordset. I wish to know that if the recordset is of 10 lakh records and i fire a query which fetches all records then whether all the 10 lakh records will be fetched into my application or some better management is there by CRecordset ? bhatia, You may need to increase the query timeout value on the connection. Have a look at the CDatabase::SetQueryTimeout me...

Get Appts to display in current time zone?
I have a bunch of appts that were added to my calendar from a web site (PDC site) while I was in Central time zone. These appts were added and are displayed in Central time. Now I'm in LA for the conference and have reset the time on my computer to Pacific time; however these appts are STILL displayed in Central Time! How do I get them to display in Pacific time? This is Outlook 2007 running on Win7. The appts display with the time zone drop downs showing. Thanks in advance, Bill "Bill Cohagan" <BillCohagan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Date formula #7
I would like to have a calculation from a date I enter and data I download. I enter a date as follows 2/27/04 for a report each day. I download data with a 3/1/04, 4/1/04 for each month. I need to caluclate the date 90 180 and 240 days out. However while I do a new date each day (ex: 2/27/04, 2/28/04 3/01/04, 3/02/04...). The download data is always the first day of the month. So for February it needs to be 90 days from February 1, until March 1 then it is 90 days from that date until the next month and so on. Is there away for me to make a formula that takes out the 27 ...

Subform Flicker
I have a form with two subforms that are "in synch" with each other - the bottom form displays records based on the selection in the first form. The second, synchronized, subform allows data entry. Everything works fine. All data entry gets saved properly. EXCEPT every time I enter data on the subform, there is a brief flicker before the cursor moves to the next field. The record navigation buttons quickly disappear and then reappear. There is NO conditional formatting on the forms (I DID have some, but removed it just in case it's contributing). The first subform (sfrmTG1...

Autonew creates a new document from template and a new blank docum
I have a couple of users who are getting a new document based on a template, but it's also creating a new blank document. This is not happening for other users running the same autonew macro. Can anyone tell me if they've seen this happen before and what the solution is? Thank you! Post the autonew macro code. Word version? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< >...

Why AD objects created always have the "domain admins" as owner ?
Hello, my account is member of the domain admins. Every time that I create an object, the owner displayed is the Domain Admins and not my user account. I know that there is a GPO for files and folders created by an admin to specify that the user who created the object is the owner (and not the admin if the user is an admin too) but is it possible to do the same with an AD object (and so let a user the user as the owner of an object even if it is member of the domain admins groups)? thank you -- Eric Hi That's by design, Domain Admins have and should have al...

Create multiple dialogs at runtime
Hi, I want to make it possible for the user to create an unlimited (perhaps up to ten in practice :-) ) number of dialog boxes/windows at runtime depending on what the user selects in the main gui. It is meant to be a lot of dialog modules each containing a specific set of adjustable parameters that affects the processing in the main gui. The problem is I don't know how many dialog are going to be created at compile time. Because of the ways I want to use the code it is very important for me that I do not just hardcode ten different resource ids in the resource file. I want to create the d...

CFileFind identify a User created Directory Folder as a System Folder
Hi All, I have a CFileFind object and it is use to list all files/folders in a folder. Now here goes something wrong. I created a Folder and it is a IIS folder shown in explorer as [webicon]Web. But the CFileFind object treat it as a System folder. I dont know what is wrong with the code and object. Here is code CFileFind mFileFinder; bWorking = mFileFinder.FindFile(mFindPath); //Enumerating and displaying content of current directory while (bWorking) { bWorking = mFileFinder.FindNextFile(); if (mFileFinder.IsDots()) continue; if (mFileFinder.IsSystem() || mFileFinder.IsTemporar...

How do I get the date correct in excel 2000 on a chart?
When I create a line graph, the date comes up as 00 instead of 05. I have the correct cell formating (it's set to date format) and I've tried different date formats. You probably need to switch to an "XY (Scatter)" chart. A "Line" chart treats the x-axis values as 1,2,3,... which as dates would be 1Jan1900, 2Jan1900, ... Jerry Racheb wrote: > When I create a line graph, the date comes up as 00 instead of 05. I have the > correct cell formating (it's set to date format) and I've tried different > date formats. If the dates were actuall...

Run-time error on setting textbox
I am trying to set a value to a textbox on a subform from a selection in a popup form. The textbox is bound to a table field (which is a foreign key / number field). The listbox on the popup returns a number. When I do: Forms!frmMainform!frmSubform.Form!txtNumber = Me.lstbox I get the following error: Run-time error 2448 You can't assign a value to this object I have another very similar form where I am able to set a value into a bound textbox. Why, then, can't I do it on this form? Is there some property that is set wrong or something? I need to be able to set this valu...

Create and configure a queue user
If I install CRM Router it's necessary the configuration of this user ? because right now Router is installed and i can see reply mails in CRM but the Exchange server is generating these errors .. Event Type: Warning Event Source: CrmExchangeQueueService Event Category: None Event ID: 5897 Date: 06/22/05 Time: 4:23:49 PM User: N/A Computer: SISMAIL Description: The description for Event ID ( 5897 ) in Source ( CrmExchangeQueueService ) cannot be found. The local computer may not have the necessary registry information or message DLL files to display messages from a remote computer...