Using tild-n in e-mail

Using Win XP/OLK 2003, and NOT using Word as the editor, does anyone know
how to insert the 'enya' (n with the tilde ~ over it) into an email? My
users typically have default email set to HTML although some prefer plain
text. Would that make a difference?

Thank you,
-Monica

0
amethystm (22)

da-moe <amethystm@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Using Win XP/OLK 2003, and NOT using Word as the editor, does anyone
> know how to insert the 'enya' (n with the tilde ~ over it) into an
> email? My users typically have default email set to HTML although
> some prefer plain text. Would that make a difference?

Character Map can do that, but I find it easier to use this tool:
http://allchars.zwolnet.com/
--
Brian Tillman
0

find the character and copy. you can also look at the code in the status bar
and use it to enter the character. The right side has the alt+code and the
left has the Unicode code - type the Unicode codes (not the U+ part) in then
press alt+x.
http://www.outlook-tips.net/archives/2003/20030908.htm

you can also use the character map in word or create autocorrect entries for
frequently used symbols.

--

"da-moe" <amethystm@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Using Win XP/OLK 2003, and NOT using Word as the editor, does anyone know
> how to insert the 'enya' (n with the tilde ~ over it) into an email? My
> users typically have default email set to HTML although some prefer plain
> text. Would that make a difference?
>
> Thank you,
> -Monica

0
outlookmvp (5838)
1/25/2006 9:46:59 PM
da-moe wrote:

> Using Win XP/OLK 2003, and NOT using Word as the editor, does anyone
> know how to insert the 'enya' (n with the tilde ~ over it) into an
> email? My users typically have default email set to HTML although
> some prefer plain text. Would that make a difference?

There are several ways to produce foreign-language characters like �. I use
a little freeware background program called AllChars. This lets me (in all
applications, not just OE) type many common special characters (many of
these are used in other languages) by pressing the ctrl key followed by a
two character mnemonic combination.

For example, for � the two characters are ~ and n. For � it's c and , For �
it's u and "

Go to http://allchars.zwolnet.com/

Please reply to the newsgroup

0
kblake (73)

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Setting up a new e-mail account

Use exchange from a trusted domain

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile

Using INDIRECT within functions

Duplicate E-Mail #4

How to use count for calls per hour

Odd e-mail duplication problem

Anyone use Promys CRM software integrated with GP Dynamics?
Our company is considering using Promys as a CRM to create quotes and sales orders for the sales team. I am concerned about the integration with GP and what the pitfalls may be. Is anyone here currently using Promys with GP Dynamics? ...