using the "save as" command for a jpg

I often get pictures I want to save to my "A" drive
floppy. I usually get JPG pictures and when I right click
on the picture and choose save as and pick out the A drive
it will only let me save as a BMP format, which I don't
want.... Help. How do I fix this so it will let me save as
a JPG?
0
anonymous (74722)

John <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> I often get pictures I want to save to my "A" drive
> floppy. I usually get JPG pictures and when I right click
> on the picture and choose save as and pick out the A drive
> it will only let me save as a BMP format, which I don't
> want.... Help. How do I fix this so it will let me save as
> a JPG?

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=234943

Outlook 2000 can save only in BMP format.
--
Brian Tillman
0

Save as html #3
I recently upgraded from Office 97 running on a Windows 98 machine to Office 2003 running on an XP machine. With the Office 97 version of Excel, when I do a "save as html" the file that is created has the cells formatted with shadowed bars around them. When I do a "save as web page" in the newer version of Excel, the shadowed bars are missing. How can I get the same formatting as with the older version of Excel? John, Excel has come a long way with html since Excel 97. It looks considerably more in a browser like it does in Excel. Probably your only bet is to ...

How do I get the Save AS CSV option?
I'm attempting to perform a Save As CSV - comma delimited. I don't have the option. How do I get it? Search and Record wrote: > I'm attempting to perform a Save As CSV - comma delimited. I don't have the > option. How do I get it? Save As- then change the drop-down-box "Save as Type" at the bottom of the window. There's an option for CSV -- Interim Systems and Management Accounting Gordon Burgess-Parker Director www.gbpcomputing.co.uk ...

Save as Picture DISTORTS FONTS
I use Pub 2002 to create compositions that I save as .jpg's for my website, and email headers. The compositions consist of "Digital images (.tiff) + WordArt + Shapes (with fills) + Text Blocks". I group them together, or do a Select All then use "Save as Picture" to save the composition as a .jpg . When I reopen the saved .jpg I find that the text that was added as a Text Block becomes fuzzy / blurry. The images, WordArt, and Shapes all remain clear. It doesn't matter what program I open the .jpg with the Text that was added as a Text Block is re...

Excel
I want to record new data by date so that the progress of my spreadsheet can be easily seen. I do not want to save hundreds of copies of my spreadsheet - e.g. Save As. Can anybody help ? ...

Why does SAVE AS changes the file name to a single letter?
Choosing the icon for new, I have created a new worksheet in a new workbook, then I go to File and then Save As. I entered a file name "Sept 6th invoice" and the file type is the default "Microsoft Excel Workbook". I click on Save and it changes my filename to a single letter, such as "b" and saves it as "b.xls" If I open a file that has been saved previously with a file name "A_R as of June 30th.xls" and trry to perform "Save As" with the same file name that I opened, it does not work. I get a message telling me that the fil...

Word 2007
Hi All, I'm having a number of issues with Word 2007 [(12.0.6514.5000) SP2 MSO (12.0.6425.1000)] and PDFs. First, I'm experiencing tremendous expansion. My original DOC is 104 KB. The document is mostly text, with a few tables an two small (less than 10K) PNGs for figures. When I save the DOC as a PDF, the document bloats to 508 KB. But when I use an online PDF conversion service such as doc2pdf, the finished document is 51 KB - with advertisements. Second, Word 2007 does not honor my document's properties. For example, Word 2007 disregards the Title, Subject, or Aut...

save as pipe delimited #2
hi, just an appendage: i found another link, which provides a file by Earl which does this. http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?t=265998&highlight=pipe+delimited i am not able to figure out where to input the filename for the data t be picked up from. any information regarding this would be helpful. thanks, mac -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26877 ...

Save As
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel When I try to 'save as' in word I am only offered a limited number of folders and I cannot access sub-folders. E.g I can save to desk top but not one of the folders on the desk top. I'm using Office 2008 home edition Yeah, this is actually an Apple thing, not a Microsoft thing, so remember it--you might run into the same problem in other programs. In the Save As dialog, directly to the right of the filename field, click the blue triangle. This will expand the Save dialog and let you browse to anywhere on...

Lotus 123 save as excel workbook and maintain formatting? #2

Sub Procedure for File Save As PDF or XPS menu option
Hi, I need to give a message to the user once he/she clicks on the File Save As PDF or XPS menu option in Word 2007. I have tried with Sub FileSavePdfOrXps() but it is not working. Can any one let me know which is the exact sub procedure which is invoked? Thanks in advance. You haven't placed any of the code you tried in the Sub, so it would be hard to troubleshoot. Have you used the Office 2007 Developer Reference on MSDN? It's really great. Perhaps you can customize what happens when someone uses that command--there may be other ways to accomplish your object...

save as pdf in access 2007
I have the add-on to allow saving objects as xps & pdf. Could someone post an access module/vba script that demonstrates how to export an access report to pdf? Its easy enough to do manually, but I would like to program my form to allow a user to save to pdf without any required interaction. The basic idea is: DoCmd.OutputTo acOutputReport, "Report1", acFormatPDF, strFile, True -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "sumGirl" &l...

Select Record in query, save as New Record then edit New Record
Hi, I have a Select Query with a Split Form attached to it. Access 2007. I print out single page Lab Test Certificates that are sent out to Customers. This is done through a Report also attached to the same Query. When you click on a record visible in the bottom of the Split Form, it shows in the fields (test boxes) in the upper portion of the form. The report is created using this active record that is showing in the form. Sometimes the same Certificate (record) is used again and only certain fields need changing to create a new one. I would like to keep the old record ...

Hide "Save" and "Save as..." menu
Hi! I would like to know if is possible to hide the "Save" and "Save as..." option menus in the "File" menu and how do that. Thank in advance. Rui application.CommandBars(1).Controls("File").controls("Save").visible=false application.CommandBars(1).Controls("File").controls("Save As...").visible=false -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Rui Alvares" <rui.alvares@netvisao.pt> wrote in message news:newscache$5qczti$ic7$1@newsfront4.netvisao.pt... > Hi!...

Save as authentication?
I have a web/ftp server that has a link to an excel file. The server (Win2000 Adv Svr) is configured to prompt the user for a username/password. The initial login works fine, however once I open the spreadsheet and try to save as (to my local desktop) I get another login dialog box. If I enter the same username/password combo, the same dialog box comes back. If I hit the ESC key the dialog box disappears and I can save the file... sometimes. Shouldn't I be able to save a file that I have already "downloaded"? ...

Alternative to common dialog / save as?
I'm using a skinning component which causes the default showSave dialog to appear misaligned and discolored (nothing I can do other than to stop working with the component). Is there a different way to show a standard "save as" dialog box? Maybe something without the search bar etc.? Thank you "John Smith" <spam@not-a-real-domain-name.com> wrote in message news:e2dGGWdCLHA.5412@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > I'm using a skinning component which causes the default showSave dialog to > appear misaligned and discolored (nothing I can do ot...

diasable "save as"
I setup a vb that disables the save as on the file menu. the code works as expected. But only if I click on run in the VB editor. In general I have sub command saveas enable=false (not exact syntax ) end sub How do I get this to execute when I open the workbook? When I close the workbook I want to reverse the code so that the next workbookthat is opened does not have saveas greyed. I have the code, but where to put it, so that it executes, is my problem. >I setup a vb that disables the save as on the file menu. > the code works as expected. But only if I click on run in the VB edit...

Can't 'Save As' Workbook due to 'Protected Cell' error
When I try to 'Save As' a workbook that I e-mailed to our MIS guy t post on our server, everyone gets a 'The cell or chart you are tryin to change is protected and therefore read only' error. I then have t click the 'OK' 11 times before it allows the 'Save As'. My earlie versions of the workbook do not get this error. Thanks for your help ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step...

save as pipe delimited #4
hi dave, thank you very much, link to chip pearson's macro worked for me. regards, mac -- icestationzbr ----------------------------------------------------------------------- icestationzbra's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=458 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26877 ...

Adding a destination in the Save As options
I used to have the answer to this but can't now find it. How can I add a specific destination in the left-hand panel of the Save As box? I'm using Word 2000. And is there a way of saving to two separate folders simultaneously? Many thanks for any help. Bert That's called the Places Bar. See here for all the details you need: http://www.gmayor.com/customize_the_word_places_bar.htm -- Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP "Bert Coules" <mail@bertcoules.co.uk> wrote in message news:VMadnZtQ0Ka_BefWnZ2dnUVZ8imdnZ2d@brightview.co.uk... > I used ...

Lost Save As option
I upgraded to the Panther OS. Shortly thereafter, I lost the Save As option in Word v.x I don't know if the two are related or not. Please help. In article <115d801c3f4a3$d71e0020$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "JamiJ" <editor@thetrucker.com> wrote: > I upgraded to the Panther OS. Shortly thereafter, I lost the Save As > option in Word v.x I don't know if the two are related or not. Please > help. They're not related. Choose Tools/Customize and in the Toolbar tab, select Menu Bar (make sure the name is highlighted, not just the checkbox checked). Click ...

Save as .csv file removes trailing 00 #2
Hi all. I have a XL sheet with one column containing tekst and values. It is partnumbers. Some of these starts with trailing nulls (the number 0). Like 00AB25 or 00056P-SDF. It is populated from SQL Server 2000 varchar(30) field. When I save as .csv file XL removes the trailing 0's and the partnumber in the csv file changes to AB25 and 56P-SDF. Any ideas how to avoid this? thanx. geir In the raw .csv file the leading nulls are preserved (try opening it with Notepad and you will see), but when Excel reopens the file it converts them to numbers. But only those partnumbers that do n...

Final attempt save as binary question
This is about my fifth attempt since March, so far without eliciting a single reply (last attempt seems to have disappeared into the ether): Re Excel 2007 "Save as binary". Its supposed to save space and be quicker. So why isn't it the default method? Is there a downside? For example, will macros no longer work? Are there reduced functions in a file saved as binary? I need to know before I save a large and majorly important (to me) file with heaps of worksheets and macros and find down the track that I've lost something significant! There HAS to be some reas...

"Save as" in IE programatically
When you view an image in IE you can right click and choose save as to save the file to the local machine. I would like to "move" or copy that image into a predefined directory. The thought is why download it again if it's already on my computer. I would like to avoid the unnecessary "save as" step. Any ideas how I could achieve this with active-x? TIA, Bill Try URLDownloadToFile/URLDownloadToCacheFile. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "Bill Levis" <bill@voicenet.com> wrote in message news:O##vXt1ZDHA.1492@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... &g...

Save as picture #2
Using P2003, I have 3 elements (2 text boxes and 1 graphic) on a page that I grouped and wanted to save as one JPG. However, when I look at the finished JPG, the graphic is not part of the JPG. Why not? you may have missed it when grouping make sure you select all three and try it again "ladyt" <user@domain.invalid> wrote in message news:%23JKlJWLjHHA.1624@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... | Using P2003, I have 3 elements (2 text boxes and 1 graphic) on a page | that I grouped and wanted to save as one JPG. However, when I look at | the finished JPG, the graphic is not part of the...

How do I create a macro to Save As?
How do I write a macro to SaveAs? I want it to save the file as the same filename it already has, but to put it in a different folder. Any help? Record a macro while doing this under tools>maco>record new macro Of course that will save the file in the same folder everytime you run the macro. Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Shelly9633" wrote: > How do I write a macro to SaveAs? I want it to save the file as the same > filename it already has, but to put it in a different folder. Any help? Thank you for your speedy reply, however, I already tried that method. The prob...