Using Rules to Respond to Messages

I'm setting up resource scheduling and like some others have noticed, if
a user submits a calendar item to a resource but puts the resource in
the required or optional field the calendar has to accept or decline
the meeting.  Well, your resource is setup to automatically accept
resource scheduling and no one is going to read the requests submitted
as email.

I was thinking I could setup a rule that automatically resonds to the
user to tell them that they have selected a resource as a person.
Please resubmit this request and put the resource in the resource
field.

PROBLEM:  I can't find anything in rules that will look at the type of
email and I can't find anything else unique about a submitted email.
Does anyone know how I could configure the rule to auto-reply to the
user?

I'm using Outlook 2002 and Exchange 5.5.

You will probably need to write some code to do this - so you might want to
try posting in an Outlook programming group to see if someone has already
done this or for some pointers on getting started.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted
without reading.

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, nobby asked:

| I'm setting up resource scheduling and like some others have noticed,
| if a user submits a calendar item to a resource but puts the resource
| in the required or optional field the calendar has to accept or
| decline the meeting.  Well, your resource is setup to automatically
| accept resource scheduling and no one is going to read the requests
| submitted as email.
|
| I was thinking I could setup a rule that automatically resonds to the
| user to tell them that they have selected a resource as a person.
| Please resubmit this request and put the resource in the resource
| field.
|
| PROBLEM:  I can't find anything in rules that will look at the type of
| email and I can't find anything else unique about a submitted email.
| Does anyone know how I could configure the rule to auto-reply to the
| user?
|
| I'm using Outlook 2002 and Exchange 5.5.

| ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/
| ~~View and post usenet messages directly from
| http://www.ExcelForum.com/

0
MillyS5166 (1132)