Using profiles to auto configure a users email settings

Hi All,

Firstly appologies for this old question but I have been trying to get this
working for a week now and just keep going around in circles.

We have network of 2000 odd users sharing 400 pc's
on the 2k boxes anyone can log in but if they have not signed in before they
are required to configure their outlook profile.

I have played with default.prf and the modprof.exe file usung the-S -Z. All
appears to work it says the profile is created etc.
when the user goes into outlook it does not grab their username from the
default.prf file...
Here is the top part of this file :

[General]
Custom=1
ProfileName=Microsoft Outlook Default
Profile=Yes
OverwriteProfile=Yes
DefaultStore=Service2
[Service List]
Service1=Microsoft Outlook Client
Service2=Microsoft Exchange Server
Service3=Outlook Address Book
Service4=Personal Address Book
[Service1]
EmptyWastebasket=FALSE
SelectEntireWord=TRUE
AfterMoveMessage=2
CloseOriginalMessage=FALSE
GenReadReceipt=FALSE
GenDeliveryReceipt=FALSE
DefaultSensitivity=0
DefaultPriority=1
SaveSentMail=TRUE
[Service2]
ConversionProhibited=TRUE
; ******* Exchange ServerName ************
HomeServer=my mail server name goes here
; ****************************************
; ****** Username ****
MailboxName=#USERNAME#
OfflineAddressBookPath=#ROOTDRIVE#\Outlook\Address Book
[Service3]
Ben=TRUE
[Service4]
PathToPersonalAddressBook=#ROOTDRIVE#\Outlook\Address Book

This was copied from a site that indicated it worked.  I had to assume that
the #USERNAME# was the variable, as this did not work I tried %USERNAME% and
then on a MS site it sugested that I use $USERNAME$, all of these failed.

Can anyone point me in the correct direction so I can get the default.prf
file working beyond what I have here

Regards
Phillip

0
me6898 (3)

invalid email address

Using Relative path for XML data file?

Auto transfer of row
I have a list of components to be ordered in each row is a cell with order number entered in it. What I want is to copy the row to anothe sheet (which is to be displayed at goods) when the order number i entered in that cell. Is this possible? many thanks for any help -- alanle ----------------------------------------------------------------------- alanled's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3094 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=57297 this could be acheived by using VLOOKUP function. if you want a perfect soluti...

Attaching Contacts to new email

Some Emails Cannot be Delivered

From time to time, I will recieve email from friends, family, or business...and when I get the email, I open it up to find nothing but white space. I can't find a common thing between emails. I just know it is very frustrating when I have to ask people to resend the email to me or to a new address. When I look at my mail on the server, it is fine. It is when I open Outlook and it downloads it to my desktop. I get nothing. Any ideas? Cheers.. vg Sorry, wanted to add that I am using OL2003 with WINXP and everything is updated SP wise. I am starting to see some articles on this...

Emails #3