Using Outlook 2003 As Default Mail Client #2

After installing Outlook 2003 on top of Outlook 2002 on an WXP Home machine,
I can't get Outlook to work as the default mail client. It does work properly
if you type mailto: in the run box, but it doesn't work from IE or any other
applications. I have set it as the default mail client. I have changed it to
Outlook Express and back again. I have set it as default when Outlook opens
and asks to be made the default. The error message is: a small window opens
with a yellow caution sign saying, "Micosoft Outlook "Not Implemented". Any
help would be appreciated.

Thanks

"Tiyalolit" wrote:

> After installing Outlook 2003 on top of Outlook 2002 on an WXP Home machine,
> I can't get Outlook to work as the default mail client. It does work properly
> if you type mailto: in the run box, but it doesn't work from IE or any other
> applications. I have set it as the default mail client. I have changed it to
> Outlook Express and back again. I have set it as default when Outlook opens
> and asks to be made the default. The error message is: a small window opens
> with a yellow caution sign saying, "Micosoft Outlook "Not Implemented". Any
> help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

Problem fixed. Uninstalled Outlook 2003 and reinstalled was all that was
needed.

outlook 2007 #11
how many pc's can i put on? as i have 1 copy of outlook2007, as i own 3 pc's one copy per PC. "sallyanne" wrote: > how many pc's can i put on? as i have 1 copy of outlook2007, as i own 3 pc's sallyanne <sallyanne@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > how many pc's can i put on? as i have 1 copy of outlook2007, as i > own 3 pc's One desktop PC that you will use and one laptop PC that you will use, is the usual EULA stipulation. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 98 out of memory, pls help.
out of memory when save message as messages format. ...

sheet tab #2
I want to change font size of sheet 's name. What should I do? thanks ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=46907739-afa1-4f71-aca6-a3a341bef4ec&dg=microsoft.public.exc...

Help with Mailing Labels
New to Excel and having problems with mailing mailing labels from my list. Any help out there. Jeff Jeff Are you attempting to make labels directly in Excel? It could be done in Excel only, but........ Investigate the use of Word's mailmerge feature to get Excel data to labels and envelopes. Doing it strictly in Excel is difficult and involves much trial and error formatting. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, ...

Comparing 2 columns
Column A is full of names (none repeating). Column B has names as well, and the same name MIGHT already be in column A. I want a formula in column C that will first look at cell B1, then search all of Column A, and either answer YES or NO if it is found. I though an If statement would work, but it isnt. I wrote the following - =IF(B1=(A1:A25),"Yes","No") However, this is only returning NO as an answer, even if the name in B1 IS located in the range of A1:A25. Am I doing something wrong, or does this only work for values and not text ? Using Excel 2000, SP2 ly...

Access 2003 & the Database Documenter
I want to print out some TableDefs as a reference as I work on myapplication code. But I can't find that thing that used to be called the"Database Documenter".Did they take it out of Access 2003 or did they hide it in some differentplace that I am not seeing?Help?-- Peace & happy computing,Mike Labosh, MCSD MCTOwner, vbSensei.Com"Escriba coda ergo sum." -- vbSensei > I want to print out some TableDefs as a reference as I work on my> application code. But I can't find that thing that used to be called the> "Database Documenter".Nevermind, I f...

Saving new record with defaults only
I'm programmatically valuing several default values in a form from fields in a preceding form. Sometimes there is no other data entry required, but we want the new record to be saved. Unfortunately, the record is NOT being saved, because there is nothing to be saved when all you have is default values. How can I force the save of the new record? mlwallin wrote: > I'm programmatically valuing several default values in a form from > fields in a preceding form. Sometimes there is no other data entry > required, but we want the new record to be saved. Unfortunately, the ...

Ingenico i6550 on 2.0.0114
Hi All, I am having a hard time finding any information on installation and configuration of the i6550. Would anyone out there be willing to share their documentation and/or procedures with me? I followed the KB article 935588 but all I get is a blank screen once the device boots. I have gleaned that I need several things to make this work: Form Designer for the device Ingenico OPOS driver newer than 2.4 (?) Better configuration documentation Sample receipt template (?) I would appreciate any detailed documentation that I can get my hands on. Thanks all very much! I installed 7 of th...

Help! Can't open my Outlook 2003
Message I get is: Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook Window. The set of folders could not be opened. The server is not available. Contact your administrator if this condition persists. Need suggestion on what to do please. What type of email account do you use? Did it work before? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outloo...

How to handle all unhandled exceptions when using Task Parallel Library?
I'm using the Task Parallel Library (TPL) in .NET 4.0. I want to centralize the handling logic of all unhandled exceptions by using the Thread.GetDomain().UnhandledException event. However, in my application, the event is never fired for threads started with TPL code, e.g. Task.Factory.StartNew(...). The event is indeed fired if I use the traditional Thread(threadStart).Start(). This MSDN article (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd997415%28v=VS.100%29.aspx) suggests to use Task#Wait() to catch the AggregateException when working with TPL, but that is not I want b...

outlook not good
Help: Since I loaded Outlook on Thursday (as part of an Office 2003 upgrade) I have not been able to find (or receive?) e-mails on Outlook whereas I still receive and find e-mails easily on Outlook Express (which came with my Comcast broadband service) ... any clues as to what I'm doing wrong regarding Outlook e-mail? Thank you in advance for your help. any clues? - not really you dont give any error msgs or? Tried, in OL, Importing yr mail settings from OE? David "william" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:391701c3e297$a9268980$a401280a...

Can't see 2 open workbooks listed in the Window tab
Using Excel 2003 When I have two workbooks open I think I should see both of the workbooks listed in the Window tab on the Menu Bar. I only see the workbook file I am in. What can I do to correct this? This is not a question on charting, but let's be nice for a change :-) The 'problem' you describe pops up when you open Excel twice, what might happen when you double-click the file from the Explorer to open it while Excel already is open. It will not happen if you have Excel open and open the file from within. HTH, Henk "TomD" wrote: > Using Excel 2003 &...

Outlook 2010 04-19-10
Testing Office 2010 but before using any of the suite need to setup up Outlook first but cannot Import CSV file addressbook from either 2003 or 2007 in to it. Error message "Invalid SAM ID" and following global search it can be done with a "translator" but no one seems to know where to get it from so still cannot use Outlook. Although a beta product Outlook is specifically a communications application but not being able to easily import your contacts makes the application totally useless! I would have thought that MS would have at least made sure that the mos...

Outlook 2000 (Win2K Pro) connection problems
Hi Everyone, I have a few workstations that cannot connect to an Exchange 2000 server from Outlook 2000 (Win2k Pro). Access is still available via OWA and everything was working as of this past Friday. I receive a "The logon credentials supplied were incorrect. Make sure your username and domain are correct, then type your password again." error message when the correct credentials are supplied and tried to use this http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321652/en-us KB with no success. On my XP Pro workstation with Office 2000, I am able to connect as normal. So far I have tried, re...

help with outlook 2002 XP
I deleted an old exchange server account as it always showed an error when send/receiving. When I did this I lost all inboz and calendar -- can I retrieve any of this data??? Also cannot even send emails as message pops up saying no data files available. ANy thoughts? ...

Access 2000 to 2003 Conversion
Hi, We are about to move to 2003 from 2000. While the Access 2000 file format is compatible with 2003 I wanted to find out if there are reasons we should try and convert all our databases to 2003? Are we going to have any issues if we leave them in the 2000 format and just use them in 2003? Thanks, -- Jonathan Thomas Hampshire County Council The 2002/2003 format is supposed to be faster and more stable than the 2000 format. Microsoft's recommendation is that if everyone is using Access 2002 or 2003 you should use the new format. However, if the 2000 format is working satisfacto...

Create Pareto Chart in Excel? #2
Thanks for the responses. The data is in a sorted frequenc distribution. I have the data analysis add-in installed, but i couldn' locate the data analysis pull down or the histogram with pareto option I'm running excel 2000, I can still create a pareto with this versio correct -- Tycon2 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Tycon22's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1626 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27698 The bottom entry on the Tools menu should be "Data Analysi...

Using Drag and Drop for non Adjacent Cells
Hi, I have an Excel work book which has a row of totals in cells which are 6 columns apart. Eg the 1st cell is K71, the next Q71 the next W71etc etc up to a maximum of 25 cells. In another sheet within the same book I have a totals sheet which I need to display the totals from the 1st sheet. I have copied the 1st 2 references from the original sheet into cells which are adjacent to each other in my totals sheet with the intention of dragging and dropping for the next 23 or so cells hoping that Excel would pick up on the fact that the referenced cells are 6 rows apart. But this does not ha...

Outlook closes when opened
Almost every time i try to open my mail in Internet Explorer using Outlook 2003 outlook closes. THe only way i can read my mail is after I reboot and check for any errors in the system. Any answers out there. ...

Changing Default Save Location for Email Attachments
Hey gang.. I understand the Tools>Options>General tab allows you to change the default open/save file for Excel, however, this does not work when you open a file received as an attachment. The Save As location changes to one of the Temp folders. Does anyone know how to change this? I use Outlook 2002 - and this may be impossible, but it is extremely irritating and I would love to find out how to change this Thanks --Shane Hi shane try Ron's sendmail add-in: http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Shane wrote: > Hey gang... > > I ...

Adding button using wizard in Access 07
Hi, I'm trying to add a simple button to advance the record page to a new blank record using the wizard. Here's what I've done: Created the form which works fine. I've added records to test it. In Design view I click on Use Controls Wizards to activate it. Click on Button to select it. Click on the form to place the button and activate wizard. This does happen. In the wizard I elect Record Operations under Categories and then Add New Record for the Action. Click Next and then select Text to identify the button. Click Next again and change name to Add Record. Clic...

Missing contacts Exchange 2003
Weid, there are no contacts in the main Contacts folder, is there a way to import them from AD to Exchange 2003? Thanks AD contacts show up in the GAL. Each user has their own private contacts folder. -GT "Tomek" <tomaszch@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:7eda0bae.0409180906.1c7c6ce2@posting.google.com... > Weid, there are no contacts in the main Contacts folder, is there a > way to import them from AD to Exchange 2003? > > Thanks ...

Losing E-mail Sign on
At times when I get an error message and can't receive e-mails I go to tools/internet/accts/servers and find that my email user name and password are gone-(blank space). I have to re-input the date and sometimes turn the modem on and off. Has anyone experienced the issue where their info has "disappeared" as I detailed? That sometimes happens when Windows Mail has repeated trouble accessing your mail server, possible due to a flaky Internet connection. = The next time you get an error message, right-click on your error = message, copy, then paste it into a reply h...

"Unable to display folder" accessing additional mailboxes in Outlook 2003 as administrator
Article 262399 properly describes the process, however for a new machine with Windows 2003 Server, Exchange 2003 and Outlook 2003 (on console), this right appears to be already granted to all mailboxes. That is "domain"\administrator already has full mailbox access although it appears greyed out on purpose. Deleting and re-adding is not allowed. So, if one logs onto the console as an administrator and adds the additional mailboxes to the exchange server profile, one gets the typical "unable to display folder" when clicking on the mailbox in Outlook 2003. Even though th...

New in Money'04: Online Services Valid Two or Three Years from first use
From the new Money 2004 pages: http://www.microsoft.com/money/info/comparison.asp "Online services valid two or three years from first use. Online bill pay, downloading transactions from your financial institution, downloading stock quotes, and the ability to synchronize with MSN� Money Plus or MSN Money expire two years from first use of Microsoft Money Standard or September 1, 2006, whichever is earlier. Online bill pay, downloading transactions from your financial institution, downloading stock quotes, and the ability to synchronize with MSN� Money Plus or MSN Money expire three year...