Using Identities in Outlook same as Outlook Express

I have always used OUtlook Express and am considering
using Outlook because of the increased security and
features.   I have Outlook 2003.

When using Outlook Express I had 3 different email
accounts and could use each independently and switch from
one to another by just changing identities.

I tried to set up Outlook and I entered the various email
accounts and it downloads emails from all 3 accounts to
the same inbox.

Is there a way in Outlook to setup separate email
identities and keep my emails separate like I did in OE?

Is it really advantageous to change to Outlook over OE?

It may be easier to post a reply to my email.

Thank you

0
oag100 (1)

Create profiles in Outlook. To do this, open Control Panels. Double click
teh Mail icon. There should be a show profilees button. You can create a
different profile for each email account.

Outlook and Outlook Express are different programs. If you want the Junk
Mail protection, Calendar, Tasks, and potential programmability features,
use Outlook. If all you want is email and you don't get much spam, Outlook
Express is simpler in many cases and might be easier to use.

--
Patricia Cardoza
Outlook MVP

Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003

***Please post all replies to the newsgroups***
"Gary" <oag100@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have always used OUtlook Express and am considering
> using Outlook because of the increased security and
> features.   I have Outlook 2003.
>
> When using Outlook Express I had 3 different email
> accounts and could use each independently and switch from
> one to another by just changing identities.
>
> I tried to set up Outlook and I entered the various email
> accounts and it downloads emails from all 3 accounts to
> the same inbox.
>
> Is there a way in Outlook to setup separate email
> identities and keep my emails separate like I did in OE?
>
> Is it really advantageous to change to Outlook over OE?
>
> It may be easier to post a reply to my email.
>
> Thank you

0
patriciac (522)
1/8/2004 9:47:38 PM
"Gary" <oag100@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have always used OUtlook Express and am considering
> using Outlook because of the increased security and
> features.   I have Outlook 2003.
>
> When using Outlook Express I had 3 different email
> accounts and could use each independently and switch from
> one to another by just changing identities.
>
> I tried to set up Outlook and I entered the various email
> accounts and it downloads emails from all 3 accounts to
> the same inbox.
>
> Is there a way in Outlook to setup separate email
> identities and keep my emails separate like I did in OE?
>
> Is it really advantageous to change to Outlook over OE?
>
> It may be easier to post a reply to my email.
>
> Thank you

there is a function called "Profiles" which is almost identical to
"Identities" in OE - the only difference is that you have to close Outlook
before switching.

0
me9 (928)
1/8/2004 10:09:17 PM
Gary <oag100@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have always used OUtlook Express and am considering
> using Outlook because of the increased security and
> features.   I have Outlook 2003.

You've already asked this question once and had it answered.  You really
don't need to ask it again.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

Tillman (1436)

Using Relative path for XML data file?

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems