Using anonymous e-mail address

I notice that many of you have one word newsgroup addresses (Frank, Bill,
Susie, and so forth) in groups.
My actual address was harvested by spammers. I'd like to use an anonymous
address, too. How can I
emulate your anonymous IDs? Noted that your news posts properties show your
IDs appear as
"anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com"

How can I do this just for newsgroups? I want to keep my email address
intact for e-mail.

Am using Outlook 2000 for e-mail and Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups on Win
XP Home PC.

Thanks in advance.

Joseph,
The email address that you see that are marked
"anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com" are because the Microsoft Web access
to the newsgroups, sometimes called the "CDO interface" is the default email
unless you enter your real email. I do not like using this interface as it
can take alot of scrolling to find the message you want, however one nice
thing is the way it groups all the Newsgroups, it makes it very easy to find
newsgroups that I never knew that were on here.
Here is a link to it.
Community Newsgroups
http://support.microsoft.com/newsgroups/default.aspx

--
Tedd Riggs
PDA Square Content Developer

"Joseph Anderson" <josephanderson@nospamknology.net> wrote in message
>I notice that many of you have one word newsgroup addresses (Frank, Bill,
> Susie, and so forth) in groups.
> My actual address was harvested by spammers. I'd like to use an anonymous
> address, too. How can I
> emulate your anonymous IDs? Noted that your news posts properties show
> your
> IDs appear as
> "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com"
>
> How can I do this just for newsgroups? I want to keep my email address
> intact for e-mail.
>
> Am using Outlook 2000 for e-mail and Outlook Express 6 for newsgroups on
> Win
> XP Home PC.
>
> Thanks in advance.

0
Tedd
3/3/2004 12:51:48 PM
Joseph Anderson <josephanderson@nospamknology.net> wrote:

> I notice that many of you have one word newsgroup addresses (Frank,
> Bill, Susie, and so forth) in groups.
> My actual address was harvested by spammers. I'd like to use an
> anonymous address, too. How can I
> emulate your anonymous IDs? Noted that your news posts properties
> show your IDs appear as
> "anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com"
>
> How can I do this just for newsgroups? I want to keep my email address
> intact for e-mail.

Open Outlook Express, click Tools>Accounts, select your account, and click
Properties.  Enter whatever you'd like in the "E-mail address" box.

0
Tillmabg (988)

Outlook Send/Receive mail SLOW

Using mouse wheel in VB editor