Using a microphone/headset to place phone calls

Anybody,
I've been trying to use Outlook with my
microphone/headset to place calls using the auto dial
feature. I can hear the calls just fine but my voice is
coming across almost inaudible.  I've tested the
microphone so I know it is working correctly. Do I need
to adjust some dialing/modem setting(s) in Outlook before
I can use microphone/headset?
THANKS!
0
reedbillv (1)

Hi Bill,
The way to test your mic is to ensure that it works in Recorder or some
other Windows application. If that is also inaudible check your mixer
setting for microphone as you may need to turn the extra gain control "on".
If all of that is working you may need to check that your mic works ok with
Office XP (if you have it) for the voice typing. I can't help you past that.
Regards Ron H.

"Bill" <reedbillv@aol.com> wrote in message
> Anybody,
> I've been trying to use Outlook with my
> microphone/headset to place calls using the auto dial
> feature. I can hear the calls just fine but my voice is
> coming across almost inaudible.  I've tested the
> microphone so I know it is working correctly. Do I need
> to adjust some dialing/modem setting(s) in Outlook before
> I can use microphone/headset?
> THANKS!

0
Ron

Toolbars won't stay in position as placed.
Every time I open Visio the toolbars are not as previously positioned. I would like to create a consistent layout so I can easily remember where a tool is located. I understand toolbars change, for example when I view a shapesheet, and that's ok. I currently place all frequently used toolbars together at the top of my drawings in the standard fashion using four rows. When I first open Visio there are large gaps and they are scattered. Any way to lock them into position? Thanks in advance. Visio Standard 2003 SP2 (11.5509.6568). ...

Placing Individual Building Blocks on Ribbon
I've created a customized tab for our workgroup, and would like to make separate buttons for a few of our custom building blocks. The building blocks are visible in the Quick Parts listing. I've recorded macros that retrieve each building block -- the macros work fine via the Developer>Macro method. I then tried to insert lines in the RibbonX XML that place icons on the Ribbon and allow the user to call each macro. Here's a sample line of code, using the same syntax that I had successfully used for other macros that don't deal with building blocks: &...

using parameters
I have a form which the user selects the BlockNo. The other information that is entered in the form is : 1) NoOfRecordedTrees - RT 2)NoOfSurroundingTrees - ST When the BlockNo is entered, a query runs which picks up fertiliser rates for this Block for all sectors within that block. With RT and ST - it should do a calculation such that it uses Rate/ sector * (RT+ST) to find how much fertiliser is needed for each sector in each block. I would like to add a column to the existing query showing FertiliserAmt using these parameters. How do I specify them within the query. Thanks for your great...

sending mail using an alias email address
We are using Exchange Server 2007 with Outlook 2007 clients. I have several email addresses listed under my mail account on the Exchange Server for which I "receive" email. However, the server will not allow me to "send" email using any of these email addresses - as it only allows me to send using the primary address for my email account. I get a message saying "You are not allowed to send this message ... on behalf of another sender without permission to do so." What settings do I need to change on the Exchange Server so that it allows Outlook 2007 ...

How to create Windows forms like in VB using VC++6?
Hi I'm newbie to VC++6 environment. I already know VB6,VB.net, C,C++ and JAVA. Now I am doing project in Directx sdk using MS-VC++ 6. I learned MFC enough to program. But I couldn't make Windows forms like VB. I have tried it using Appwizard but it so Clumsy. The Appwizard is focusing in Doc/View architecture. Now Anyone tell me how to create Windows Form Application without Doc/view Support in MS-VC++ 6............................ Any Help, Lot of thanks in advance................... itekchandru wrote: > Hi > > I'm newbie to VC++6 environment. I already know VB6,VB.n...

Finding all queries which use a table

Re: Using alias address
Brian Tillman wrote: > Vince <vinresp*@swhome.com> wrote: > > >>We use an exchange server at work for e-mail. I have set up an alias >>that I use for receiving mail but I wanted to use the alias for >>sending all the mail as well. I was told that it cannot be done in >>exchange but I can use a POP server. > > > I don't believe that's always true. For example, I have several accounts in > Outlook where I work, all within the same profile. Only one of those > accounts, the Exchange account, uses my work address. The ot...

Can Outlook 2003 use MSN Messenger INSTEAD of Windows Messenger?
I didn't get an answer to this question last week so I'm re-posting... I recently purchased a new computer (Windows XP Home Edition w/SP2) and loaded up all of the available updates to the OS, Internet Explorer, etc. Next, I installed Office 2003 Professional. I disabled Messenger integration with Outlook 2003 as discussed in other posts here. Next I installed MSN Messenger 6.2 and it seemed to run properly as a stand-alone application. So I re-enabled Messenger integration on Outlook 2003. The next time I booted up and ran Outlook, the Messenger icon appeared in the taskbar...

email address on Service Call Entry window
Add an email address field to the Service Call Entry window for the customer contact on the service call. Even if it is not pulled from the email address of the address id on the service call, at least the dispatcher could enter an email address on the service call in order to communicate with the customer regarding the call. It is common to take email address as part of contact information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the m...

Creating Contacts For Accounts Using...

Scroll horizontaly with mouse, create same system used to scroll .
Hi, I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down but to scroll from left to right or vice-versa, you have to use the scroll bar or arrows and it's annoying... So, am I a millionnaire yet??? Hi Frederic, > I think it would be great if mouses adopted a second scroll button, for > horizontal scrolling, just like the vertical one .... Indeed, when you work > with wide Excel spreadsheets, you can easily scroll down b...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Outlook first use
Hi, when I open Outlook in a workstation for the first time, Outlook open setup and ask user to create a new profile. I have a utility to create profile automaticaly and this setup is deleting existing profile. Is it possible to Outlook don�t ask to create a new profile for the first time? Tks. Alex ...

Online Restore using NT Backup has no edb.chk or edb.log files
I have a single site with four servers running Exchange 5.5 SP4 on NT4 SP6a. I am using an internal 35/70 Compaq DLT. When I back up two servers at the same time using online method, I am missing the edb.log and and edb.chk files when trying to restore the db's. Is there a known issue for this? Thanks, Jim When you make online backup, you are backing up the database content perse, the logs files will be skipped because ntbackup cannot back up open files. I recomend you to adquire a third party backup software with open files and exchange database options, like Veritas to ensu...

Calculating Correlation using arrays
I have a sheet full of data for many products in chronological order. Column A is Date of manufacture Column B is time of manufacture Column C is the product Column D is a measurement from the automatic control system Column E contains occasional manual measurements for calibratio checks Up till now I have split the data out by grade and checked calibratio using pivot tables and also checked slope and offsets. After gainin exposure to all kinds of clever functions via this board I now wonde whether it would not be possible to automate these checks in some way ie on a separate sheet I list t...

use excel to create PP slides?
I'm not sure if this is possible but I have a list of information in an excel table and I'd like to auto matically generate a slide for each row of data. for instance, I have a list of products and each product is on it's own row with 6 product features in the following columns. How can I take that info from excel and create a features slide for each product using the information from the following columns. I don't mind cutting and pasting the list - it doesn't have to be fully automatic but as I have over 1000 products I desperately don't want to reype ...

Using BGInfo Command Line Parameters
I've read the Help file in BGInfo - but can't figure out how to use Command Line Parameters. When I click on my startup icon, I would like to invoke certain parameters. The line I came up with is: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe /timer:99 /popup /taskbar /rtf:C:\DATA\BGINFO /nolicprompt" Obviously, this is wrong. My Target line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo\Bginfo.exe" My Start in line reads: "C:\Program Files\BGInfo\BgInfo" Please help me by telling me what, exactly, should go in each line. I would also like t...

Calling a webservice with parameter from contacts
Hi, I would like to call a webservice when i am in a contact form (I made an icon in the left bar to launch it) ; my problem is to get an information from the form to be verified in the webservice : how can i pass the parameters? (I am not yet a great developper in .net...) Thanks for your help this line of course in C# will get you the id of the object calling the code string id=Request.Params["oId"]; -- John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/Community/CRMFaqLanding.aspx "B. Guillout" <BGuillout@discussions.microsoft.com&...

Creating and pasting using VB
I need to create an email and paste a current selection in microsoft excel using visual basic. I have just started to work on this so I don't know what all I have to include. If I need mapi add-ins or anything else added please let me know. I already have the sub routines set to copy the data that I need out of excel but now I need to email this data automattically. Any help would be very helpful. Thanks, Matt ...

Use Your Brain
All, Here is an example of what extreme boredom can do to a person. Excel 2002 / Window XP :D Have fun. Attachment filename: use your brain.zip Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=386422 --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Ken, Very cute. You must have a lot of free time on your hands. John "Pyball" <Pyball.ynt5z@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message news:Pyball.ynt5z@excelforum-nospam.com... > All, > > Here is an example of what extreme boredom can do to a person. > > Excel 2002 ...

Can Entourage be used to access Google Groups
I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on Entourage or Mac Mail? Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something everyone except me knows. Thanks, Michael Plog On 1/31/10 3:25 PM, Michael Plog wrote: > I am in the process of switching from PC to Mac. In Entourage, I see this > news server. Can I get some of my newsgroups in Google Groups to show on > Entourage or Mac Mail? > > Responses off group will be welcome if I have asked something e...

Publish A Workbook Onto The Web, Then Access Using My Web Browser.
How do I access my spreadsheet, or workbook, on the web once I've saved it as a webpage from the file menu? I've found that even though I've save my workbook as a webpage, it does not have an http:// address which I can type in my web browser to access the workbook from my home computer or from a remote computer. Should I have to sign up with an http:// service provider or can this all be done from using Microsoft Office XP without going through a third-party? -- sigmad You have to have a website first of all, otherwise, where do you want to host this page? "sigmad&q...

Help to call Help !!
Hi, I craeted a .CHM help file, and when I call it from VBA using Application.Help "C:\MyHelp.chm", 5002 The window title of my Help file is replaced by "Microsoft Excel Help" and in the index tab I have Excel Help. But in the Contents tab I still have my Topics. Any help is appreciated. Thank you Benamar ...