Using a custom form kills forward/reply arrows in the inbox?

Hi,
I installed a custom email form in Outlook 2000 and the "Forward"
and "Reply" arrows on mails in the inbox disappeared.

The arrows reappear on new mails when I swap the default back to
IPM.Note but as I really have to use this custom form the absence of
the Forward/Reply indicators is a pain.

Has anybody come across this issue before?

Is there a method to turn these "flags" back on or do I have to dig
into the code in the custom form?

The custom form is just a modied IPM.Note that provides access to a COM
plugin.

Thanks!

Fin

0
tom431 (2)

Known issue, dating back to Outlook 97. No known workaround.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

"fin" <tom@tf77.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I installed a custom email form in Outlook 2000 and the "Forward"
> and "Reply" arrows on mails in the inbox disappeared.
>
> The arrows reappear on new mails when I swap the default back to
> IPM.Note but as I really have to use this custom form the absence of
> the Forward/Reply indicators is a pain.
>
> Has anybody come across this issue before?
>
> Is there a method to turn these "flags" back on or do I have to dig
> into the code in the custom form?
>
> The custom form is just a modied IPM.Note that provides access to a COM
> plugin.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Fin

0
suemvp (4038)
12/8/2004 4:38:25 PM
Hi Sue,
Thanks very much for the quick response.
I guess I'll just have to get used to it.

Thanks again

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
> Known issue, dating back to Outlook 97. No known workaround.
>
> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> Author of
>      Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
>      Administrators, Power Users, and Developers
>      http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx
>

> "fin" <tom@tf77.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> > I installed a custom email form in Outlook 2000 and the "Forward"
> > and "Reply" arrows on mails in the inbox disappeared.
> >
> > The arrows reappear on new mails when I swap the default back to
> > IPM.Note but as I really have to use this custom form the absence
of
> > the Forward/Reply indicators is a pain.
> >
> > Has anybody come across this issue before?
> >
> > Is there a method to turn these "flags" back on or do I have to dig
> > into the code in the custom form?
> >
> > The custom form is just a modied IPM.Note that provides access to a
COM
> > plugin.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >
> > Fin

0
tom431 (2)

customizing quote merge template

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Inbox send/receive syncronizing

Customizing AdvisorFYI
I have an account for some stock options in a privately-owned company. Approximately monthly, AdvisorFYI keeps telling me, "It's time to update your investment prices in Money." There isn't a price update that often. Is there a way to turn this message off without turning of the other useful AdvisorFYI Investment warnings? ...

Using mouse wheel in VB editor

Word2007. Checkbox. No Form

forward to: field
Hi Everyone, im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of the delivery options is stored. Thank you in advance kind regards marc -- Using M2, Opera's revolutionary e-mail client: http://www.opera.com/m2/ Its in the altRecipient attribute. -- Mark Fugatt Exchange MVP http://www.exchangetrainer.com http://www.msexchange.org "Marc Wenger" <haga(at).iesg--nspm-noa9h.gmx.ch> wrote in message news:opr64hs7z6fyi4rt@news.microsoft.com... > Hi Everyone, > > im looking for the AD attribute in which the 'forward to:' field of ...

Auto-Forward of Meeting Responses
We are running Exchange 2000 / Outlook 2003. After staff realignment, we have an assistant who no longer reports to a manager. The manager has removed the assistant from her calendar shared list. Now when the manager sends a meeting request to various attendees, the assistant is not notified in any way. However when anyone invited to the meeting responds with an acceptance or rejection to attend the meeting, the assistant receives a copy of that response. I've looked in the manager's and assistant's rules and alerts and calendar settings, however I cannot find any setting ...

Do not reply to delivery receipts
I need to block delivery receipts. We already know how to do read receipts. It appears it's not that easy when you have Outlook 2003 clients and Exchange 2003 Ent SP1. Any suggestions out there? Thanks for the help. -pepe ...

Non-VBA way of making custom menus.

Input to custom reports

Unable to sort on customer CRM 4.0

Forwarded messages are not being sent

Customer check data

Outlook Rule to Forward with Secure Delivery
I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure delivery. Can you please tell me how to do this? Thank you Chris ChrisH <ChrisH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I need to automatically forward messages to an outside vendor with > secure delivery. I'd like to set up a rule to do this for me, but > I'm not finding away to be able to forward the message using secure > delivery. Can you please tell me...

Replying to an Outlook e-mail

Use exchange from a trusted domain

How Use ShellExecute with a CMemFile