User Name prompts

Hi,

I am using Microsoft Outlook 2002 and have a two word
username separated by a space. I have been having this
problem with Outlook wherein I have entered my username
and password in the account setup process, but it still
prompts me for it whenever it is checking for new
messages. Also, when it prompts, it shows the username
without the space. Does Outlook not accept usernames with
space, because I tried changing the original settings
many times, but every time I open the Edit window of
email accounts, I see my user name without space.

user define message error! #2
Hi! I created a SDI app and I want to show a dialog after creating SDI, therefore I defined an user define message #define WMU_STARTUP (WM_APP+10) and call it from CSDIView::OnInitUpdate() with PostMessage(WM_STARTUP). In debug version it work correctly but in release version it generates an Application Error after close the program. what's the problem? Thankx ...

how would i change default user name all excel files
I am doing a learn direct course and had to use the help facility with question; Find out how you would change the default user name for all excel files. If somebody could help please email me on georginacambridg@aol.com Tools|Options|General Tab and modify the "user name" box learner wrote: > > I am doing a learn direct course and had to use the help facility with > question; > Find out how you would change the default user name for all excel files. > If somebody could help please email me on georginacambridg@aol.com -- Dave Peterson ...

Matching Names
Hi, I have a spreadsheet that contains a long list of staff names with data as follows: A B C Month Employee Name Monthly Salary From this list I want to create another 11 lists of monthly joiners and same for monthly leaversas follows: Monthly Joiners Lists: February Joiners March Joiners Employee Name Monthly Salary Employee Name Monthly Salary Under Employee Name I need a formulae that picks staff appear in February for the first time, and same applies for March, April, etc. Month...

Users and access in CRM
Hi, My problem seems to be very easy, but I don't know how to solve it. So, I am making a migration from a custom Database to a CRM database.And I have this small issue: When I add a record in AccountBase table, I have to add 'OwningUser' and 'CreatedBy' . I want all users who are using the system to be able to see the records. I tried to create a System User, but I couldn't manage to set his access and configure the settings properly and nobody was abale to see the records. Have you any idaes how(where) to set the access of the system user (to let all the users se...

User defined charts #2
Morning All Have set up a user defined chart - to chart a target percentage Bar 100% with another bar next to it with the performance target acheived eg 80%. In the user defined chart the Target percentage is the first bar and coloured blue and the performance percentage is red and the second bar. When I chart the next months data the above bars are reversed and the colours are swapped over; this means I have to go in and change the formatting over each time I create the chart using this user defined template. Would appreciate any ideas as to what I am doing wrong / right, TIA Ajay ...

how to print reference label name in excel for comments?
I have chosen to print comments at the bottom of my spreadsheet the problems is it only gives the cell reference number. If I am looking at a printed version I would not know what cell it is refering to. I then labeled (reference) each cell but it still does not print out the name of the cell. How can I print out the label name oppose to $b$3$? Go to Print, Page Setup, Sheet, and select (under print), row and column headings. This will print out the headings just as you see them on your monitor. HTH Carole O "Needhelp" wrote: > I have chosen to print comments at the ...

MapiSend
Do you know if MapiSend exists for Exchange 2003? If so, how do I get it. If not, is there another option for e-mailing an attachment via command prompt? Thanks. Does mapisend care about the Exchange version? On Thu, 18 Nov 2004 06:19:02 -0800, "elang" <elang@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Do you know if MapiSend exists for Exchange 2003? If so, how do I get it. >If not, is there another option for e-mailing an attachment via command >prompt? > >Thanks. ...

Can I set up AutoComplete not to forget names for 30 days?
Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email addresses for a few days only. Can we extend the time? Thx Autocomplete does not "forget" names. The autocomplete cache stores up to 1000 names. What version of Outlook are you using? "MagicMusic9" <MagicMusic9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8657EEE7-74B2-4E3B-8DB8-5037F739E7F3@microsoft.com... > Outlook's "AutoComplete" for cc, bcc etc... seem to remember email > addresses > for a few days only. Can we extend the time? > > Thx > ...

Chart.Name lives forever?
At the beginning of the code I blow away any chart objects I find with Dim co As ChartObject For Each co In mySheet.ChartObjects co.Delete Next And for good measure (this is probably all you have to do) mySheet.ChartObjects.Delete Afterwards, Chart.ChartObjects.Count is == 0 Later, I review the charts on the sheet with For Each co In ws.ChartObjects sTitle = co.Chart.Name MsgBox ("has the name " & sTitle) Next Only one chart is found, but it's name is incrementing. This leads me to believe that I really didn't b...

Dynamic Name Ranges in data validation
When I make a dynamic name range (with OFFSET) and use this in a data validation list, no error message appears when I manually type in data in the data validation cell. I don't have this problem with normal name ranges. Is there a way to solve this? Hans Hi Hans normally this should work. Can you post your name formula -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Hans wrote: > When I make a dynamic name range (with OFFSET) and use > this in a data validation list, no error message appears > when I manually type in data in the data validation cell. > I don't have thi...

How do I get the extended file name of a file including server?
Using XP. I want to send file locations or shortcuts in an email rather than the actual file. How do I obtain the full extended file name including the server name and not just "G:" etc. so that other people in my workgroup can click on the file name and access the file immediately. If I understand correctly, you want to insert a link to a file rather than attach the file? This is assuming that the file is located somewhere that everyone can access it? (for example not in a home drive that only you have permission to) -- Kathleen Orland Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tip...

Security prompt also
I have Verizon ISP Have Windows Vista w/ sevice pack 2. Windows mail is asking for ID and password, so I tried, SORRY. Now won't work properly, can't receive or send mail. I am trying to get my info on Acct. cuz forgot it (password). Please bare with me as I am trying to fix this. I would like to cancel Windows Mail and use Windows Live instead. I did try to add the Hotmail address to WM but it wouldn't let me. This problem did happen all of a sudden. I've been using WM since '08 and never any issues til now (prompt). Thank you for your time and any suggestions. ...

Logging onto a users mail box after being disabled?
We had to disable a users account for several hours in active directory. We then re-enabled the account but now we are having problems connecting to the users mail box useing the users logon credentials. We have tried changing the password to no avail even though we can logon to the domain just fine. Is this a syncing problem between the domain controllers and exchange being to long?? The only other caveat is that we are running a full exchange backup at the moment as were are trying to do this. We are running windows 2003 and exchange 2003 Any help would be greatly appreciated! ...

User enters number and 3 zeros are added at end of number
Hi all, I've done some vba programing and created a few Spreasheets and workbooks but this one eludes me. I'm trying to get Excel to take a user enter number for example 15 and automatically make it 15,000. Does anyone have an idea of how to acomplish this? I have to save the user some data entry work. Rui How about using a worksheet_change event in the sheet module and multiply the target *1000? -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "Township of East Hanover" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:IJudnd4fBbxOkWHdRVn-hA@garden.net... > Hi a...

If XY is age/income to persons, how show names i.e by pointing?
If, in a scatter chart, each combination of X and Y has a name i.e. each XY is age/income to persons. It would be easier to read the chart if you could see the persons name by pointing at a XY-combination in the chart. How? You could add a label to every point. Use something like Rob Bovey's XY Chartlabeler (www.appspro.com) or John Walkenbach's Chart Tools (www.j- walk.com). You could then use an add-in to shrink/highlight the labels: Hover Chart Label http://www.tushar-mehta.com/excel/software/chart_hover_label/index.html -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, ...

User Class security should roll down changes only
The Class ID in security should work like all other Classes in Great Plains and roll down changes only not overwrite the user settings ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/defaul...

Retrieving a file name quickly
In VC 6++ MFC, how do I quickly retreive the first file name (sorted ascending) from a directory? Should I be using CFileFind to get a list of file names from a directory and then sort the list? This doesn't seem to be efficent since I'm looking for one file name. >In VC 6++ MFC, how do I quickly retreive the first file name (sorted >ascending) from a directory? > >Should I be using CFileFind to get a list of file names from a directory and >then sort the list? This doesn't seem to be efficent since I'm looking for >one file name. Charles, That'...

What if I want to re-download the mails I have deleted on user end
maybe it is a question about sync. how to sync with the server as if it was the first time I open WLM? Hi, Hollan. Are you using Hotmail? Or is this a POP3 email account? Or Yahoo or Gmail or ... ? POP3 is the only one that I'm familiar with. WLMail is set, by default, to "Leave a copy of messages on server". You can change this setting at Tools | Accounts | <your account> | Properties | Advanced. But, if you are using POP3 and if you have left the messages on the server, you can re-download them from there into WLMail. If that is not what you are...

connect .OST file to user profile with new Exchange server
Hi, We're migrating from 5.5 to 2003 and the mail is NOT migrating on the server side; we have been told we must use .OST files to merge the mail (don't ask!). I have zero control over this migration, except for on the workstation side. We're trying to preserve existing user profiles, convert them to the new Exchange servers (with new servernames). We have to use Cached Exchange Mode prior to and immediately after the migration to "migrate" user mail. I know this is a horrible way to migrate mail, please don't get me started on that. When I use the CMW to upd...

Formula name
Hello, For the life of me, I can't figure out how to copy/paste a formula into the Name>Define>Refers To box. I've used named formulas many times but just typed the formula in. This formula is very long and complex and I just don't feel like typing it into the Refers To box. Can someone 'guide' me through this please? It's got to be simple but I'm overlooking something. TIA Sandy Sandy, copy the formula and use Ctrl v to put it in the refers to box -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Using Excel 2000 & 97 Please post a...

Mail Merge using Named Range in Excel
Having trouble completing a mail merge in Word using an Excel spreadsheet. In the spreadsheet there are named ranges, I have included the column headings by defining the range that is non-contiguous (not next to each other). When I go to complete the merge, the range will not show up as an option to use. If I re-define the range to not include the column headings and the range is a block of cells next to each other, the merge still doesn't work correctly, it assumes the merge assumes the row above the range is the column heading row (i.e. range is A16:J101, it uses row 17 as the column ...

After increase mailbox limits size user still can't sent and recieved mail.
After increase mailbox limits size user still can't sent and recieved mail. I try to use gpupdate command but don't work. My exchange 2003 server run on member server that has only one AD in my domain. How can I force it to update now after I change the configuration of exchange server? Best Regards, Mesak Restart the IS, or wait a couple of hours or : http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;%5bLN%5d;327378 On Wed, 1 Sep 2004 00:17:18 -0700, "Mesak" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >After increase mailbox limits size user still can&#...

Exchange 2003: One user has found booked meeting room appointments cancelled in meeting room calendar but not his own
We run an Exchange 2003 system with Outlook 2002 and 2003. One user has complained that 3 meetings (on 3 seperate days and in 2 seperate meeting rooms) have been cancelled in the meeting room's own calendar, and others have been able to subsequently book meetings over the top. Interestingly the meeting in his own calendar do not appear as cancelled, but when I opened them up the meeting room itself was not listed (as either an invitee or a resource). I can think of 3 scenarios: 1) There is a problem with Exchange \ the mailbox for the meeting rooms - this seems unlikely though as the same...

Auto setup user with settings
Is there a way to configure outlook 2003 that connects to an exchange 2003 server so that anytime I create a new user on the terminal server.I would like it not prompt to prompt for all the user settings every time. I would like it to take all the defualt settings. Also I would like to set this up with out a reinstall Have you looked at the Office Resource Kit for assistance? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without rea...

user / mailbox sessions
Does anybody know how to force a session-logon to end between the client and the Exchange 2003 server ? I have a problem that when i go to "logons" folder for a particular database, 1 user is logged on 30 times and the exchange server will not allow him to connect again. Any ideas? Chris ...