User Name and Password #3

Have Outllook 2000. Attempting to add second email name to outlook. Getting
error message when trying to send/receive new emails. Content of error
message is server will not accept user name and password. Dialog box
requesting user name and password appears I fill in information but continue
to get error.
0
LB9590 (7)

Define "second email name" - there is no such thing.  Are you trying to =
add an account?  A user profile? And please post the exact error message =
you get from your ISP as the paraphrasing does nothing to assist with =
troubleshooting.

--=20
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Mike LB asked:

| Have Outllook 2000. Attempting to add second email name to outlook.
| Getting error message when trying to send/receive new emails. Content
| of error message is server will not accept user name and password.
| Dialog box requesting user name and password appears I fill in
| information but continue to get error.

1 Outlook 2007 user email delivery is delayed
I have one user of 30, whose email delivery is delayed. The delay can be 2 minutes to 5 or 6. She stated that hitting the send/receive usually delivers all the mail, but she was not sure if it worked all the time. Her email delivery used to be immediate when on the network. This user is on a laptop, hard wired to the network. Outlook is setup in Cache Mode Mailbox size is 1gb My other Outlook 2007 users are configured the same way but do not have the delay in delivery. Any advice? "Joseph" <Joseph@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C132BB7F...

Set all users to cache mode?
We are using Exchange 2003 SP2, our users are 80% Outlook 2003 and the rest are 2000. How can we get all the 2003 users to use the cached mode in one "hit"? can a group policy do it? On Sat, 4 Feb 2006 12:24:02 -0800, "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are using Exchange 2003 SP2, our users are 80% Outlook 2003 and the rest >are 2000. How can we get all the 2003 users to use the cached mode in one >"hit"? can a group policy do it? Deploy with the Custom Install Wizard using the office resource kit. http://office.microsoft.co...

Business portal 3.0 with Great Plains 8.0
Can the new business portal 3.0 work with Great Plains 8.0? Per the "Dear Customer" letter, and I quote, "Microsoft Great Plains 8.0 does not support Microsoft Business Portal 3.0". Regards, Ling "Jack Tundra" wrote: > Can the new business portal 3.0 work with Great Plains 8.0? > > > Microsoft may not support Business Portal 3.0 with Great Plains 8.0 but has anyone tried getting it to work? "Linguinut" <Linguinut@newsgroups.nospam> wrote in message news:0863F6B8-40B1-455C-AB90-2BEC30CDD593@microsoft.com... > Per the...

Removing Blank Cells #3
I would like to know if there is a way to remove the blank columns and rows from a worksheet. There really is no need for this many blank rows in the workpaper I am working on and I assume it contributes to the overall size of the spreadsheet. Thanks in advance. Hi you can't remove them (you can hide them if you like9. Also they do not add up to the size of your worksheet 8at least as long as your used range is correct) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Jeff Mortenson wrote: > I would like to know if there is a way to remove the blank > columns and rows from a works...

shared sa password
Hi all, My client is using Microsoft Great Plains v8. They have 4 people that knows the sa pasword, the password is never changed and 3 of them has system maintenance access. just wondering, i'm pretty sure there can be a security issue there. i dont know much about microsoft great plains, but could you share a quick thought of what can go wrong when the above happens.. btw, they are all working in finance. Cheers, Thano. Having the 'sa' password would enable them to perform actions using Query Analyzer, Enterprise Manager, and other SQL tools if they were able to gai...

"a document with the name" error on opening file
I'm getting an error message that says "A documents with the name " & filename & " is already open" (where filename is the actual name of the file) when I try to open certain files in Excel 97, when I don't really have a copy of the file in question opens. This error comes up pretty consistantly on one file that lives on a server, but I also get it when I try to open some local files. Anyone have any idea what would cause this & how to fix it? Thanks in advance. Best Jim Hi Jim have a look at: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#AlreadyOpen ...

excel formula problem #3
i want to set up a system that counts a series of dates but only say how many cells are filled, i can get this to work generally but section needs to count 3 seperate dates but only add on any one of the (eg) cell A counts the number of dates in cells B-Z but with cells D,E, i dont want all to count, only one of the three even if all are filled but it must count if any of the three are filled hope this makes sens -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi try: =COUNT(B1:C1,G1:Z1)+(COUNT(D1:F1)>0) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > i want to set up a system that c...

Cant see mail properties on users
Just got EX2007 installed. When I create a new mailbox for an existing user I do not see the the exchange tabs when I open the users properties. Did I do something wrong? Thanks. On Fri, 2 Feb 2007 12:52:01 -0800, D303M <D303M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Just got EX2007 installed. When I create a new mailbox for an existing user I >do not see the the exchange tabs when I open the users properties. Did I do >something wrong? > >Thanks. You mean in ADUC? Use the EMC to view that info instead. ...

using Outlook on local machine with domain user account
I have a small network running with w2k domain. Client computers run under w2k pro and have Office 2000 installed. * When I log on locally (with administrative privileges) Outlook works fine. * When I log on to the domain (using any domain user account) Outlook does not start. * When I add a domain user account to local administrators group and log on to the domain Outlook works fine. How to make Outlook working when domain user account is used (without administrative privileges on local machine) or I must use an account that has administrative privileges on local machine to run Outlook? ...

Outlook email password always requested
I use MS Outlook 2002 SP3 in Vista. The email password is asked for every time. Is there a fix for this? James A known issue - see http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/vista.htm --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, James Truelove asked: | I use MS Outlook 2002 SP3 in Vista. The email password is asked for | every time. Is there a fix for this? | James "Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <What@ever> wr...

Excel Worksheet menu bars customizing for limiting users to optio.
Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options provided in that menu Hi Jim Look also at the links to MS pages on the bottom of this page http://www.rondebruin.com/menuid.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "jim" <jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F8009001-5F5A-4415-9527-34C71D8DF1DB@microsoft.com... > Customizing Excel worksheet menu bar for limiting users to the options > provided in that menu ...

Why would the same chart appear different to two users?
I created a chart in 2007 Excel which looks fine. I sent the file to a co-worker and when she opens it the chart has all of the data pushed into the left half of the chart with the right side blank. Chart is using a primary and secondard vertical axis. I can provide screenshots of what I see and what she sees if that helps. ...

Auto reply for every user
For example,during Chiese new year.We want setup on the server(win2k svr+exchange2k) when the server receive a email ,the server will reply a message about our holiday.Not set it to a single user.It to every user.Can someone help me to do this and give me the detail steps? Hup wrote: > For example,during Chiese new year.We want setup on the server(win2k > svr+exchange2k) when the server receive a email ,the server will > reply a message about our holiday.Not set it to a single user.It to > every user.Can someone help me to do this and give me the detail > steps? You'd pr...

Remote options to CRM 3.0
What are my options to let end users access CRM 3.0 off our regular network? Web Page - Webpage must be SSL, in order to encrypted the data Offline Outlook client Mobile Device Option VPN Thanks, Eric Sabo May also consider Terminal Service/Critix Client. Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP Workopia, Inc. http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Sabo, Eric" wrote: > What are my options to let end users access CRM 3.0 off our regular network? > > Web Page - Webpage must be SSL, in order to encrypted the data > Offline Outlook client > M...

Reporting Error #3
Hi, When running CRM 4.0 reports I receive the following error in Windows Events : Web service request ListExtensions to Report Server http://ucserv:8085/reportserver/ReportService2005.asmx failed. Error: La demande a =E9chou=E9 avec l'=E9tat HTTP 404 : Not Found. thanks for your ideas. Bernard ...

ActiveSync 3.7 doesn't stay up to date with Outlook 2003
I just recently upgraded to Outlook 2003 (from XP) and I've found that my Pocket PC won't stay current with emails while it's connected to my PC in the cradle. I've noticed the problem when I delete emails from my inbox on the PC or I move emails to a folder on the PC. I would expect ActiveSync to fire up and update the Pocket PC but it doesn't seem to recognize that anything has changed. However, if I disconnect the Pocket PC from the cradle and reconnect it seems to recognize the differences and get itself up to date. Has anyone seen this problem? Any ideas o...

Getting the "name=" (bit, picklist) value that is returned from SOAP
Hi all, I am getting several fields via a Web service request in javascript in an OnChange event to poulate other field on a case. One of those fields is a bit, and one is a picklist. Those nodes in the response come back with <attribute="new_active" name="true">1</attribute> for the bit field and <attribute="status" name="On Hold">3</attribute> How can I read the name value? I've tried selectSingleNode("//status").name with no luck. Thanks! I am doing a similar process, using a SOAP response message. I ge...

How do I reissue a KMS certificate to a user in Exchange
Hi All, I need to know how to reissue a key management service (KMS) certificate to a user.How do we go about this please. Thanks . -- Buchi ...

Best way to save user level Control history?
I am creating a large complex C# WinForm app under VS2008. I have several custom controls where I need to save the history of user entries. For example a search text entry box where I save the last 20 entries on a per user basis. I had originally, thought that creating a .settings file for this purpose would be the way to go. But, lists are difficult to work with programmatically as Property settings. What I have done is saved the history into a System.Collections.Specialized.StringCollection object and then write or read them to a disk folder with a BinaryFormatter.Serialize() ...

Password Protecting Folders.
My pc will be going in for repairs shortly. I'd like to protect some of my folders. Can folders be individually password protected under Vista? Thanks "species8350" <not_here.5.species8350@xoxy.net> wrote in message news:7769caff-d403-44b2-b68a-980e962a05ff@j27g2000yqn.googlegroups.com: > My pc will be going in for repairs shortly. > > I'd like to protect some of my folders. Can folders be individually > password protected under Vista? Not directly. Even if they could be, any good repair technician worth his salt could figure out how t...

Microsoft Outlook Web access #3
I use this to pull office emails at home. Up until Tuesday, this worked fine. Wednesday I was unable to get any new mail(said nothing to view) even though Wednesday is the one day I know there will be early morning mail as it it the day I get a newsletter. I had downloaded something on my office computer on Tuesday, so I uninstalled. When I got home, same thing . This time the response was a error symbol in lower left. Since I have Windows XP, I did a restore to Monday. Still nothing. I am still getting nothing to view or the error symbol with no additional information. Any ...

Naming Custom Animations
I would like to propose Microsoft to add editable naming fields for custom animations. It would save a massive amount of time for not only a designer but for anyone else on a design team who has to edit another designer's work. Instead of saying: TEXT BOX 1, or RECTANGLE 4, or GROUP 32, a designer could add, for example: ABC LOGO, XYZ LOGO, CIRCLE FROM LEFT, CIRCLE FROM RIGHT, or whatever is appropriate. If a designer could add their own relevant name, at a later date anyone would be able to go directly to the specific animation rather than search by clicking and testi...

Change Office Language by User
I think I've read enough in these pages to know that it's not possible to get Office to work in more than one language for a single User (I mean menu commands, dialogs, etc. -- not talking about dictionaries, puntuation, etc.). But does anyone know whether or not Office can be configured in two different languages on the same Mac (Mac mini, 10.4, pre-Intel), one different language for each of two different Users? When my Mac starts up, I have two Users set up, one for me in English, one for my mother-in-law in French. The OS is perfectly comfortable switching back and forth between la...

lost data....lost person! #3
I'll try to keep it simple....I have Windows XP Home Edition...and The Office 2000 suite....I was useing the Excel 2000 program and forgot to save the data, however, I DID NOT close the program. The data I had put in was gone when I went back to do some more entries and save and close the workbook. When I tried undo in the edit menu it said that I Couldn't undo and only after switching from sheet to sheet did it finally show that I could do one undo but it was on a seperate sheet than the one that I had showing when the option was available and I believe that it was informat...

unable to send email #3
HELPPPPPPP ! I keep getting this message....and email is returned (unless) the email address is posted in my contacts list....How do I get rid of this ??? sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcpthosts You probably need to turn on authentication to your outgoing server. You can do so on the "Outgoing Server" tab for your mail account. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. *** In news:002601c3daca$8a5f0d80$a501280a@phx.gbl, Juan Caicedo ...