User Defined Field in Inbox?

All,

Can someone point me in the right direction for help on user defined fields
in a mail folder in outlook?

Basically, i would like to create a field into which i put the relevant
project number, and then when i want to i can sort by project number.

Is this possible?

Kirstie

0
kirstiea (22)

See the custom forms information at www.outlookcode.com for help with this.

Programming questions should be posted to a programming group, such as
microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms, you're likely to get a better and
quicker answer there where the developers hang out.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007
http://www.slovaktech.com/products.htm

"Kirstie Adam" <kirstiea@ecosse.net(nospam)> wrote in message
> All,
>
> Can someone point me in the right direction for help on user defined
> fields in a mail folder in outlook?
>
> Basically, i would like to create a field into which i put the relevant
> project number, and then when i want to i can sort by project number.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Kirstie

0
kenslovak (742)

Concatenate Text Fields to Date Field
I have three (3) columns in a table which represent the month, day, and year. The values in these columns are 04 (month) 21 (day) 2010 (year). I want to insert these thre values into another table where the field in the record is a Date/Time type. Here's the SQL statement (in part): INSERT INTO ....... SELECT [tblTable].[fMonth] & "/" & [tblTable].[fDay] & "/" & [tblTable].[fYear] AS fDate I get an error about this "append" that complains about "... set 1 fields(s) to Null due to type conversion failure, and it didn't a...

Restrict Non-External mail users
We are in the process of moving mailboxes from Ex 5.5 to Ex 2003. We were told that there is no way to disable specific users from receiving external email, that every user must have the smtp record but that makes no sense. We have about 20 users that do not need exteranl mail as a part of their job function OR they have abused their privilgese in the past. With 5.5 we simply deleted the smtp record but with 2k3 smtp is required. Surely there is a way to disable this function. Do you use ISA 2000? "COB" <COB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A910483F-C...

Inbox doesn't get new messages
The last message I have in my inbox is from Dec 15, 2009. I can't get any new messages to it, any suggestions? I have done a send/receive command several times, restarted outlook, and not changed any settings since the last messages.. Thanks! Sassa Oz wrote: > The last message I have in my inbox is from Dec 15, 2009. I can't get any > new messages to it, any suggestions? I have done a send/receive command > several times, restarted outlook, and not changed any settings since the last > messages.. What type of mail server? What version of Outlook? --...

Creating Mailboxes works for some users, not for others
Ok, now I'm all confused. I have setup Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. I created my own Exchange mailbox by right clicking my username in the management console, then going to exchange tasks, create mailbox. Which worked fine. I can log in through Outlook 2003 (with Exchange server info entered in Mail under Control Panel) and through OWA. I have setup another user, which worked fine. At this point, any user setup in the exact same method beyond the second one doesn't work. Help? Any ideas appreciated... "Ken Montgomery" wrote: > Ok, now I...

pivot table
i have a pivot table that calculates resource availability. each resource may work on multiple projects, and each of these projects require a certain number of hours. the grouping is by person, by project. for each person, i need to show hours allocated toward each project (detail) and then total number of hours allocated (subtotal). i also need to show a calculated field of % hours available (subtotal only) for each person. John project 1 30 hours (detail) project 2 15 hours (detail) Sum of hours 45 hours (subtotal) Caculated field (1-sum(hours)/40) (s...

Inbox always full
Inbox is always full. I have deleted from sent & deleted items. On the Exchange server it says that I have over 1500 items in my email. You have the property - "Leave a copy of message on server" on. Go to tools-accounts-select mail account-property-advanced, and uncheck the "leave.... " checkbox. On theother hand, you can select to delete after n days from server. This is useful if you are accessing your emails from more than one machine. -Anne "Lorna" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:620401c42e12$b4b4e6e0$a301280a@phx...

Field level security not working
Hi everyone, I have setup two field level securities: (1) Unit price column for the scroll section of the Invoice Entry window (1) Extended price column for the scroll section of the Invoice Entry window The action on the security is "Hide". I have applied this to two different users (one of them is sa) on my test company DB but its not working and i can still look and edit the two columns. I have tried re-logging into the system with both user ids but no success. what could be wrong/missing in this setup ? Thanks in advance Regards Ashfaq Ali Field Level Security works by r...

User can't send an email to himself
Hello everyone, A user in my office has a strange problem. He cannot send an email to himself, nor does he get any emails sent to the "All Employees" group on our exchange server even though he is a member. The email gets sent ok, it is in his sent items folder, but he never gets it. He doesn't have any rules setup. I don't see the email in the queue on the server, I'm stumped. Any suggestions? We're running Office XP sp2 on an Exchange 5.5 sp4 server. Thanks! ...

how do i turn off having to accept end user agreement each time us
each time i send an email with an attachment I have to accept the terms of agreement. how do i turn this off? Mary @ Flags Flying;143568 Wrote: > each time i send an email with an attachment I have to accept the terms > of > agreement. how do i turn this off? Start outlook using Run as administrator and accept the agreement. http://www.slipstick.com/problems/accept_eula.asp -- Slipstick 'Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center' (http://www.slipstick.com) 'Outlook Tips' (http://www.outlook-tips.net/) -- http://forums.slipstick.com Yo...

updating fields in a form to match a specific record
I hope someone can help. I am creating a database wherein I have several different meeting types. Each meeting has it's own agenda wherein each agenda item (different table) is listed as item 1, item 1 name; item 2, item two name; etc. on continuous subforms for each meeting record. My supervisor requested it this way so that if we choose to rearrange or duplicate agenda items for different meetings, we would have that option; however, this has posed a problem in that for every meeting, each agenda item has to be selected all over again. Therefore, I am trying to write an update q...

Linking forms fields in Word
I remember in previous verious of Word you could copy and paste a form field and link them. Does anyone know how to do this in 2007? If you are looking for a way to repeat the data from a form field, see item 2 "On Line Form" in the article at http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Repeating_Data.htm. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "GettingUseToIt" <GettingUseToIt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A870B400-6256-41C0-A4FC-882F1860896A@microsoft.com... >I remember in previous verious of Word you could copy and paste a form >field &...

2 users receive the same e-mail
Hi all ! I just have a "small" problem. I have 250 users in my org. Periodically, one of these users receive an automatic e-mail from one of our customers. What is strange is that another user receives this e-mail too but he isn't present in any field (to, cc, bcc). If I have a look at the logs in System Manager, I can see that this e-mail is sent to User1 but not to User2. In Outlook on the User1 PC there's no rule. I asked my provider and he tell me the same, just one mail is sent to User1. One more thing, this kind of e-mail is sent everyday to User1 but User2 doesn&...

linking fields to appear in two difference documents
does anyone know an "easy" way to link FIELDS set up in one Word document to appear in another Word document. Both documents are a mix of text, some tables and some Form stuff like drop down tables etc. INCLUDETEXT fields provide an easy way to insert contents from one document into another. See http://word.mvps.org/faqs/tblsfldsfms/includetextfields.htm which may not be updated for Word 2007 (in Word 2007, you can access the Insert File dialog box via Insert tab | Object | Text from File). Note, however, that a protected form will no longer be protected if you in...

Overwriting custom fields in MS Project 2007
If I create resource custom fields in a project plan, that is only relevant to that specific project, how do I prevent the info from being overwritten - for enterprise resources - when I publish the plan to the PWA & then reopen it? Thanx Tracey Tracey -- Because of the way Microsoft has designed Project Server 2007, project managers are not allowed to specify ANY information about enterprise resources, even if you use a local Resource field to specify the information. Therefore, there is nothing you can do to change this and resolve your problem. Sorry. Hope this...

Deny email to non users
Much as I hate to ask, but why doesn't someone at Microsoft build a patch so Exchange 5.5 can refuse email to non users like most mail software. Flood of non user mail in outbound queue is getting a little out of hand. I don't think that would be so hard for them to do. Give us one last fix.. If we all would monitor our users traffic their would probably be less spam on the net from these damn worms. Thanks Tom flustered ISP Microsoft has included this feature in Exchange 2003. Craig -- Craig Philbeck a-cphil@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email dir...

Displaying all Hours between user input start and end times
hi, I need to display all the hours between what my users enter as there start and end times. Example Start: 7/13/2007 5pm End: 7/14/2007 3am I want to see 5pm, 6pm...1am, 2am, 3am in a column. Is this possible? I am familur with VBA but am stuck here. -- Thanks Vance ...

Searching Inbox or Sent msgs. in Outlook
sorry is this is a duplicate posting - couldn't tell if the first went thru. Is there a way to specify "and" logic in a search string. If I search for "New York bridge" I'll get msgs. which contain any of those 3 words, not just msgs. which contain all 3. Spencer, You can user the query builder to create an "AND" condition. Please see the following article for details. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;307922 Hope this helps. -- Greg Mansius [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers n...

User mailboxes
We have one user who is having problems with Outlook locking up his system. After doing some research he believes he has two files in his exchange server mailbox (one in his inbox and one in his sent items) that are causing the problems. He has asked that we go in and delete the two files. The problem is I don't know how to get to these to files. Can someone tell me how do to this please!!! Thanks if you have the exact subject line, you could use exmerge in archive mode to delete them...or, have you tried going into the mailbox with OWA to delete them? "Tami" <td...

Query to check a field and select fields from a table
I have 2 tables (tServers and tTimezone) with the following structure: tServers: servername city tTimezone: city time1 time2 My query need to check if [tServers].servername is like "*DOWD*" and return a field "time" populating with [tTimezone].time2. I joined both tables using city. "Rodrigo Borges" <rsborges@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:D955F76E-0CCD-4B16-8E01-B7768189A119@microsoft.com... >I have 2 tables (tServers and tTimezone) with the following structure: > > tServers: > servername > city > > tTimezone: > city >...

change cost in Field Service Management in additional charges
I would like to be able to change cost in the additional charges box after a Purchase Order is Received. Right now you can not edit the field at all. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrow...

FrontEnd OWA for special users #2
Hi, That article for some configuration in Exchange, and I couldn't make it work following these steps(how new virtual server link to real using exchange?). And My ISA no in the Domain. Could anybody show me the detail? Thanks Jeffrey >>Hi, >>I just want a special users group can through ISA connect to our Front end >>OWA over Internet. Other people only check email on BackEnd OWA in >>Intranet.So, disable OWA won't work. for Exchange 2003, how can setup this >>way. >>Thanks. >>Jeffrey >> > > > Should be able to that with ISA...

Numerical validation for list box on user form
I have a user form with 3 text boxes that inputs information onto a worksheet. What code do I need to make sure the textboxes only accept numerical entry. ie I only want a user to enter numbers, not letters ....and would I put the code inbetween this section: - Private Sub TextBox2_Change() End Sub TIA ...

how to add a textbox if user chooses yes in response to msgbox.
Hi, Request: I seek help to figure out is how to manage multiple quantities in a quote. I have a userform--userform4 with a command button--commandbutton1, with the code shown below. I'm trying to use an input box to collect the first quantity and then store it in a variable and display it in a text box. I don't understand how to loop if the user has more than one quantity. I tried to add a new textbox if the user answers yes to the msgbox, "Do you have another quantity to enter?" I don't know if it is better to calculate the price for each quantit...

Calculation on a field code
I have a field code that returns a month name, like April. I was to also display in my document just the first 3 characters of the field code, or in this case, APR. Can I do that without creating a second field code? It depends on what type of field code your field is, but let's suppose it's a REF field. Then one approach is to use a nested field like this: { QUOTE "{ REF myfield } 2010" \@MMM } (where each pair of {} are the "special field braces" that you can insert using ctrl-F9). Peter Jamieson http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk On 14/04/2010 20:...

Custom View Based on 'that' user
Hello, I would like to create a custom view on an Exchange 2000 public folder based on that user's email address. Can this be done? Thanks, Jason ...