Use of Folder List

Somebody HELP me!
I have many folders at folder list section. and use of
mail rules, mails go to a specific folder for sorting.
Problem is that unless all of the folders are seen on the
folder list section, I cannot tell if I received a mail
or not.  How can I make it that when a mail comes in to a
sub-sub-folder, main folder will become bold letters to
tell me that it is unread mail is in somewhere in the
folder family?

Please let me know.
I am using xp outlook.
My Mac Enourage does it fine.

Thank you!!!

0
anonymous (74722)

Errors with Distribution Group Wizard and link to Public Folder Ar
I'm having a problem with setting up a Distribution Group with the Public Folder. My objective is to create a number of Distribution Groups that will archive the e-mail to them to a public folder. The DG and PF are both being created, but the link between the two is not. My objective is to use the PF as the store where a team will go to view general e-mail addresses that are being sent (webmaster@mycompany.com, for example). I am using the Add Distribution Group Wizard (ADGW, Server Management\Standard Management\Distribution Groups\Add a Distribution Group) to add the DG. I am...

Exporting a List Of Addresses
I have been asked to export a list of all addresses within our network. While I am pretty sure there was a button on Exchange 5.5 to do this, I cannot seen to find a tool to enable this task in 2003. Any ideas??? Hi maybe there is an easiest way but I use dsquery or csvde to do such a things dsquery * dc=exchange,dc=edu -filter "(&(objectclass=user)(objectcategory=person))" -attr displayname proxyAddresses for domain exchange.edu and for users only Nebojsa Seslija "Griff" <Griff@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C3C86675-2A31-44BD-8AF...

Forwarding Using Mail Enabled Users
Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a mailbox? In news:eRPSivG0FHA.3408@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl, Steve Fukumoto <steve.fukumoto@necsam.com> typed: > Are there any differences forwarding mail to an external recipient > using a mail enabled user vs a mailbox enabled user forwarding to a > contact aside from the fact that the mail enabled user doesn't have a > mailbox? A mail-enabled user has an external...

Quote Product showing products not part of the Quote Price List
On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and products that are not part of that price list. What am I missing? I suspect this is by design, Bob. You might need to write a script to check if the product selected is present in the specified pricelist and display an alert, etc. HTH, Niths "Bob" wrote: > On the quote I pick a price list with 2 products on it and save it. I drill > into Quote Product and the product lookup shows me those two products and > product...

Re: preventing distribution lists from printing
I work for a large corporation and I often get outlook mail with ver long distribution lists. Is there any way to prohibit these lenght list from printing so that I only get the message? Thank - buddy ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Posted via http://www.mcse.m ----------------------------------------------------------------------- View this thread: http://www.mcse.ms/message548641.htm ...

Use the same name on multiple sheets in same workbook
I am new to Excel 2002. In prior versions I could create sheet specific names easily. With Excel 2002 every time I try to re use a name on another sheet (same workbook) the name gets moved to the new sheet. I use several workbooks (one book for sales, one for cost of goods, etc), with 12 sheets named for each month of the year. Each sheet is a duplicate of the first. As the year progresses I fill in the data at the end of each month. In the past I used the same names(Gross.Sales for example) on each sheet in the workbook. I then can build monthly summary reports using these names...

Movement of cursor within a drop down list
When we type a letter in the cell, the cursor should move to the word starting with that letter in the drop down list. How this can be done? If you are using a Data Valadation drop down try this. Sort your validation list and at the beginning of the A's enter a single A, do the same for the beginning of the B's and all the way through to the Z's. Click in the cell that has the drop down validation and type in the letter of the list you desire... say you type in an O. DO NOT hit enter... leave the cell in the edit mode (still selected) and now hit your down arrow. Should take...

Error when send email from campaign response using template through workflow
Hello, There is an invalid argument error shown in workflow records if send email from campaign response using template. Is it impossible to send email in this way ? ...

Exchange 2000 outlook 2000 folder permissions (Urgent)
We have just noticed that one of our directors calendars can be seen by all staff. We set permissions at the calendar level in outlook for people to be reviewers. We granted full mailbox access via exchange 2000 only to his secretary. Which permission on the mailbox might cause this to happen we need to turn it off immediately so that only his secretary can see the mailbox calendar -- Kath "We set permissions at the calendar level in outlook for people to be reviewers." This means they can review the calendar content. There was a bug allowing people to even see private c...

Invalid Argument Error when using 1/1/08 as a date
Hi all, Not sure if this is a known issue - can anyone else create a record that contains a date field with the value of 1/1/08 or 1/1/07, save it and then open it again without getting an "Invalid Argument" error. I am able to produce this error across different environments, different entities and different date fields. Would be interesting to hear more about this. Thanks Hi there, Just to let you know, I just created a task in CRM 4 and set the due date to 1/1/08 and it worked without any issues. This is a field displayed as a Date/Time box, on not just Date. I don...

Refreshing Lists
Hi, I have 26 different lists on one sheet. On a second sheet, I have a cell that is displaying these lists depending on a value that the user chooses. (i.e., the user types 'computers' in A1. Cell A2 reads 'computers' and displays the computers dropdown list that is listed on the second sheet.) <FYI, I am using the =indirect(a1) function in the validation list box.> Question is, say the user changes from computers to books. Without clicking on the dropdown box, the list for 'computers' is still displayed, even though A1 now displays 'books&...

Re: Public Folders permissions problem
ooops ... we're on Exchange 2003. j -- jj runnion jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu "JJ Runnion" <jjrNOSPAM@sinte.edu> wrote in message news:... > somehow we've gotten "locked out" of permissions on the calendars and > other folders in our Public Folders. > When I right-click on the calendar in Exchange Manager Admin > Group\Folders\Public Folders, a username/password box pops up and won't > take any of the admin username/passwords (domain admin, enterprise admin, > etc.). I get "the operation failed. ID no:80007005 Exchange system > M...

Use of InstallShield
Hi, I have got InstallShield with VC++, and I would like to use it to create a setup for various types of project, e.g. a game, activeX control, etc. However the project wizard only allows you to choose an .exe, and it makes you choose between 'database application', 'finance application', etc. What if my product isn't an .exe, say it's an .ocx, or what if it isn't one of these predefined types of program? I've no idea on where to start with the blank project option. I added my .ocx to the 'components' view and then tried pressing Ctrl+F5, but a...

Conditional formating using VBA
Hello I have to format cells (I4:J37) if cells (I43:J76) are: 100%-91% (green) 90%-76% (blue) 75%-50% (yellow) <50% (red) How do I write that in VBA? (I am new to VBA so any help would be appreciated) Many thanks Tracey Hi Tracey, I asume your users will enter a value in the range("I43:J76"). In that case you case use the Worksheet_change(Byval Target as Range function like so: Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) ' Check if only 1 cells value is changed If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub ' Check if changed c...

email address not updating in global list
We have a single Exchnage 2003 server. An exchnage enabled user account was created with the wrong spelling. I went to ADUC and right clicked on the object and renamed it. I then when into the properties and changed the spelling everywhere I could find it. I can manually send an email to the correct address, but When I go to Outlook 2003 and look inthe global list, the incorrect spelling is there. I made this correction over a week ago. I then went to Exchnage System Manager, and fond the Default Offline Address list and right clicked on the object and selected rebuild. But it s...

what function would I use here?
In rows 1 to 192 I have a letter in just one of the columns D,E,F,G,H,or I. I want to fill in column C so that it will have the letter that is in column D thru I. What is the function that I use? I tried =MAX(d2:i2) but that doesn't work. I suppose the MAX function is for numbers only. Is it a FIND function or something different? Thanks in advance. -- Larry Smith "In this country anyone can grow up to be President. That's the risk you take." Adlai Stevenson You could put this formula in C2 (for example): =3DD2&E2&F2&G2&H2&I2 and then c...

OWA Blocked Senders List limit
My boss is out of town using OWA to check his e-mail. He received a message and did the usual. He right clicks on the message and attempts to add the sender to the "blocked senders list". He then receives the following message, "An error occurred processing your junk e-mail lists. You are over the size limit allowed on your server. Contact your server administrator." That would be me. I'd appreciate any help here. I don't know of any limits on the junk e-mail list. I plead for a solution. Thank you, Andy ...

distribution list error
I have a computer running OL 2003 and WinXP. Whenever he tries to send to our local distribution list in the global address list, it goes to our ISP instead of through Exchange and then is returned non-deliverable. However when he sends to individuals within the global address list it works fine. No other computer has this problem, but the rest of us have OL 2000. I was going to revert that one back to 2000, but hoped there was another quick fix. Any ideas? -Dawn ...

Word 2003: Possible to Use both Forms and Tracked Changes Protect
I've not been able to figure out a way to protect a document so that one section is protected for filling in forms only, and another section is protected in tracked changes mode. I want to create better contract templates for use by our sales teams (thus the forms protection - they can only fill in the gray fields and not alter other sections of the template), while allowing our clients to made modifications to the terms in the subsequent pages. I find Word protection features very limited. Hopefully it's better in 2007. Thank you. A document can only have one type ...

Edit offline public folder
Hi, is it possible to edit a public folder with contacts when it is offline? When it's possible how will I get this? Mike If they are added to your favorites in Outlook they should be accessible. On Thu, 20 Jan 2005 06:13:02 -0800, "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >is it possible to edit a public folder with contacts when it is offline? >When it's possible how will I get this? > >Mike ...

how to make outlook go to a different folder (then inbox) when opened or tabbed
Does any one know how to make outlook point to some personal folder when it opens and when coming back from the calendar? Thanks, Reuven. Tools->Options->Other->Advanced->When starting Outlook... --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, reuven.sa@gmail.com asked: | Does any one know how to make outlook point to some personal folder | when it opens and when coming back from...

Query-Based Distribution List based on Group Membership
I need to create Query-Based distribution lists based on Group Membership. Is this possible? I can't seem to find a way to do it in AD. If the users are in a group already, can't you just mail enable it? "Leni1" <Leni1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18FEF406-AC1F-45E0-A36D-67692D74E924@microsoft.com... >I need to create Query-Based distribution lists based on Group Membership. >Is > this possible? I can't seem to find a way to do it in AD. Yes I could. But what if I want a list based on a security group? I need to create distribu...

How to change 'Address List Name' Property from a MailEnabled Public Folder?
I want to change the 'Address List Name' Property of my MailEnabled Public Folder from 'Same as folder name' to 'Use this name', but i found no Property or Method. http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2000/maintain/ex2kwsh.mspx With the attached Script i can modify SMTP Adress and Alias, but not the Address List Name Entry for the Addressbook. Who can help? ' ------------ Dim strURLOpen Dim strURLItem Dim objMailRecipient Dim objConnection Dim objRecord Dim objFolder Const adModeReadWrite = 3 Const adOpenIfExists = &H2000000 Const adCreateC...

list of files
can anyone help? I recall, when previously looking around MVPS sites, seeing something which would give a list and details of files in a specified drive and now that i want to do that i cant find it again! Can anyone remember who did this/where it was? tia mike I'll assume you aren't refering to Windows Explorer? To retrieve information in any folder, you can use something like this bit of code: With Application.FileSearch .NewSearch .LookIn = SomePath '"C:\" or "C:\MyPath\MyFolder\Etc\" .SearchSubFolders = True 'or False .Ma...

Is there a way in Exchange 2000 to export a list of all the mailboxes over a certain size?
Is there a way in Exchange 2000 to export a list of all the mailboxes over a certain size? At the moment I am just going in Exchange System Manager and then trawling through all the storage groups to check the numbers. It is kind of laborious to check the size of mailboxes and the number of messages one at a time, so was wondering if there is a way to do this automatically within Exchange, or do I need to use third party tools? Thanks, QH This is possible if you have Crystal. There is a 3rd party, will have a poke around now Yes it is possible to get a list of mailboxes over a certain s...