Use Copied Outlook PST file as default...How?

If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my
Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default.

Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from
one computer to another.
0
anonymous (74722)

Dmahanay <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my
> Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default.

Outlook version?

> Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from
> one computer to another.

I think views are registry items and not kept in the PST.
--
Brian Tillman
0

0
anonymous (74722)
5/27/2004 11:56:56 AM
dmahanay <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> My outlook version is 2002.

I'm assuming you know how to copy the PST from the desktop to the laptop.
Once it is on the laptop, make sure it is not read-only (look at the file's
properties).  Open Outlook and then open the PST with File>Open>Outlook Data
File.  Browse to the PST, select it, and click OK.  It will now appear in
your folder list.  Next, click Tools>E-mail Accounts, make sure "View or
change existing e-mail accounts" is selected and click Next.  Change the
"Deliver new e-mail to the following location" drop-down to point to the PST
you added.  Click Finish.
--
Brian Tillman

0
tillman1952 (16052)

UI Data Validation using XML Schema
Has anybody done UI data validation usinf XML Schemas. Any pointers will help. Thanks! ...

Scan Pst Log?
Does scan.pst create a log so that we can see which messages or folders caused errors? Thank you. As far as I know, not really. scanpst.exe works at a level lower than individual items. It concentrates more on the structure of the database file. Bad records and rows and tables are more or less removed, which removes the associated items these things collectively make-up. The log file generated by the tool gives info on the steps being performed, but that's about it. In a nutshell: the "bad" items are those which, after the recovery, are no longer there. http://support...

how to use the type member in System.Web.Services.Description
hi all, I want to parse the wsdl file . It is ease to parse the parts of wsdl except that the part of types. Because I don't know how to use the System.Web.Services.Description member types . I have searched the MSDN to find answer , but , it tell me very less. So I come here for help. For example, there is a types is defined as follows: - <types> - <s:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://www.webservicex.net"> - <s:element name="GetGeoIP"> - <s:complexType> - <s:sequence> <s:element minOccurs="0...

trouble with copying a cell to other cells.
Info adds +1 (so 3oo goes to 301) and in the same function, 2 stays a 2 when copied to another cell. How do I mark what changes and what doesn't? I found the info posted on a different post. by BenjieLop for Copying a formula 9/20/2004 I want to copy a formula from one cell to several others, it is a basic formula =c5*d12 when i copy and paste the formula changes..( =c6*d13 and so on...) I want the second part d12 to change but i want to anchor the first part somehow so the c5 is constant in every formula c5*d13 c5*d14 etc.. The formula =$C$5*D12 will do the trick ...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Copy Public Folders
I am trying to make a copy of some Public folders on an Exchange 5.5 server using Outlook 2000. It starts copying and stops, saying an unknown error has occurred. I am using the administrator mailbox which is the Service Administrator in Exchange. I can view, open, and make changes to the items in the Public Folders. Any ideas? "David Hurst" <11dhurst@123vecelliogroup.com> wrote in news:ur2q9bY8DHA.2952@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl: > I am trying to make a copy of some Public folders on an Exchange 5.5 > server using Outlook 2000. > It starts copying and stops, saying an...

excel file can't be opened #2

How to transpose in excel file

MBF file won't open...am I hosed???
In my previous computer I had a flaky hard drive. While it still worked I backed up all my important files to CD's and DVD's. Since I dutifully backed up my MNY file (to two locations) each time I used my Money 2001 I didn't think to copy my MNY file I merely copied the MBF files from those locations. Once, I had to use that an MBF file as my MNY file was corrupt and it worked flawlessly. I saw no reason why it shouldn't do so again. Plus I was in panic mode to get all the data possible from the dying HD. Now that I have a new computer I installed my copy of MM 2001 and wh...

Bulk Import Wizard for Leads Issue
Hi, I am trying to import Lead records using a CSV file containing around 3,000 records. I have tested with around 20 records (taken from the larger file) and it imports fine but when I select the the 3,000 record file for import the wizard gives an error message somthing like (sorry don't have exact wording) 'Source Import file is corrupt'. Are there any known issues with CSV files such as the following : 1) Special characters such as an asterix not handled 2) Email and Website type fields must all be correctly formatted? 3) File is too large Thanks for your help in adva...

Sharing Outlook #2

Outlook user profiles

Can't restor backup file, "Please insert the next backup disk.....
I have money 2005 backup file (.mbf) and my original file has gotten corrupted somehow and can't repair it (computer hung and had to be restarted). Whenever I try to restor the backup file, I get the following message, Window Title: Money Multiple Disk Backup Message: Please insert the next backup disk. (The disk containing file "".) I was backing up on a different connected single harddrive and there is only one file. The file is not in multiple pieces and on different drives. When I click OK, it doesn't do anything and cancel just stops the process. I even down...

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

How do you check out a file from a link
I have received a link to an excel file stored in a SharePoint library. When I open the file the option to 'check out the file' does not appear at the top of my screen. This function does work for a word document in the same library. Please can you advise. Thanks With your browser, go to the Library where the document is located and check out from there. --rms www.rmschneider.com On 16/04/10 15:44, Tracey T wrote: > I have received a link to an excel file stored in a SharePoint library. When > I open the file the option to 'check out the fi...

XSD
Hi all, I defined a XML Schema... so I've a .xsd file. I defined the schema using "default" attribute... for example: <xs:element name="color" type="xs:string" default="red"/> Now, I would like to generate an empty XML file, from the XML Schema. How can I do that? Thanks a lot. Bye -- Stefano Giannone MCP .NET http://www.giasoft.it Stefano wrote: > I defined a XML Schema... so I've a .xsd file. > > I defined the schema using "default" attribute... for example: > <xs:element name="color" typ...

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings