Use Category to create distribution Lists

How do I use categories to send an Email to everyone in
the contact list with the same category.   Thanks
Bryan
0
pefjunk (1)

Open your contact folder in a table view.  (By Category works best.)  Find
the category you want to mail and drag and drop the collapsed category to
the in-box.  A new mail message will open with the names in the TO: field.
If you want to use the BCC, then select all and drag them to the BCC field.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Having searched the archives, Bryanp <pefjunk@yahoo.com> asked

| How do I use categories to send an Email to everyone in
| the contact list with the same category.   Thanks
| Bryan

0
MillyS1 (1480)

Installing and using Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student Addition
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) My husband recently purchased a new MacBook Pro. He gave me his MacBook Air. Office Home and Student addition was installed on his old computer (MacBook Air), and was loaded on the new computer. I purchased my own copy of Office: MAC 2008 Home and Student and installed it on the MacBook Air but can't use when my husband is using his version. The product keys are obviously different, but when he's writing in Word, I cannot. The message is that two people can not use the program at once who are on the same network. What do I do so ...

How to create stock watch list?
How do I create a watch list of certain funds, stocks, bonds? I only have a Roth IRA retirement account created. There doesn't seem to be a watch list option. Money 2004 Small Business Brett If there isn't already an Investments to Watch account, you can create one by creating an investment account and setting the Watch Account flag in its details. If the account is there, go to Portfolio, Work with investments, Add an investment and add the investments you want to watch to the watch account. "Brett" <account@cygen.com> wrote in message news:c003b25a.0404071613.1f...

Category Balances
I like how MSMoney gives me the Account Balances report that shows me the grand total for every account that I want included and then summarizes it all. What I'm looking for is a way to do this with the categories. I can pull up all of the transactions for each category, which gives me the grand total for the category, but it has to show all of the transactions. I'm just looking to represent it as: Category Name Total Cat1 $99,999.99 Cat2 $99,999.99 Cat3 ...

Creating a prompt in Subject line
How do I create a prompt in the subject line of emails to remind people to enter certain lines of text. For instance many of our employees must inserst a declaration in their subject line, in line with a legal requirement such as "this email is designated as 'Restricted under........." Is there a code I could use to look to see if this text or certain 'words' have not been included and a prompt appear to remind peoplpe to do so? Many people do use the subject line but they omit this particular text - which is a requirement in our particular office for ...

Contact list #17
We are using Outlook 2002. In the Contact list, is there a way to show what is associated with a given name in the list instead of just multiple identical names in the list? Such as; John Doe - Business John Doe - Business Fax John Doe - Email 1 Any help will be appreciated..... -- Thanx, Hanksor Oregon City, Or Hanksor <nospam@stonergroup.com> wrote: > We are using Outlook 2002. In the Contact list, is there a way to > show what is associated with a given name in the list instead of just > multiple identical names in the list? What does "contact list" ...

Account Category
Hi, I need to know how important is account category number in entire GP?.Where is used to? How is the relationship whit FRx? How affect all process into GP, like year end close? I really appreciate your help. -- Evelin. You can use them in FRx but they are not necessary. In fact, I never use them. If you were using the GP Advanced Financial reports, you would need them. -- Charles Allen, MVP "Ana Evelin Rosa" wrote: > Hi, > > I need to know how important is account category number in entire GP?.Where > is used to? How is the relationship whit FRx? How aff...

Global List
I have exchange 2003 server in a 2003 Active Directory Domain. How do I make the Global Address list view as last name first, first name last in outlook. I know how to do contacts but not the Global list. Is it something I need to do on the server. Thank you Change the display names to Last, First. jim wrote: > I have exchange 2003 server in a 2003 Active Directory > Domain. How do I make the Global Address list view as > last name first, first name last in outlook. I know how > to do contacts but not the Global list. Is it something I > need to do on the server. > &g...

OWA block sender list max?
While using Exchange Server 2003's Outlook Web Access client, if I right-click on a message and select "Add sender to blocked sender list" I get the following error: An error occurred processing your Junk E-mail lists. You are over the size limit on the server. There a few in the list already but not a ton. I have confirmed that this user (or any user for that matter) are anywhere close to the mailbox store size limit. There are send/recieve limits of 200,000 KB but that's waaaaay more than anyone seems to be using. Any ideas, is there just a max with OWA? Thanks, Marc...

how to find used region with macro
Hi, sorry if this obvious or has been asked recently. I have a macro that goes through all rows and all columns in a selection. If a row or a column is hidden, the font of that row or column is changed. A friend wants to use the macro in a Workbook with many sheets. He asked if I could change it so that he does not need to do a selection on every sheet before he runs it. I imagine that a nested loop through all rows and all columns will take a long time? I�ve tried to figure out how to get the range defined by the last row and the last column filled with data. First I tried with Current...

Need help with using a bar graph in a report
I have a report that separates information about representatives by manager. I need the graphs to give a quick summary on a few stats from each rep but only show for that manager's team and not all information. For example: Manager A has RepA, RepB, and RepC under him. Each rep has Aux1, Aux2, Aux3 information which needs to be displayed. My goal is to show Manager A with his Reps A,B, and C of their Aux1, 2, and 3. Then, under the next manager Header I want Manager B to show Rep D, E, and F with their Aux1, 2, and 3 information. Etc thru Manager G. Please help... Th...

Can't open database window using shift key...
Hi there, I have an Access database that I distribute to my client on CDROM. The start up options of the database are set so that the database window is not visible to the users. When the database is updgraded the database manager copies it from the CDROM to the relavant PC and then uses the shift key on opening in order to display the database window and link to the tables in the existing back-end. This procedure has been done many many times without a problem... BUT last week he found that holding down the shift key whilst opening the database no longer opened the database window and leave...

Go To
In Excel, you can name ranges of cells and use Edit --> Go To to go directly to those ranges. However, after you've gone to Go To once and you go back to it, there are often random cells referenced there (with $ signs indicating an absolute reference). Does anyone know why this happens or whether there's any rhyme or reason to the cells that are displayed? The cell reference on the top is the last address that you have gone to. For example, if you are in cell A2 and go to cell C8. $c$2 will show on the tope of the list. When you jump from C8 to another location, $c$8 will s...

Parameter Query using date ranges
I am creating a parameter query where I want to pull data between 2 dates. In the date criteria of my query, if I write between #01/01/2008# and #01/31/2008# +1, I will get all data for January. If I use a form to enter the dates and have Between [Forms]![autoexec]![start] And [Forms]![autoexec]![end] +1 in the date criteria, I get an error. Does anyone know what I should put in the criteria to make the query work? Are you entering your dates as m/d/y? What happens if you try: DateAdd("d", 1, [Forms]![autoexec]![end]) Is the form open? -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access...

Listing files with full path
Is there any function which acts like Dir but returns the full path of the file and not just its filename? I want to find files of a type in several directories, load the names in an array then go through them all and process them. It would help if the file names in the array contained the path information so that the part of the macro which does the processing can go straight to the file without having to worry about which folder it's in. Grateful for advice. Don't you already know the directory/folder at the time you call Dir? So just concatenate this with the file n...

Suggestion for using CStringArray with Unicode, mulit-byte, ATL &
Hi, I couldn't find the "development" group so i chose this one. I am trying to bring some code that has the CStringArray in it from a Multi-Byte project into a Unicode project and I keep getting errors I cannot resolve. Scenario: Project type: DLL Use MCF: Shared DLL Use ATL: Not using ATL Min CRT Use in ATL: No Char set: Unicode added afxcoll.h to stdafx.h as suggested elsewhere #include <afxcoll.h> #include "resource.h" #include <atlbase.h> #include <atlcom.h> I get the following error; Error 247 error LNK2005: _DllMain@12 already defined in Te...

Predefined distribution list in outlook template
Hi everyone, Here is my current situation, I have a central mailbox to send out urgent messages to predefined distribution list in my Personal Address Book (PAB). The problem is message owners need to rely on me all the times (even when I am not in the office!) to send out messages since I am the person who maintain the distribution list and to make sure the message sent to right group of people. I think this is not a efficient process. I am looking for an automation way so that message owners can send out messages themselves while making use of the distribution list I maintain. I...

Using Access 2003 for Inventory
I plan to setup our inventory system in the warehouse using Access 2003. Now, what I would like it to do (and it has been a long time since I have tried to do anything with access so I don't remember if this is possible or not) is automatically create a report that will tell me when I am low on equipment and possibly e-mail it to me and my supervisor. I'd also like to do the samething so with our drop material (cables, ground blocks, etc.) and have it e-mail to the owner so that he can place an order. The system, ideally, will also allow me to view what our technicians have on ...

How can I use Outlook in two computers (my PC and my laptop)? I o.
How can I use Outlook in two computers (my PC and my laptop)? I can only see my incoming emails in my PC, but not in my laptop; even though I have configured Outlook in both computersto received the incoming emails to my university account. "osiris" <osiris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C5ACFC5-3859-4FB0-BC20-3AC7A9B5F6A3@microsoft.com... > How can I use Outlook in two computers (my PC and my laptop)? I can only > see > my incoming emails in my PC, but not in my laptop; even though I have > configured Outlook in both computersto received th...

Using SQL Query to mass update a field.
Having a problem in eOrder where the pictures are not showing up. I found out the Inventory image in internet information is mapped to a drive letter. If I remove the drive letter, I can see the picture in eOrder. I would like to mass update the SY01200 INET4 field and change all from f:\inventory pictures\image.jpg to image.jpg (where image.jpg is the file name). It sounds like I need to create a cursor script but am not sure how to do this. Can anyone help me with this? Thanks. Backup you data first. You might be able to use DTS to trim the data with a string transformation. Or you ...

category list
Is there any way to print out a list of categories? I've just set up a new list and it would be handy to have one to consult until I get used to the new categories. In microsoft.public.money, Windwatcher wrote: >Is there any way to print out a list of categories? I've just set up a new >list and it would be handy to have one to consult until I get used to the >new categories. > Banking->AccountTools->Categories&Payees->Categories File->Print ...

Personal Distribution Lists
Hi all I've been given a task of updating a load of custom recipient addresses on an Exchange 5.5 server which includes moving them from one Recipient Container to another. Now the problem with this is that I don't think there is a way of doing this without deleting them from the original RC and recreating them in the new RC (don't worry I've at least been using export/import for this). If anyone knows of a better/easier way of doing this I would be interested. The actual moving of the Custom Recipients isn't too bad, but I am now running into problems with people that h...

How do i insert a Address Bar kind of drop down list within MS Exc
Hi, I wonderr if anyone can tell me if i am able to insert into an excel spreadsheet an address bar drop down list (like in windows explorer) to view and select the necessary drives, and make this particular cekk work like a pointer to changing the default path of where my macro searches for a specific file. Thanks AT the end is some code that will browse and reset the folder, and use this code to add a button to your standard toolbar Dim oCtl As Object With Application.CommandBars("Standard") Set oCtl = .Controls.Add(Type:=msoControlButton) oCtl.Caption =...

"Creates" Stereotype
I am trying to model a DAO pattern implementation in UML in Visio 2002. I cannot see how to implement the "creates" stereotype as seen in the UML diagrams in the following page: http://java.sun.com/blueprints/corej2eepatterns/Patterns/DataAccessObject.html Anyone know how to do this? Hello, I dont see any problem for making all the diagrams that are in the web page. Could you please give more detail ? "Michael" <michael@gmailNOSPAM.com> a �crit dans le message de news: PWGEh.36$hR3.27@newsfe2-win.ntli.net... >I am trying to model a DAO pattern implementa...

Please help
Only one of my users (who us utilizing IE8) is getting the following error when creating a new Timesheet in PWA 'g_oMainForm_name' is null or not an object mytssummary.aspx Code: 0 URI:http://[project server]/mytssummary.aspx Many other folks are using Timesheets - some with IE8 - and it works fine. This is the only user so far who has reported this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! Andy Novak UNT Hi Andy, Maybe this will help: http://allfaq.org/forums/t/136987.aspx "anovak@unt.edu" wrote: > Only one of my users (who us...

Help creating a list
Hi, I have a list of values in a single column. Many of the values are repeated. I need to create a list from this, where each value only appears one time, and capture in a new tab. Example Tab 1: 2008 Record A 2008 Record A 2009 Record B 2010 Record B 2010 Record B Result Needed in Tab 2: 2008 Record A 2009 Record B 2010 Record B Appreciate any help....Thanks ...