URLs dragged into tasks shows up as Icons, can I have links instead?

I often need to put webaddresses in the tekst in tasks. I would like to
drag them from the addressbar in IE into the textwindow of a task like I
do in other programs like Word (where I get the address as a clickable
link) or FrontPage (where I get the Title as a clickable link). However,
in Outlook I get just the IE-page icon and the first part of the URL.
Mostly useless. Is there a way to change this to the Word or preferably
the Forntpage way of showing the link?

how can I fix the size of frame? once I fixed ,the user cannot changed its size
handle WM_GETMINMAXINFO see http://www.codeguru.com/forum/showthread.php?t=318933 "msnews.microsoft.com" <on_lixing@163.com> д���ʼ� news:OgxZDM45FHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > Handle CFrameWnd::OnGetMinMaxInfo and specify whatever size you want for your frame to be. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "msnews.microsoft.com" <on_lixing@163.com> wrote in message news:OgxZDM45FHA.472@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > ...

Linking records to a Service Activity
Hi there Is it possible to link an Opportunity and a customised entity of Property to a Service Activity? My client needs to know what the Opportunity contains (product, qty's), and what details we hold about the Property (lift access, parking) before they schedule the service activity. Any ideas would be great. -- Many Thanks Jan_s ...

Directly link item engineering data rev level to PO entry/update
Common industry standard is to note the revision level of the item ordered on the PO... this is required for ISO. There is no direct table link from item engineering data to the PO Entry/update regarding item's current revision level. -- Steve Laurenzano K-Rain Manufacturing ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based News...

Can I mouse over an object and make it move?
I'm going to have a survey question on a slide where the answer is a number. I'm going to have small icons with the numbers on them (0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5+). I only want the icon with the number 3 on it to be "clickable" and send them to the next slide. The other icons I want to move to another spot on the page if they mouse over the icon. Is this possible? How do I do this? Thanks in advance for any help! In article <AA0384FC-8446-44EC-8509-C71324B4F2A1@microsoft.com>, Sharpie wrote: > I'm going to have a survey question on a slide where the answer is a ...

Pivot table chart problem, How to show different subtotal levels
Hi, Using Excel 2003, I have a pivot table using external data via ODBC. I have a chart based on my pivot table. The table and chart are working correctly. The PTcontains two levels of sales subtotals 1st level is by county 2nd level is by state. My client is telling me that the data in the chart is too detailed. He wants to have the both levels of subtotals in the PT, but only the county subtotals in the chart. If I delete the county sales subtotals from the chart, they are also deleted from the PT. Is it possible for the chart to be based on the PT and not show ...

can not send without error code
Hi, kindly help me. Out of sudden I can not send my email, but I still can receive email. My outgoing email just sitting in the outbox. I try send and receive several times, there is no error code but they only receiving without even try to send I do not change anything in the setting and even truy to recheck all the setting (SMTP, etc) and everything still ok need your immediate response, many thanks in advance How to Remove a Stuck Undeletable Message in Windows Mail http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/62560-windows-mail-problems.html WMUtil http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/De...

Outlook Error after URL change
We have already configured our internal DNS records to support crm.domain.com to point to the proper machine, and created the host headers on the web server. How do we get CRM to switch from "server1" to crm.domain.com? In a nutshell, we renamed the server from an internal name to a FQDN. Internally the CRM server still believes it is on http://server1 We are trying to access it now on http;//crm.domain.com. Our outlook worked properly before we made this change. After the change, only the web works and the outlook after a uninstall and reinstall, switching the server name whil...

Calculation time
I have a large file, approx 10MB, in excel 2003. Most of the data relates to calculations for around 5,000 records, and the workbook takes too long to recalculate. All the vlookup's have been replaced with Index / Match, but it's still slow, and I have a number of macros that rely upon it recalculating. Based on a post here, I went to this site: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa730921.aspx and ran the timer macros to try and isolate the problem. The FullCalcTimer takes around 19 secs The ReCalcTimer takes 0.00013 secs, and The SheetTimer takes no more than 0.01...

How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special project type that I need to start with?
How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special project type that I need to start with? "DR" <softwareengineer98037@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:uJRyKcbFIHA.3980@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl... > How to create a CLR DLL for Sql Server 2005? Is it just any .net class > library that you can load into Sql Server 2005 or is there some special > project type that I need to start with? > You can do it all "by hand" but there is a template "SQL Server project&...

Can't get rid of mailbox??
I have a user that was disabled, then removed from the domain, but I can't get rid of this _DIS <username> from showing in the Mailbox Resources screen. Any ideas? Thanks!! Do you have mailbox retention set up (30 days by default)? Is the mailbox showing up in Mailbox Resources with a Red 'X' on it? Is it if you run the clean up agent? If it is showing up with the red 'X' and you have mailbox retention set that is why it is still there. You can manually purge it by right clicking on it in Mailbox Resources and choosing 'Purge.' -- Hope that hel...

How can I split a project day into hours to avoid overallocation?
Hello all, I am still facing overallocation problems. I have looked at other posts (including Jan's); but, I am having trouble resolving the over allocation. For example: It seems to me that - if two tasks happen on the same day (even if they are both 2 hours long and the working day is set to 8 hours) MS Project makes them clash. How can I say - set one task to start at 9-11am and one to start at 1-3pm? Surely this will avoind the overallocation. Why doesn't MS Project seem to realsie that: if the working day is 8 hours and someone is working 100% on a 4 ...

Can't delete "virus" program from Temp Folders
Hi! I have 3 remaining "virus" programs in temp folders: * c:\windows|temp * c:\Doc & Sett\name\local settings\Temp When delete or move to desktop, get error: "Cannnot move........being used by another program..." Tried Safe Mode, but "virus" programs not there...... Any way I can delete or move to trash? MUCH THANKS! Gene:) What program are you using to try to remove them? What anti-virus app is installed, and is that what you are using to remove them? Install update and run Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and see if it can remove them in...

Newly created users can not log in to Exch2K
I'm running Win2K Server sp4 and Exch2K sp3. As of last Friday, any newly created user can log into the domain but can not access the exchange server. They keep getting the "user-ID, domain, password" prompt. I've tried deleting the user and re-adding to no avail. I've checked licensing and all is well in that area. Any ideas? Thanks in Advance. Hi, Did you checked the user's properties and can you see the users e-mail address ? I think that the user properties are not updated. Do a manual update to all, close ESM and open again and see. And check is the admi...

can't get sheet to display after editing header
I was working on a spreadsheet in Excel 2007 that I had previously created in Excel 2003. When I edited the header in page layout and switch back to normal view my data disappeared. I can see the data in print preview, but don't know how to view it and work with it in normal view because in noraml view it is hidden. What am i doing wrong? Jas ...

Can't view template file in Tools>Options>File Locations
I have created a template and saved it to a shared folder. When users who have access to this folder try to add this template to their 'On my computer...' template list by selecting Tools>Options>File Locations>Workgroup templates>Modify, the template is not visible in the 'Modify Location' window. The template is visible in Windows Explorer, and when users navigate to its location in Word using File>New. Why would the template not appear in the 'Modify Location' window? Any ideas for how I can make it appear? In that dialog, you will no...

Publisher 2003 Not Showing Graphics (Pictures)
OK, this is just too weird. Two computers, both running Publisher 2003. On #1, all graphics load and everything is fine. On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. So what happened last week? Why some pictures and not others? I emptied out temp folders, switched the "View" settings for pictures, but I'm not sure what to try next. Any suggestions? Wayne Day wrote: > On #2, all of a sudden [last week] *SOME* of the pictures stop showing > up, replaced by placeholder with red 'x'. > ...

How to link Subtotal results?
How do i use subtotal function results from one worksheet in anothe work sheet. I am able to work out average price of raw materals brough but would liked it automatically linked to my profit forecast and actua sales worksheet. Or is there an easier way for me to have stock control and sales dat linked -- bugg ----------------------------------------------------------------------- buggu's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3666 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=56412 If you want to link to a cell you can just co...

Link File
Hi, I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message everytime when I open the file. Thanks in advance for your help. Eling Hi goto: http://oaltd.co.uk/MVP/Default.htm and search for Findlink.zip (http://oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCount.asp?file=FindLink.zip) "et" wrote: > Hi, > > I have a file which shows a link of another file, but actually it did not. > How can I delete the link ? I don't want it to show a linking message > everytime when I open the fi...

Expanding Task Pane
I'm having trouble with expanding the notes section under the tasks pane in Outlook 2002 to hold more text. When I view all tasks on the screen, I can only see 2 or 3 lines of text in the notes section under the task. Does anyone out there know how to expand the notes section? Thanks Sounds like what you're looking at is actually the AutoPreview. That can't be expanded. I don't recall if Outlook 2002 will let you turn the Preview Pane on in the Tasks folder or not. Switch to Tasks and click View | Preview Pane and see what that gets you. If not, you might consider ...

Can't Delet Email Message
I have an email in my Outlook 2002 inbox (a forwarded task) that I cannot delete. When I try to delete it I get an error message saying "Outlook cannot do that action on this type of attachment." I experienced a similar problem in Outlook Express when my inbox was corrupted and fixed that problem by deleting my inbox. But when I try to do something similar in Outlook 2002 I just get an error message that says the .pst file is in use. Any suggestions? Try closing Outlook, moving the .pst to another location and then import everything back in filtering out the bad message if ...

Can't access send/receive under mail setup
I am using Outlook 2003 with exchange. I want to add a pop3 account. The Pop3 account sends but won't receive (although the Outlook test message is fine). When I go to tools/options/mail setup and push the send/receive button, nothing happens. I have just installed a new hard drive. This worked on the old one, and on other computers. I have recreated the profile from scratch but I have the same problem. What's going on? Can someone help me? -- Thanks. Sammie SBS 2003, OFFICE 2003, XP-PRO-SP3, IE7 ...

How to bookmark a link with variables?
The following link contains a date format "20100415", I would like to bookmark this link with variables, which is a string for today. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any suggestions Eric http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/20100415/00186_001.html variable = today in format yyyymmdd http://orientaldaily.on.cc/cnt/news/variable/00186_001.html Hi, Write a javascript bookmarklet or suggest to http://orientaldaily.on.cc/ that they add rss feeds or web slices to THEIR site. Regards. "Eric" <Eric@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

Autofilter to hide collumns instead of rows
Instead of using autofilter to hide rows from the view, I want it to hide collumns from the view. (Working horizontal instead of vertical, so to speak. For example: Availabiltiy of products productname | 1 | 2 | 3 france germany UK --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Not sure if this'll help much, but: normally it is better to lay out data with titles across the top, a there are generally more data items than there are titles, and yo would be limited to 256 data items. If you only want to filter in this way because of the data you alread have, you might want to tr...

create & edit table in tasks or Journal
Hi, I am trying to insert or create and edit table in MS Outlook task or Journal. And up to now the only place where I can create and edit table in MS Outlook is in email. But email is not useful for me because I am trying to track progress with Jello. And with Jello I can categorize each task into separate project but not emails. Any idea? ...

Linked Workbooks Question
Hi All, I have a workbook that links to two other workbooks. Two carry data, one does the calcs... All three workbooks are in the same directory. When I open the 'calcs' workbook, I allow macros then update links. References to cells in the data workbooks show as #value errors. If I have all three open, the 'calcs' sheet works fine. What gives ??? Thanks to the group. ...