uploading email attachment

I've attached a small program (ad-aware)to an email to a
friend.  Outlook 2003 won't let it upload and "send",
something about a potential virus, etc?? Now the email is
sitting in the outbox, stuck, won't send, won't delete.
If I can't send attachments with .exe then at least how
do I remove it from the outbox?
0
anonymous (74722)

1.  Always zip files you intend to send via email - Outlook will not send
nor receive mails with .exe attachments, among others.

2.  Create a new .pst file, make it the default, close and reopen Outlook.
Go to the Outbox in the old .pst file and delete the mail.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Randy asked:

| I've attached a small program (ad-aware)to an email to a
| friend.  Outlook 2003 won't let it upload and "send",
| something about a potential virus, etc?? Now the email is
| sitting in the outbox, stuck, won't send, won't delete.
| If I can't send attachments with .exe then at least how
| do I remove it from the outbox?

0
MillyS9060 (3207)

Does outlook have to remove files from your email account?
I've set up a Yahoo account on Outlook 2007 and it removed all of my email from my yahoo account. I can no longer view past emails on yahoo. Is there a way where I can view it on both accounts; Outlook 2007 and Yahoo? buckwins <buckwins@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've set up a Yahoo account on Outlook 2007 and it removed all of my > email from my yahoo account. I can no longer view past emails on > yahoo. Is there a way where I can view it on both accounts; Outlook > 2007 and Yahoo? Sure. Configure your mail account to leave copies on the server. It...

upon deleting emails view is not refreshed
We have a sporadic issue that seems to effect the majority of our users (all using Outlook 2007 sp2, but mixed between Exch 2003 and Exch 2007 mailbox servers). When they go to delete items from their inbox, Outlook will occassionally stop refreshing the view. For example when they highlight a message and select "delete" (regardless of hitting the "del" key, right-clicking and selecting Delete or pressing the "x" button) the message remains highlighted until they change folders and return back to the inbox (then the message or messages in question wil...

Use of Pop3 accounts for external email
We've been using a pop3/smtp account to recieve our external email. I've heard that using those is a bad idea for a buisness. I don't understand it that much and wondering what are the issues with pop3 and what is an alternative to recieve external mail if not using a pop3 account. We have Exchange 2003. The issue is the company can't archive all user's mail. You know, company's email is representing the company, so the company should keep it as archives. With POP3 email will be moved from server to the client. Instead, you can use IMAP, Exchange Server, or ...

How to remove the alternative text box from the publisher email?
Hi, I have created a publisher email and have email it to myself for testing view. I find there is a small alternative text box appearing whenever my mouse cursor station at any point of the email. How to remove this alternative text box from the publisher email? Help... -- Thank you, Cpviv Sounds like all the text has was converted to an image. Try to select the text and you will see it is an image. Go to tools > Options > Web tab and under Email options uncheck the option to send as an image. If that doesn't fix the problem, reference: Tips and troubleshooting for ...

Hyperlinks do not work in email in outlook
Shortly after installing the new service pack for Windows XP I began getting this message whenever I tried to click on a hyperlink in an email: "This operation has been canceled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system administrator." I assume it is because some switch has been set. Could someone tell me how to regain the ability to use the embedded links in email in outlook? Thanks Bob <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Shortly after installing the new service pack for Windows > XP I began getting this message whene...

How to send a multipage newsletter in the body of an email
First, the caveats. 1. I use Outlook Express so I can't be certain that this process will work if you are using something like AOL, Juno, Netscape Mail or the like. I'm sure that it will work with Outlook even tho I haven't tested it. If you are using one of those programs and you try this, I'd be interested to hear if it worked. 2. This process could produce a hefty email. I used a four page Publisher template and the file size is about 800 KB. As you change fonts, add pictures, etc, the size will grow. 3. If your audience has their email set for text only, there'...

Trying to move email from inbox to personal folder
In Outlook 2007, I am trying to move e-mails from my inbox to a personal folder. I get the error message, �Can�t move the items. The items could not be moved. It was either already moved or deleted, or access was denied.� I have done this successfully before. Any suggestions? -- Stevevh1 "Stevevh1" <Stevevh1.42ab33e@outlookbanter.com> wrote in message news:Stevevh1.42ab33e@outlookbanter.com... > In Outlook 2007, I am trying to move e-mails from my inbox to a personal > folder. I get the error message, Cant move the items. The items could > not be moved. It w...

Email Message(s) Not Being Retrieved
I've been waiting for an email today but Windows Mail hasn't retrieved it. I then decided to go online to my email client's web site and the email is there! The email was posted on the server today at 10:05 AM. The message isn't in any of my other Windows Mail folders including the Junk Email folder. Any idea why this message isn't being retrieved by Windows Mail?? James Sorry I found the message. I had them sorted oldest to newest. Duh. "JamesJ" <jjy@darwin_roadrunner.com> wrote in message news:%23r5VO4H7KHA.420@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl....

Disappearing emails from a shared mailbox
I set up a shared mailbox for one of our departments, and last night, when the mail user of it closed Outlook, the mails disappeared from the mailbox. I have logged directly onto the mailbox myself, and the historical mails are definitely not there. I have checked each users deleted items, and used the deleted items recovery tool in case one of them accidentally deleted the mails. all to no avail. whilst we can revoer from a backup tape, i would like to get to the bottom of how this has happened. has anyone had the same problem before? Check to see if 1 of the users had a archive or P...

Outlook 2003 trying to send nonexistant email
I have a 2 part problem but the main issue is it trying to send an email that doesn't exists. I have att DSL on XP SP2. I can send and receive email from both of my yahoo email accounts through Outlook express. In outlook 2003 I receive a sending error "connection to server was interrupted" when I try to send on either of these email accounts only and not my ATT accounts. This is a problem but my main problem is that I continually receive this error on one of my two yahoo accounts when I have outlook open. There are no emails in my outbox and I have deleted this account a...

how do I display email addresses memorized by autocomplete?
I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have not been entered into my contacts, that I would like to access. Any ideas? This is a great tool for it: http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/outlook_nk2_autocomplete.html -- Ricardo Silva Add-ins for Microsoft(c) Outlook(c) http://www.rsoutlook.com/us/products.html "alyankee" <alyankee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:09CC2496-662A-4919-904C-EF6D93A51033@microsoft.com... >I have many email addresses that autocomplete has memorized, but that have > not been entered i...

Email & System Administrator
I am using XP Professional. I have Outlook 2003. When I try to click a link in an email I get the following message: "The operation has been canceled due to restrictions on this computer. Please contact the system administrator." I am the only one with an account on the computer. How do I fix this problem???? OL2002: Error Message: This Operation Has Been Cancelled Due to Restrictions in Effect on this Computer... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;310049&Product=ol2002 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discu...

How do I fix this so I can view my attachments?
I can't view my attachment. I found the following topic in help but it doesn't give me way to fix this so I can view my attachments? I anivirus protection I don't need this feature from outlook. Please advise I see a paperclip next to a message, but when I open it, the attachment is gone. You may have received a message that contains a level 1 e- mail security attachment file type. To prevent the inadvertent spread of viruses, Microsoft Outlook checks the file type of each attachment in a received message against the file types on the e-mail security attachment file type...

viewing a user's email account
I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 18:20:02 -0700, Rossel1 <Rossel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have been charged with reviewing a user's email activity / mailbox for a >possible impropriety. Is there a way to do this from exchange, or better yet >what is the best way to accomplish this steathfuly? I really hope that the users' employment contract provides for this ...

Exchange fails to send CRM emails
When I try to send emails using the CRM 3.0 web interface "most" of them fail to be sent. If I copy that exact same and email and send it to the same address using outlook 2003 it sends with no problem. Exchange 2003 will send me an email, a day later that is is delayed and then finally another day later that it failed. I have turned off the email tracking in CRM and this did not help. I thought the numbers CRM puts in the subject may have been causing it to be blocked. What could be causing the emails to fail when sent using CRM and the exact same email to work with Outlook...

Limiting a user to internal email and other Exchange 2003 resource
Is there a way I can limit a user to internal email only? I need this user to email internal users and have access to calendars, contact, etc internally. In other words I need to restrict this user from having internet email capability. I tried to delete their SMTP email address, but Exchange wouldn't let me. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. see this: http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html "Cap" <Cap@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16F25D45-43D5-445E-8B72-32FB09A5D10E@microsoft.com... > Is there a way I can limit a user to...

exchange 5.5
I have a user who is getting emails addressed to another person in their mailbox. I checked the headers and the email was only addressed to person A (no cc's or bcc's), yet person B got it in their mailbox. What could be causing this? I have exchange 5.5 with SP 4 installed on a Windows 2000 Server. Jason: UserA most likely has some type of rule set up on his/her mailbox. Log on to UserA's mailbox with Outlook and check the rules. Also, there might be a setting on the mailbox itself that forwards message to UserB, so check the Delivery Options tab of UserA's mailbox prop...

Email Resolving
Hello, I was wondering if there is a way to tell CRM to go back and resolve all existing email records that have email addresses with question marks automatically or on a regular basis. We have contact being added to the system all the time and it would be nice to have the system auto check for old past emails and auto resolve them to new contacts created in the system. Thanks in advance for your help! Chris ...

Attach Trigger to Save Function of Form
I am in the processes of trying to attach a trigger to the Save function of an already existing GP form using Dex. In one of the documents, it states that the CM_Checkbook_Maitenance has a SaveRecord function. I am trying to acces the function that is similar to this on the PM_Vendor_Maitenance form. I tried using SaveRecord and when I tried to compile it it says that it is an unknown reference. Is there some documentation with a list of the functions for each form? Mike, PM_Vendor_Maintenance is an older form and probably doesn't have a SaveRecord function. Try running t...

receiving email with paper clip symbol
Whenever I get an email with the paper clip symbol I cant' open the attachment. It reads, "OE removed access to the following unsafe attachments in your mail:" I'm quite sure that all received attachments are not unsafe.... This Compaq computer and XP software is only 3 wks old. I'm not computer savvy!!! Where does the problem originate? Try this site for information on removing the block: http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm A good website for information on OE is: http://www.tomsterdam.com/ This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of pro...

Outlook blocks access to potentially unsafe attachements
Outlok 2003 has blocked many of my work emails with legitimate attachments. just yesterday, it block an Access database file that I was expecting to recieve. I've always thought, great way to keep desktop safe. But this time, I needed that document right away. So my opinion has changed. Question is: Where is the menu to change the security feature so it doesn't block attachments? The only security menu I found was for restricting websites. Thx in advance Tools, Options, Security, Change Auto d/l settings, UNcheck Don't download.....but leave Warn me etc...checked "T...

external email does not route
I am looking at an exchange server for a client. (they did the setup) They are having problems with external mail routing to internal mail boxes. (they had a sending problem also, but I resolved that) It seems like the system does not know any other address. only the administrator. Mail will arrive at the server and be sent to the administrator. Mail will go back to sender as "error 500" All internal mail is fine. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!! All incoming mail had this issue? -- Jammyù�ٴ� "vito" <vito@vbnetworks.com> ���g��l��s�D :OHknl6hxEHA.3276@TK2MS...

How do I get outgoing messages to send from a particular email ac.
I have multiple email accounts set up in Microsoft Office. Whenever I compose new mail, it is outgoing from one of them, but as I rarely use that internet service anymore, I want it to come from another one. How do I change what email address is displayed on my outgoing messages? State your Outlook version and, if 98 or 2000, the mode (help->about->second line should say.) --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without read...

can't download email after MS updates
I'm using Outlook 2000 with Win XP Pro and I was able to download all my emails from my POP3 server, but coincidentally after doing the windows regular updates yesterday the Outlook doesn't download the emails. Although I can do send...I don't get any errors or dialog boxes for promts when i do send & receive. Thanks, Ik. Can you turn on diagnostic logging (see http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q240347) and post the POP3Log.txt file? -- Jeff Stephenson Outlook Development This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers n...

Graphics not visible in email signature Office/Outlook 2000
Trying to send two jpg images embedded in an email signature from the signature picker. When viewed in Advanced Edit in Signature picker the graphics display. When the message is sent they are missing. Using Rich text Format in Outlook, but now Word as email editor. Any help is appreciated. Bob Weeden Washington School District Phoenix AZ Tried it in HTML format already? It is a lot more supported format than Rich Text. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack...