Upgrading to OL 2002 from 2000

I installed OL2002 on a machine. I had my e-mail setup on
another machine with OL2K. I saved the PST file, cause in
the past that's all I needed to move e-mail. I also
exported the e-mails and address book.

I thought I had to do was move the old PST file to the
location of the new PST that should have been created when
I first set up OL2002. I do a search and can not find such
a PST file. Can some one give me some direction how to get
the old e-mails into OL2002?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
0
JSDonahou (2)

If you're using Windows 2000 or XP, you'll need to search in hidden and
system folders to find .PST files.

--
Jocelyn Fiorello
MVP - Outlook

*** Replies sent to my e-mail address will probably not be answered --
please reply only to the newsgroup to preserve the message thread. ***

"JDonahou" <JSDonahou@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I installed OL2002 on a machine. I had my e-mail setup on
> another machine with OL2K. I saved the PST file, cause in
> the past that's all I needed to move e-mail. I also
> exported the e-mails and address book.
>
> I thought I had to do was move the old PST file to the
> location of the new PST that should have been created when
> I first set up OL2002. I do a search and can not find such
> a PST file. Can some one give me some direction how to get
> the old e-mails into OL2002?
>
> Thanks for any help you can provide.

Outlook 2000 doesn't close
I'm running outlook 2000 with SP1a on XP Home and when I close Outlook it doesn't really close, the window just goes away. I still get new e-mail notifications and it's still taking up precious memory. If I want it to close completely I have to clobber it in the task list or reboot... and that's ugly. I've heard that this is a "feature" for enterprise users but I'm not one and I like having COMPLETE control of my system. Does anyone know how to make outlook go away when I close it? Thanks ...

Upgrade from 2004>2006 Advice plz
I like the free support which is running out for 2004 and will bite the bullet and go to 2006 deluxe. Any hints? (I remember that 2005 was a total mess) Thanks I have 2004 and it doesn't run out to 2007, that is when I'll upgrade. "jnsaunders" <jnsaunders@aol.net> wrote in message news:%23NFKjriPGHA.3016@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... >I like the free support which is running out for 2004 and will bite the >bullet and go to 2006 deluxe. > > Any hints? (I remember that 2005 was a total mess) I skipped 2005 and am satisfied with 2006. Of course, it d...

Net Worth Report on Money 2002
I have added a new liability account named "Home Equity Loan Account". It has a balance of approximately $15,000. Even though I have cleared and rechecked the account names in the reports section making sure that this new account has been marked for inclusion, it doesn't appear on the report. What corrective action should I investigate? ...

Exch 2000 freezes after recieving 8000 smtp mails
Hi, Environment Win2000 sp4 Xeon 1,8GHz, 2GB RAM Exchange 2000 Antigen 8.0 for Exchange Problem description. The server is very slow after receiving 8000 smtp mail in a short period of time. We use the exchange server to send bulk mail to our customers. About 25 % of the mail addresses are fake (nobody@hotmail.com). The bulk mails are generated from a unix-system. The exchange server receives the smtp-mails fast and with no errors. First the users complained about internal mail not working. Cpu about 0-5 % Disk activity not checked at this time The queues for Default smt...

Data source for PivotTable-Form in ACCESS 2000
Hi, this drives me crazy, 4 years ago I defined in an ACCESS 2000 application a "PivotTable-Form". The resulting EXCEL table inclusive the "Data refresh" works perfect. I now want to update/change the query for the "Data Source" but cannot find which query is behind the "PivotTable-Form" or behind the resulting EXCEL spreadsheet. When editing the properties for the "PivotTable-Form" or the EXCEL spreadsheet the "Data Source" is always blank. Question: Where does Access 2000 or EXCEL 2000 hide the respective data source (Query)...

Outlook 2002 Suddenly Sluggish
I need some help with Outlook 2002. I've been using it for over a year with no problems. Suddenly, a few days ago, it began acting very sluggish. When selecting email messages to read, there is a long wait (2-5 seconds) before the message appears in the preview pane. Without the preview pane and double-clicking to open a message, there is a similar wait before the selected email opens up. I have downloaded 1-2 Windows security patches/updates this week. I don't know if that has anything to do with it, but any suggestions about how to troubleshoot this problem will be greatly a...

Interop Assemblies for Outlook 2000
Hi I am aware that there are no Primary Interop Assemblies for Outlook 2000 but I would like to aim for the lowest common denominator for maximum compatibility. I can not use late binding as I am using With Events. I am also slightly tied from creating outlook 2000 assemblies myself as I am at Outlook 2007 and would find it difficult to find outlook 2000 on a pc with VS2005/2008 side by side. I would like to know if there are any standard enough Outlook 200 assemblies out there that can be used fairly reliably that I could use. Many Thanks Regards Due to how Outlook handles versio...

Access 97 conversion to 2000 and OpenRecordSet
We have a simple application developed in Acees 95 / upgraded to 97 and now we wish to move to 2000. the application 'almost' upgrades itself apart from a problem we are havinng with OpenRecordSet . The code is simple and I know (with hindsight) it can be much neater but when you do not spend a great deal of time and it works then leave alone. Code throws up Run Time eror 13 at the OpenRecordset command when run. Have read lots of docs but confused as to change this seems a major problem. Have checked DAO 3.6 to get round other problems and they seem to work. Help appreciated Pub...

Exchange 2000 problems
Since the HD failed I have been trying to put my domain backup. The PDC, W2k, had IIS and Exchange on it. I have reloaded W2k with SP's and installed Exchange 2000. None of my virtural stores Protocols are running and when I open the properties of each the "Start, Stop, Pause" choices are grayed out. The First Storage Group/Mailbox Store is also down. When I try to Mount it I get this error: "An internal processing error has occured. Try restarting the Exchange System Manager or the Microsoft Exchange Information Store service or both." ID c1041724 Help...I'm...

ACCESS 2000 is deleting records
Just yesterday I converted an Access 97 database to Access 2000. Have a large problem I need help with. After converting the DB I "split it" in order to use it as a backend, same way it was in Access97. After converting the database to Access2k we began to have a problem with Access2k deleting records. it deleted a total of 4 out of 62 records. the records are not together ( record #289365 then 289048 then 289128 then 289178 then this morning 289405) these record are auto-numbered incerement of one. They were entered by different people so I know its not just an operator probl...

Outlook 2002 Calendar #5
how do I get national and Jewish holidays for 2006? http://www.outlook-tips.net/howto/missinghol.htm and if you need more than are listed in the holiday list, see http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/holidays.htm for additional lists. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Subscribe to Exchange Messaging Outlook new...

Outlook 2000
I'm having a strange Outlook issue and cannot figure it out for the life of me. Our mail server is Exchange 5.5 (can't recall the SP right now), and the Client is Outlook 2000 SR-1. The user can view his primary email box without any troubles, but also has access to another Exchange email box. He can view every folder in it except the Sent Items. The error it returns is "Unable to display the folder". What's strange is he can view the subfolder in Sent Items, no problem. I've configured his email on a different PC, and everything shows up fine, so I know ...

How do I get a copy of Publisher 2002?
I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002. I still have Windows 98 on my computer and don't want to upgrade to XP right at this time. Other than ordering off of e-bay or other sites I'm not familiar with, is it possible to get a copy of Publisher 2002 that would be compatible with Windows 98? Amazon.com -- Don Vancouver, USA "Crystal1365" <Crystal1365@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:33518C70-6D02-4E03-B9C2-2C1FDEEB4A68@microsoft.com... > I'd like to get a copy of Publisher 2002. I still have Windows 98 on my > computer and don...

using picture on charts in exel 2002
After I updated to Exel 2002 the pictures I had displayed on a chart wall does not print properly... It looks fine on print preview but when you actually print it only show's a small portion of the picture... Before the update I had no problem... I have tryed every thing I know to make the correction.... Nothing has worked so far... Thanks The only thing that comes to mind is everyone's favorite whipping boy. Do your printer drivers need updating? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services http://PeltierTech.com/Excel/Charts/ _______ jdishner...

How to uninstall Outlook 2000 from Office 2000
I have installed MS Office on my PC but would now like to uninstall Outlook only from that installation . I know this can be done using the Installation CD but have forgotten just exactly how to go about it . Can anyone refresh my memory in this, please ? victory@iol.ie wrote: > I have installed MS Office on my PC but would now like to uninstall > Outlook only from that installation . > > I know this can be done using the Installation CD but have forgotten > just exactly how to go about it . > > Can anyone refresh my memory in this, please ? Add/R...

Migrating from Novell to Windows 2000 server causes issues with .PST on Win95/98
All: Hopefully someone has seen this before and can provide a clue. We are currently migrating all of our user home directories from Novell 5 servers to Windows 2000 servers. The majority of our clients are XP and Windows 2000 workstations using Outlook 2000. However, there are still a number of clients using Windows 95/98 and Outlook 98. After copying .PST files from the Novell home directory to the Windows 2000 home directory using a Windows XP workstation, users using the Windows 95/98 workstations get an 'access denied error' when attempting to open their .PST folder from the ...

Upgrading Excel with technical features for engineers, please
I would like to see much more technical features in excel. I am studying for structural engineer and I make models with excel. But the program doesn't have enough features to make good models, think about mechanics (and showing its specifics graphs) and physics calculations which got to do with structures. So make us an "technical excel" for structural and hydraulic engineering New students don't have mathematics anymore, the have to make models with excel nowadays!!! ;) best regards ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds ...

transfering Outlook 2000 contact data to new computer
Purchased new computer and would like contact info transfered from Outlook 2000 program. I cannot find any .pst files in old computer but there is a .dll folders called Addressbook.dll. Can this be where all contact address book data resides or is there another file I should be looking for. How is this data transfered are there drag and drop features with Outlook. Thanks for the help "Darrel Maartin" <DaxxelMartin@cs.com> wrote in message news:00c901c3daca$75b37510$a401280a@phx.gbl... > Purchased new computer and would like contact info > transfered from Ou...

Upgraded Vista -Win7 now crashing Outlook 2003
Hi Q 1 I upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 and receive regular updates from MS. Since the upgrade when I open Outlook 2003 it starts downloading emails and ½ way through it crashes. additionally my email rules frequently dont work - typically I need to run - detect and repair a few x [restore my shortcuts while restoring]. How do i fix this? Q 2 Re: The other option 'Discard my custom settings and restore default settings" - I'm not clear on what this is - i cant seem to find detailed information on this..... if this is a solution i would need to save and ...

HELP! Money 2004 Upgrade Problem!
I have all my files in Money 2003 Small Business. I got Money 2004 and found out that it was Standard, not Small Business - it wouldn't let me open my Accounts Receivable files, etc. Now I just want to get my files back for Money 2003 but it won't load the backups since they were converted to 2004! Any suggestions??? Thanks!!!! Evan. When you converted to M2004 there was a splash screen that said it was making a backup of your M2003 file and where it was. You need to navigate to that file with M2003 loaded, double click on it and M2003 will load as it was at the time you conver...

Outlook 2002 address book #3
When adding contacts into my address book, I enter name and email address and verify the "File As" is LastName, FirstName. Upon writing a new email, I hit the "to" feature and search for a contact by their last name and no luck. It will only search by first name. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong? I have verified under Tools->options->contact options that the default "File As" is lastname, firstname. Any help would be appreicated. Thanks. Choose Tools | Email Accounts > View or change existing directories or address books. Select O...

Exchange 2000 Server listed as a open relay with Mail-Abuse.com RS
I have a client who is running Exchange 2000 Mail-Abuse has them listed has a relay. I have checked there SMTP configs over and over and they are locked down. They only 4 of the test Listed below. I think these tests are using some called Quoted routing spoffing. But I haven't been able to find a fix. If anyone has anymore info let me know please. Thanks Mike C :Relay test: #test 21 >>> MAIL FROM:<unavailable@[12.166.246.5]> <<< 250 2.1.0 unavailable@[12.166.246.5]....Sender OK >>> RCPT TO:<"user2@zncfpngpure.org"> <<< 250 2.1....

Hyperlinks from Excel 2000 dont work anymore in Excel 2003
Hyperlinks for excel 2000 dont open files on the network share \\server\test\sdsd\.... after upgrading to excel 2003 other users which are still on excel 2000 have no problem accessing the files linked to a hyperlink...how i fix that (our company is upgrading to Office 2003) ...

Outlook 2002 #73
In replying to e-mails to various recipients, the=20 characters in some of my words become garbled, mixed up=20 etc. Below is an example of my message as received by=20 someone I sent it to: Hi Jane,=20 =AC=DDIs Mary into Dora at all, there seems to be a lot of=20 that stuff that'=C4=F4s hot.=AC=DD Other wise the old Barbie=20 stand by or the jewelry making kit is always a hot=20 ticket.=AC=DD As for Sam, transformers or those truck that=20 bump into stuff then flip over and come back to you.=AC=DD=20 Those are both big hits. =AC=DDI'=C4=F4m going to try to do the=20 shopping thing ...

SQL Server 2000 / GP 8 Performance problem
Hi, We have a default installation of SQL Server 2000 servicing about 5 GP clients. As soon as more than one person tries using the payroll module everyone starts slowing down. A nework trace indicates multiple small queries going back and forth (ping pong) creating stored procedures and executing them. This looks like SQL server issue at first sight. Can someone give me ideas on where I can start looking. thanks Hi Have you applied SQL SP3a onto the SQL server? Regards James "Dilan Arumainathan" <dilan_a@antispamimpark.com> wrote in message news:egPPRo%23BFHA.3820@TK...