Upgrading from Office XP Pro to 2003 Pro?

I am currently using Office XP Pro and I want to upgrade to 2003 Pro.
My question is this:
How do I do a clean install of 2003 Pro without erasing everything in XP
Pro????
Should I just do an upgrade?
Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!

Best,

Jack Barrett
http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

0
jack4450 (16)

The upgrade path is the easiest to use and it does not wipe out your
previous settings.  I have used both upgrade and clean installations and
they both work fine.

--�
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer:
Jack Barrett <jack4450@frontiernet.net> asked:
| I am currently using Office XP Pro and I want to upgrade to 2003 Pro.
| My question is this:
| How do I do a clean install of 2003 Pro without erasing everything in
| XP Pro????
| Should I just do an upgrade?
| Your suggestions are greatly appreciated!
|
| Best,
|
| Jack Barrett
| http://windsurf_2.tripod.com

0
MillyS4407 (663)

Installing Office 2003 is a mess
I purchased Office 2003 on disk and I installed it on my old XP machine. When I used the same disk to install Office 2003 on my new Vista machine, I was taken by surprise when I was asked if I wanted Office 2007. I said yes, thinking that it was a free update for Vista. Now I have the following 3 problems, of which I have solved only the first one: 1. When I open a Word file by double-clicking in Explorer, the file opens under Office 2007 and asks if I want to install it, which I do not. I solved this problem by first opening Word 2003 with the icon on the desktop and now ...

Setting Recipient Limits On Exchange 2003 & Group Lists
I am trying to set a limit to the number of recipients that can be included in an email address field. I thought I saw some place where the Recipeint Limit set under Message Delivery, Global Settings counted each Exchange group as a single recipient regardless of the number of members in the list. However, the total number of members in personal distribution lists created in Outlook was used. This does not seem to be the way it's working. I have limited permissions to send to our various corporate distribution lists, or groups, and set a Message Delivery Recipient Limit less tha...

Can OWA 2003 Contacts view be changed?
Hello! Can the Contacts view in OWA 2003 be changed from the address cards view to the phone list view as it can in Outlook 2003? It is a major pain to scroll through a dozen pages to see contacts. If we cannot change the view, is there a way to make it show more than 25 entries per page? Also, can OWA arrange contacts by category? Thanks for the help! Gregg Hill You can do both. 1. To change the view, take a look at the drop-down right next to Contacts. It will currently show (Address Cards). Click the little down arrow and choose the other view that you want. 2. To change ...

Coexistenz CRM 3.0 and SPS 2003
.... any issues? We installed CRM 3.0 on a server with SPS 2003 and WSS. The Enterprise Admin, who installed CRM, can not logon even he is prompted for. Regards, Thomas Hi Thomas, SPS?? do you mean SBS as in Small Business Server? Are you having issues logging into the CRM application? From your post it seems as though he is being prompted for a Username and password, what happens after this point? Regards, Nathan "Thomas K.H. Bittner" wrote: > .... any issues? We installed CRM 3.0 on a server with SPS 2003 and WSS. The > Enterprise Admin, who installed CRM, can no...

Access 2003
Most of users can open the database fine when it is already open. There are several people that cannot open the database when it is already open via windows explorer. If they open Access and open the file through Access it works fine. If the file is not already open, the users have no problems opening the file. Please help! Alicia All users of the database must have at least read, write, create, delete (or modify) privileges to the folder holding the database file. Not just the database .mdb file, but the entire folder. -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick t...

Can't install downloaded upgrade
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) I can't install the download upgrade received. The destination hardrive is my Macintosh HD....what can I do? ...

Moving Works Spreadsheets to Ofice Excel 2003
I operate windows xp and have been using the ms works spreadsheets program. I recently purchased the Office 2003 with excel and want to move the works file to excel. How is this process done. Hi John! In Works you can save to Works 2.0 format which Excel will open or save as an Excel file. -- Regards Norman Harker MVP (Excel) Sydney, Australia njharker@optusnet.com.au Excel and Word Function Lists (Classifications, Syntax and Arguments) available free to good homes. John, Your works spreadsheets are probably in your my documents area of xp. Go into Excel, open the works spreadshe...

ACT!2000 to Outlook 2003
We have recently started using a Small Business 2003 Exchange server, and have all new 2003 Microsoft software. Some people were using ACT!2000 v.6 as their task, calendar and contact manager. What is the best way to convert the ACT!2000 info to Outlook without losing many of the categories and other important data? Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. Sunny Cook ...

How to disable MS Office test drive
I have MS Office 2001 installed as a system 9 application on my G5. MS Office System X test drive has expired, and I am not going to upgrade soon. How do I disable the default that always opens the test drive screen (and informs me that it has expired). When I click on an MS file I want the MS Office 2001 to be the default program which opens them. How do I change this? On 10/19/03 11:33 AM, in article 95e7d7a0.0310191033.764d6b4d@posting.google.com, "JG" <jg@unionstreetdesign.com> wrote: > I have MS Office 2001 installed as a system 9 application on my G5. MS > Office ...

Get help in Office newsgroup....again
(Note the Office newsgroup messages from the Mactopia forum interface have not been showing up for users that use a newsreader. This problem happened around Sept 24. Your questions are not being ignored. We just can't see them.) Ask your questions using Entourage's newsreader. <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/support_options/subnews.html>) -- Diane Ross, Microsoft Mac MVP Entourage Help Page <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/> Entourage Help Blog <http://blog.entourage.mvps.org/> Hi Diane - I appreciate what you're hoping to do & applaud the effort but ...

How to save Publisher 2003 files to Web using older Publisher for.
In the Office 2000 version of Publisher, I was able to save files in a Web format that included separate .html and graphic files. Now, with Publisher 2003, the "Save As Web" function creates file outputs that are no longer compatible with Adobe Acrobat. Is there a way to save Publisher files inthis older format for the Web? Use File, Publish.... to get the "filtered" html don't use File, Save as..., web David Bartosik - [MSFT MVP] http://www.publishermvps.com http://www.davidbartosik.com "Steve D'Erasmo" <Steve D'Erasmo@discussions.micros...

Back up copies of Files in My Documents in Word 2003
Every time I try to delete back up copies in "Open" in My Documents, it creates another copy. I am up to 166 copies of unwanted files. They are not shown in the pull-down of Word Documents only, but in All Files. -- Carole Campbell You are probably inadvertently dragging and dropping them in the same window. Drag and drop them in the Recycle Bin or simply press the delete key. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Wo...

Uninstall Mac Office 2004
How do I remove Office 2004 and reinstall it so I can use a different registration number. I have installed it under the same number twice on a LAN in error and I need to change the registration number so I don't get a conflict. This is the Student/Teacher Edition on a student network. Budge Harvey <budge.harvey@techtotems.com> wrote: > How do I remove Office 2004 and reinstall it so I can use > a different registration number. I have installed it > under the same number twice on a LAN in error and I need > to change the registration number so I don't get...

Upgrading to Exchange 2003 07-02-04
Are there any issues with CRM 1.2 running with Exchange 2000 having the Exchange upgraded to 2003 SP1? Thanks Webster ...

Outlook 2003
I wrote a macro in Excel that sends out an email. I am using Office 2003. When the email tries to send, I get a message box pop up: "A program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook. Do you want to allow this?" This was a problem in Office 2000 but there was a fix to get around it. I can't find any way around this in Office 2003. I found Microsoft article http://office.microsoft.com/en0us/assistance/HA011127891033 ..aspx but it is not much help. It wasy to contact the vendor of the software that is accessing Outlook. In this case the vend...

Outlook 2003 and Mcafee Spamkiller #2
Anyone know how to set up Mcafee Spamkiller to work with my Outlook 2003 set up as a pop3 e-mail? Mcafee techs have no clue; and I'm sure I'm not the only one in the world with Outlook 2003 pop3 email and Mcafee Spamkiller!! Any help would be appreciated Jeff ...

Money 2005 upgrade creates duplicate Investment Accounts
mUpgraded fro Money 2004 to 2005 and for my 6 Schwab accounts when system syncronized an additional 24 accounts (4 for each original) were created. Any ideas would be appreciate. Thnaks I had a similar problem with T. R. Price. Each mutual fund has a separate account number and I had them combined in Money so the download was to each separate account - not the main account. At least I only got one download per fund - not the 4 that you received. "gavin" wrote: > mUpgraded fro Money 2004 to 2005 and for my 6 Schwab accounts when system > syncronized an additional 24 ...

Sorting Outlook 2003 by Subject
Question: When you sort the subject field in Outlook 2003, what is the logic? Our administrator has some really odd sorts like: FROM SUBJECT ... XXXX YES: SKI TRIP XXXX YES: SKI TRIP XXXX WILL ATTEND: SKI TRIP COMMITMENT XXXX WILL ATTEND: SKI TRIP COMMITMENT XXXX YES: SKI TRIP COMMITMENT XXXX WILL: SKI TRIP XXXX WILL ATTEND: SKI TRIP I thought it ignored everything to the left of the colon and alphabetized by the remainder - but that that logic does not follow. By my logic, the Will Attend: Ski Trip should be above Will Attend Ski Trip Commitm...

Upgrade Money Standard 2003 with Money Deluxe
I had a power surge. I put Money 2003 Standard back on new computer. I upgraded from Money Standard to Money Deluxe on my old computer with an activation number. How do I add this activation number to Money Standard 2003 to update to Money Deluxe 2003. I have the long activation standard copy on paper. Thanks, hmcdonald ...

Best book for creating GUI using Visual C++ (VS 2003)
Hi all, First of all sorry for the cross post. I was not sure which ng would be most appropriate. I need a book that gives guidelines on good GUI design (preferably, comes with a few template GUIs one can extend). There seems to be so many books out there, I would be very grateful to hear from any experienced GUI designer out there - who can recommend a book for designing GUIs. A bit of background of my self. I am a C/C++ developer, but have some basic GUI design experience using VBs Form Designer. I have a little experience of MFC but I'm hoping to generate a lot of the boiler p...

Access 1 OWA from multiple Admin Groups in Exchange 2003
We have 2 Exchange 2003 Admin groups in 1 Exchange Organization. OWA is configured in 1 Admin Group. We would like to allow users from the second Admin Group to be able to access their mailboxes using the OWA that is already setup. How do I configure that? ...

Cascading Messages in Outlook 2003
This has been annoying me since the day I installed Outlook 2003 over my Express 6.0 Cascading messages: sometimes when I have a conversatin going on the same subject with multiple receipients, Outlook cascades messages, in a Message Board format, so you can see the 'chain' of replies like this: bob@aol.com susan@aol.com eric@yahoo.com and so on.... Other times, Outlook decides it doesn't want to cascade the messages, so it just lists them on top of one another, like this: bob@aol.com susan@aol.com eric@aol.com Why is that? I check all settings under Views, ...

Exchange 2003 Mailbox rights
Hi, I just migrated all of my exchange 5.5 mailboxes to Exchange 2003 and still running in mixed mode. I have exchange admin rights, but when I try to add a mailbox to my outlook I receive a permissions denied error. I checked the AD and my account has a greyed out deny checkbox next to full mailbox rights. I cannot take ownership, uncheck the deny option, or stop the object from accepting rights from the parent object. How do I uncheck that deny box? Where do the security rights propogate from? -Frank Frank wrote: > Hi, > > I just migrated all of my exchange 5.5 mailbox...

Backup using Windows XP CD Burning Wizard
In Backup options, my CD-R/W drive is not displayed for selection as a backup option so I have been backing up to the hard drive in the XP default folder "CD Burning" which then prompts me via the task bar balloon to write the file to CD. It works fine, except that after about a month and a half, I have a backup file less than 5MB in size on a 700MB disc and Money is telling me the disc is full. When I explore the disc properties, it also shows no space available. What's going on and how can I keep from having to use a new disc? In microsoft.public.money, Steve wrote...

Weblink launch from Ootlook 2003 hangs
WinXP SP3 Outlook 2003, popmail IE7 Whenever I click a weblink (launch) from within outlook mail message AND IE explorer is not already open, I get 2 windows. Window 1 is the home page -> OK. Windows 2 is the URL of the weblink. This window 2 stays blank and "in process". What can I do to fix this? If IE is already open, the windows 2 functions and opens the URL. Thx -- ***************** John Lenz JohnLenz@comcast.net Did you try resetting web settings in IE? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outloo...