upgraded to office pro can't open outlook

I just uninstalled office basic and loaded office xp pro. I have xp
media running on my machine. I can't open outlook. every time I try I
get the following: Cannot start microsoft outlook. Unable to display
the selected folder or item. could not open the item. try again.
That is when I try to open outlook from start menu under the explorer
icon. If I go to all programs and try to start it that way, I get:
Unable to open your default email folders could not open the item try
again. I click ok and get: would you like to open your default file
system folder instead? I click no it all goes away. I click yes and I
get: debug error! Program: C:\program files\microsoft office\office
10\outlook.exe abnormal program termination (press retry to debug the
application)
Then it goes away.
What to do next. I am so hoping I didn't lose all my old emails and
such, did I?

NEVER MIND....I fixed it. I had uninstalled office basic. I just
reinstalled office basic and only kept powerpoint from office xp pro.
It all works just fine now.

pyper33594@yahoo.com wrote:
> I just uninstalled office basic and loaded office xp pro. I have xp
> media running on my machine. I can't open outlook. every time I try I
> get the following: Cannot start microsoft outlook. Unable to display
> the selected folder or item. could not open the item. try again.
> That is when I try to open outlook from start menu under the explorer
> icon. If I go to all programs and try to start it that way, I get:
> Unable to open your default email folders could not open the item try
> again. I click ok and get: would you like to open your default file
> system folder instead? I click no it all goes away. I click yes and I
> get: debug error! Program: C:\program files\microsoft office\office
> 10\outlook.exe abnormal program termination (press retry to debug the
> application)
> Then it goes away.
> What to do next. I am so hoping I didn't lose all my old emails and
> such, did I?

Having 2 version of Office can cause you problems. Make sure you installed
PowerPoint to a diff MS Office folder so you don't corrupt the default common
folder  which is called Microsoft Office.

"gmanfan" wrote:

> NEVER MIND....I fixed it. I had uninstalled office basic. I just
> reinstalled office basic and only kept powerpoint from office xp pro.
> It all works just fine now.
>
> pyper33594@yahoo.com wrote:
> > I just uninstalled office basic and loaded office xp pro. I have xp
> > media running on my machine. I can't open outlook. every time I try I
> > get the following: Cannot start microsoft outlook. Unable to display
> > the selected folder or item. could not open the item. try again.
> > That is when I try to open outlook from start menu under the explorer
> > icon. If I go to all programs and try to start it that way, I get:
> > Unable to open your default email folders could not open the item try
> > again. I click ok and get: would you like to open your default file
> > system folder instead? I click no it all goes away. I click yes and I
> > get: debug error! Program: C:\program files\microsoft office\office
> > 10\outlook.exe abnormal program termination (press retry to debug the
> > application)
> > Then it goes away.
> > What to do next. I am so hoping I didn't lose all my old emails and
> > such, did I?

0
Mary1 (682)
6/30/2006 8:50:01 PM
It is, thanks.  I just had a brain fart or something since I didn't
uninstall before I installed the newer version. All good now, though.

Mary wrote:
> Having 2 version of Office can cause you problems. Make sure you installed
> PowerPoint to a diff MS Office folder so you don't corrupt the default common
> folder  which is called Microsoft Office.
>
> "gmanfan" wrote:
>
> > NEVER MIND....I fixed it. I had uninstalled office basic. I just
> > reinstalled office basic and only kept powerpoint from office xp pro.
> > It all works just fine now.
> >
> > pyper33594@yahoo.com wrote:
> > > I just uninstalled office basic and loaded office xp pro. I have xp
> > > media running on my machine. I can't open outlook. every time I try I
> > > get the following: Cannot start microsoft outlook. Unable to display
> > > the selected folder or item. could not open the item. try again.
> > > That is when I try to open outlook from start menu under the explorer
> > > icon. If I go to all programs and try to start it that way, I get:
> > > Unable to open your default email folders could not open the item try
> > > again. I click ok and get: would you like to open your default file
> > > system folder instead? I click no it all goes away. I click yes and I
> > > get: debug error! Program: C:\program files\microsoft office\office
> > > 10\outlook.exe abnormal program termination (press retry to debug the
> > > application)
> > > Then it goes away.
> > > What to do next. I am so hoping I didn't lose all my old emails and
> > > such, did I?

Exchange for remote users/offices
Up to this point i've used SBS 2003 with POP3 (using Popbeamer)...the reason i chose this from the get go was because we have about 15 users here on site and about another 20 that are scattered across the globe. I didn't want to be in charge of mail for those that weren't here remotely, so figured just using the POP3 route was the way to go. Well, i'm preparing to move to SBS 2008 and REALLY want to set it up as a true Exchange server hosing the mail. But, again, am not sure i want to deal with the other 20 users if i don't have to. So, is there a way to set up ...

removing replicated table information from MS Office Access 2003
I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. If I import the file without any replicated information (ie. s_ColLineage, etc) how would this affect the database? Is it safe to do this? Would I be better off just making the tables not replicable? Thanks On Tue, 4 Mar 2008 03:33:07 -0800, DukeJon <DukeJon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Assuming your Access database does not need replicating, yes, it is safe to omit those fields during import. -Tom. >I have a tool that exports .xml files which are then imported into a table. >If I import the f...

upgrade from mac office to pc?

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

Standalone install of Office 98 Upgrade?

Crash on 'Send"

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2