Updating tasks with VBA script

I've built a scheduling tool which uses Access to create the tasks.
Once the tasks are generated, they're sent to Outlook.  My problem is
the tasks are grouped in categories and if a due date is changed it
needs to move all the following tasks by x number of days.  (My
keyfield ie- 57-41, then 57-42, etc. is stored in the contacts field)
I had planned to first pull the data back to Access to see what dates
changed.  Off of that data, I'd delete the following tasks and reinsert
them with the modified dates.  I would prefer to do this in Outlook but
do not know the Outlook object model well enough.  If you have any
recommendations or could point me to helpful code; I would appreciate
it greatly.

Custom Category lists in Outlook 2003 Tasks
I've created four new categories that I wish to apply to all of the tasks that I enter into my Outlook 2003 task list at work. Let's call them A_Repair, A_Maintenance, A_Research, and A_Project. There is very little likelihood (probably only when the task is a personal / private one, and not work-related) that any of the existing categories will ever be used as applied to a task I enter. The interface that I usually use to enter new tasks is the one where each task is listed on it's own line and displays the priority, completed, Subject, start date, due date, categories, sub pri...

VBA creates Reference to Add-In, doesnt' seem to 'take'.
Creating a .XLS in VBA, I'm doing ExcelApp.AddIns("Function").Installed = True After I end the process and then open the .XLS from Windows's desktop, I do, indeed, find that Tools|Add-Ins|Function has it's checkbox checked. Problem is that if I try to invoke one of the routines in "Function" (not a great name for an add-in....but somebody else made it up...), I get the dreaded #NAME? result. But then if I open up Tools!Add-In, un-check 'Function', and open up Tools|Add-Ins again and check Function, that same invocation of one of the routines in &...

HTA run a exchange ps1 script
Hi to all, i had wirte a HTA script and that run a exchange ps1 script but that doesn't start. Code below: command = "powershell.exe -PSConsoleFile ""c:\Program Files\Microsoft \Exchange Server\Bin\exshell.psc1"" -command C:\creatembx\" & file & " " & first.value & "." & last.value & "@" & domain.value & " " & first.value & " " & last.value set WSHShell = CreateObject("Wscript.Shell") WSHshell.run command msgBox command The msgbox show the c...

Can't update Chart
Hello, I have a spreadsheet with 50 tabs. Each tab has a 6 month audit score that looks like this: MAR APR MAY JUN JUL AUG 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% 100% There is a bar graph linked to these cells on each tab. What I am trying to do is group the tabs together, then delete the MAR score, shift all cells to the left, then add a SEP score. The problem is... when I try to do that, the graph changes to only show APR MAY JUN JUL & AUG. I can't get it to automatically add SEP. I could do it individually but that would be very time consuming to do it for 50 ...

Update query with greek characters 04-28-07
I want to do an update query on a table I imported to change all records to propercase. So far no problems. In my table I have also a lot of greek names (in the greek alphabet) and when I run the query all greek letters are replaced by questionmarks. As this is a long table I want to avoid doing it all by hand. Can someone help me? Thanks -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Try creating a form bound to this table. In Form Design view, select the field that should contain the Greek characters, and set the Font to a Greek font. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, West...

VBA Code Dilemma
I have a form with a combo box and a button on it. The combo box looks up a number for a certain file set. Based on this number I am opening a file in excel where the file name corresponds to this number. This I can do. However, my customer wants to have more than one combo box on this form and each combo box do the same function for each different file set numbers, when the one button is clicked. How can I do this without duplicating all the same code? Thanks KBoard -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/200706/1 More info, plea...

No update of dates
I have a worksheet, which is a log of clients I see everyday and it goes for 2 weeks at a time. How can I use one of the functions, ie: today(), and have the worksheet pick up the correct date everyday, but without updating the previous dates in that worksheet? Thank you in advance. Hernan. "chileno74@hotmail.com" wrote: > I have a worksheet, which is a log of clients I see everyday and it > goes for 2 weeks at a time. How can I use one of the functions, ie: > today(), and have the worksheet pick up the correct date everyday, but > without updating the previous dates...

Time WITHOUT Updating
Is there a way I can add an Excel column that has just the current time stamp (no date), but without updating the other times? I'd like this to happen automatically, like a formula. I've tried Macros, Now () function, etc. but everything updates the other entries For example Entry #1 | Time Entere Entry #2 | Time Entere Thanks - Hi Melissa You have to use some VBA code. E.g. Harlan Grove posted a solution some days ago (I really liked his idea as you can use the defined name in any formula on your spreadsheet). e.g. IF(A1<>"",_NOW_,"") look at http://...

Updating/adding problem
Hello. We have two tables: 'Customers' and 'CustNotes' Both have a unique and related identifier called CUSTNO. Our problem stems from the fact that the 'Customers' table is periodically replaced in its entirety with an import procedure, and it contains no field suitable for our use for notes. Hence our creation of a second table to contain the notes. We can relate the two tables using the common field CUSTNO and produce useful information from a simple query in forms and reports. But we're stymied on how to add new notes where they didn't exist before. ...

Task Wizard Limitation?
Moving a mailbox from one Exchange 2003 server to another, I got through the Task Wizard and change the beginning of the task from the Default to in the wee hours of tomorrow morning. The final screen I come to shows Task In Progress and "Waiting for scheduled time to start". The only available button is Cancel, and I know that if I do Cancel the task won't happen. Does that mean I can't log off? Will the scheduled task run if I log off? On Thu, 14 Apr 2005 10:44:08 -0400, "Guppy" <guppy413@junk.hotmail.com> wrote: >Moving a mailbox from one Exch...

Update date & time in a cell only when worksheet is changed
I have a workbook with multiple worksheets. I'd like to have the time & date in a cell in each worksheet update only when information in that worksheet is changed. I don't change each worksheet each time I use the workbook. I tried =NOW(), but it changes the time and date in each worksheet. Hi, You need code for that. ALT+F11 to open VB editor. Double click 'ThisWorkbook and paste the code below in on the right. Change the cell to the one you want Private Sub Workbook_SheetChange(ByVal Sh As Object, ByVal Target As Range) Application.EnableEvents = False Act...

VBA
I have a program that allows the user to insert additional revenue an expense lines. However, whenever a new row is inserted my formulas ar thrown off. How do I make a cell constant. Example C11/C14 ...... when ever I insert a new row C14 becomes C15 and I nee the formula to change accordingly. Any ideas..thanks -- bforster ----------------------------------------------------------------------- bforster1's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1177 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26125 if you're trying to ma...

What should be in the Container called 'Scripts'?
Hi What should be in the Container called 'Scripts'. Stapes Macros -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Stapes" <steve.staple@gmail.com> wrote in message news:400aa153-098c-46bc-83ff-b2a56b3bda09@i29g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi > > What should be in the Container called 'Scripts'. > > Stapes ...

Bank Updating Problem(s)
Is it just me, or are there some serious issues with Money Plus updating bank information? I have been using Money 2006 successfully for several years now and have been forced to upgrade or lose my bank updating ability. So I updated. Now nothing but trouble. 1. I updated early last week. For the most part things worked well except for poor matching against my existing entries. But I'll get to that later. What really peeved me was coming in this morning and sometime over the weekend it downloaded 245 transactions dating back to early 2007 from my bank. Took me a long time to re-rec...

Combobox value update problem
I have a form with three unbound controls: two combobox and one listbox. The values for the controls come from the following code: Private Sub Form_Load() Dim cboPlantType As ComboBox Set cboPlantType = Me!cboPlantType With cboPlantType .RowSourceType = "Value List" .RowSource = "Annual;Perennial;Tropical" End With Me!cboPlantType = Me!cboPlantType.ItemData(0) Dim cboPlantCat As ComboBox Set cboPlantCat = Me!cboPlantCat With cboPlantCat .RowSourceType = "Value List" .RowSource = "Aquatic;...

Operation failed after DST Update OL97
After I ran the daylight savings time update, outlook 97 has been acting up. Everytime outlook is started up I get "operation failed"-- I click okay and then I can go into inbox and send messages fine. Reminders do not come up at the right time or they sometimes don't come up at all when they do I get the same message "operation failed" nothing else. We are running exchange 2000 and OL97 in coporate workgroup mode with Windows 2000 operation system with latest service packs and updates. I have tried the run outlook /cleanreminders switch and /resetfolders switch and...

Stuck at "Update in Progress"
Using MS Money 2007 Home and Business WinXP I have been happily using this since I bought it in 2007, and today, when I went to update, it simply stuck on "Update in Progress". I researched the issue and found this fix: How to remove personal financial information from MSN Money To remove personal financial information that is stored in MSN Money, follow these steps. Note If Microsoft Money is installed on your computer, turn off synchronization before you use the procedures in this article. To do this, follow these steps: Start Microsoft Money. Click Tools, click...

Assigning tasks in Outlook 2003 #2
We plan to use Outlook 2003 extensively to monitor tasks besides basic emailing functions. The Outllok 2003 we have installed does not permit assignment which I assume is done under "Owner" field when a "Create New Task" window is opened. The Owner field does not permit stating of a Owner. -- Terence Did you try making a Task and clicking the Assign button in the toolbar? It will create a To... field and you can then send the Task to another person, thus changing the Owner. That's the only way to change the owner - they will receive a Task Request by email. J...

problem after latest updates
hi, was out of town for a couple months and didnt use my home pc for that time. came home and started updating. there were several i had missed from being away. after downloading all the updates i'm having trouble with web pages loading, sometime they do, sometime they dont and sometimes when they do, they freeze. other programs i have installed seem to work ok i also downloaded new versions of ad-aware free and avg anti-virus free. i'm using XP home edition service pack 3, IE 8. also using zone alarm firewall. can anyone help? thanks In news:6CDDF08B-B4A9-4390-89D4-...

Error while updating lead data
We are using version 4.0 of CRM. In this while edidting the existing lead details and saving the data it's giving an error. if any one come across this issue, please clarify me. Hi, What kind of errors are you getting when you are updating the lead? Can you please post the error message. Do you know how to enable DEV Errors? If so enable DEV errors, it will give you more details on the error. Hope this helps! Darren Liu, Microsoft CRM MVP Crowe Horwath http://www.crowecrm.com http://msdynamicscrm-e.blogspot.com/ On Feb 4, 12:27=A0am, Subbu P <Subbu P...@discussions.microsoft.com...

Setup Assistance and Software Update
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: intel Hi there, I work in a HE College and we've just installed Office '08 in one of our labs. When students log into their accounts and we have disabled the Setup/Updater it all crashes. Enable them and they get to use Office but we don't want them at least having the option to use the Updater. Is there a way to at least disable the updater appearing for every first time user please? "StuInKingston@officeformac.com" wrote: > I work in a HE College and we've just installed Office '08 in one...

Moving data labels around with VBA (and adding a line between two
Hello. I am looking for a way to manage data labels in an automated charting procedure I am writing. The chart is a waterfall chart (I believe) and I'd like to be able to loop through each dataseries/column to find the height of the total column and then set the label for the total column to sit x points above it. There is a second issue I need help with. As the chart displays components of return for stocks and bonds, I'd like to place a line in between the last stock and the first bond shown. Is there a way that I can place this line dynamically (charts will like have diff...

Outlook 97 Task Manager customisation
I want Task manager to give me more that 3 priorities 'Low, Normal, High' 1 through 10 or text string would be good, maybe some intelligence re-allocating numbered priority when jobs are completed. The other one is preventing it from truncating the text in the 'Notes' field when exporting to an Excel file. I also want to learn about 'Form" and what they can do and how to use them. Any Help greatfully received. ...

How do I controle the order of the tasks in the task Pad?
When I print the dayly view for my calander the task pad list is not the priority list I want to show. How do I control the order and tasks that will print. did you try creating a view of the tasks you want to include before printing it? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@PEACH.EASE.LSOFT.COM You can access...

Script for uninstalling an Outlook add-in administratively (.exe)
I have this script that I am trying to automate, but the Send Keys are not working: Option Explicit Dim strComputer, strMSI, MSIapp, App, AppToRemove, objShell strComputer = "." set objShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") '======================================== AppToRemove = "Cisco MeetingPlace for Outlook" ' strMSI = UninstallString(AppToRemove) If strMSI<>"" Then wscript.echo strMSI objShell.Run strMSI End If function UninstallString(strProductName) dim strComputer, oReg, strKeyPath, arrSubKeys, subkey, x ...