Updating Distribution Lists

Just upgraded with a new computer from Outlook XP to
Outlook 2003. All Contacts and info appeared to migrate
very well. Only problem now is with Distribution Lists
which also migrated. But when I try "Update Now," it will
not recognize the Contacts folder and wants to convert
all recipients to non-Contact status. That means when I
update a Contact with a new e-mail address it won't be
updated in the Distribution List. I already tried. Any
thoughts on how to get the list to recognize the Contacts?
0
anonymous (74722)

DL's never survive an import. You'll have to recreate them if you want them
to be able to update. Even then, the Update Now button only works about half
the time.
You might want to consider alternatives to DL's. I abandoned them log
ago--too buggy.

--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"marv" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Just upgraded with a new computer from Outlook XP to
> Outlook 2003. All Contacts and info appeared to migrate
> very well. Only problem now is with Distribution Lists
> which also migrated. But when I try "Update Now," it will
> not recognize the Contacts folder and wants to convert
> all recipients to non-Contact status. That means when I
> update a Contact with a new e-mail address it won't be
> updated in the Distribution List. I already tried. Any
> thoughts on how to get the list to recognize the Contacts?

0
russval (3097)

Outlook 2000 with all updates applied...
On two Windows XPp machines, Outlook 2000 mail is received, but does not appear in the inbox until you do something to refresh the inbox, like clicking on the Outbox then again on the Inbox. Then the mail appears. MS does not appear to have any answers. The Outlook service we are using is for inter-company Outlook mail using Exchange 5.5 with all updates. Both workstations use Windows XPp and Outlook 2000 with all updates applied. Identical machines in the same room are not having this problem. Only these two. The mail is actually there but doesn't appear in the inbox until...

ADC ... and Distribution Groups/PF's
Hi Everyone, Ok, I'm done with Step 4 and I'm a bit confused. Now I see the Exchange related info on the users. I don't see any Distribution Groups nor Public Folder information in AD. When would I start seeing them? Have you created Public folder agreement. "Jan K. van Dalen" wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > Ok, I'm done with Step 4 and I'm a bit confused. > > Now I see the Exchange related info on the users. > > I don't see any Distribution Groups nor Public Folder information in AD. > When would I start seeing them? > &g...

Modifying Look up list in enterprise fields
If Look up values of enterprise fields are updated, will the updated table / list be available to all existing projects as well, or only to new projects. Thx Rajanish Hi Raj, New fields are available for all projects. -- Thanks, Ben. Microsoft Most Valuable Professional http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Raj" wrote: > If Look up values of enterprise fields are updated, will the updated table / > list be available to all existing projects as well, or only to new projects. > > Thx > Rajanish Ben, Thanks for your quick reply. ...

Price updates online
Somewhere I messed up. I use to be able to update my stock and fund prices online. Now when I want to update, all I get is the manual update dropdown. I can get to the Internet through Money, but I cannot get price updates to directly download. I am using Money 2003 with Cox cable internet through a router of a home network. Any ideas? Larry Are you using Deluxe or Standard. I have read several times in this newsgroup that Deluxe will update for 3 years and the std version for only one. I don't know if that is your problem or not, but thought I would share that with you. Bob...

Money 2007: Online Updates
I have recently switched from Money 2005 UK to 2007 US. Glyn Simpson pointed me to a solution to a planner problem, and since then all has been well. However, (a) last week my Passport/Windows Live userid/password stopped working for a few hours (but worked fine on MSN, Hotmail, etc.) and then (b) online updates of prices and exchange rates stopped working. The Passport problem has disappeared, but the prices/exchange rate problem remains. However, I am able to successfully update my US bank accounts and the MSN Money My Account updates are also working. The message for Quotes, News, an...

New users not showing in global address list
We have a new network installed with an Exchange Server 2003 installed at head office and three Server 2003 geographic sites. When we create a new user at Head Office, the user can log on at the remote site but their email address does not appear in the global address list. It seems that all the users we created on Day 1 appear in the Global Address List but any new additions don't. To my thinking, Active Directory is being replicated across the sites because the users can Log In and get authenticated at the other sites. What am I missing regarding the "update" of the Gl...

listing in excel
I have a list of clients on one sheet and would like to do a 'list' to select from on another sheet. ie list of clients on sheet 'CLIENTS' and I'm in a sheet 'BILLING' I would like to right click and select from the list of clients. Can this be done? or how can I do this? the clients lists is constantly updated. I don't have MS Acess. help? Thank you, Howard Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Howard T. wrote: > I have a list of clients on one sheet and would like to do a 'list' to...

Calculate/Update Formulas
Lately, I have been having difficulties getting Excel to update existing formulas. I press F9 to update/calcuate and nothing happens. However, if I go to a particular cell with a formula, hit F2 to edit and simply press the enter key, the formula updates. What gives? Is this some type of virus? Thanks for any feedback. Hi could you post this specific formula? Also does hitting CTRL+ALT+F9 change the value -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Kevin wrote: > Lately, I have been having difficulties getting Excel to > update existing formulas. I press F9 to update/calcuat...

double-clicking a list entry
Whenever I double-click an entry in a list, my cursor jumps to the last entry in the list. Is there any way to prevent this? It's annoying! (I'm double clicking so that I can edit the entry. I know I can get around it by editing in the formula bar, but I prefer to do it in the cell instead) Sally, If you double-click the bottom boarder of the cell, it jumps to the last cell. If you double-click inside the cell, it opens the cell for editing. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Sally Sibthorpe" <SallySibthorpe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

update variable
Hi How can I update a variable by a value of one each time a command button is clicked using macros? Thanks. nc wrote: >Hi > >How can I update a variable by a value of one each time a >command button is clicked using macros? > >Thanks. > > --------------------------------- Even easier, rather than a "button" use a "spinner". It's available to you on the same tool bar you'd use to create a "button". It provides a both up and down buttons to increment or decrement a cell. In the properties for the spinner you can define...

Internet Explorer 6.0 Sp1 Component Update 3.0 for Windows 98
For those of you that want to use various Win-2K updates from Microsoft and apply them to your Win-98 system, this update package has been designed to bring together all those various updates and install them automatically. MD InternetExplorer 6.0sp1 Component Update 3.0 *Windows Script Update 5.6 *971961 - Unofficial JScript Security Update *944338 - Unofficial Windows Script Security Update *973354 - Unofficial Outloook Express Cumulative Security Update *976325 - Unofficial Internet Explorer Cumulative Security Update (with uninstall) *905495 - Unofficial Security Update (MSI...

Clarification on EWS/Exchange 2007 free/busy issue
Clarification: Free/busy is denied to any user that has been granted specific access to a user's calendar when EWS is used to add/change a permission for a person or group. If the user is a member of a security group listed with access to the calendars, all users in the group will be denied access to free/busy to the calendar. We've discovered that when a user uses EWS (version 13.0.3) to modify calendar permissions (Exchange 2007) on his/her calendar that this causes an issue where the free/busy info is no longer available to any user listed/granted specific access to the u...

How do I wrap text in the subject column in the list of tasks
i seeing the list of taks in using the menu "Tasks" in outlook. However I am unable to wrap the text under the subject column that I miss the words. Even when printed in landscape the words are truncated. So how do i wrap the text in the view and print out, so that I can see all the text. You can't, you can either remove and/or resize some columns or select the entire list and paste it into Excel and modify it from there. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads,...

limit validation list to prevent dups
I am using a validation list and need to restrict it so that for each column in a worksheet, the items in the list may only be used once. The validation list is used for 14 columns but these columns are used to create a list in another worksheet and I need to ensure that the same value is not used twice in any given column. Hi Sonya, Try the following link from Mr. Excel : http://www.mrexcel.com/tip008.shtml Step by step instructions and it's very useful ! Cheers, Kevin Lehrbass kevin@spreadsheetsolutions4u.com www.spreadsheetsolutions4u.com "Sonya" wrote: > I am u...

Updating
I have some text, written in Word 2007 which I change regularly. The same changings need to be made in a Publisher document. I have tried to copy the text into Publisher by Insert especially (?), but how do I update the main document in Publisher? -- Ebbesen, Middelfart ...

Excel database update #3
Hi, Have an excel template that should send data into a excel database. When I run a marco, the database does not automatically update, but if i do it step by step it updates. ("MatTer1.xls") when saved should update the database, by creating a new record in the code hereunder ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMinimized Windows("CHAVES.xls").Activate ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMaximized Selection.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(2, 0).Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMinimized ...

Global Address list #2
My company has recently been split into two comapanies, as a result I have setup a new Excahnge org, however I need to populate my new exchange server with the global adress list for the old exchange org . Is there a way to export the global address list and import into the new org.. Thanks -Darren This article should help. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=155414 "Darren" <Darren@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:eRj2WlbwDHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > My company has recently been split into two comapanies, as a result I have > setup a new Exca...

Single e-mail from list serve delivered to multiple mailboxes
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to take a single e-mail from a outside mailing list and have it delivered to more than one mailbox without using rules? Thanks in advance, Harry Harry Zahlis wrote: > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to take a single e-mail from a outside > mailing list and have it delivered to more than one mailbox without > using rules? > > Thanks in advance, > > Harry Sure, subscribe to the list using an address assigned to a distribution list/group that has the required mailboxes as members. Lanwench - Your suggestion got me to the right place. ...

PS07 Task Updates performed in Timephased View and actual hours mo
We use PS07 and update our tasks daily via the My Tasks page and the Timephased view. The task updates are typically accepted everyday and the projects are published via the publish feature on the 'Applied Task Update Requests and Errors' page. Then we're seeing that hours submitted one day are not there the next day in the resources 'My Tasks' view, or they have moved to other days and have weird hours. When the project plan is opened in Project Professional, the actual hours do not match what was updated and they do not match what PWA currently shows. ...

Huge .Net Update
XP Home SP3 IE8 Automatic Update DIALUP INTERNET SERVICE I just got the icon telling me an update was being downloaded. Like so many times before, the connection indicators were blinking on and off telling me the connection was intermittent, so like so many times before I logged on to WinUD which always corrects this problem and found that this was not a security update but rather one deemed by Microsoft to be high-priority, called MICROSOFT .NET FRAMEWORK 3.5 SERVICE PACK 1 with a size of 69.2 MEGS! Is there no one at Microsoft who cares that those of us users who due to geog...

Money 2007 file wont update from one computer to another
Ok, I have a desktop with Vista and laptop with XP home. I use the notebook when Im away at work and the Vista desktop when Im home. When I got home I wanted my money file from the notebook to be transfered to the desktop but... when I copy the file from the notebook to my external USB HD and then paste it to the desktop to replace the existing one the file does not reflect changes made on the file version on the notebook. When I copy the file from the notebook to the USB HD and then open it it shows one balance. but when I then paste that file to the desktop it shows a different balan...

Programmatically Update a Form's Combo Box Default Value and SQL Record Source
I have one Sales Activity form that I use for data entry and for viewing all records by Sales Person (EmployeeID). Without having to have multiple instances of this form, I want to accomplish the below; based on which EmployeeID (sales person) opens the form in either mode: 1. For the data entry mode – I want the Combo Box’s Default Value to change, based on my user (EmployeeID); 2. Show All Records mode – I want the SQL record source to filter on that sales person’s records (EmployeeID) I’ve got some code for passwords, so I hope I can utilize that part of it; I just do not know how to do ...

Updating external data tables
Hello, Using WinXP and Xl-2007; I've tried to format a table where there is an external link (from text) but it seems Excel does not allow that. Is there a way to refresh the data in a defined table with an external data link? I'd prefer not to use a macro but will try it if it's the only way. Thank you for any advice. David K. ...

Batch update ShowinAddressbook Attribue for DL's
Hi, Can someone help me out on finding or creating a script that can go through an OU and update the showinaddressbook attribute of each DL in that OU to a certain value. Thanks in Advance. Julian ADModify.net is your friend.... http://www.gotdotnet.com/workspaces/workspace.aspx?id=f5cbbfa9-e46b-4a7a-8ed8-3e44523f32e2 Please test first. "Julian" <Julian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1CA1023E-420C-47EF-A0AB-D1CE3A641987@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > Can someone help me out on finding or creating a script that can go > through > an OU ...

Manager To Do List
My HR department would like each manager to see a notice on their Portal "To Do list" when an Employee is coming up for review (anniversary of Hire Date?). Can someone point me in the right direction for creating and setting this up? BP 2.7/GP 8.0 sp4a ------=_NextPart_0001_37AC1F26 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi David This is Terry and I will be able to assist you today. The To Do List in Business Portal is used for managers to approve items from our workflow. For example, an employee submits a time card, it goes to the Manager To Do List to ap...