Update doesn't find expected version

Outlook 2007 SP1 - I went to install the performance patch KB933493 as I'm
having issues with long launch times but got the error message:

"The expected version of the product was not found on the system".

Does this mean that this update was included in SP1 or is there some other
problem?

0
gbplinux (1141)

That's included in SP1.

Long launch time issues are usually caused by addins.

--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
http://www.howto-outlook.com/

http://www.msoutlook.info/

-----

"Gordon" <gbplinux@gmail.com.invalid> wrote in message
> Outlook 2007 SP1 - I went to install the performance patch KB933493 as I'm
> having issues with long launch times but got the error message:
>
> "The expected version of the product was not found on the system".
>
> Does this mean that this update was included in SP1 or is there some other
> problem?

0
Roady

Find feature does not work with HTML messages (Content-type: text/html)
I have Outlook 2000 SP-3 running under Windows ME. When using the Find feature to locate all e-mails with a given word in the message, no items are found if the e-mails are of "text/html" content-type. The Find feature appears to work for any messages that have URLs embedded and are "multipart/alternative" or "text/plain" content-type. I noticed a similar post several months ago (see http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&selm=%23qSBYIssDHA.2224%40TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl). Is there a work-around for this problem, or should this be reported t...

Tab control question about updates
Searched but couldn't see this discussed. I have a form with 5 tabs. Data can be loaded three ways, manually entered, imported from a text file, and imported from a Word template. On one of the tabs (the second) when the user enters information such as a social sec. number (SSN) that matches a file already in the system, a flag goes off and alerts the user. Works fine. On the import functions, the data is loaded and appears correctly, but when the user moves to the second tab where the SSN number appears, it does not set off the flag when the page opens. I can make it happen with a c...

UPDATE using SUM
I have a stored procedure where I am trying to update a temp table in the flow of the sp. I have tried the code below but it gives me an error "Incorrect syntax near the keyword 'GROUP' and I understand the error but don't know how to get around it and still get sums. Can anyone help? Thanks. UPDATE #tempInventoryAnalysis SET [PTDSalesQty] = SUM(CASE WHEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistHeader.InvcDate BETWEEN @StartDate AND @EndDate THEN MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.QtyShipSell ELSE 0 END), [YTDSalesQty] = SUM(MGB.dbo.tblArHistDetail.Qt...

Update Download problem
I downloaded the latest update for Outlook 2000. I did NOT have the installation cd handy. Okay, usually no problem, the instal quits. However this time, it did quit, yet now I am unable to open excel. It launches the instal program. The download was for Outlook. It has me boggled. Outlook, Word and Access open with no known problems. I have tried to open excel different times/ways. It continues to try to load the update. Any reasoning on the subject??? Thanks* ...

TargetInvocationException in Update Invoice in Microsoft Dynamics
Hi, we get the follow error mssage when we try update the invoice object. But, in the same class, we update the salesorder object with sucess. Obs. Our code is a custom page. Any ideas what this could be caused by? Tks Clau >Crm Exception: Message: , ErrorCode: -2147197184, InnerException: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x80045F00): <details></details> at Microsoft.Crm.Platform.ComProxy.CRMInvoiceClass.Update(CUserAuth& Caller, String InvoiceId, String InvoiceXml) [2006-10-10 12:16:47.4] Process: w3wp |Thread: 8708 |Category: Platform |User: d12c7...

How do I set up formulas to update graphs dynamically
Hello, I have the following information I need to graph date Feb-08 Mar-08 Apr-08 May-08 Jun-08 Jul-08 burn 116 23 254 inventory 3035 3011 2757 The "date" is the x-axis label and the "burn" and "inventory" are the values on the y-axis. If the values for burn and inventory are blank for a particular date, I don't want the information plotted. As I add values for each date, I would like the graph to be updated automatically. I understand I need to define a named range and use it in the graph, however, I have not been successful in doing this. Also, even t...

How the heck do I find tables, views, forms etc... in Access 2007
Can Access 2007 navigation be any more convoluted? I've been spending close to an hour trying to find a single table, query form, etc... now that the navigation has been changed. Is there a way to get the old style back? It does take some time - more than an hour :-) - to become familiar with the new interface in A2007 (NavPane, ribbon, ...) Suggestions: - The title bar at the top of the Nav Pane includes a tick box for: All Access Objects - Set Category to: Object Type - The categories (Tables, Queries, ...) collapse. - Show and use the Search Bar. It filters objects as...

multiple fies updating one file
Hi, How would I setup an excel sheet that needs to collect numbers from other excel sheets. The rows and fields numbers will keep growing. I know how to reference a cell in a file but not sure how you can quickly create a reference to a range of cells and how about when the range keeps growing. Thank you Hi Vic; You can select and copy the range you want to link, then go to then go to the receiving sheet and click the top right cell. Click Edit / Paste Special and select Paste Link. This will link the entire range. If you happen to be running Office 2007 you can right click into the ...

Find touched files since a specific timestamp
Hi, Given the name of a folder, what's the best way to find the list of files (include files in sub-directories) that were changed since a specific timestamp? I tried to add the list of files to a CStringArray and then sort them. But it took a while to process some 1000 files. There must be a better way. Please advise. Best, Isaac http://www.globalrendering.com Which sorting method have you used? qsort does 1000 sorting in several ms. Anyway, if you want to get files in a date range, just check date before adding to array, use CFileFind. -- Igor Green, Grig Software. www.gri...

Finding Attachments
Does Outlook 2002 Advanced Find provide a method for locating an attachment in an e-mail??? regards, Adrian Yes, you can search for all items with attachments, but you cannot search for a) specific attachments or b) attachment contents. To perform this type of search, simply right click on any Outlook folder, choose Advanced Find. In the Advance Find window, select Other Choices, then select "Only items with: one or more attachments". -- Hope that helps!! Thank you! Sincerely, Chris Lineback, MCSE Microsoft Enterprise Messaging Support - Please do not send email directly...

Task Update in PWA 2007
Hi, Is it possible to enter some actual in the My Tasks page of PWA 2007, for example to enter some percent complete, then to get the progress of that task in all the PWA views without any validation via Project Professional? If so, how? Thanks for your help! Xiao -- No, this is not possible. Even though the PM can create a Rule to automatically accept the task update, the system DOES NOT publish the update after accepting it. And if the update to the schedule isn't published, it is not visible anywhere in PWA. In conjunction with rules, a software developer...

How do I find duplicate rows in a list in Excel, and not delete it
I have a long list of data in Excel that is 3 columns wide. I need to find and save only the duplicate rows but don't want to delete them. Instead, I could delete the unique rows and keep the duplicate rows. In the customer assistance, I found out how to delete duplicate rows and save the unique rows, but this is exactly opposite of what I want to do. This is one option: =COUNTIF($A$4:$A$18,A4)>1 copy down, and use a Autofilter to find all True HTH Ola Sandstr´┐Żm Picture encl.: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=3498&stc=1 +---------------------------...

Profits of IE 7.0 to 8.0 update if usage for adminstrative tasks only
OS: XP, Vista and 7 Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing What are the benefits of upgrading the IE from 7.x to 8.x in this case ? This FAQ answers common enterprise customer questions about Windows Internet Explorer 8. "Windows Internet Explorer 8 FAQ for Business" http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=e1da2f8c-f982-4cae-a83a-831188e57df9&displaylang=en --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est kakii wrote: > > OS: XP, Vista and 7 > Case: IE used for administrative tasks only, never for web browsing &...

Find Blank Cells
I wish to replace the blank cells in a large database with a zero (0). I cannot figure out how to find a blank cell using the Find and Replace option under the Edit menu. Can anyone show me the way? Hi Peter, I always use CTRL+H to bring up the find and replace menu, leave the fine part empty, and put in what you want to replace it with....however, I do notice you say in a "database"? Do you mean in Access?? Dave M. ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.Exc...

Finding unique numbers in a column
Is there any way to find the number of unique values among a set o values in a column in an excel sheet. I would also like to know th number of times each value appears in the column. Thank -- coolkid39 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- coolkid397's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2431 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=37924 There was also a similar thread under Excel Worksheet functions titled "Delete duplicates". Solution provided was to use: Data>Filter&g...

Updating Links in PowerPoint 2007
I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do I fix? In article <8D3689EE-EA7C-407F-B757-45CEDAE78976@microsoft.com>, Txm49 wrote: > I have pasted in links from Excel 2007 to a PowerPoint 2007 file. Both files > are on same drive. When I open the PowerPoint I get a message "Some linked > files were unavailable and can't be updated." What is going on? How do...

Using SqlDataAdapter for Insert but not Update?
I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing records in my SQL table. I'd like it to perform the Insert on rows that don't exist, but not update the record if it already exists. I have it set to ContinueUpdateOnError because I don't want it to throw an exception if a row already exists, I just want to ignore it. I'm clearly missing something... On Dec 11, 4:46=A0pm, Stu <stumor...@gmail.com> wrote: > I'm having trouble getting my SqlDataAdapter to NOT overwrite existing > records in my SQL table. =A0I'd like it to pe...

i cant find my email documents
After installing an antivirus to my xp computer i cannot find all my past email. it gives a socket error number 10060 and an error number of 0x800CCC0E Please help "bAyai" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:b3e101c4373f$9fc2fd40$a501280a@phx.gbl... > After installing an antivirus to my xp computer i cannot > find all my past email. it gives a socket error number > 10060 and an error number of 0x800CCC0E > Please help If you uninstall it, does the error go away? ...

Upgrade of Foreign Versions
Hi Everyone After suffering a computer crash I have been unable to locate the very, very old disc with my Money software. So, I was wanting to purchase a new copy of Money Deluxe but the only site I can find form which to purchase (from Australia) is the US site. I automatically get re-directed to that site when I select a purchase option on the Australian Microsoft website. I read the dire warnings about foreign versions and incompatability but I'm not too sure what the outcome actually will be. I want to restore my last backup into the new software and continue on in my merry ...

find first number
How do I find the first number in a string? I need to update a field by removing anything that could not be a number. Unfortunately, there's no specific number of characters which I can use to start and stop. Intentions are to replace everything before the first number and after the last number. Fortunately, the numbers I want are grouped together, but in the missle of strings. thanks Here is one example: CREATE TABLE Foo ( foo_key INT PRIMARY KEY, foo_data VARCHAR(35)); INSERT INTO Foo VALUES (1, '1'); INSERT INTO Foo VALUES (2, 'aa21a'); ...

Find not working for numbers ending with zero
I am perplexed.. in Excel 2003 I can search my spreadsheet for number ending in a zero, such as 7457.80 and I can see the number on my screen but Excel will not find it. However, if I search for 7457 it will find the cell. To make it more confusing I can search for 1234.55 and it will find the cell containing 1234.55,, any nunber I search for endind with zero its unable to find, even though I am looking at the number... any suggestions? Thanks, Tony In math, there is no difference between: 1.2 and 1.20 and 1.200000000000000000 So search for 7457.8 If that numeric value is a constant, the...

FW: Try corrective update
--lkdjfwcphrqtozfp Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="ygblvpmg"; type="multipart/alternative" --ygblvpmg Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="lcxxrzqr" --lcxxrzqr Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable MS Consumer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to help maintain the security of yo...

WinXP Pro to Student version Win 7 Ultimate
My son's computer currently runs Windows XP Pro SP3 and he's looking to go to the student version of Windows 7 Ultimate. We've run the advisor and the machine is more than capable of handling the change but we're a bit baffled by some conflicting information on the http://www.software4students.co.uk/ website. The Microsoft Upgrade Path Chart shows that a move from Windows XP to Windows 7 Ultimate can be done, NOT as an in-place upgrade, but ONLY as a "custom install". A custom install is also known as a clean install and can be used to completely repl...

Local Software Update service for Office 2004?
Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft Office on my LAN? With my Xserves, I am using Software Update Service for Apple updates, but can't figure out if there is a way to run a local software update service without using my Internet connection. I can get it from the central servers fine, but was wondering if I could run a local server to manage the Office Updates and monitor the update levels per station. Phillip Remaker wrote: > Is it possible to run a local software update server for Microsoft > Office on my LAN? > > With my Xserves, I am using...